Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Periphery posted:

An attempt to find North a spine?

:drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Periphery posted:

An attempt to find North a spine?

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4f471OPjfY

apologies for shaky, drunk

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!

hiddenmovement posted:

You're going to get utterly smashed.

hmmm...I don't think we will.
If we lose it will be within 30 points I think.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Hooray, Bulldogs vs Port this weekend. That should be a pretty fun match if it opens up.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

pkid posted:

hmmm...I don't think we will.
If we lose it will be within 30 points I think.

I think the problem is that your midfield is going to get absolutely obliterated unless guys like Cotchin play out of their skin and guys like Fyfe play well within it.
The Tiges seem to suffer more than just about any club when their midfield isn't up to it, and they'll be climbing Everest this week.

Testekill posted:

Hooray, Bulldogs vs Port this weekend. That should be a pretty fun match if it opens up.

Yeah, if good Footscray and good Port show up, it should be an absolute cracker.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
I don't hate Richmond or anything and recognize that they are a !top eight! team, but yeah nah Fremantle will have it over before halftime

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Just realised Collingwood are top 4

:|

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

hiddenmovement posted:

Just realised Collingwood are top 4

:|

We've had a very soft opening run. North are the best team we've beaten. We'll drop down a bit over the second half of the year.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

http://www.pedestrian.tv/news/sport/watch-waleed-aly-absolutely-nail-the-adam-goodes-d/5a715856-12c3-471e-90df-44810d585bc8.htm

It felt good to see someone actually address this 'issue' without resorting to prejudiced nonsense... then I read the facebook comments and remembered I reside in a nation littered with racist bigots. So nothing will be taken from this in any attempt of reconciliation.

Andrew Bolt is also a loving moron. Not pulling any surprises with this, I know.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
I wrote a thing on Adam Goodes for Me? I Like Football. Wasn't sure about posting it here but I'm proud of it and want it out there.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Yeah that's great stuff. I only just saw the video today and thought I had the wrong one, couldn't even believe that the most militant racists would have a problem with that.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Waleed Aly very succinctly put what I feel the issue is, I really liked reading your words too shmoses

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I for one didn't find it remotely aggressive given the context of it being indigenous round. Even outside of the round I'd only view it as maybe a bit of an excessive celebration, but certainly not something that deserves this much attention. Trust Eddie to be a fuckwit and have to clarify his statement, even though he still sounds like a obnoxious loving turd regardless.

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!

Diet Crack posted:

http://www.pedestrian.tv/news/sport/watch-waleed-aly-absolutely-nail-the-adam-goodes-d/5a715856-12c3-471e-90df-44810d585bc8.htm

It felt good to see someone actually address this 'issue' without resorting to prejudiced nonsense... then I read the facebook comments and remembered I reside in a nation littered with racist bigots. So nothing will be taken from this in any attempt of reconciliation.

Andrew Bolt is also a loving moron. Not pulling any surprises with this, I know.

Offsiders is the best sports show going around. It just demonstrates that people who like sport aren't all knuckle dragging morons.
It's the sort of program to show people who go "hurrrrr sportsball" when they find out you like sports and instantly think less of you.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Is it still on at a timeslot where it competes with the Bolt Report?

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Better version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0_kssNgVL0

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Jesus I don't remember people losing their nuts about Mark "Not Choco" Williams doing clay pigeon shooting in 2006 or '07 after each goal or whenever it was he was doing that.

(Although he did knock that off after a while probably because someone did have a talk to him about it. :( )

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Yeah it was definitely talked about a little bit but from memory the consensus was that at worst it maybe came across as a little arrogant. The club eventually asked him to stop. There was never a significant public outcry about it and nobody thought it was too 'aggressive' or 'threatening'.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Mark 'Yes, Choco' Williams imitated a man hanging himself at the Grand Final

He was white tho so np

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Shmoses posted:

I wrote a thing on Adam Goodes for Me? I Like Football. Wasn't sure about posting it here but I'm proud of it and want it out there.

Well said. I'm surprised and ashamed at Matthews but I'm not surprised at the attitude from Hall, he was always a wanker. Waleed Aly was indeed right on the ball on a great Offsiders ep, but so was Whateley and Gideon. Only Josh Massoud struck a discordant note with a frankly immature and confused response.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-05-31/offsiders-full-episode/6510062

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Diet Crack posted:

I for one didn't find it remotely aggressive given the context of it being indigenous round. Even outside of the round I'd only view it as maybe a bit of an excessive celebration, but certainly not something that deserves this much attention. Trust Eddie to be a fuckwit and have to clarify his statement, even though he still sounds like a obnoxious loving turd regardless.

He called Goodes an Ape last year live on air and apologised right away but I guess this time he wants to make sure that didn't happen again.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

drunkill posted:

He called Goodes an Ape last year live on air and apologised right away but I guess this time he wants to make sure that didn't happen again.

Didn't he just suggest that maybe he should be used for the premiere of King Kong? And then hurriedly changed what he said with 'uh, I mean, that's the kind of thing they might do, right?'

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Eddie McGuire is just following in the tradition of collingwood presidents, such as Allan "As long as they conduct themselves like white people, well, off the field, everyone will admire and respect … As long as they conduct themselves like human beings, they will be all right. That's the key." McAllister

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

he thought it was an hilarious joke and was quickly shutdown by Luke Darcy of all people

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

hiddenmovement posted:

he thought it was an hilarious joke and was quickly shutdown by Luke Darcy of all people

I like how in my mind Darcy just seems to be the one who's stuck in the room with the person making the really stupid comment. Wasn't he there for BT's gay thing last year?

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

hiddenmovement posted:

That was the best part, you could hear it in Darcy's voice where he wanted no part of it. Eddie was trying to worm his way out of it being all "but that's the sort of thing they'd do right?" looking for some kind of back up from Darcy and Darcy was just "Uh, I uh, no I wouldn't have a clue".

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
you gotta wonder where your life went wrong when luke darcy is smart enough to distance himself from you

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

thepokey posted:

That was the best part, you could hear it in Darcy's voice where he wanted no part of it. Eddie was trying to worm his way out of it being all "but that's the sort of thing they'd do right?" looking for some kind of back up from Darcy and Darcy was just "Uh, I uh, no I wouldn't have a clue".

Yeah Darcy was just a flat, strong, "no, I wouldn't have thought so."

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

https://www.facebook.com/THEAFLMEMES/videos/780475252077896/?pnref=story

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

"Is that the cubical Wayne Carey did some of his finest work ?"

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Hogan finally got his rising star nomination.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Periphery posted:

Lever was robbed. Had an enormous game against Freo while Hogan got the whole consistency nomination.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Periphery posted:

Yet more proof that as the season goes on, cumulative nominations become a thing.

Not that that's necessarily a bad thing mind you.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Thank christ it was a North membership, so there was no chance it would come back.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Also starting this week, players who lead with their head into a stationary or near-stationary tackler will be automatically considered to have prior opportunity :toot:

Same with players "leading with the head"

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-06-01/duck-season-is-over

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-06-01/afl-crackdown-on-headhigh-free-kicks

Gough Suppressant fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Jun 1, 2015

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Gough Suppressant posted:

Also this week and maybe half of next week if we're lucky.....
Let's be fair.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Decided to watch the full episode of Offsiders. Josh Massoud followed up his idiocy on Adam Goodes by saying the problem with Origin is that they got rid of the biff :allears:

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

Gough Suppressant posted:

Thank christ it was a North membership, so there was no chance it would come back.

:iceburn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...

Shmoses posted:

Holy poo poo you're writing for that? Nice! A dude from a forum I occasionally use started it maybe six months ago. Happy he's found some non-Hawk contributors.

• Locked thread