Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Whatev posted:

when a family is as wealthy and well connected as the Duggars, it's pretty loving tough for the kids to not end up in pretty cushy spots. even if the lot of them are functionally retarded thanks to their upbringing

http://defamer.gawker.com/jim-bobs-punishment-for-masturbators-crazy-duggar-tale-1707675683

quote:

Finally: a short anecdote from someone who met the family at a book signing.

Weird little story. Met them at a book signing in TN maybe a year or two ago. Was wearing a t-shirt with a t-rex on it. The line moved at a pretty quick pace, but when I went through one of the boys (a teenager) asked me why I had “dragons” on my clothes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goobish
May 31, 2011

Didn't it say somewhere that they're taught that dinosaurs were the "dragons" in the Bible? I don't know I didn't read the whole loving Bible.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

You Are A Elf posted:

If you were around in the 1980s, it's what the decade smelled like: flammable chlorofluorocarbons.

Lol

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax

Whatev posted:

Like you really think Huckabee and the other pieces of trash defending this brood aren't gonna know industry fellas who could use a hardworking Christian man who is woefully underqualified but shucks it ain't about fancy education it's about character

Eh, maybe. But Jim Bob isn't going to live forever and Josh is political poison. Publicly "supporting" them is one thing, actively propping up an admitted child molester and 18 of his idiotic brothers and brother in-laws might be a bridge too far.

I mean lord, of the husbands that have married the Duggar girls, one's a Wal-mart employee and the other is an unemployed dingus who mostly does Gothardism preaching.

Thinking of it another way, a loving hate group fired Josh...I mean asked Josh to step down...I mean he resigned with honor due to current circumstances.

TNG fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jun 1, 2015

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

You Are A Elf posted:

If you were around in the 1980s, it's what the decade smelled like: flammable chlorofluorocarbons.

Really? I thought it smelled like cocaine.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Goobish posted:

Didn't it say somewhere that they're taught that dinosaurs were the "dragons" in the Bible? I don't know I didn't read the whole loving Bible.

There's an episode of their show where they go to a creationism museum. The crew laugh about it and rip on the museum over the credits.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

TNG posted:

Eh, maybe. But Jim Bob isn't going to live forever and Josh is political poison. Publicly "supporting" them is one thing, actively propping up an admitted child molester and 18 of his idiotic brothers and brother in-laws might be a bridge too far.

I mean lord, of the husbands that have married the Duggar girls, one's a Wal-mart employee and the other is an unemployed dingus who mostly does Gothardism preaching.

Thinking of it another way, a loving hate group fired Josh...I mean asked Josh to step down...I mean he resigned with honor due to current circumstances.

I think the christian patriarcy movement is better at creating good, submissive housewives and stay at home daughters than it is at producing God fearing but functional and high earning christian men. There are a lot of single women in the movement waiting for husbands, apparently, because there are so few men who meet the religious standards for the society and at the same time are successful enough to support a giant family

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

TNG posted:

But really, what sort of future are they setting their children up for? The education they push only teaches things like proper victim behaviors, any sort of scientific progress made in the last 300 years is all lies and devilry, what sort of clothing on women is sinful, and that any critical thinking and opposition to the head of the family will cause you to go to hell. I don't see any development of life or job skills, encouragement to go into fields not related to spreading of their particular brand of ignorance, or generally anything of the sort that would make any of them employable or otherwise useful outside the compound.

Even with the gutting of our education system, the Duggars and their ilk are more so disadvantaged since anything involving not being a professional politician, a brood mare, a used car salesman, or physical laborer is not even on the menu. Jim Bob is going to die, and gormless emotional cripple Josh is going to take over and what then? I highly doubt that the Duggar boys are going to start or be involved in any career that would pay a decent wage. Trying to take over Arkansas, Tennessee, and Colorado are nice and everything, but the real world has technical and professional obstacles that their educations will not prepare them for in the slightest.

One of the older boys is a cop. true story.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

TNG posted:

the other is an unemployed dingus who mostly does Gothardism preaching.

But he's obviously going places, he just graduated from community college with an AA in political science! :eng99:

Can you imagine being in class with him? It was probably a real life version of God's Not Dead, starring Mr. Jessa Duggar as That Guy.

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading

TNG posted:

It'll be tougher with the scandal, though I am sure Josh will end up somewhere cushy if you give it some time. Don't underestimate the power of nepotism.

The girls will, of course, get the short end of the stick, since they are not allowed to work and are only allowed to marry within their cult. Which means their husband pool consists of dumb broke rear end idiots looking for a wife to be their mommy.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax

Crusty Nutsack posted:

One of the older boys is a cop. true story.

John David is so totally going to turn out to be a serial killer.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Goobish posted:

That and the monster described earlier on with a tail like a tree and all that poo poo. It's their excuse to claim dinosaurs existed with man, hence you get this bullshit;

And all the facts, evidence and science that says that's bullshit is just made up lies and satan's influence/god planting tests to lead the weak astray. You know, because an all powerful super deity that created you to be and act a certain way doesn't know how you act or what you are...you know, aside from giving a poo poo what a bunch of peons think of him at all times.

I actually joked with a friend once that someday far in the future if creationism doesn't survive the times, people are gonna find some holed up copy of it from our time along with a copy of Jurassic Park somewhere and think "Look what these dumb fucks believed"

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Jun 1, 2015

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.

Goobish posted:

Close. Leviathan=dinosaurs to these people

Fun fact, leviathan's behavior (thrashing tail) actually closely aligns with the Nile Crocodile which was a lot bigger and more wide-spread in those days. Behemoth was probably an auroch (ancestral wild cattle). Fundies of course ignore their existence and say they're proof that humans and dinosaurs lived together

Of course humans an dinosaurs DO live together because birds ARE dinosaurs and gently caress Jurassic Park for not giving them feathers but fundies like everyone else refuse to believe that

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

TNG posted:

But really, what sort of future are they setting their children up for? The education they push only teaches things like proper victim behaviors, any sort of scientific progress made in the last 300 years is all lies and devilry, what sort of clothing on women is sinful, and that any critical thinking and opposition to the head of the family will cause you to go to hell. I don't see any development of life or job skills, encouragement to go into fields not related to spreading of their particular brand of ignorance, or generally anything of the sort that would make any of them employable or otherwise useful outside the compound.

Even with the gutting of our education system, the Duggars and their ilk are more so disadvantaged since anything involving not being a professional politician, a brood mare, a used car salesman, or physical laborer is not even on the menu. Jim Bob is going to die, and gormless emotional cripple Josh is going to take over and what then? I highly doubt that the Duggar boys are going to start or be involved in any career that would pay a decent wage. Trying to take over Arkansas, Tennessee, and Colorado are nice and everything, but the real world has technical and professional obstacles that their educations will not prepare them for in the slightest.

read the hand maidens tale

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax

katlington posted:

read the hand maidens tale

I hope it's like that without all the sex stuff and oppression and we can just skip straight to Fundamentalism being a historical curiosity.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
A still shot from the Duggar's sex tape.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Say Nothing posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZNZYOQ_tt8

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Say Nothing posted:

:iceburn:

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

Say Nothing posted:

:golfclap:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Say Nothing posted:

lmao

lmao

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

platedlizard posted:

Close. Leviathan=dinosaurs to these people

Fun fact, leviathan's behavior (thrashing tail) actually closely aligns with the Nile Crocodile which was a lot bigger and more wide-spread in those days.

Saltwaters get to 20 feet in the present day. Those fuckers could give a lot of real dinosaurs a run for their loving money, no poo poo old stories would have them as the horrible monsters of doom.

Time Machine
Feb 24, 2006
When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit.
King Jim Bible

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
King Jim Boble.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
jim bob un

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Joshua Jimbobovich Duggar

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Jim Bob, more like Jim Boob

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

jimiiny bobert

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
TLC KNEW

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

jim josh bob

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Top City Homo posted:

i cant believe how easy it is to start a cult

you just memorize the bible and focus an obscure passage disproportionally outside its actual relevance and make huge logical leaps in a loud certain voice

the key is to be really extreme about your views basically the more certain you are the more followers you gather

now keep in mind that the followers are a trickle but you are casting a wide enough net to catch as many people as you can

then you start stratification

in cults its important to stratify and filter

you gotta filter out as many people as possible and cast another net

finally after enough schisms you will have a core of true believers

about 100 people

this is your economic base to milk for money, rape, abuse, and treat as chattel

congrats on your new cult

grow it in size and try really hard to segment it and isolate it

make sure you keep the women to yourself and the men are sent to paramilitary brainwashing camps

keep it going and then move the whole cult to a small rural state and try to take over local politics

you are soon on your way to success

god bless

can i join your cult, bro

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Wulfolme posted:

Saltwaters get to 20 feet in the present day. Those fuckers could give a lot of real dinosaurs a run for their loving money, no poo poo old stories would have them as the horrible monsters of doom.

also, they have been known to use chainsaws - a fact that would have scared the ancients seeing as how they were not familiar with such a tool.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

etalian posted:

what would tech tree look like?
like the family tree: it doesn't fork

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

Grey Fox posted:

like the family tree: it doesn't fork

lol

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

lol im legit Billy at the end there

you see it took me a while to get it

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Minimalist Program posted:

can i join your cult, bro

like fish in a barrel

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
if there isnt a mixed drink called a jim bob there should be

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
When one burns one's bridges, what a wonderful fire it makes

Darkman Fanpage posted:

if there isnt a mixed drink called a jim bob there should be

Water plus roofie

McStabby
Jun 26, 2007

LANA!!! CRUUUUUSH!

Blizzy_Cow posted:

Kool-aid plus roofie

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Blizzy_Cow posted:

Sacramental wine plus roofie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran
Jesus Juice.

• Locked thread