Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Birdstrike posted:

Where is everyone btw?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Birdstrike posted:

Where is everyone btw?

funnily enough they're all online

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Matthew Beet posted:

funnily enough they're all online

I'm leaning towards either Mith or Birdstrike, I just can't figure out whether Mith's complete absence today is more suspicious than Birdstrike's monomania.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

im getting tired and want to go to bed. at this stage im leaning towards anidav because, hell why not. for reasons mentioned above.

tomorrow's lylo at a guess (if 2 scum) so if we're absolutely stumped after tonight, i dunno lynch bowmore or tirade.

things i'm not happy with

bowmore - being very active start of game and quite yesterday ( said he was out) and quiet today. i can imagine a scenario of him bussing his scum buddy to remain above suspicion all game. because he has been. above suspicion that is.
mith - hammer last night, on again off again voting on d1 on coq. no scum hunting. no player write up that she's done in every other single game.
tirade - claim is at odds with every single vanilla flip. not saying it's impossible but.. well we haven't had a town come out to say if they have a role which would help to validate his claim of town. which if bif was really town then too would give you a voting block of at least three townies, 3/4 of the vote. but here we are.
anidav - no scum hunting, no real interest in scum hunting, no real interest in being interested, making these marketing statements that he's done in the past with scum, eg team silent. would have to have a role for scum to bus coq instead of him because i can't imagine that happening any other way unless scum had no read intention and just jumped on coq when it was apparent. only person left alive who didn't was tirade.
bif - says she's 100% im town. i never like it when people do that
birdstrike - i dunno about this one.

so in summary :tinfoil:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tirade posted:

I'm leaning towards either Mith or Birdstrike, I just can't figure out whether Mith's complete absence today is more suspicious than Birdstrike's monomania.

that's a good word for it. i was trying to think how to word it in my little summary of today but his singular focus on something that others aren't finding that interesting or even participating in seems somewhat contrived or forced. i'm storing that one in the bank for future scum games though.

but aside from that, i dont have any other read on him. Voting seems fine, content seems fine. has scum hunted. On the contrary we have anidav with no scum hunting at all and mith who also isn't scum hunting.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Anidav's reply there was all over the place too. This is clearly role light, but then town should assume all vanilla... unless Tirade is lying? (lying about it NOT being all vanilla??)

man, I thought I had a scummy-as-town problem, but between Kat then Zets then now this - if Anidav's town at least lynching him would fit the theme we got going here.

Mith might be more suss though since she should know better :v:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
You're right I have no excuse for not scum hunting. We just kinda hit COQ and Kat was acting weird. The only thing that stands out for me was how last night was cut slightly short.

I could go on about I've been out enjoying the lack of University and not paying as much dedication to Mafia as I did in my unemployed period but that's just drama you don't want to hear. My vote is on Mithranderp; that's more powerful than any words can offer.

However, lets just entertain the fact that I'm scum for the moment. I expected to die on day 1 and I'm pretty sure Gaspy did too. Putting me on a scum team a few days ago where my name was packing extreme levels of hate is simply unfair. It's cruel game design. The robot I've been given is described as cynical and not open to other people's suggestions. I believe that gets the point across enough as is.

Trying to throw shade on me for "not scum hunting" is fair and unfair at the same time. It's fair as in you all probably expect me to bring up a list of quotes and use a bunch of phases and tools to hitch all that red string together. I can do that, I haven't yet but I can.

It's unfair because you guys practically killed Kat and Zet for acting in a similar vague fashion. These people were not scum, these were townies who were lynched based on narrative. The narrative that went out of control on day 2 and regrettably I contributed to for poking Kat too hard. Just because COQ got caught for posting nothing doesn't mean we'll catch the other scum the same way. So far we are trying to catch people the same way and it almost makes me think that Birdstrike and Mithranderp are both town and we let the ease and behaviour behind COQ's lynch PAINT what a scum looks like and how it behaves for the rest of the game.

So here's the thing, either Matthew Beet, Tirade or Birdstrike are the second scumbro. Mithranderp and her boyfriend are busy as gently caress with University work and her cutting the conversation short last night might just be hitting the clock for bed time. I understand this.

I also understand that there's too many people looking into a variety of situations that overcomplicates and assumes too much on the game that has most of the design front of us: Vanilla. One of these pitchers has to be scum; you just don't gather all around the campfire pitching theories at eachother for one of the pitchers not to be scum. The game doesn't work that way.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
The fact that Birdstrike's been digging away at me hasn't in itself got to me. I get that you guys can't take me at my word. But some of the angles he's taken today seem desperate - he keeps referring my question to mith on d1 as "Tirade's Mith Gambit" or "Tirade's Mith Play" which gets under my skin a bit since I've explained twice now that it was a throwaway question. Trying to suggest that I was lying because of how I reported the roleblock this morning seemed fucken weak as well.

I'm also trying not to forget where I was on day 3: I'd put bowmore, beet and anidav in my "probably town" column following the d1 lynch, had investigated tbk and bif, and so was most suss on Zets, Birdstrike and Mith. While the idea that Anidav is scum and so they bussed Coq to protect him has some slight merit, I still think the odds of that are pretty far out there.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

##unvote

I'm going to dig around in post histories now that I have the time.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

birb and mith based on what?

Matthew Beet posted:

Hey Tirade, why are you voting Birb over Zetsu?

I must say Beet, you are quite inquisitive on people voting Birdstrike.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
##vote Birdstrike

15 mins to go folks, get your votes in.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

here comes the "not omgus" where he's spent the last 6 minutes looking at my posts only.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I think Tirade checks out, most cops act somewhat weird in the earlier days because they have to pry who to check out at night and some people don't quite make it without looking scummy at first.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Anidav posted:

I think Tirade checks out, most cops act somewhat weird in the earlier days because they have to pry who to check out at night and some people don't quite make it without looking scummy at first.

How in vector sigma's name does that check out with your all vanilla push?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

892 posts in game. wow you're doing this pretty quickly anidav :)

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I think it is 50/50 on Tirade but I think it is safer to believe him at this point with TBK's flip.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I'm not going to be able to lynch a claimed cop in 10 minutes.

##vote Anidav

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I just had another thought. mith sat at 2 votes for a few hours today. if scum weren't' already on the vote and they wanted to they could have taken her to -1 from hammer based on the shade thrown on her from me today and yesterday and others yesterday.

that didn't happen though. not a good target?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

But in nature it's a similar gambit to claiming Nurse. No one can say you're lying, no one can prove you're lying and only you know the true nature of the game. So the only circumstance that Tirade is scum is if he knows it is an all vanilla game, probably because it's all vanilla scum.

On top of all this, we need to feel safer so people can lean towards believing him.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Birdstrike posted:

I'm not going to be able to lynch a claimed cop in 10 minutes.

##vote Anidav

See this is why I'm voting for you. You've spent the entire day setting up an either / or thing with me and Anidav, which gives you a perfect cover to go hard against the other person tomorrow.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Matthew Beet posted:

I just had another thought. mith sat at 2 votes for a few hours today. if scum weren't' already on the vote and they wanted to they could have taken her to -1 from hammer based on the shade thrown on her from me today and yesterday and others yesterday.

that didn't happen though. not a good target?

Are you saying she's scum? Try to explain yourself more clearly :cheeky:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

##vote Birdstrike

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Birdstrike posted:

Are you saying she's scum? Try to explain yourself more clearly :cheeky:

lol.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

well poo poo if bowmore and bif hae hosed off my preferred vote of anidav aint geting up.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Tirade posted:

See this is why I'm voting for you. You've spent the entire day setting up an either / or thing with me and Anidav, which gives you a perfect cover to go hard against the other person tomorrow.

I've spent the entire game going hard against you, but nobody else shares my view.

If someone told me I wasn't crazy I would vote you again, but everyone thinks I'm crazy and never not lynch.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i'm not sold on birdstrike being clean, but his record to date is cleaner than yours anidavs or miths.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i'll hit birdstrike in 2 minutes if bif and bowmore dont weigh in.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

urrgh I'm leaning more towards Mith now maybe but it'd probably be Mith AND Birb anyway

##vote birdstrike

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: I say, chap, that appears to be the crimson mallet for Birdstrike.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
poo poo's hosed if bif and bowmore aren't around, with mith disappearing that's 3 out of 7 not here for the hammer.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Is it a bit too convenient for Tirade to have been roleblocked on me when I flip vanilla town like everyone else has?

I say yes.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

im hoping bif shows up so but times ticking.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

fuckit

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
:ghost: gg folks :) :ghost:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Birdstrike (4): Mithranderp, Tirade, Anidav, Bifauxnen
Anidav (1): Birdstrike
Mithranderp (0): Anidav, Matthew Beet, Matthew Beet, Anidav

Not Voting (2): bowmore, Matthew Beet

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 01st, 2015 at 11 p.m. EST -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

While on the harsh planet of MASTER the Headmasters learnt a special survival technique...

... Telepathy! CHROMEDOME uses this now to summon all the other Headmasters to him. FORTRESS doesn't come to help (of course), but he does give Chromedome some information..

.. that Vector Sigma has completed the new element and that the Decepticons are probably going after it. The Headmasters decide they have to stop them!

SKULLCRUNCHER won't let them!

Holy poo poo this is the sweetest thing ever.

CHROMEDOME uses the fighting as a distraction to slip past the guards and pursue MINDWIPE.

JAPAN:

"Man I'm not even watching the show any more. Who's even in it? This guy? Is he in it? I'll buy this guy."

CROSSHAIRS HAS BEEN PURCHASED!

(RIP BIRDSTRIKE, VANILLA TOWN)

NIGHT ACTIONS TO ME!

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

MINDWIPE begins the bizarrely trap-laden journey towards the computer VECTOR SIGMA!

Our hero, CHROMEDOME, has got himself lost!

..and promptly falls down a long pit into some acid.

MINDWIPE is being hassled by BATS! He hates bats! Which is funny, because he transforms into one.

Elsewhere, RODIMUS gets asked what he's going to use the AMAZING NEW ALLOY on, he says he'll use it on all the best stuff. Bizarrely enough Rodimus was JUST looking at a screen at Vector Sigma yet somehow doesn't see..

... a decepticon mystic smothering it with bombs.

JAPAN, 1987:

"Shopkeep do you have any really 70's looking robots, ideally looking like they're wearing a brown waistcoat? You DO?! Fantastic..."

CHROMEDOME HAS BEEN PURCHASED!

(RIP MATTHEW BEET, VANILLA TOWN)

DAY FIVE BEGINS!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

Not Voting (5): Anidav, Bifauxnen, bowmore, Mithranderp, Tirade

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 02nd, 2015 at 11 p.m. EST -- that's in about 12 hours, 4 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
gently caress

i was hoping that I'd be killed overnight.

##vote Anidav I guess.

• Locked thread