Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

MassRafTer posted:

That was fake.

Embarrassed goon retracts idiocy? Shame. I was very amused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Marching Powder posted:

Embarrassed goon retracts idiocy? Shame. I was very amused.

It wasn't a goon and sites don't let you bet that much on wrestling.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

MassRafTer posted:

It wasn't a goon and sites don't let you bet that much on wrestling.

What? He posted in this thread?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Marching Powder posted:

What? He posted in this thread?

Are you talking about the screenshot of someone betting several thousand (or tens of thousands) on Undertaker vs Lesnar?

If it was it was way over the maximum allowed wrestling bet on that site, if not almost every site only allows bets under $100 on wrestling.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

Are you talking about the screenshot of someone betting several thousand (or tens of thousands) on Undertaker vs Lesnar?

If it was it was way over the maximum allowed wrestling bet on that site, if not almost every site only allows bets under $100 on wrestling.

I must have misremembered.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Marching Powder posted:

I must have misremembered.

Pretty sure you are right, but then after he claimed he was exaggerating his bet amount. Great... now I have to go searching for it.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

DannoMack posted:

Bet way more than I can afford to lose on the Undertaker.

DannoMack posted:

My site didn't have a limit.

and then

DannoMack posted:

I can't imagine anyone here actually believed me when I said I found a site that let you bet an unlimited amount of money on pro wrestling?

Fozzy The Bear fucked around with this message at 06:08 on May 25, 2015

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Oh that reminded me that I made a $5 live bet between rounds on Hendo against Shogun at +900. Shoulda bet like 500.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
I can assure you my bets are real. I am a loser overall in sports betting but makeup for it in poker and shooting pool and this year roulette has been very good to me. I do so much gambling that most of the time when I lose money on sports booking I already have it paid for from a winning session in poker. My bookie also run poker games and I just leave half my winnings with my bookie for sports betting. Like right now I have about 6k in credit with him because I don't bet much unless it's football so most of the money I bet on sports I never even see and it's not coming specifically out of my pocket. I actually only bet on MMA because of this thread. I enjoy reading the posts and enjoyed my small winning streak that made me the almighty prophet jase1 but that didn't last very long.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
i gotta start gambling more

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Even weirder. If 100 is your max bet why would you even risk it at those odds? He could have won about a dollar. So if he bet any money whatsoever, lol.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

manyak posted:

It was funny when everyone bet on Coleman though.

let's organise a colemancaust memorial bet for ufc 200 where everybody agrees to throw away thousands on an unwinnable bet

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
If Neil Magny ever gets a title shot

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Triticum Guzzler posted:

let's organise a colemancaust memorial bet for ufc 200 where everybody agrees to throw away thousands on an unwinnable bet

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Aughhhhschwitz dang it

Skip My Posts fucked around with this message at 23:40 on May 25, 2015

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

I just noticed that Cain is a -500 favorite on most sites, which seems waaaay off to me. Cain is the overall better fighter except for his BJJ, but I don't think he's so much better that he should be that big of a favorite, especially considering how much time he's taken off. Werdum's striking has gotten really good, and Cain won't want to take him down. Even in the clinch, Werdum has pretty good knees and elbows. Just seems like a small underdog bet on Werdum is the only thing that makes sense.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Counterpoint: Cain is terrifying.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
I think if Mark Hunt was fine in Werdum's guard then Cain will be too.

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

I think if Bigfoot went five rounds with Hunt, he can take a jab from Frank Mir.

(Actually, I would not be totally shocked if this fight ends similarly to Cro Cop/Gonzaga 2. Cain does things that don't make sense.)

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

MrSmokes posted:

Cain won't want to take him down.

I think your other points have some merit but I think Cain probably will want to do everything to him

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Thiago Alves +230

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Jose Aldo -125

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Thiago Alves +230

Can you let us know how much money you put on these lines?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

What is the go to online book in the US again. This line is making me consider signing up.

BJ EASY
Apr 21, 2010
went and placed a parlay while I was in Vegas last weekend on Aldo at +110 and Lawler at +160, $10 to win $55....just was surprised to see both set at that

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

BJ EASY posted:

went and placed a parlay while I was in Vegas last weekend on Aldo at +110 and Lawler at +160, $10 to win $55....just was surprised to see both set at that

Those are ridiculous odds

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Pretty sure you are right, but then after he claimed he was exaggerating his bet amount. Great... now I have to go searching for it.

It was fakeposting from the getgo and the only reason I posted the last thing was because a really bad poster was posting badly at me and I didn't want him to feel joy

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
$20 on Condit in Round 4 to win $200

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

DannoMack posted:

It was fakeposting from the getgo and the only reason I posted the last thing was because a really bad poster was posting badly at me and I didn't want him to feel joy

It was funny

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

vainman posted:

$20 on Condit in Round 4 to win $200

Whats your logic here

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
Dumb fun mostly, but Condit seems to get stronger as fights go on

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Yeah considering Condit's tank is unlimited and alves'... Not so much a late stoppage is on the cards but I think it'll be done earlier.

PeteRoseHaircut
May 17, 2008

Thank you, Toronto!
So I entered a $3 pool on DraftKings tonight where the winner gets a chance to go to UFC 189. I tied with 8 other people. Tiebreaker next week.

In Hendo we trust, right guys? :ohdear:

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Derrick Lewis -120
Shawn Jordan +100

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

Don't bet on MMA trashweights.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

PeteRoseHaircut posted:

So I entered a $3 pool on DraftKings tonight where the winner gets a chance to go to UFC 189. I tied with 8 other people. Tiebreaker next week.

In Hendo we trust, right guys? :ohdear:

my condolences

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

manyak posted:

Yes you will lose more often than not when you bet on underdogs, yes sportsbetting is a losing proposition long run for the most part, but not for the reason "MMA is unpredictable and you lose sometimes" or whatever people seem to think

The two sports I mainly watch are MMA and NBA and between the two of em I'd way rather bet on MMA. Point spreads are waaaaay more affected by refs in arbitrary and silly ways than the average MMA fight.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Derrick Lewis -120
Shawn Jordan +100

Not bad

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

The Duck of Death posted:

Don't bet on MMA trashweights.

Why not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

arlovski just ko'd travis browne last week, any heavyweight bet is a decent one