Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

VulgarandStupid posted:

It's customary behavior to kill goons after a successful heist.

That's different, it's shank or be shanked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Fishstick posted:

Pretty much. Buy new garages (one out in the desert is always handy), cars, whatever. A friend who went from 1mill to 50ish mill got his excess cash somehow removed a day or two after, but still has all the assets and the cash from before the big influx.

Only 50 mil?

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

I use a 360 controller, because my crappy PC runs this game at 15-20 FPS and aiming with a mouse at that FPS is just bleargh.

However, when using any gun with lock-on, or the RPG, I can't actually lock on to other players in free-mode, no matter if they're a random scrubby or if they're a friend/crew member. Any idea what setting I've borked, because I swear I used to be able to?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Fishstick posted:

That's different, it's shank or be shanked.

You mean "See who notices the grenade in my hand with no pin in it?"

If one of us goes, we all go down together :v:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

CitrusFrog posted:

I'm a sad little leve 15 pauper who's looking for someone to be a gentlegoon and help me snag the Romero and Daemon, and maybe make some money so I can actually buy things like the Kuruma.
socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/ddzshexenritter

That was a hilariously fun thrash session, thanks to you and theguybro

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

theguybro posted:

You forgot the part where I also gave you about 50 million dollars to accompany all of that.

Anyways, if any goons are interested in helping me test some stuff or just want money add my SC.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/stopitb

Peace.

$$$ Added you as net.cafe.scandal. $$$

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

Powershift posted:

Hey add me on SC or some poo poo I didn't grab your name, if you want to.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Juxtaposed Shoe posted:

Well you can deposit/withdraw cash on your phone right now. It doesn't make sense but you can do it.

Yeah you originally weren't supposed to be able to do that.

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:
Man I wish money madness was still going on for consoles. PS4 is dying for some illegitimate lovin'

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

theguybro posted:

Hey add me on SC or some poo poo I didn't grab your name, if you want to.

Thanks, sorry I went afk for a spell but the breakfast boy had arrived.

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

Thanks, sorry I went afk for a spell but the breakfast boy had arrived.

I'm going to get back on in 5 minutes to test some new poo poo out. If you're still on we can kill more russians

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

theguybro posted:

Only 50 mil?

Still way more than I've ever seen, and I have many more stupid horns to buy.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

:siren: New Update for Grand Theft Auto Online Coming Next Week :siren:

Wonder if a ban wave will accompany it.

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe
Ah, it's the Arab Money update

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

"Ill-Gotten Gains"

I can't tell if they're referencing the in-game heisting or the people hacking in billions of dollars :v:

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Interesting, though the "solid gold" aircraft are a bit 'meh'.
I do like the look of the new gun. I just wish, however, we could select a default gun of each class and have it stick. Without any workarounds.

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

Ah, it's the Arab Money update

:lol: this, exactly.

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

I hope so, then only real men will be cheating

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
So after heistin' last night, another goon and I (wrathsomething ingame) compared our old classic cars before taking them on a short little impromptu race when we were inspired to host a larger scale Goon Classics Series.

I want to set up a small series of impromptu races (up to 30 racers!) across the island. It would be a few pre-planned point-to-points that should give a nice test of a variety of driving abilities as well as some epic book-ends. Open with a race from north point to the portlands, tackle a series of short races in downtown, the hills, the desert and finish off with a climb to the top of mount chiliad. Or something.

These would be done in classic sports or 70s era muscle cars. I don't know if we want to get all rp nerdy with the rules (no wacky colours) but it would be sweet to see a fleet of era-appropriate designs racing together. I personally don't care.

I'll capture everyone's times and tally the results and maybe offer up a free avatar or forums upgrade for a prize or something. Maybe a cheap shark card :lol:

What do you guys think? Give me your input! I'll be on mumble tonight so you can whisper sweet nothings into my ear about how bad an idea this is. I'll take a day or two to work out the finer points and give some notice for people to free up time.

Zigmidge fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Jun 1, 2015

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

Totally down for a sports classic race. I have a ton of pimped out muscle cars that are collecting dust in my garages,

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Zigmidge posted:

So after heistin' last night, another goon and I (wrathsomething ingame) compared our old classic cars before taking them on a short little impromptu race when we were inspired to host a larger scale Goon Classics Series.

I want to set up a small series of impromptu races (up to 30 racers!) across the island. It would be a few pre-planned point-to-points that should give a nice test of a variety of driving abilities as well as some epic book-ends. Open with a race from north point to the portlands, tackle a series of short races in downtown, the hills, the desert and finish off with a climb to the top of mount chiliad. Or something.

These would be done in classic sports or 70s era muscle cars. I don't know if we want to get all rp nerdy with the rules (no wacky colours) but it would be sweet to see a fleet of era-appropriate designs racing together. I personally don't care.

I'll capture everyone's times and tally the results and maybe offer up a free avatar or forums upgrade for a prize or something. Maybe a cheap shark card :lol:

What do you guys think? Give me your input! I'll be on mumble tonight so you can whisper sweet nothings into my ear about how bad an idea this is. I'll take a day or two to work out the finer points and give some notice for people to free up time.

Hell yes. Sports classics are the best and I want in on this.

knockout
Apr 27, 2014

my reputation's never been worse, so

Juxtaposed Shoe posted:

Well you can deposit/withdraw cash on your phone right now. It doesn't make sense but you can do it.

I demand my cut of the heist be paid in bitcoin!

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

I'm hoping so desperately that the pdw is really a taser with a scope. Gullwing doors though :allears:

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

deadlyrhetoric posted:

I demand my cut of the heist be paid in bitcoin!

So, takes a day to show up and the value goes down before you get it, and it takes 3 days to cash it into GTA bux?

E: My new favorite thing to do is putting prox mines on simeon's dock garage entrance and at the airport jump.

MrLonghair posted:

I want to ride that Gullwing with doors up so bad

And also yes

Fishstick fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jun 1, 2015

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I want to ride that Gullwing with doors up so bad

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Is there a way to stop getting notifications from outside-session pubbie invites? The notification menu in settings isn't exactly clear on what counts as what

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

hellfaucet posted:

Totally down for a sports classic race. I have a ton of pimped out muscle cars that are collecting dust in my garages,

What's a favored classic?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Fishstick posted:

Is there a way to stop getting notifications from outside-session pubbie invites? The notification menu in settings isn't exactly clear on what counts as what

I turn off Phone Alerts I think it is. You still get the sounds though...

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

hagie posted:

What's a favored classic?

Coquette Classic, Casco, Stinger GT, Monroe

Kerosene19
May 7, 2007

Fishstick posted:

E: My new favorite thing to do is putting prox mines on simeon's dock garage entrance and at the airport jump.

I usually put them in the landing area at the airport jump. Good times

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Fishstick posted:

No, but there should be a way to "accept invites from Friends, Crew, Gen Pop" or something. Rockstar still needs to loving fix the phone invite display and at the very least add crew tags to the invite so.

As SSB said, go to Notifications and turn off the notifications. The right side of the screen will be clear of popups.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Powershift posted:

It was great fun, and you have a very pretty car collection. Also thank you for the Romero, I promptly (thanks to an infusion from stopitb) bedecked it in a manner less GTA than Saints Row.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Matazar is my archenemy because he somehow managed to kill me 17 times in a session and I don't remember getting mad at him at all after he accidentally crashed his jet into me for the third time in a row. But yeah, random stuff does happen and it's usually hillarious.

17 seems high but I do recall the jet incident. In my defense I did it for science... We did have a lot if random fun on the 360.

Geeves was and may still be my archenemy for similar reasons. He has a very explosive personality.

I like not having to worry about pink circles shooting me and haven't run into to many goons griefing other goons outside of accidental issues between LLJK and WEZL. Typically that's quickly resolved once one side points it out, then everyone friends each other. Though if you are AFK I will probably set you on fire or have you come back to something interesting at least very least.

Also I'd be up for classic car racing if it happens.

New update looks boring at a glance but maybe I'll be surprised.

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

geeves posted:

No, but there should be a way to "accept invites from Friends, Crew, Gen Pop" or something. Rockstar still needs to loving fix the phone invite display and at the very least add crew tags to the invite so.

As SSB said, go to Notifications and turn off the notifications. The right side of the screen will be clear of popups.

They do have crew tags, it says right next to the name what crew they are in.

Edit: gently caress visual studio im going to sleep

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

CitrusFrog posted:

It was great fun, and you have a very pretty car collection. Also thank you for the Romero, I promptly (thanks to an infusion from stopitb) bedecked it in a manner less GTA than Saints Row.

It's shame all the fun stuff actually costs you so much money. One police rampage with some missile launchers and you're out 15k. Granted, seeing stopitb explode poo poo just by walking near it was worth it.

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

Fishstick posted:

It's shame all the fun stuff actually costs you so much money. One police rampage with some missile launchers and you're out 15k. Granted, seeing stopitb explode poo poo just by walking near it was worth it.

Lol that 5 star wanted level

And thats cool we can play again some time if you want to. Pause.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Fishstick posted:

He truly is the gift that keeps on giving.

I got to go on my first tank rampage since I started playing the PC version (and online) during that sesh too, it was loving glorious.

edit: He also appeared out of nowhere on me at one point after someone forty-odd levels higher than me killed me out in Tongva Hills, the guy and his armoured kuruma exploded and suddenly the guy lit up the text chat with "WTF"

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

theguybro posted:

Lol that 5 star wanted level

And thats cool we can play again some time if you want to. Pause.

Yeah that was fun, except when I almost instantly lost that wanted level because I was chasing after a player and I guess LSPD swat doesnt get into the boonies fast :(. Hence me shooting at a chopper to get the fun guys to come back. We shoulda done that in the city. Plus, they destroyed my Blade. Dick move.

The last thing I remember seeing after those dick pubbie snipers started camping me was a civilian car roll by with all four wheels on fire, and the driver, also on fire, bailing out. I don't know if that was you, but that was the cherry on the rampage cake.

PS: You should make it rain on me next time because I will do bad things for money, as long as they don't include heists.

Fishstick fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jun 1, 2015

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Man, can't wait to buy the blinged out jet and the Osiris. And that Mercedes gullwing :h:

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
I guess I need to grind out more money now. Here I thought 40k might be good for a while. Good thing I don't work today! PS4 =scyron57

edit; dailies mean something, kind of now. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Daztek posted:

Wonder if a ban wave will accompany it.

Doesn't matter anymore, GTA:O has been cracked. Private servers are now a thing.

• Locked thread