Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Look Under The Rock posted:

That's what I was doing by saying it was a bad vote.

You jumped down my throat in a way that strikes me as really panicky. Either you have a dog in this race or you're trying to look active. ##vote ecco

lol u dum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

it's a more town play but it's boring and not seaworthy

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
You're c-worthy.

(Crap at mafia!!!)

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

"Rap" at mafia, plehboi

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

EccoRaven posted:

If being a vig is not related to alignment in a discernible way then I would not be opposed everyone with a vig claiming so we can keep them in mind.

I think this is a good idea.

As far as I can tell vigs are unrelated to alignment since it just says "people" raided the ship's armory and five people got blades.

That being said I do not think this is a good idea. It's not exactly IT RUINS THE SURPRISE but it's sort of it ruins the surprise? Also scum can wait until a breakpoint while never claiming vig and then just stab some mans when it's too late for us to stop it. If multiple scum have knives.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Tremendous Taste posted:

"Rap" at mafia, plehboi

Knowing you are the whitest kid in the world makes a lot of your posts very amusing.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

EccoRaven posted:

Knowing you are the whitest kid in the world makes a lot of your posts very amusing.

i admire that you can post this without shame

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

EccoRaven posted:

If being a vig is not related to alignment in a discernible way then I would not be opposed everyone with a vig claiming so we can keep them in mind.

If we also institute #vigvote (one pound sign so as to bypass the rule on fake day actions), this lets us actually use vigs to the town's benefit and hold them accountable for it.

I think this is a good idea.

what do you think this accomplishes

vigs aren't in addition to a day's dunk, they replace a day's dunk

if you can get a majority vote on someone, you just dunk them, you don't vig them, there's no point.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

dscruffy1 posted:

That being said I do not think this is a good idea. It's not exactly IT RUINS THE SURPRISE but it's sort of it ruins the surprise? Also scum can wait until a breakpoint while never claiming vig and then just stab some mans when it's too late for us to stop it. If multiple scum have knives.
- Surprises are meant to be ruined when death is on the line.
- There are 5 vigs. If we all decide to do this and only 3 people claim we can know those other 2 are probably scum who were going to do that late-minute-stabbing-to-win-the-game thing regardless.
- Vigs kill townies, this is a universal fact of mafia. (unless they're me: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3467291&userid=61359)
If we make them publicly accountable this at least let's us be responsible rather than some two-bit loser with a gun.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Pinterest Mom posted:

vigs aren't in addition to a day's dunk, they replace a day's dunk

Welp.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Ecco's plans are dumb and bad and they are intentionally avoiding casing of any sort.

Ecco is a scum!

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
On easy D1 lunches:

EccoRaven posted:

- Gulag
- TT
- Betrayer
- Gridlocked (sorry but you're newer and you need to be careful scum will love to make lazy cases against you now that you're not Fresh Off the Boat!)
- Me, if I am AFK for too long.

I mean if you want to get pissy at me for agreeing with your initial logic then that's whatever

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CCKeane posted:

Ecco's plans are dumb and bad and they are intentionally avoiding casing of any sort.

Ecco is a scum!

Nah it was a Good Idea had I not been contradicted by the OP (quandary is rude).

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

I mean if you want to get pissy at me for agreeing with your initial logic then that's whatever
This is not at all what you are doing though.

- Somber votes Gridlocked for making a bad vote.
- You post at Somber for making a bad vote on Gridlock, emphasizing that Gridlocked was just so new gosh golly and that makes Somber's vote especially bad. But you didn't call him scum and you didn't vote for him.
- I say "hey you're not actually concerned about Somber, you're just defending Gridlocked."
- You call me scum "getting pissy" and "jumping down your throat."

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

EccoRaven posted:

- You call me, scum, "getting pissy" and "jumping down your throat."

well there it is

##vote ecco

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

merk posted:

Hey Hal

merk posted:

*preps musket*

I made these posts in another thread thinking it was this thread. Hal isn't even in this game, so this is awkward.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I have been posting in another game MULTIPLE TIMES while thinking it was this game.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

you also asked keane not to thunderdome you because you have a family :shobon:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

all mafia is linked

infinite parallel universes

apparently hal is mute in most of them

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mafia's a flat circle

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

My ears just popped for the first time since going to a rock show on Friday night and now the world feels very loud

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Imagine four vigilantes on the side of a cliff. The first one kills the second one, the second one kills the third one, the third one kills the fourth one, and the fourth one is modkilled for being Jetlam.

Time works the same way.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Grid's vote really was not very good.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Somberbrero posted:

Grid's vote really was not very good.

I don't disagree, but yours was worse

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

anyway we're on ecco being scum now, catch up

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Except you do disagree! None of your behavior makes sense if you don't disagree that Gridlocked made an exceptionally bad vote.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

I have been posting in another game MULTIPLE TIMES while thinking it was this game.

Let's thunderdome merk for his transgressions.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

The newbie pass expires after someone's first game. I feel comfortable that I can differentiate between new play and scum play, especially after having read Coins.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I thought I was voting ecco.

##vote: Ecco

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Rude guys rude.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

EccoRaven posted:

Except you do disagree! None of your behavior makes sense if you don't disagree that Gridlocked made an exceptionally bad vote.

I agree that the vote was not very good. I disagree that it was "exceptionally bad." My behavior makes sense from the perspective of "Somber's vote was worse than Grid's" and "why the gently caress does Ecco care so much about this"

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I was going to shoot Hal in the other game.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
WHY YOU SHOULD VOTE FOR LUTR INSTEAD OF ME:
- Because I am town :sax:
- Because she scummy.

WHY IS LUTR SCUMMY?
- Her posting re: Somber makes no sense. It feels less like she actually thinks Somber made a scummy vote and more like she's trying to buddy up to a newer player.
- When I posted that maybe that's why she was doing it, she snapped and insta-voted for me (while never voting for somber!!). She then doubles down on what is clearly a preemptive OMGUS vote.
- And now she says to Somber "I don't actually disagree with you about Gridlocked's vote" which is total nonsense, if she thought Gridlocked made an exceptionally scummy vote then why is she going after Somber for voting for it?? It's bonkers.

I've been trying to give her the benefit of the doubt since she posted in the discussion thread that she is on cold medicine but push is coming to shove.

(People should also vote TT because ecco gambit and since he's tied right now I'm going to leave it there but I'll be checking the thread a lot since I have nothing going on today.)

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Hey Opo

*spins musket*

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote LUTR

didn't read

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

I agree that the vote was not very good. I disagree that it was "exceptionally bad." My behavior makes sense from the perspective of "Somber's vote was worse than Grid's" and "why the gently caress does Ecco care so much about this"

I mean exceptionally in the sense of, it stood out. Your play doesn't make any sense from the perspective of "I think Somber made a bad vote." Why didn't you pursue it? Why didn't you vote for him? Why did you drop it as soon as you received even the lightest pushback?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I thought the ecco gambit was killing lurkers

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
It means voting lovely players first :drum:

And then lurkers.

I guess what I am saying is you're a bad player and person and you should consider re-banning yourself.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I can't take you seriously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

EccoRaven posted:

It means voting lovely players first :drum:

And then lurkers.

I guess what I am saying is you're a bad player and person and you should consider re-banning yourself.
##stab ecco

• Locked thread