Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

QuoProQuid posted:

Assuming Ecco is telling the truth about his/her flip:

- LUTR looks very good. A scum player wouldn't be that combative with their ally on D1 (1), (2);
- Also liking Gridlocked a wee bit more, as there would be no reason to shoot down a defense of your partner (3);
- Liking merk quite a bit less due to Ecco's dismissal of the case against him as "a dumb thing" (4);
- Kill all players trying to perpetuate the joke phase.

This post assumes that in a game where town have to rely 100% on day play to catch the Mafia, the Mafia themselves would play the game absolutely straight, only throw shade on townies and only defend their scumbuddies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

im glad that we are perpetuating the joke phase for another few hours. its a good thing we can afford that luxury with all the cool and in-depth posts that have been made with the deadline approaching

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Lol

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

QuoProQuid posted:

im glad that we are perpetuating the joke phase for another few hours. its a good thing we can afford that luxury with all the cool and in-depth posts that have been made with the deadline approaching

the deadline is over 24 hours away chill

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

QuoProQuid posted:

All these in-depth posts like "Ecco said LUTR was sucmmy so she's town, but Ecco said the case on merk was bad so he's scum."

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

The Ninth Layer posted:

This post assumes that in a game where town have to rely 100% on day play to catch the Mafia, the Mafia themselves would play the game absolutely straight, only throw shade on townies and only defend their scumbuddies.

I'm of the unpopular opinion that scum, regardless of set-up, want to avoid drawing attention to themselves and their brethren at all costs because it makes the game much more difficult to win. I don't see any reason to believe that Ecco was trying any gambit here.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

QuoProQuid posted:

I'm of the unpopular opinion that scum, regardless of set-up, want to avoid drawing attention to themselves and their brethren at all costs because it makes the game much more difficult to win. I don't see any reason to believe that Ecco was trying any gambit here.

With this view of the game you should be voting lurkers. Every time scum posts they are drawing attention to themselves.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

What "gambit" would you even need to call your scumbuddy scummy? Or for that matter to call a case against a townie bad? These are pretty easy things to do if you are scum, arguably easier than casing townies and defending your buddies.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

The Ninth Layer posted:

All these in-depth posts like "Ecco said LUTR was sucmmy so she's town, but Ecco said the case on merk was bad so he's scum."

look man, i couldnt do another twelve hours of joke posting and thought the town needed an injection of the bleeding obvious to move it forward which seems to be working, so yay

my posts might not have been exceptional, but i prefer weak casing to shitposting

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

The Ninth Layer posted:

With this view of the game you should be voting lurkers. Every time scum posts they are drawing attention to themselves.

I'd support this more than I wouldn't, tbh.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Ninth, let's put aside our differences and waste this motherfucker in the name of better play. Merk, it's no longer Day 1, you cool.

##vote QuoProQuid

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
im posting

clearly not scum

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

The Ninth Layer posted:

What "gambit" would you even need to call your scumbuddy scummy? Or for that matter to call a case against a townie bad? These are pretty easy things to do if you are scum, arguably easier than casing townies and defending your buddies.

I just don't see any reason why Ecco would have suddenly turned on her teammates less than twenty-four hours into a game. I can understand calling out a case against a townie to gain some cred, but I really, truly doubt that he and LUTR would have gone at it with one another if they were both scum.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
i posted twice in a row a couple times

writing my own 'not scum' resume

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
posts of professional experience: a lot

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

QuoProQuid posted:

I just don't see any reason why Ecco would have suddenly turned on her teammates less than twenty-four hours into a game. I can understand calling out a case against a townie to gain some cred, but I really, truly doubt that he and LUTR would have gone at it with one another if they were both scum.

Your mistake is in assuming two things:

A: Scum play rationally at all times.

B: People who play Mafia games aren't fundamentally broken people who have no concept of "rational".

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

QuoProQuid posted:

You may be very well right... because you already know that Ecco did not turn on his teammates less than twenty-four hours into the game.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

cool.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

QuoProQuid posted:

I wish I could vote you a second time for this post. Why would scum put shade on their scumbuddies??? So that people would make posts like the one you made. I shouldn't have to explain that to you.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
cool.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
gulag this is fun

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i don't even know what mutant tea is

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

The Ninth Layer posted:

I wish I could vote you a second time for this post. Why would scum put shade on their scumbuddies??? So that people would make posts like the one you made. I shouldn't have to explain that to you.

im dum

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

GulagDolls posted:

i don't even know what mutant tea is

It's tea for communists.

Because proper tea is theft.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

And the truth comes out.

Vote yourself, please.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Just reset votes if you voted since eccos murder you have to revote sorry, or in TNLs case you're in luck you get to vote again. Also ignore that vote finder says Ecco is alive, he's dead but votefinder doesn't really like mobile usage.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

##vote QPQ

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote qpq

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote mutineer

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
You guys had an exciting morning.

##vote merk

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Met posted:

Ecco hasn't voted me based on pre-game prejudice yet. Merk has and I find that to be scummy.

EccoRaven posted:

How do you know if you haven't read my posts? :smuggo:

but yeah ##vote met gonna leave this here for a while.

Hey, so, why didn't your vote ever move to Ecco?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
(you know, the flipped scum who voted for you in the exact same way i did that you only somehow found scummy when i did it)

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
((the vote you didn't even comment on))

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
(((the one made by the flipped scum)))

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
((((##vote Met))))

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I love your argument there.

"Ecco did exactly what I did and ended up scum. Why are you voting for me?"

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Met posted:

I love your argument there.

"Ecco did exactly what I did and ended up scum. Why are you voting for me?"

The question is: Why didn't you vote or even comment on a flipped scum who voted you in the exact same way that I did, especially when you even called him out in your vote on me?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Why when I voted you was it scummy enough to vote whereas when Ecco voted you in the exact same way it was ignored?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
These are loaded questions. I already am voting the answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
*opens up scum doc*

""Hey anyone around? Can you shoot merk?"

• Locked thread