Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Long as I can fly a pterodactyl and swoop in and kill pubbies they have my 25 bucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!

queeb posted:

Long as I can fly a pterodactyl and swoop in and kill pubbies they have my 25 bucks.

You can pick up enemies with the pterodactyl, so you can pick up a pubbie and drop him from 1000 feet or something.

e: also pubbie prisons and slave labor

Spaseman
Aug 26, 2007

I'm a Securitron
RobCo security model 2060-B.
If you ever see any of my brothers tell them Victor says howdy.
Fallen Rib
Stream has started:

http://www.twitch.tv/reverbgames

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Looks pretty rough so far, might need a few months to cook before purchase. Streamer is getting probably sub 20 fps on a 770.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
DODOS WIN

YOU LOSE

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Strotski posted:

This Early Access game is at least backed by (allegedly) 40 developers working on it, and promises of console releases along with PC version, and other things that may potentially guarantee a decent game

Haha who am I kidding it'll probably suck in some way

I am going to take the plunge when it's in EA depending on how expensive it is. I will risk it. I :krakken: dinosaurs.

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

lmao that guy got sucker punched

lol him and a black guy punching dinosaurs naked on a beach and then they die, this stream is hilarious.

dominoeffect fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jun 1, 2015

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Early Access Survival Game should throw up more red flags than Moscow in 1982 by this point.

Him getting owned repeatedly is funny though.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Worst stream I've watched ever. god this guy is terrible

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Pretty funny when he's not staring into a black screen because he hasnt yet figured out how to use torches or place campfires

Spaseman
Aug 26, 2007

I'm a Securitron
RobCo security model 2060-B.
If you ever see any of my brothers tell them Victor says howdy.
Fallen Rib
I had to stop watching. This is such a bad way to introduce people to your game. For the last five minutes the screen has been pure black while this guy whines about flint.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Spaseman posted:

I had to stop watching. This is such a bad way to introduce people to your game. For the last five minutes the screen has been pure black while this guy whines about flint.

Why a dev or someone isnt showing it I dont know.

Strotski
Dec 29, 2013

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I am going to take the plunge when it's in EA depending on how expensive it is. I will risk it. I :krakken: dinosaurs.
25 USD, it's in OP

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

Spaseman posted:

I got the opposite impression. This is going to be everyone's experience the first time they play this game.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

:stare:

E: It looks better on higher settings, but apparently this dude is getting <10 FPS with a 970, so realistically speaking, it's going to look like poo poo if you want to play it.

LuciferMorningstar fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jun 1, 2015

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

LuciferMorningstar posted:

:stare:

E: It looks better on higher settings, but apparently this dude is getting <10 FPS with a 970, so realistically speaking, it's going to look like poo poo if you want to play it.

Main streamer is using a 770 I think.

here's a guy playing at 60fps, on super low though:
http://www.twitch.tv/zoldanwuth

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

He's on a 770, also that screen has brightness turned up from nighttime that he forgot to lower once day broke.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
Yeah, I misspoke. That guy was on a 770, this Lirik dude is apparently on a Titan and is trying to figure out workable settings.

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Wow, performance seems really terrible. I'll probably have to run at low settings with my 660 ti. Hopefully that'll improve over time.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Man what a terrible feeling where people complain about a 770 giving lovely performance on a UE4 game.

Also lol at PsiSyndicate bitching how no name scrub streamers have their alpha codes and god tier streamers like himself do not.

Givin fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jun 1, 2015

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Lirik is a good stream right now it looks like. He seems decent.

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

queeb posted:

Lirik is a good stream right now it looks like. He seems decent.

yea, so much better than reverb. also character creation is funny

edit: "i was told they were going to update this game every 24 hours" - said every modern successful MMO

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

dominoeffect posted:

yea, so much better than reverb. also character creation is funny

It's appalling, but it's also hysterical.

Strotski
Dec 29, 2013

Someone post some info about the actual game when you see some, none of the streamers are any good at it or doing anything in it other than dying (what a shocker!) :ironicat:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Everything streamers have shown thus far

• Character creation
  • Talking to each other
  • Killing each other
  • Opening inventory
  • Joining a group
  • Punching things
  • Grabbing things
  • Unlocking recipes
  • Building a pickaxe
  • Running around
  • Dying in hilarious ways

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
This is like watching human civilization evolve. Everyone around Lirik just figured out they have a better chance of survival by banding together. They also just discovered how to find flint so fire is soon to follow.

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

• Dinosaurs (some?) follow you through water
  • dodos band together and attack you if you attack another

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Oh my god on liriks stream this game looks amazing now.

Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

You can kill someone and then harvest raw meat from their corpse. :allears:

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
--The big green things are the obelisks where you can transfer items between official servers.
--At launch they plan on having over 750 spawn points all around the island and not just around the beach.
--Tame dinosaurs by beating the poo poo out of them until they fall unconscious, then nurse them back to health by feeding them and spending time with them.

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Streamers insufferable, as usual.

Game looks good though.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Jesus I'm going to waste another :20bux: on another survival game aren't I?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Three ~Lv2 characters just killed a LV16 raptor

Looks like we don't have to worry about huge health pools

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Hell yeah bro! :20bux::respek::20bux:

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Smoremaster posted:

Hell yeah bro! :20bux::respek::20bux:

gently caress, count me in too, liriks stream sold the game for me.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009
Fuuuuuuuck. I thought I was free of terrible survival games but now this poo poo comes along.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
The heavy breathing the instant you start sprinting needs changed. Its more annoying that it needs to be.

Raioner
Mar 28, 2006

Wow this game looks amazing.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Well, Lirik is now riding a dinosaur, so that's a thing. You can also apparently name your tamed dinosaurs. If nothing else, this will be a glorious clusterfuck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006

Smoremaster posted:

Streamers insufferable, as usual.

Game looks good though.

Some of these guys really are dense as gently caress. Like Lirik not connecting the dots that when you run it makes your water drain faster. Hes constantly collecting poo poo but not upgrading his character to create anything new. I can't believe this dude makes 6 figures a year. I've been cycling through the various streams and people are just making GBS threads in their hands and throwing it at people while not bothering to explore anything about the game. I've heard you can ride the flying dinos which sounds cool. I haven't seen any of the larger varieties yet.