Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

zoux posted:

I'd have assumed it was a fan poster, but Bendis was the one that posted it.

I dunno... I've seen plenty of fan posters posted by Official-type Twitters and Facebooks. Usually, they'll mention that it's fan-made, but sometimes they don't. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

nelson posted:

If they find someone enthusiastic enough they can get great quality for low pay.

And probably sometimes some executives get lucky or even have a clue of what they're doing and pass down a vision that isn't poo on a stick that is also made of poo.

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster
Just finished binging through this on Netflix (I'm late, I know) and I've got to say that I was thrilled to see a HAES character like Fisk portrayed as mentally & physically capable.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

zoux posted:

Bendis posted this on tumblr yesterday. I don't remember Kristen Ritter looking so...weird.

I want to make some kind of Lexx protoblood joke here for some reason.

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

We are all sinners in the eyes of these popsicle sticks.
I'm not a super huge fan of Netflix's, "Never tell you anything until the show actually comes out" policy. They put out the HoC trailer like three days before the show aired.

On the other hand it is refreshing. But it would be nice to know if the Defenders is going to happen before season 2 of Daredevil, and if he's going to be in it.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

dj_clawson posted:

I'm not a super huge fan of Netflix's, "Never tell you anything until the show actually comes out" policy. They put out the HoC trailer like three days before the show aired.

On the other hand it is refreshing. But it would be nice to know if the Defenders is going to happen before season 2 of Daredevil, and if he's going to be in it.

Isn't the premise of Defenders that Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist all team up? So I'm assuming that he will be in it, and that it will be before DD season 2.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
DD season 2 can happen before Defenders, though, there's no reason why it can't.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I feel alone in not giving a gently caress about Iron Fist, Jessica Jones, or Luke Cage. Just make more Daredevil.

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

Mu Zeta posted:

I feel alone in not giving a gently caress about Iron Fist, Jessica Jones, or Luke Cage. Just make more Daredevil.

I do feel that way, but I will end up watching them (or at least their first episodes) to look for easter eggs. I actually had never heard of ANY of these characters before this thread.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Snak posted:

Isn't the premise of Defenders that Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist all team up? So I'm assuming that he will be in it, and that it will be before DD season 2.

Unless Defenders happens next year, Season 2 will take place before it.

The current timeline is:

Daredevil (S1), A.K.A. Jessica Jones: 2015
Luke Cage, Daredevil (S2): 2016
Iron Fist, The Defenders: ???

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Mu Zeta posted:

Iron Fist was the one I was most excited about. Followed by Luke Cage. Now that I've seen Daredevil, I'm really excited for them.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Mu Zeta posted:

Anyone who doesn't give a gently caress about Luke Cage is not to be trusted.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Gyges posted:

Well, it is kind of hard to, with who they cast as Luke...

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Not being a comic book guy, I don't know poo poo about any of those other people, so I'm not excited for them or anything. I'll watch 'em and see. I only knew Daredevil because of 90s cartoons.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Lycus posted:

Not being a comic book guy, I don't know poo poo about any of those other people, so I'm not excited for them or anything. I'll watch 'em and see. I only knew Daredevil because of 90s cartoons.

Iron Fist learned kung fu and beat a dragon to death with his bare hands so he could put his fists into the dragon's magic heart. Now he has magic fists.

Luke Cage was got stiffed $200 by Dr. Doom, so he invaded Latvaria and beat the poo poo out of Doom in an effort to get his money, honey. Also his phrase of choice to show exasperation used to be "Sweet Christmas".

Jessica Jones has some Avengers auxillary level powers but quit to be a P.I. because some really hosed up poo poo happened to her. Later on she and Luke Cage got married and I think they have a baby girl. I actually don't know very much about Jessica Jones.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Gyges posted:

Jessica Jones has some Avengers auxillary level powers but quit to be a P.I. because some really hosed up poo poo happened to her. Later on she and Luke Cage got married and I think they have a baby girl. I actually don't know very much about Jessica Jones.

Pretty much 100% accurate though.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

You forgot that Squirrel Girl is their babysitter.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

Mu Zeta posted:

the alias comics own

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

NutritiousSnack posted:

Pretty much 100% accurate though.

Except for the potential misunderstanding that jessica jones was actually on a avengers comic or something. I'm almost positive the whole story about her and the avengers was created along with the character and the alias comic.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Mu Zeta posted:

I felt like that before I watched Daredevil. Having seen the action in Daredevil, I now think that Iron Fist will be loving awesome. Iron Fist is basically Mortal Kombat, so how can you not love that?

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Gyges posted:

Unbreakable
That's his skin
Sweet Christmas!
It's a miracle
Unbreakable
That's his skin
Sweet Christmas!
And also he's strong as hell

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

Snak posted:

I felt like that before I watched Daredevil. Having seen the action in Daredevil, I now think that Iron Fist will be loving awesome. Iron Fist is basically Mortal Kombat, so how can you not love that?

Especially if the Crane Mother shows up and kicks his rear end. I want to see more of her. At first I was against the ninja plotline in Daredevil for being too silly but then I read up on the Hand and the Chaste and Kunlun and now I want more of all of it.

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

Gyges posted:

Also his phrase of choice to show exasperation used to be "Sweet Christmas".

Wait does he no longer say Sweet Christmas?

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Your way works too posted:

Wait does he no longer say Sweet Christmas?

War on Christmas. Now it's Sweet Sparkle Day.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
"Sweet Krampusnacht" really should have tipped them off that he was a Skrull.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Narciss posted:

Just finished binging through this on Netflix (I'm late, I know) and I've got to say that I was thrilled to see a HAES character like Fisk portrayed as mentally & physically capable.

Same.

I'm also pleased with how they treated Gladiator, but not sure how I feel about Owlsley's treatment. So far...

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Red posted:

Same.

I'm also pleased with how they treated Gladiator, but not sure how I feel about Owlsley's treatment. So far...

His son is the True Owlsley.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Red posted:

Same.

Owlsley was the best character in the series though

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I'm half way through a re-watch of this and it's begun to dawn on me that a Moon Knight Netflix series done in a similar style could kick some rear end.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

AnonSpore posted:

Owlsley was the best character in the series though

Look, I just want a wizened old man with owl-eye implants, green suits, and huge claws, and for him to be a mob boss.

I'll pass on the rat-eating.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Now this is a fan poster but it's about a billion times better.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

It's about as bad as the first one actually. Just more stylishly bad.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Red posted:

Look, I just want a wizened old man with owl-eye implants, green suits, and huge claws, and for him to be a mob boss.

Leland did seem old enough that junior could already be a grandpa.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

program666 posted:

Except for the potential misunderstanding that jessica jones was actually on a avengers comic or something. I'm almost positive the whole story about her and the avengers was created along with the character and the alias comic.

It was.

Also Jessica Jones got her super powers from masturbating.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Jedit posted:

It was.

Also Jessica Jones got her super powers from masturbating.

No not at all. I am pretty sure it involved the same truck that blinded matt and created the teenage mutant ninja turtles.

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

Red posted:

The wizened old man who, let's remember, took out Daredevil with one hit and was WAY better at running a criminal empire than Fisk.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

bobkatt013 posted:

No not at all. I am pretty sure it involved the same truck that blinded matt and created the teenage mutant ninja turtles.

Yes, but the only reason her dad crashed into the truck is because she was fighting with her kid brother because he took the piss out of her for jilling off over a picture of Flash Thompson. Also you're a giant loving sperglord with no sense of fun, though that should come as no surprise to anyone who has read this far in the thread.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Jedit posted:

Yes, but the only reason her dad crashed into the truck is because she was fighting with her kid brother because he took the piss out of her for jilling off over a picture of Flash Thompson. Also you're a giant loving sperglord with no sense of fun, though that should come as no surprise to anyone who has read this far in the thread.

Oh I thought you were just talking about this part of the comic

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

This character seems really... loaded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

Human Torch: "Why are all the women who are into me pyromaniacs?"
The Thing: "Dude, we ALL know why."