Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

Fargin Icehole posted:

I'd like to know this information so i can say gently caress the man 6 years ago, and get content only one goddamn console got.

I think it'd technically be :filez: since you have to download files that were originally from a different version of the game in order to get it to work. It's pretty easy to look up how to do it though, and you can also get the DLC maps that never came to PC that way too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

SonicRulez posted:

I just threw up. I don't want to look at the list, but I do want to find and kill whoever is responsible for that one. Jesus Christ. Maybe it means across the game and not all in one go.

I really have no excitement to play with the Batmobile. It just seems like it'll take away from the whole "running across rooftops" thing that I really enjoy about Batman. Hopefully I'm wrong though. That Ivy segment looked short enough to not be too painful.

You'd have to have something like a 300x combo in order to do that in one fight. The odds of it requiring you to do it all in one go are pretty goddamn slim, and it would require a scenario with endless waves of enemies. I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but it feels unlikely.

Anyway, if you don't want to use the Batmobile to get around the city, you probably won't have to. There's obviously certain things that require the Batmobile but if you're just trying to get from point A to point B, I don't think the game will punish you for hoofing it. If nothing else, if there is stuff in your way you need the Batmobile to deal with, you could make your own way to that point, summon the Batmobile, handle the issue, then hop out and go on your merry way.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Didn't Arkham City have Catwoman DLC which required you to buy the game new? And then there was a Robin DLC too, if I recall - or maybe that was a gamestop exclusive or something.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Narcissus1916 posted:

Didn't Arkham City have Catwoman DLC which required you to buy the game new? And then there was a Robin DLC too, if I recall - or maybe that was a gamestop exclusive or something.

You could later buy the Catwoman DLC separately.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

TechnoSyndrome posted:

If you have the PC version there are mods to put the Joker back in. He's also in the Mac version, because I assume whatever contract they signed with Sony just said "This content cannot ever appear on Microsoft platforms."

Also, haven't there been rumours of an Asylum/City next-gen collection? I wouldn't be shocked, and it would almost certainly have the Joker maps.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

The Joe Man posted:

GMG isn't that hard to get refunds for on pre-orders. Just buy the whole premium bundle with the 40% code and contact them on getting a refund for the original vanilla copy. You'll have it within a week. I did the same thing with PoE when they offered the Royal Edition later on.

Just in case anyone else tries to do this. This doesn't include Paypal purchases through them after 60 days. You only get credit instead, which, as per GMG's asinine policies, isn't compatible with any of their discounts.

So it looks like i'll have a standard version of the game to sell in a few weeks once the price rebounds :/ Does anyone know if the steam codes are region free?

Kin fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Jun 1, 2015

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuIsrODvddQ

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Trojan Kaiju posted:

You could later buy the Catwoman DLC separately.

Yeah, though GameStop had a deal with WBIE so you would get a Catwoman code orinted on your receipt when you bought the game used (they had a similar thing for the online pass for MK9).

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Im picking up arkham knight through gamestop, and I just realized that when I boot up the game I guess I'll have to choose between the main game, the harley quinn dlc, or the red hood dlc. Jaysus.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Its weird how quickly this series went from a little Batman metroidvania romp to a GTA-sized city sandbox with at least seven playable characters.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Red Hood looks amazing

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

We finally get to kill in a Batman game and it's loving locked behind DLC :lol:

I hope Gamestop goes out of business soon.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Are those Black Mask goons?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Scyantific posted:

You got to kill in a Batman game with the Joker DLC in Arkham Asylum. Like he straight-up shot people in the head.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Scyantific posted:

For what is worth, this Eurogamer article from last year claims it will be available shortly after release for everyone

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Did Asylum and City have these odd real life commercials too or is this something new they're trying out? I'm not sure I like it. It was worth it for the 2 seconds of gameplay though. I'm interested to see what the story is and how having guns is going to play. No love for the Zip Kick. Robin is already in the game and there's a large chance he has it. I get that these guys share some gadgets, but it seems a little silly for Red Hood to have any use for that when he's working with actual bullets.

Ground takedown needs to be placing a boot on the crook's chest and shooting him in the head.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

For what is worth, this Eurogamer article from last year claims it will be available shortly after release for everyone

I really hope so.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

ToastyPotato posted:

I really hope so.

most if not all the preorder stuff from City or Origins was eventually released for everyone. it would be silly to create a whole character and set of missions that only a subsection of people could keep forever (Joker AAsylum content nonwithstanding if you can even call it content, same probably with that lame-looking Nightmare Mission here)

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
HD version of the Red Hood trailer

:allears:

EDIT: Goddamn, the amount of preorder bonus/retailer exclusive content for this game is insane :stare:

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jun 1, 2015

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

EDIT: Goddamn, the amount of preorder bonus/retailer exclusive content for this game is insane :stare:

That grapple hook flying kick is hilarious because it says "gently caress YOU PHYSICS" a bit harder than most things in these games do.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ToastyPotato posted:

That grapple hook flying kick is hilarious because it says "gently caress YOU PHYSICS" a bit harder than most things in these games do.

It's just the Zip Kick from City, isn't it?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

Probably, I haven't played City for a long time.

It just looks hilarious to me and make me laugh at the absurdity every time I see it.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

Looks like it.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Those look like false facers aka black masks dudes.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Scyantific posted:

He could be shooting to disable, not kill! Right? :smith:

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Was going to be getting it on Steam anyway, but this cements it. Hopefully when you glide with the Batman Beyond skin equipped it still has a cape appear out of nowhere in a way that looks completely ridiculous.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Not really? The only thing on that list that matters is the Red Hood pack and the skins (and I don't think the skins even matter myself). Everything else is just random store credit, a loving steel book, some lovely PS4 theme and unlocking some abilities early (and gently caress that noise).

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Are those Black Mask goons?

Yeah pretty sure those are Black Mask goons. He is a major crime boss so it would make sense he is in the game.

Added on Red Hood and Black Mask were arch enemies for a while, so those two opposing each other makes sense. (Black Mask even figuring out that Red Hood used to be one of Batman's Robins or something like that.)

I will say this. In the Under the Hood comic storyline and movie. Black Mask is by far the most entertaining character in it.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Hopefully Sionis gets a decent portrayal this time!

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

It is, but it looked less weird with Robin because while I don't recall if he was actually smaller, he at least looked smaller than most enemies. Red Hood is clearly bigger than the thug he's zip kicking.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I don't know if this has any impact on the DLC but people over the net has having a fit over this disclaimer on the Red Hood ad:

Next to the ESRB rating there's a "BATMAN: ARKHAM ORIGINS Software 2015"

Personally I think is a mix up or something but well, is amusing that people are getting mad over that

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
Don't let the pre-order crap get to you. The GOTY will got for 20-30 bucks in 1-1.5 years at the rate game prices are going down now.

And keep in mind how much of a let down the harley dlc was for arkham city.

If it was something worth keeping in for anything more then a hardcore fan theyd have tossed it in.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Harley and Red Hood will probably release some time later after release but won't be part of the season pass kind of deal-io, for people who really need to collect everything or give people some peace of mind that when a GOTY version comes, it'll have it.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Frankly if any of the DLCs are like the Catwoman DLC from City, you'd probably prefer to get the game without them. The Catwoman DLC was incorporated into the story and unskippable depending on the version of the game. It was also loving annoying and I haven't replayed Arkham City in awhile just because I don't want to play as Catwoman.

G-Prime
Apr 30, 2003

Baby, when it's love,
if it's not rough it isn't fun.

CuwiKhons posted:

Frankly if any of the DLCs are like the Catwoman DLC from City, you'd probably prefer to get the game without them. The Catwoman DLC was incorporated into the story and unskippable depending on the version of the game. It was also loving annoying and I haven't replayed Arkham City in awhile just because I don't want to play as Catwoman.

I'm going to have to disagree with you. I felt like it flowed nicely with the rest of the story going on in that game, and Catwoman was a blast to play. She was different enough that it provided a neat experience, and didn't feel weaker than Batman himself just by virtue of having other tools at her disposal.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Yeah, if anything, I wished there was more Catwoman gameplay. Give her some cool thief tools of her own to unlock new areas, more than just a paltry handful of gadgets.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer
The only thing that really annoyed me about Catwoman is that her health bar is separate from the other playable characters, and it's smaller. I hope they've changed that in Arkham Knight.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Medium Cool posted:

The only thing that really annoyed me about Catwoman is that her health bar is separate from the other playable characters, and it's smaller. I hope they've changed that in Arkham Knight.

I think it's okay for her health bar to be shorter in exchange for her being faster and having other benefits. It's an understandable balancing factor.

(I admit that I almost never got hit so it didn't matter much to me either way so YMMV.)

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

MonsterEnvy posted:

Yeah pretty sure those are Black Mask goons. He is a major crime boss so it would make sense he is in the game.

Added on Red Hood and Black Mask were arch enemies for a while, so those two opposing each other makes sense. (Black Mask even figuring out that Red Hood used to be one of Batman's Robins or something like that.)

I will say this. In the Under the Hood comic storyline and movie. Black Mask is by far the most entertaining character in it.

If the DLCC is an adaptation of Under the Red Hood, it would be pretty ballsy to face Batman at the end as a boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

G-Prime posted:

I'm going to have to disagree with you. I felt like it flowed nicely with the rest of the story going on in that game, and Catwoman was a blast to play. She was different enough that it provided a neat experience, and didn't feel weaker than Batman himself just by virtue of having other tools at her disposal.

I agree that it flowed well fairly well (except for the amount of time between the Ivy mission and the next one), I just don't agree that it was fun to play. But I've never enjoyed playing as light and fast characters as opposed to slower and stronger ones.

• Locked thread