Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

EccoRaven posted:

lol quandary make us scumbuddies I dare you

I'd buy it, merk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Did you see ecco in TNG Mafia, merk? He didn't make rational votes/cases when he was confirmed Town. You were much the same and turned out to be scum.

and here you are again.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

Met posted:

I love your argument there.

"Ecco did exactly what I did and ended up scum. Why are you voting for me?"

merk posted:

The question is: Why didn't you vote or even comment on a flipped scum who voted you in the exact same way that I did, especially when you even called him out in your vote on me?

##vote met

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Met posted:

Did you see ecco in TNG Mafia, merk? He didn't make rational votes/cases when he was confirmed Town. You were much the same and turned out to be scum.

and here you are again.

lol WHAT

WHAT IS THIS

HGAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

goodbye

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I AM LAUGHING HARD ENOUGH THAT I HAD TO SHUT MY OFFICE DOOR

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

merk, take a breather.

:munch:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
##stab merk

Shoo, Fly, don't bother me.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

BAD STAB VERY BAD STAB

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Uh oh! Some very minor suspicion against me! Better just kill the dude...?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Bit unreasonable if you ask me

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Met couldn't even handle an hour's worth of merk voting him. Wow.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
:ghost: Should I post my flip since Quandary is AFK?

edit: no, going to wait for Quandary.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

The Ninth Layer posted:

Met couldn't even handle an hour's worth of merk voting him. Wow.

merk is like a powerful dbz villain

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

I'm heading to class, see y'all around 10

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Stop loving stabbing people d1 while im at work.

merk, townie, has been stabbed day 2. deadline will be Wednesday at 11 pm est

Quandary fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jun 6, 2015

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

##vote QPQ

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I don't know if Met killing merk necessarily makes him scum but it puts him pretty high up there. What a bad kill.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

##vote QuoProQuid

Back to business as usual.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

##vote qpq time for you to walk the plank. and then also jump off of it.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Go to sleep, wake up, 200 posts. Jeeeeeesus.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Why are yet voting QPQ and not met?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Opopanax posted:

Why are yet voting QPQ and not met?

I won't even understand why people are voting QPQ beyond maybe Merk told them to?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

GulagDolls posted:

BAD STAB VERY BAD STAB

Actually you know I agree with this, stabbing a guy just because you are having a poo poo slinging fight is stupid and a waste of a good stab.

##vote met

Also just noticed:

GulagDolls posted:

##vote qpq time for you to walk the plank. and then also jump off of it.

Why aren't you voting for met? Is there something in the mess of posts and interpersonal arguments I don't understand that I missed about QPQ.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I have a bad memory and didn't bother to read up and assumed people were voting qpq because he did the stab :nignog:

##vote met

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?

Gridlocked posted:

Go to sleep, wake up, 200 posts. Jeeeeeesus.

No kidding. So much slap fighting by and around ecco. Stuff other people actually have to read, in detail when they can access their computer. Glad he's dead. Even more so since he was scum.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

GulagDolls posted:

I have a bad memory and didn't bother to read up and assumed people were voting qpq because he did the stab :nignog:

##vote met

same

##vote met

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?
Gonna hold off voting until I can go through it in detail, since there's so much time left. Does seem like a bad kill though.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
It didn't take long for things to get interesting; in truth, most of the crew were doing little more than nervously eyeing those around them or throwing petty insults at the people they didn't like, when a crowd broke out at one end of the ship. A few of the crew had begun to throw accusations at EccoRaven, insisting he was one of the mutineers and that he was working with the pirates. Even his attackers were surprised, however, when Pinterest Mom casually strolled to the front of the crowd, removed a dagger he had concealed in his vest, and stabbed EccoRaven through the heart.

A dagger in the heart is generally fatal, and it certainly was for EccoRaven. He grimaced, let out a single whimper, and then he slumped over dead. The town was immediately horrified at the attack, until one of them searched the pockets of EccoRaven's pants. He had two solid gold coins - none of the sailors had ever had, or even seen, near that much money, or they wouldn't be on this crew. It was clear that the pirates must have paid EccoRaven, and he was one of the enemies. Voicing their pleasure at the immediate success, the crew pushed EccoRaven over the side to the sharks.

EccoRaven, Mutineer, was murdered Day 1

Before the town could ever stop to think, they heard another scream from the other side of the ship. Looking over, they could see Met standing over Merk. A closer look showed a dagger through Merk's chest, with Met the clear giftgiver. The town, emboldened by the murder of EccoRaven, quickly searched Merk, but found nothing out of the ordinary. The only thing he carried was an adorable photo of his baby girl, now fatherless and likely to be destitute. What a sad day.

Merk, Sailor, was murdered Day 2

With two people already murdered, the crew was subdued and a litle terrified at the ability they had seen amongst themselves for killing. It would be a few days before anyone had the stomach to chose a victim from amonsgt themselves.

The deadline for Day 3 has been moved to Wednesday, June 3rd, at 11PM EST

Quandary fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jun 6, 2015

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I will adopt the merk child

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Quandary posted:

EccoRaven, Mutineer, was murdered Day 1

Before the town ship could ever stop to think, they heard another scream from the other side of the ship. Looking over, they could see Met standing over Merk. A closer look showed a dagger through Merk's chest, with Met the clear giftgiver. The town, emboldened by the murder of EccoRaven, quickly searched Merk, but found nothing out of the ordinary. The only thing he carried was an adorable photo of his baby girl, now fatherless and likely to be destitute. What a sad day.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

The case against me is that I provided a series of observations about Ecco's lynch that appeared both shallow and obvious. The implication from merk (1) was that I was trying to exploit this death by making content that only seemed meaningful. Scum obviously aren't committed to scumhunting so shallow casing is a good tool to seem townie without providing anything that actually helps the town.

As for myself, I don't have much of a defense except that I was frustrated with the joke phase seemingly stretching out infinitely and wanted to post anything that would get the game moving. I was struggling getting serious reads on any of the last five pages taken together, so the next logical step was to look weed Ecco's posts for any weak content that might be relevant. I still stand by the idea that Ecco probably didn't attack her teammates less than twenty-four hours into the game. Yes, busing occurs, but it usually only does so for a reason and I don't see any reason why Ecco would resort to such a tactic that quickly. This is the last I will say to defend myself. Please refer to this post for future reference.

Taking a look at Met, his kill is dumb but it doesn't look like it is outright scummy. There seems to be a logical escalation from his original vote (2) to hardening his position (3) to aggressively pursuing merk based on previous meta (3), (4). Nothing about his reads ping as "untrue" to me. I also have a ~~gut~~ sense that scum would be a little more careful about using their vigs instead of blowing it D1 on someone whose death would immediately put suspicion on them. It seems far from ideal play (not to say that people are ideal players, but that they usually do things rationally).

I would like met to clarify his thinking in deciding to kill merk and why he decided to kill him on D1.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

Ninth, let's put aside our differences and waste this motherfucker in the name of better play. Merk, it's no longer Day 1, you cool.

##vote QuoProQuid

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

##vote QuoProQuid

Back to business as usual.

Also not liking these posts. The first is a transparent bandwagon and buddying. The second is really odd in its lack of reaction to the vig. MCS is the only player to post after the flip that doesn't react to merk dying. Even if you don't think Met is necessarily suspicious, I would at least expect it to give a town player pause. Instead, MCS is unfazed. It's odd behavior.

##vote: MCS

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

GulagDolls posted:

BAD STAB VERY BAD STAB

Yes, it turned out to be. From my point of view, I need to go out for the day and someone is on my rear end when I have a dayvig in my pocket. I don't feel like coming back lynched and a wasted vig.

You can hang me for that if you want, but when I flip town, take out this guy:

Gridlocked posted:

This has actually made me laugh harder then anything else in the thread.

##vote Tremendous Taste

Gridlocked posted:

Actually you know I agree with this, stabbing a guy just because you are having a poo poo slinging fight is stupid and a waste of a good stab.

##vote Gridlocked

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Met posted:

Yes, it turned out to be. From my point of view, I need to go out for the day and someone is on my rear end when I have a dayvig in my pocket. I don't feel like coming back lynched and a wasted vig.

You can hang me for that if you want, but when I flip town, take out this guy:

##vote Gridlocked

Why? His posts seem almost identical to his content in the Coins of Kerm where he was newbie town.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

QuoProQuid posted:

The case against me is that I provided a series of observations about Ecco's lynch that appeared both shallow and obvious. The implication from merk (1) was that I was trying to exploit this death by making content that only seemed meaningful. Scum obviously aren't committed to scumhunting so shallow casing is a good tool to seem townie without providing anything that actually helps the town.

As for myself, I don't have much of a defense except that I was frustrated with the joke phase seemingly stretching out infinitely and wanted to post anything that would get the game moving. I was struggling getting serious reads on any of the last five pages taken together, so the next logical step was to look weed Ecco's posts for any weak content that might be relevant. I still stand by the idea that Ecco probably didn't attack her teammates less than twenty-four hours into the game. Yes, busing occurs, but it usually only does so for a reason and I don't see any reason why Ecco would resort to such a tactic that quickly. This is the last I will say to defend myself. Please refer to this post for future reference.

Taking a look at Met, his kill is dumb but it doesn't look like it is outright scummy. There seems to be a logical escalation from his original vote (2) to hardening his position (3) to aggressively pursuing merk based on previous meta (3), (4). Nothing about his reads ping as "untrue" to me. I also have a ~~gut~~ sense that scum would be a little more careful about using their vigs instead of blowing it D1 on someone whose death would immediately put suspicion on them. It seems far from ideal play (not to say that people are ideal players, but that they usually do things rationally).

I would like met to clarify his thinking in deciding to kill merk and why he decided to kill him on D1.

Are you always this stiff and unnatural-sounding?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Look Under The Rock posted:

QPQ made good arguments in Coins of Krem and I am inclined to listen to him now.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Look Under The Rock posted:

Yes. I am a literal alien and my unnatural tone gets mentioned a lot.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Day 3 Vote Count

Met (3): Gridlocked, GulagDolls, Tremendous Taste
QuoProQuid (2): The Ninth Layer, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, GulagDolls, -GulagDolls
MEDS CURE SCHIZOS (1): QuoProQuid
Gridlocked (1): Met

ETA to deadline: 2 days, 1 hour

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Also, from this point out if stuff happens during the day Merk will be posting flips, because as I learned today it is very difficult to post flips on an oil rig. Apologies for that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Gridlocked posted:

QPQ made good arguments in Coins of Krem and I am inclined to listen to him now.

Doesn't mean met is any less annoying.

• Locked thread