Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Fishstick posted:

Yeah that was fun, except when I almost instantly lost it because I was chasing after a player and I guess LSPD swat doesnt get into the boonies fast :(. Hence me shooting at a chopper to get the fun guys to come back. We shoulda done that in the city. Plus, they destroyed my Blade. Dick move.

The last thing I remember seeing after those dick pubbie snipers started camping me was a civilian car roll by with all four wheels on fire, and the driver, also on fire, bailing out.

I was mostly testing some stuff so later we can go all out on pubbies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Zigmidge posted:

Doesn't matter anymore, GTA:O has been cracked. Private servers are now a thing.

Holy poo poo, what? Got any details on this?

theguybro posted:

Yo, if you're online later on today count me in. Judging from all the recent posts in this thread, i'm missing out :v:

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Zigmidge posted:

Doesn't matter anymore, GTA:O has been cracked. Private servers are now a thing.

That might actually be fun. Other than Heists, GTA:O itself doesnt really have much to offer outside of doing silly stuff, it's clear that they wanted to do a lot of fun stuff since there are so many fleeca branches, shop vaults, and available interiors that were just either cut for time or because they wanted to shill shark cards. And I've been soured on heists by loving Prison Break.

theguybro posted:

Count me in, that also answers the message I sent you earlier :v:.

Fishstick fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jun 1, 2015

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

T1g4h posted:

Holy poo poo, what? Got any details on this?

Yo, if you're online later on today count me in. Judging from all the recent posts in this thread, i'm missing out :v:

Sounds good to me we will gently caress poo poo up

Edit: fishsticks, me and rottwangorbochoff had a tough time with prison break redid it like 100 times before making it happen. Granted we had atleast 1 retarded pubbie each time. PB has got to be the worst..

theguybro fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jun 1, 2015

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
I dunno, it's some reddit post. You need a previous version of GTA, cracked and it just enables freemode. No features, matchmaking or anything that involves transactions.

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

Zigmidge posted:

I dunno, it's some reddit post. You need a previous version of GTA, cracked and it just enables freemode. No features, matchmaking or anything that involves transactions.

Source of claim? If this is true theres a lot of potential to really gently caress them up lol if anyone ever wanted to be mean

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times
I've yet to come across a hacker that isn't a boring godmode idiot, so I might jump in later and see if I can find you guys. Hacking should increase the enjoyment, not remove it.

Oh wait, there was one guy who did burnouts that spat tazers everywhere, that was kinda funny. What I'd like to see is a mod that warps everyone on the server into a bus which then shoots into the sky, then dumps everyone outside for a 20+ player freefall/gunfight.

The news that there will soon be private servers is good news indeed, I just want a car spawner, handling.dat-like editor and location memory/warpto option. My tastes are simple, I just want a 4wd porsche that will go faster than my SSD can keep up with.

Also want a mod to make the gullwing Merc into a plane when the doors are open.

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

frankenbeans posted:

I've yet to come across a hacker that isn't a boring godmode idiot, so I might jump in later and see if I can find you guys. Hacking should increase the enjoyment, not remove it.

Oh wait, there was one guy who did burnouts that spat tazers everywhere, that was kinda funny. What I'd like to see is a mod that warps everyone on the server into a bus which then shoots into the sky, then dumps everyone outside for a 20+ player freefall/gunfight.

The news that there will soon be private servers is good news indeed, I just want a car spawner, handling.dat-like editor and location memory/warpto option. My tastes are simple, I just want a 4wd porsche that will go faster than my SSD can keep up with.

Also want a mod to make the gullwing Merc into a plane when the doors are open.

Warping players to yourself has been patched for like 2 weeks now i think and itll only work if they are in a vehicle. Also i think cockstar made it rely on draw distances too iirc

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

Daztek posted:

Wonder if a ban wave will accompany it.

Most of these have been temp bans right? Couple weeks?

A little paranoid since I stood in place and got 8 mil handed to me and then I spent almost all of it and laundered it into vehicles I already owned. If I get permabanned..eh, Arkham is out next month or so, MGSV in the fall, and I have 2 million hours left to go in Witcher 3...

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

hagie posted:

Most of these have been temp bans right? Couple weeks?

A little paranoid since I stood in place and got 8 mil handed to me and then I spent almost all of it and laundered it into vehicles I already owned. If I get permabanned..eh, Arkham is out next month or so, MGSV in the fall, and I have 2 million hours left to go in Witcher 3...

You wont get banned relax please unless you are using shithookv.dll and friends.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Paranoid is really too strong of a word for me to use in the scenario, it's just a vidjya game anyway like I was saying.

That said I need to get to 42 so I can get a buzzard, I'm right at 40 now. What's best EXP to spam?

hagie fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jun 1, 2015

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

hagie posted:

Paranoid is really too strong of a word for me to use in the scenario, it's just a vidjya game anyway like I was saying.

That said I need to get to 42 so I can get a buzzard, I'm right at 40 now. What's best EXP to spam?

Races probably or death matches that are 5 minutes long max

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

So set up heists or actual heists are more for money

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Hopefully I'll be able to do heists with goons at some point so I'm not stuck with pubbies running into gunfire when there are two armoured kurumas spewing SMG death to clear the way.

Also, can I leave my currently summoned vehicle (with tracker and insurance) anywhere on the game map and have it automatically returned to the garage after a while?

Edit: And if someone's up for win trading later on I'd be most grateful. Stupid gated mods.

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jun 1, 2015

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

CitrusFrog posted:

Also, can I leave my currently summoned vehicle (with tracker and insurance) anywhere on the game map and have it automatically returned to the garage after a while?

Even better! You can have it brought right to you as long as youre near a road. Push M and scroll down to "request vehicle delivery." otherwise it will spawn back in your garage when you load into a new session.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Kly posted:

Even better! You can have it brought right to you as long as youre near a road. Push M and scroll down to "request vehicle delivery." otherwise it will spawn back in your garage when you load into a new session.

Yeah, this is a relatively new function, and it's drat handy.
Back in our day, we had to call the drat mechanic every time, and that was when he would actually drive up with it. And then crash it, or drive off with it at the slightest provocation.

drat kids got it so easy these days.

(Killing the mechanic after he walked away from your vehicle became a ritual).

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Kly posted:

Yeah I am quite fond of the vehicle delivery. I'm just concerned about accidentally leaving my bright pearlescent pink kuruma in the middle of nowhere and having it disappear rather than return to my garage if I, for example, find a rare vehicle and want to take it home too.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

It wont disappear, depending on what you do itll either go back to your garage or stay where you left it.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Kly posted:

It wont disappear, depending on what you do itll either go back to your garage or stay where you left it.

Awesome, thanks for clearing that up.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

CitrusFrog posted:

Hopefully I'll be able to do heists with goons at some point so I'm not stuck with pubbies running into gunfire when there are two armoured kurumas spewing SMG death to clear the way.

Edit: And if someone's up for win trading later on I'd be most grateful. Stupid gated mods.

Don't play this game without being on mumble. It's dumb and bad.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

K8.0 posted:

Don't play this game without being on mumble. It's dumb and bad.

I'm one of those awful "there are other people in the room talking all the time so I'd only half-rear end hear VOIP" people. It's difficult without explicitly telling my girlfriend to be quiet and that's the kind of talk that results in me not getting laid.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
I bought a g930 headset for this game and mumble. Now I can't even hear her tell me I'm not getting laid.

*cleans dust off hands

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

:lol:

I'll probably risk it later because I'd like to actually do some heisting with goons

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Just gage what's more important here: Pussy? Or GTA Funbux and cop murder?

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Thump! posted:

GTA Funbux and cop murder?

The goonish response.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

CitrusFrog posted:

Awesome, thanks for clearing that up.

Keep in mind someone may blow it up, but if they do they pay the insurance.

Moral of the story is always have insurance on any cars you actually care about.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Do you have to reinsure every time a vehicle gets destroyed?

Steves Asleep
Jun 5, 2005

Scyron posted:

I guess I need to grind out more money now. Here I thought 40k might be good for a while. Good thing I don't work today! PS4 =scyron57

edit; dailies mean something, kind of now. :D

Thanks for helping me with my Capture: Raid daily earlier! If I'd have known you were that strapped for cash I'd have let you win :( SteveBEEPBEEP by the way.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

Steves Asleep posted:

Thanks for helping me with my Capture: Raid daily earlier! If I'd have known you were that strapped for cash I'd have let you win :( SteveBEEPBEEP by the way.

Nah it is fine, I thought it was fun for what it was. (I assumed daily)

I have like 200k now, after a few missions and a heist. Speaking of, I was looking and I still never bothered to host prison or any further along heists or complete series A, for the trophies. I'll have to try and host for the 25% cut, one for the prison break.

Scyron fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jun 1, 2015

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Dick Trauma posted:

Do you have to reinsure every time a vehicle gets destroyed?

No. It's insured for life.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Wee Bairns posted:

Yeah, this is a relatively new function, and it's drat handy.
Back in our day, we had to call the drat mechanic every time, and that was when he would actually drive up with it. And then crash it, or drive off with it at the slightest provocation.

drat kids got it so easy these days.

(Killing the mechanic after he walked away from your vehicle became a ritual).

I miss being able to shoot my mechanic for crashing my car into poo poo or otherwise being a dunce. Now it just magically teleports the car to you even if you use the Call Mechanic thing. Where's the fun in that? :(

e: Also, stopitb is a p. cool dude, despite what former posts might have you believe. Would roll with again.

T1g4h fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jun 1, 2015

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
So I have now got the ability to call Lester and get the cops to ignore me unless I attack them, does it also prevent the military base alarm from going off? I might just grab my Dodo or Blimp and parachute in to nab one of the jets next time I'm in a session with people.

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

hagie posted:

What's a favored classic?

Coquette Classics own. But also, give me a reason to trounce you scrubs with my tricked out, matte black Vapid Blade.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Yesss I'm so excited for new clothes... I don't really care about vehicles unless they're stupid and ugly (these are just gauche and ugly) but new jackets have got me hype

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

Yesss I'm so excited for new clothes... I don't really care about vehicles unless they're stupid and ugly (these are just gauche and ugly) but new jackets have got me hype

Whatevs bro, gonna drive the gently caress out of that Virgo

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
I wanna join the stopitb session too! I added you yesterday, I'm this guy http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/urfdser

I'm also down for win trading races with someone sometime, a lot. I want to unlock upgrades for all the different classes of cars.

Has anyone ever been banned for using that mod that unlocks returning players content? I really want the monster truck and dodo.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Anime_Otaku posted:

So I have now got the ability to call Lester and get the cops to ignore me unless I attack them, does it also prevent the military base alarm from going off? I might just grab my Dodo or Blimp and parachute in to nab one of the jets next time I'm in a session with people.

Yah. That's pretty much the only use for it really. Pay Lester $5000, grab a jet.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

hellfaucet posted:

Coquette Classics own.

So do Cascos. love that little farting acceleration noise it does

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
I own all the clothes released to date, but I only ever use a single outfit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

I have three suits, a skeleton costume, a 1950s gardening lady costume, a cowgirl costume, and my Not Suspicious At All heist costume

• Locked thread