Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Gridlocked posted:

Doesn't mean met is any less annoying.

Wish I saved my vig for you. That error gets worse all the time. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Met posted:

Wish I saved my vig for you. That error gets worse all the time. :(

You wasted your vig to get rid of a guy you were arguing with. I mean sure he was posting tonnes of inane posts but still.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
Sup y'all

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i feel extending the deadline a further 24 hours after the second vig may have been a mistake~

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I was sick yesterday and legitimately forgot about this game, sorry.

I have no interest in dunking Met. My gut says Gridlocked still.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Pinterest Mom posted:

i feel extending the deadline a further 24 hours after the second vig may have been a mistake~

Yeah really not sure what I'm supposed to do until then. How do we live without vote histories to scumcase?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Somber, what do you think of dscruffy1?

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Pinterest Mom posted:

meh don't worry about it, there'll be a bunch of pointless shitposting and then a last minute rush where a townie gets dunked

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##vote met could have sworn I already was

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

dscruffy1 posted:

As far as I can tell vigs are unrelated to alignment since it just says "people" raided the ship's armory and five people got blades.

That being said I do not think this is a good idea. It's not exactly IT RUINS THE SURPRISE but it's sort of it ruins the surprise? Also scum can wait until a breakpoint while never claiming vig and then just stab some mans when it's too late for us to stop it. If multiple scum have knives.

This is the only Scruffy post of note. It's probably a scum post, as his only substance is setup speculation.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Largely agreed. He's a new player (1) and I am very much getting a newbie scum vibe from his content. His latest post (2) rings as very off to me, like someone excusing themselves for not contributing. His post history is lacking in substance and awkward.

You've mentioned your suspicions of Gridlocked a few times (3). Along with him, who else would you consider a lynch candidate?

For myself, I see MCS and dscruffy1 as suspicious and potentially lynch-worthy. I don't really have scum reads on anyone else.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'm fine voting MCS without needing to reread him. I feel kinda lovely that two of my picks are newbies, but then we just killed two of the most veteran players in Mafia.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Does one of the Met voters want to explain what scum has to gain in wasting a vigkill D1 and drawing a massive amount of attention to himself? Genuine question. I'm not sold on the vote against him because I don't see much to gain unless: 1.) he knew that merk needed to be killed at any cost, or; 2.) he really wasn't thinking. The latter is hardly a scumtell and the former doesn't seem to fit his interactions with merk.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Merk fear

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

QuoProQuid posted:

Somber, what do you think of dscruffy1?

Somberbrero posted:

This is the only Scruffy post of note. It's probably a scum post, as his only substance is setup speculation.

Here I thought we were bonding :(

But seriously if you've got a real case for "scum post" I'd love to see it on day 1. My newbie pass expired so I've got to catch up.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Opopanax posted:

Merk fear

I covered that possibility, Opop!

QuoProQuid posted:

I'm not sold on the vote against him because I don't see much to gain unless: 1.) he knew that merk needed to be killed at any cost

I just don't see Met shivering in his boots so that explanation doesn't seem to make sense.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Makes the most sense to me

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

QuoProQuid posted:

I just don't see Met shivering in his boots so that explanation doesn't seem to make sense.

Met posted:

You can hang me for that if you want, but when I flip town, take out this guy:

##vote Gridlocked

addendum: and consider Opopanax.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Literal OMGUS, nice work

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Met posted:

addendum: and consider Opopanax.

why

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I love that QuoProQuid's case on me boils down to "He voted for me and I don't like it".

Somberbrero can at least lie and say it's something about me hating Mafia games or something.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Somberbrero posted:

I'm fine voting MCS without needing to reread him. I feel kinda lovely that two of my picks are newbies, but then we just killed two of the most veteran players in Mafia.

I'd be on board with this as MCS changes his win condition to "break or otherwise ruin the game" when he gets bored

How many games has Scruffy played? I agree that his contributions have been totally insubstantial but as far as I'm concerned people have a newbie pass until game 4 or 5, at least in early days.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

"Yeah you can hang me if you want."
"He's scum with merk fear."

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Look Under The Rock posted:

I'd be on board with this as MCS changes his win condition to "break or otherwise ruin the game" when he gets bored

How many games has Scruffy played? I agree that his contributions have been totally insubstantial but as far as I'm concerned people have a newbie pass until game 4 or 5, at least in early days.

It's not just insubstantial, setup speculation in lieu of real thought is scummy.

To be honest that sounds like a difficult way to play. New players get dealt scum sometimes, let them handle it.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

I love that QuoProQuid's case on me boils down to "He voted for me and I don't like it".

Somberbrero can at least lie and say it's something about me hating Mafia games or something.
Yeah, oversimplifying and reducing the issue to an OMGUS is pretty much how I expected a scum player to respond. Thank you for confirming my suspicions.

He is currently active in three games, so he has very little experience. Giving him four or five days pass is a little much when the standard is usually only D1.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Also:

Somberbrero posted:

It's not just insubstantial, setup speculation in lieu of real thought is scummy.

To be honest that sounds like a difficult way to play. New players get dealt scum sometimes, let them handle it.

I'm completely fine lynching Scruffy.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

##vote betrayer he did it

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

QuoProQuid posted:

Does one of the Met voters want to explain what scum has to gain in wasting a vigkill D1 and drawing a massive amount of attention to himself? Genuine question. I'm not sold on the vote against him because I don't see much to gain unless: 1.) he knew that merk needed to be killed at any cost, or; 2.) he really wasn't thinking. The latter is hardly a scumtell and the former doesn't seem to fit his interactions with merk.

merk is powerful, and it was basically an inevitability that this defense of met would arise. nonetheless I am not feeling him anymore

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

QuoProQuid posted:

Yeah, oversimplifying and reducing the issue to an OMGUS is pretty much how I expected a scum player to respond. Thank you for confirming my suspicions.

Considering you're also the person who says that scum wouldn't want to draw attention to themselves for any reason ever, I'm wondering if you can reconcile me loudly and repeatedly pointing out that you're a loving moron.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i'll have no rude words or personal insults on MY SHIP!!! throw him overboard

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

chill out chica

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

QuoProQuid posted:

chill out chica

You're a loving moron.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Your vote of "I don't actually care about alignment" has been noted.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

You're a loving moron.

Eventually you will need to stop repeating the same insults over and over again and start contributing to the game.

Cool down.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

QuoProQuid posted:

Eventually you will need to stop repeating the same insults over and over again and start contributing to the game.

Cool down.

You're a loving moron.

Am I suitably putting myself into the limelight enough to not be scum, or do I have to profusely apologize for putting a vote on you for your terrible ideas first?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

i seem to recall you saying something about being happy you were calmer and nicer than you used to be betrayer :(

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##vote mcs

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I think it may be betrayer. a real sailor would say "yar, ye be a loving moron. idiot. gently caress you. die.arr"

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Tremendous Taste posted:

i seem to recall you saying something about being happy you were calmer and nicer than you used to be betrayer :(

I am happy and calm. :angel:

However, I figure that prefacing any response to QuoProQuid with "You're a loving moron" is suitably visible enough to fall into his idea that scum would hate to put themselves out into the open, and I want him to attempt to reconcile his vote: Either he's clearly voting based on OMGUS, or he has some deeper secret Eleusinian Mysteries Mafia knowledge that he should share with everyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

GulagDolls posted:

I think it may be betrayer. a real sailor would say "yar, ye be a loving moron. idiot. gently caress you. die.arr"

This is a compelling point.

• Locked thread