Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

GulagDolls posted:

other comment: suck my freaking rebellious rod

jokes on you, you got what I meant which means you've wasted at least some of your life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
OK, my headspace is a bit clearer today.

I've reread the thread in my downtime and I want to voice some concern over who I think the guards and king are based upon post context and the vote history.

King might be Deadbeat Dad
I think arguments about whose trying to be authoritative in the game end up moot since it's everyone's obligation to try and piece together who is the scum, but his interactions with the player's he's found scummy is what makes me think that he might be the king.

Given that the King doesn't know who the guards are, taking that authoritative pro-town stance would be really useful.

Deadbeat Dad posted:

It just so happened the guy I thought was most suspicious got lynched and was rebel. Sucks, but entirely had a chance to sway my opinion and chose not to post.

If not a king, seemingly playing in a manner where he tries to corner players with pressure. This is noticeable on Kleedrac, Strongmouse and myself to a small degree.

A Bodyguard might be Tremendous Taste.

TT's opening lie, the lightly opinionated or opinion free votes he's put forth, distracting in thread talk.

Another Bodyguard might be BottleKnight.

The opening post by BK seemed like he was trying to establish open communication with the other bodyguard.

BottleKnight posted:

I'm gonna do some game spec since this is a small one.

6 rebels, 3 scum basically means we lose after 3 mislynches, and delay lylo one day per guard we lynch. If it's anything like other games I've read, the guards will probably try to be bombastic and be unpredictable so as to hide the king. They'll probably even vote the king. Hopefully me saying all this makes them WIFOMy.

The king is essentially in the same spot as the rebels since he knows no identities of anyone else and the guards absolutely cannot tip their cap without being found itt. Since the guards don't know who each other is, I'd be on the lookout for early votes, which may be all HEY HAHA and then vote someone who the other guard will know is the king. The king will probably find this out this way too. The guards and king figuring out who each other are is very disadvantageous for town.

Unlike assassin in the palace, where town is trying to obscure info, in this game we need to be super in-depth and really read people. No-lynches don't matter, etc. No deadline.

That's all I have.

No matter how I read this post it feels like a directed communication.

...and That's all I have.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote Deadbeat Dad

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Both of the people I have put a lot of suspicion on have voted for me.

You're way off base, I'm not sure authoritative is the right word when I vote players or question them for not actively playing the game or participating - I shouldn't have to do that if you signed up for something. If that's pressure, then yeah, I've done that. Which equates to being a king, how?

You pretty much have the opposite view that I have - there's no way I think the guards and the king are putting themselves out there that much - maybe one, sure, but it's not like I've made any "I'm authoritative and active therefore I cannot be scum !" arguments so I think your logic is faulty.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Deadbeat Dad (2): Kleedrac, Ghastly Gangsta
Kleedrac (2): CapitalistPig, Deadbeat Dad
Ghastly Gangsta (1): BottleKnight

Not Voting (3): GulagDolls, MC Eating Disorder, Tremendous Taste

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Deadbeat Dad posted:

You're way off base, I'm not sure authoritative is the right word when I vote players or question them for not actively playing the game or participating - I shouldn't have to do that if you signed up for something. If that's pressure, then yeah, I've done that. Which equates to being a king, how?

You pretty much have the opposite view that I have - there's no way I think the guards and the king are putting themselves out there that much - maybe one, sure, but it's not like I've made any "I'm authoritative and active therefore I cannot be scum !" arguments so I think your logic is faulty.

I respect your stance, but that's the impression you've left on me given your play in this game. I mean the Boog gifs are top notch, but when it comes to actually playing the game, I can't help but feel that you're only as active as you are in an attempt to mislead.

Making "an I'm authoritative and active therefore I cannot be scum!" argument would defeat the point of doing it as you've done it. I don't think you would do that, which is why I think you're among the scum. I'd find it awkwardly townie if you had.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

I respect your stance, but that's the impression you've left on me given your play in this game. I mean the Boog gifs are top notch, but when it comes to actually playing the game, I can't help but feel that you're only as active as you are in an attempt to mislead.

Making "an I'm authoritative and active therefore I cannot be scum!" argument would defeat the point of doing it as you've done it. I don't think you would do that, which is why I think you're among the scum. I'd find it awkwardly townie if you had.

The best case you could've made was the Boog gifs = Sacramento King, which means I'm a king trying to relate to the guards.

Which isn't true at all, since I always post gifs when I'm playing, but I just made that connection now and I would probably vote myself if I wasn't a rebel on that premise alone.

But I don't think I'm actually that active - it's a slow paced game, and it's my only game, so I'm going to be active in it.

I will say I don't like how CPig has gotten quiet since D1 - I didn't think it was him around that time but I'm noticing trends with some posters that seem to be taking a backseat a little now. I still don't like Kleedrac but his views have been all over the loving place and if he's a guard I'm going to be really annoyed since it's obvious but not obvious at the same time.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Deadbeat Dad posted:

The best case you could've made was the Boog gifs = Sacramento King, which means I'm a king trying to relate to the guards.

Which isn't true at all, since I always post gifs when I'm playing, but I just made that connection now and I would probably vote myself if I wasn't a rebel on that premise alone.

But I don't think I'm actually that active - it's a slow paced game, and it's my only game, so I'm going to be active in it.

I will say I don't like how CPig has gotten quiet since D1 - I didn't think it was him around that time but I'm noticing trends with some posters that seem to be taking a backseat a little now. I still don't like Kleedrac but his views have been all over the loving place and if he's a guard I'm going to be really annoyed since it's obvious but not obvious at the same time.

That's actually pretty clever if you are the king, but debunking the gif case openly makes me think three things. Either A. You've planted the gifs during the game so you could debunk the case when no one made it or B. It's defensive bait that you could be used to ridicule/discredit someone else or C. It's just hilarious coincidence, and pretty awesome gifs.

For now, I'm going to keep my vote on you because it feels right.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Deadbeat Dad (2): Kleedrac, Ghastly Gangsta
Kleedrac (2): CapitalistPig, Deadbeat Dad
Ghastly Gangsta (1): BottleKnight

Not Voting (3): GulagDolls, MC Eating Disorder, Tremendous Taste

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

Another Bodyguard might be BottleKnight.

The opening post by BK seemed like he was trying to establish open communication with the other bodyguard.

No matter how I read this post it feels like a directed communication.

Oh really? Because this:

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

King might be Deadbeat Dad
I think arguments about whose trying to be authoritative in the game end up moot since it's everyone's obligation to try and piece together who is the scum, but his interactions with the player's he's found scummy is what makes me think that he might be the king.

Given that the King doesn't know who the guards are, taking that authoritative pro-town stance would be really useful.

If not a king, seemingly playing in a manner where he tries to corner players with pressure. This is noticeable on Kleedrac, Strongmouse and myself to a small degree.

feels exactly like a guard bussing the king in order to throw off heat later and help confirm DBD. You didn't even remember to put your vote until the next post, and then this:

Deadbeat Dad posted:

sounds much, much different than the tone of DBD's other posts. This is because it is a post where he forcibly acknowledges GG's accusation, and then dismisses it. He talks about setup spec, but not what he thinks of the fact that GG is accusing him. He's said several times in this game that GG pings him but does not call him out on anything. He is not trying to find alignment at all, because now he's found it and he just needs to very quickly swipe it away. He's actually been cooperating with GG quite a bit, despite mildly casing him. It seems like they know more than I do.

Looking back, this is a huge red flag, from D1:

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

Confirming. Who is the scum?

Deadbeat Dad posted:

how many scum are you looking out for, king? i bet you can't sleep because we're all on your mind. maybe we're actually your guards too. nowhere is SAFE

also holy gently caress this pollen is wrecking me

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

If I've been the king all this time, and I've lived in filth and squalor my entire life for nothing, I am going to be PISSED!

##unvote

It's a breadcrumb. I'm pretty damned sure it's GG telling DBD covertly that he is a guard.

I'm going for the win. Calling your bluff, GG.

##vote DBD

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Holy gently caress

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

he's right

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
If GG himself nor other people didn't acknowledge that's how GG plays (which is what bothers me more than anything) I'd vote him for it, but there's no reason to vote for somebody because of playstyle.

The fact that him AND Kleedrac both vote the one person that is pressing both of them is something that scum do (which is better than voting on playstyle) - but Kleedrac pings me more than GG does.

REBELS please take note of these votes on me if I do go down because this is some suspect poo poo. I mean, I inherently play scummy even when I'm town because I am super defensive but this game I've actually held my emotions in check and I think for a town game I'm playing one of the towniest games in recent memory from my own perspective.

And I still have 3 lovely votes on me all which have different pretenses and reasons.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

GulagDolls posted:

he's right

don't be a fucker gulag

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I'm being set up

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Deadbeat Dad posted:

If GG himself nor other people didn't acknowledge that's how GG plays (which is what bothers me more than anything) I'd vote him for it, but there's no reason to vote for somebody because of playstyle.

The fact that him AND Kleedrac both vote the one person that is pressing both of them is something that scum do (which is better than voting on playstyle) - but Kleedrac pings me more than GG does.

REBELS please take note of these votes on me if I do go down because this is some suspect poo poo. I mean, I inherently play scummy even when I'm town because I am super defensive but this game I've actually held my emotions in check and I think for a town game I'm playing one of the towniest games in recent memory from my own perspective.

And I still have 3 lovely votes on me all which have different pretenses and reasons.

Okay, so which ones of us are scum, or are all 3 of us scum?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

BottleKnight posted:

Okay, so which ones of us are scum, or are all 3 of us scum?

Kleedrac is either guard or really poor town. I've been pleading others to put cases on other people because I sort of don't want to vote Kleedrac just because I believe he can't be that wild and obtuse with his thinking and votes and still be a guard.

GG I can't really read besides his forced playstyle which felt safe and too "helpy", if he's really trying to hint that he is guard, he could be a guard. If you really think he's trying to hint to me, not the loving King, that he's a guard, I will vote him.

You I've had a decent feeling on because we've had similar opinions until you fell off the loving deep end with that post.

The King is probably somebody like Pig or TT or MC.

I've had a weird feeling on MC because he's making good, old school Dragnix mafia like effort posts, but that could be a huge loving misdirection and he could be king.

Gulag, idk

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
DBD, humour me here for a second, I wanna ask you about this post of yours for a second

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Why would the king need to relate to the guards? The guards already know who the king is.

Just curious why you'd think the king needs to breadcrumb this kind of thing

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

MC Eating Disorder posted:

DBD, humour me here for a second, I wanna ask you about this post of yours for a second

Why would the king need to relate to the guards? The guards already know who the king is.

Just curious why you'd think the king needs to breadcrumb this kind of thing

Good point

Literally the second time I hosed this up actually

which should SHOW IM NOT THE GODDAMN KING YOU FUCKS

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I was talking to DBD earlier and at some point he said "King, me." I didn't really feel comfortable talking about ongoing games we were both in, even while playing checkers, so I tried not to think about it, but I feel compelled to bring it up now.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
BK I like the enthusiasm of your case on DBD in general, but would you consider kleedrac at all today? Say I said I didn't like the vote on DBD at all, and at least 2 from 3 of TT, Gulag and Pig also refused to switch, can you tell me what you think your reaction to that might be?

On that note, does anyone feel like TT and Pig have both checked out a little bit now that DBD has some pressure on him? Both seemed like they were putting effort in originally but I feel they're not really trying anymore.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

GulagDolls posted:

I was talking to DBD earlier and at some point he said "King, me." I didn't really feel comfortable talking about ongoing games we were both in, even while playing checkers, so I tried not to think about it, but I feel compelled to bring it up now.

My tumblr also has the word "king" in it, TT can attest to this

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

BK I like the enthusiasm of your case on DBD in general, but would you consider kleedrac at all today? Say I said I didn't like the vote on DBD at all, and at least 2 from 3 of TT, Gulag and Pig also refused to switch, can you tell me what you think your reaction to that might be?

On that note, does anyone feel like TT and Pig have both checked out a little bit now that DBD has some pressure on him? Both seemed like they were putting effort in originally but I feel they're not really trying anymore.

I want to see what Kleedrac thinks of my case and whether he agrees that DBD is, specifically, king or not.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
GG isn't a guard actually cause he phrased it as "bodyguard", don't think he'd do that if he was a guard

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

BottleKnight posted:

I want to see what Kleedrac thinks of my case and whether he agrees that DBD is, specifically, king or not.

What would be your next logical leap when or if I'm lynched and the game doesn't end because I'm not king or guard

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Deadbeat Dad posted:

What would be your next logical leap when or if I'm lynched and the game doesn't end because I'm not king or guard

Is this chainlynch baiting? I'm pretty sure about you, and if I'm wrong that will change everything I see about this game. Thinking about the game after your flip is a distraction.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

BottleKnight posted:

Is this chainlynch baiting? I'm pretty sure about you, and if I'm wrong that will change everything I see about this game. Thinking about the game after your flip is a distraction.

???? it's an honest question. I mean, I'm speaking from my perspective which is you will totally be loving wrong so your view is absolutely going to change if I'm dead. So I'd like to hear what would you change?

I've made two posts now that assumed King knows who guards are (one I caught myself earlier D1, one caught by MC which I would've never noticed) so the fact that you still think I'm king is funny when that should be the biggest factor that I'm not, unless you think I've planned this out from day 1. Even you can't believe there is such a complex string of breadcrumbs surrounding me.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

BottleKnight posted:

Thinking about the game after your flip is a distraction.

Also what a strange thing to say. The game ends if I'm king which you're sure about.

I'm not. So your 1/8 guess involving a player you assume is my guard who I don't know about is bussing me but only he knows about it, is worthy to speculate about, but not the game after a possible flip of me isn't?

hah AhahAhAhahha

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
DBD my for real question for you is who is your second choice? I think we should all have a backup plan. Most of the people who are voting for you have Kleedrac as a backup plan. Since Kleedrac is your first choice, who would you like to vote for if Kleedrac wasn't able to be lynched for whatever reason?

GG my question for you is would you be willing to vote for BK over DBD? Your case on BK seems much stronger and although we are obviously trying to nail the king first and foremost, your case for DBD as king feels very speculative. Meanwhile your case on BK is still not a slam dunk or anything, (and I doubt there will be many of those made in this game anyway) but it feels much more substantial. Catching a guard is not quite as good as catching the king but it is still better than nailing town. Do you really feel like DBDs

I want to wait for everyone to answer these questions before I make a vote for today if thats ok with everybody. One of these 3 people I've asked a question is my current personal favourite for a lynch but I don't want to reveal which one until I get a good answer to all my questions. They are all on my mind right now and I want to see if anything else shakes loose before I commit to my first vote for today.

Probably the best thing about this style of game is I don't feel pressured into making a vote. Good scum shouldn't just be able to avoid detection, they should be able to put pressure on townies to make bad votes and this format makes it a lot harder. Please everyone (especially those of you who are town) take your time and really think about what I'm asking you before you respond. God bless, comrades. I'll be around if anyone needs me.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
this takes like 10 seconds to do but look, it's a BottleKnight case

BottleKnight posted:

I'm gonna do some game spec since this is a small one.

6 rebels, 3 scum basically means we lose after 3 mislynches, and delay lylo one day per guard we lynch. If it's anything like other games I've read, the guards will probably try to be bombastic and be unpredictable so as to hide the king. They'll probably even vote the king. Hopefully me saying all this makes them WIFOMy.

The king is essentially in the same spot as the rebels since he knows no identities of anyone else and the guards absolutely cannot tip their cap without being found itt. Since the guards don't know who each other is, I'd be on the lookout for early votes, which may be all HEY HAHA and then vote someone who the other guard will know is the king. The king will probably find this out this way too. The guards and king figuring out who each other are is very disadvantageous for town.

Unlike assassin in the palace, where town is trying to obscure info, in this game we need to be super in-depth and really read people. No-lynches don't matter, etc. No deadline.

That's all I have.

totally loving breadcrumbed and this means he is scum. Let's not talk about anything else though because it hurts my head

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

DBD my for real question for you is who is your second choice? I think we should all have a backup plan. Most of the people who are voting for you have Kleedrac as a backup plan. Since Kleedrac is your first choice, who would you like to vote for if Kleedrac wasn't able to be lynched for whatever reason?

Honestly probably you, TT or Pig because I think there is a better chance of there being a king among that group. But this game is pretty hard with no night actions. I'd rather get a stronger feeling with guard play earlier than worry about a king, but I mean swinging for the fences and ending the game as soon as possible isn't a bad choice either, just don't think the king is putting themselves out there or posting like a Kleedrac or a GG so there is a huge luck factor in deciphering that.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

questions for anyone:

1. What organ is responsible for vision?
2. What is the 13th letter of the alphabet?
3. what would be the title of someone married to a queen?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Plus all 3 of you made posts "feeling good" towards my play D1 which I made mental notes of, I figure guards or kings want as much sympathy towards them when they get accused - naturally, people will defend people that felt good about their allegiance in the game.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Deadbeat Dad posted:

this takes like 10 seconds to do but look, it's a BottleKnight case

totally loving breadcrumbed and this means he is scum. Let's not talk about anything else though because it hurts my head

bahahaha I like you DBD, I'll definitely sign up for whatever your next game is.

You know, after your royal highness is assassinated.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

GulagDolls posted:

questions for anyone:

1. What organ is responsible for vision?
2. What is the 13th letter of the alphabet?
3. what would be the title of someone married to a queen?

If you win this game while only posting poo poo like this, I am going to be pretty salty. I feel like night actions are the only way to deal with you gulag, because everyone just kind of agrees that you're gulag and brushes poo poo off.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

afraid to submit to my interrogation, maggot? got something to hide?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

BottleKnight posted:

bahahaha I like you DBD, I'll definitely sign up for whatever your next game is.

You know, after your royal highness is assassinated.

:respek:

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

GulagDolls posted:

afraid to submit to my interrogation, maggot? got something to hide?

1. Eye
2. M
3. Prince, Duke of Edinburgh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

prince, huh. you're lucky this game isn't taking place 20 years into the future, or however the prince>king evolution works.

• Locked thread