Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

They should put in mixed-class races. The other day Zigmidge and I were doing some impromptu races between my Coquette Classic and his Dukes and we were pretty evenly matched, so it was a hell of a lot of fun.

OK real reason I also want to school some pubbie's chrome Zentorno with my Akuma :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Trying to complete Prison Break with pubbies is something I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemy.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Resdfru posted:

Has anyone ever been banned for using that mod that unlocks returning players content? I really want the monster truck and dodo.

This one is safe.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup
Yay! The REAL high roller update! I still get way too excited for new GTA online updates.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
they doing server maintenance atm? says it cant sync and my character is missing from the select wheel in singleplayer. :ohdear:

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

Don't hate the player, hate the game.
Anybody kind enough to invest 20 minutes of their time to help me set world record in every race?

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
I definitely need to get on mumble and start doing stuff with goons. I'm a level 88 multi-millionaire and I've left all my other GTA:O friends in the dust. :smug: i'm so lonely :smith:

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

theguybro posted:

Anybody kind enough to invest 20 minutes of their time to help me set world record in every race?

sure, send me a friend request (same name but with an underscore)

e:
aaaand I cant log in again. :negative:

Jose Mengelez fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Jun 2, 2015

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

Jose Mengelez posted:

sure, send me a friend request (same name but with an underscore)

e:
aaaand I cant log in again. :negative:

Weird I was just playing with another goon but I just went offline for a little bit. I'll be back on soon.

Also sorry about that explosion earlier it was an accident!

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

theguybro posted:

Also sorry about that explosion earlier it was an accident!

Not sure what you're talking about but I just logged in to see all my cars gone from my garage.

e: and the rockstar support page wont load. wtf is going on today.

Jose Mengelez fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Jun 2, 2015

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

Jose Mengelez posted:

Not sure what you're talking about but I just logged in to see all my cars gone from my garage.

e: and the rockstar support page wont load. wtf is going on today.

No idea to both

Edit: Any goons online on PC right now?

theguybro fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jun 2, 2015

Juxtaposed Shoe
May 15, 2014

Floppychop posted:

Trying to complete Prison Break with pubbies is something I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemy.

Funny that!

Anyone willing to let me complete the damned thing at some point? I'll be around this weekend after my exam on Friday but since I'm on East Australia Time, the times I have gotten pubbies, they are not good. So I'm level 50 and haven't finished Prison Break yet -_-.

-edit- On PC, forgot to mention cause i'm an idiot.

Juxtaposed Shoe fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jun 2, 2015

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

theguybro posted:

No idea to both

Edit: Any goons online on PC right now?

You will always find a few goons on Mumble. I always check there. Sometimes the Rockstar Social Club will tell me people are offline when they are not. Even when the person is in the same session as me. Mumble link is in OP.

Deadly Ham Sandwich fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jun 2, 2015

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

You will always find a few goons on Mumble. I always check there. Sometimes the Rockstar Social Club will tell me people are offline when they are not. Even when the person is in the same session as me. Mumble link is in OP.

Thanks. Jose helped me out with whatever I wanted to try out

Church Ladyboy
Oct 11, 2007

SQUAWK

theguybro posted:

Thanks. Jose helped me out with whatever I wanted to try out

If anyone else is tooling around atm, my ign is the same. I haven't played in weeks, I blow.

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

Jossos posted:

If anyone else is tooling around atm, my ign is the same. I haven't played in weeks, I blow.

Ill be on a little later if you wanna kill poo poo.

Thanks for loving around in races and freeroam Jose. If you need wins or whatever i gotchu

Church Ladyboy
Oct 11, 2007

SQUAWK

I added you, will probably be on again tomorrow.

Forget who it was, but I just ruined a goon's heist by parachuting into a building and then getting a network error :v: sorry :v:
Jetlagged GTA is too hard.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Jossos posted:

I added you, will probably be on again tomorrow.

Forget who it was, but I just ruined a goon's heist by parachuting into a building and then getting a network error :v: sorry :v:
Jetlagged GTA is too hard.

I literally facepalmed and then sadius went on a rage fueled rampage. good times :mrgw:

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times
Just had an awesome train journey around the island with some goons, and got dumped out of the session about 3 seconds after someone jumped their car into my train carriage. I think I got it on video, so I'll try to kock something together tomorrow.

Good times indeed.

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

frankenbeans posted:

Just had an awesome train journey around the island with some goons, and got dumped out of the session about 3 seconds after someone jumped their car into my train carriage. I think I got it on video, so I'll try to kock something together tomorrow.

Good times indeed.

Was that the same train adventure where I got into a hydra, and immediately flew it into the mountain like a badass?

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

So what's the point of levels? I see a lot of people online who are like level 175 and I figure at that point there's just no difference between them?

Also when you level up in general do all your stats increase or do they only increase from specific activities?

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Every level up to 100 unlocks at least a couple things--contact missions, open-world stuff, weapons, clothes. Every 20 levels up to 100 your health increases. I think once you cross the 120 threshold and unlock the minigun they're meaningless.

Stats increase as you use them. Shoot to get better at shooting, drive to get better at driving, etc. I know that shooting skill also increases the amount of ammo you can carry but I don't know if any of the others affect them

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

Every 20 levels up to 100 your health increases.

Wait, what? Is this why I sometimes simply can't kill some level 200 jerk despite unloading a whole loving clip into him?!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yeah, they also may have armor on which is a big deal too.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

We still doing that classic car rally? Just bought myself a Casco.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Pumpy Dumper posted:

So what's the point of levels? I see a lot of people online who are like level 175 and I figure at that point there's just no difference between them?

Also when you level up in general do all your stats increase or do they only increase from specific activities?

IIRC the last level requirement is level 150 to be able to carry 10 armors. Everything above that is just e-peen waving.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

Craptacular posted:

IIRC the last level requirement is level 150 to be able to carry 10 armors. Everything above that is just e-peen waving.

Hrrm nifty, I just hit 150 today and didn't even realize I got an extra armor in storage.

Has anyone on ps4 noticed their Left D pad button not working for the weapon wheel specifically? Like you can only scroll weapons going towards the right?

I also managed to get a bounty while going into passive at the same time. Shame it is only worth 1k and everyone got kicked out of the room, right as it happened.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Montalvo posted:

Wait, what? Is this why I sometimes simply can't kill some level 200 jerk despite unloading a whole loving clip into him?!

Not really, no. Even at full life you die pretty fast. The difference is not really that impressive.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Scyron posted:

Hrrm nifty, I just hit 150 today and didn't even realize I got an extra armor in storage.

Not sure if it's 150 exactly. But it's more than the 120 for the minigun.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I am so going on a Minigun rampage when I unlock it.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Bring money to reload it.

A lot of money.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Craptacular posted:

Not sure if it's 150 exactly. But it's more than the 120 for the minigun.

I have like 130 something and I can carry the 10 armors.

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003

BitBasher posted:

Not really, no. Even at full life you die pretty fast. The difference is not really that impressive.

I'm not even 100 yet, I'm in the 80s. You have more health, you take less damage from falling/melee/getting hit by cars. You have armor and can carry extras. You can actually take some punishment versus being made of tissue paper and being allowed to equip a sliver of armor. I think the difference is pretty marked.

joozy
Jan 15, 2004
is there a good mod switcher that isnt full of malware in it? so i dont get banned for all the single player mods im using?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

After getting a new ISP, router/modem, and a new location for said devices, I can finally stay in servers. For the first time I loaded into a full lobby, and it took half the time it usually does to load. I'm down to do some heists, because I no longer get kicked every 15 minutes.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Any one on Xbox One fancy doing the Humane Labs heist, including set up? Also a Rally race, I want those metal paint options for my armoured Karuma.

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

Found a new way to grief people who are "recording videos to report you to rockstar". This is the perfect solution.

I hope they enjoy recording black screens of full of alerts.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

theguybro posted:

Found a new way to grief people who are "recording videos to report you to rockstar". This is the perfect solution.

I hope they enjoy recording black screens of full of alerts.

May your dark reign never end

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

May your dark reign never end

LOL if people really do record videos and send them to Rockstar then Rockstar is going to be flooded with videos full of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Is anyone else not able to log onto RSSC at all? Tonight and last night it has given me this and bumped me back to Story Mode:

Social Club logs in automatically when I start the game up, but then when I'm in and attempting to open it through the game it gives me this:

I feel like the thread title is taking me for a ride now :(

• Locked thread