Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

Ron's the carnival king. He takes real poo poo that's going on with his freaks and blows it out to ridiculous and hilarious proportions. They have to be good sports about it though for it to work, which is why Dave & Earl ruled. Shelby just got powerbombed on his head and contributed nothing after the fact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FarmerHank
Jan 6, 2011

farming techniques vary
Shelby was still my favorite. That one bit where Chris said he can name the color of M&M's blindfolded and "Shelby" hit him with a water bottle was one of the best.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
I am super bummed about Shelby being gone, he only became unfunny because as someone else described, he became the Theon Greyjoy of the Ron & Fez show. If he had been starting with Bennington I think he would have had a way easier time. Obviously I can only speculate, but I'd wager that the last year of Ron & Fez was much much much more tense than Bennington.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

How Much Art posted:

I am super bummed about Shelby being gone, he only became unfunny because as someone else described, he became the Theon Greyjoy of the Ron & Fez show. If he had been starting with Bennington I think he would have had a way easier time. Obviously I can only speculate, but I'd wager that the last year of Ron & Fez was much much much more tense than Bennington.

I can't imagine someone getting into the industry would want to continue after they see two veterans of it implode like that. He got a lot of poo poo for being the lowest guy on the totem pole by two guys who simply couldn't make a decision about their professional future until they'd stuck together for nine years. Ron's too big of a pussy to kick Fez off the air, and Fez is too much of a psycho to simply leave before his dignity did.

If I was in Shelby's position, I would have left to, new show or not. Radio has an odd effect on people that I can't imagine anybody in the prime of their life (rotten glands or not) would want to willingly take on.

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

:sweep:

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I see Anthony had Chuck "Floor Shitter" Johnson on his show.

Must be pulling in subs off that one.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Ant just did Alex Jones' show and didn't mock conspiracy theories once. It was a completely unironic "the media is in on it" conversation.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
hahahahaha

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
Did he do any sweet impressions?

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

Adam Carolla did a phoner on Brother Wease's show last week and it didn't go well. If anybody wants to learn where Opie picked up his douchiest traits, from the interview itself to the aftermath, look no further than Wease.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpH6pthjw5I

Paul Kersey fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Jun 2, 2015

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon

Paul Kersey posted:

Adam Carolla did a phoner on Brother Wease's show last week and it didn't go well. If anybody wants to learn where Opie picked up his douchiest traits, from the interview itself to the aftermath, look no further than Wease.

Mother Hucker

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

That is some of the worst poo poo I've ever heard.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

If anyone still cares, Derosa talks briefly about quitting his podcast and the fallout with Anthony here: http://theinterrobang.com/joe-derosa-quits-his-podcast-and-explains-his-fight-with-anthony-cumia/

Paul Kersey posted:

He looks like a carnival caricature of opie eating a lemon

Frost Uncle
Nov 2, 2012
that mother hucking human being makes me really angry and he always has, the reverence opie has for him only fans the fire and it makes sense that he "inherited" those Radio God traits

loving scorch is more endearing

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Frost Uncle posted:

loving scorch is more endearing

If you don't like the phrase "weird news" being said in a gravelly voice then you are probably no fun.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Or following every sentence with "Knowudda mean?"

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
Brother Wease never would have come up with the Wheel of Meat

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

I don't hate the guy himself, but the way Dan Perlman talks bugs the poo poo out of me because he'll often end sentences in a sudden raise in pitch, but in a weird way mid-syllable, like the way Opie used to say "mahn", or at least the way they mock him for it.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Here's a pic of Ron & Gail taken by Mindy Tucker, the photographer guest they had on yesterday. She's been taking pictures of the NY comedy scene.

https://www.withreservation.com

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Ron is exposing an uncomfortable amount of his chest there.

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

therealjon_ posted:

Ron is exposing an uncomfortable amount of his chest there.

He and Collin quinn cant seem to find an undershirt

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

JFC posted:

Here's a pic of Ron & Gail taken by Mindy Tucker, the photographer guest they had on yesterday. She's been taking pictures of the NY comedy scene.

Now I see why they make the "no relation" joke, it's a sight gag

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Ronnies the best, I hope he loses some weight so I can have 10 more years of good radio. Knowing him though he'd probably rather go out before he loses touch

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
She totally has his face. How many years before she's a behemoth like him? I'd guess 5-6.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Who knows what all the black is hiding, along with the desk?

Not that it matters, she's still a joy to listen to. It's funny to have someone not only follow Ron & Pepper on their stupid rear end jokes, but for a woman on the radio who does this without being all "YEAUGH I'M ONE OF THE GUYS" grungy tomboys. She does this all effortlessly, and to me that's a rarity.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Tomahawk posted:

God, this really is the most logical end to these idiots careers in retrospect.
It's like Henry Hill at the end of Goodfellas.

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.
I don't really listen to the shows anymore except for a few clips on youtube here and there. I listened to the whole walking on Greggshells drama and the Fez retirement thing but that's about it. It's just that everything that was good about these shows is all spread out now and a lot of it costs money. All the good comedians have their own shows and it's all too much to listen to now and they're usually not as good on their own as they were together. It seems like all the camaraderie is gone.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!
I hear what you're saying, I mean I've completely given up on Opie and Jim. It feels like the view for 50 year old out of touch men at this point. I just can't relate to it.

But you really should give Bennington another chance. It's not super controversial or anything but it's a hell of alot of fun. And heck adding Catholic Joe to the crew has been a good move.

Dan Perlman still sucks.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Tr33 posted:

I hear what you're saying, I mean I've completely given up on Opie and Jim. It feels like the view for 50 year old out of touch men at this point. I just can't relate to it.

But you really should give Bennington another chance. It's not super controversial or anything but it's a hell of alot of fun. And heck adding Catholic Joe to the crew has been a good move.

Dan Perlman still sucks.

Bennington is an awesome show, period. It's fun, lighthearted, and really hitting its stride right out of the gate. Definitely the one of the better shows out there, bar none.

The Extrapolator
Dec 14, 2006

Now what the fuck are some of these god damn questions?
Lloyd Kaufman and DJ Whoo Kid on Sams Show was drat good radio last week.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

The Extrapolator posted:

Lloyd Kaufman and DJ Whoo Kid on Sams Show was drat good radio last week.

Whoa, what day was that? I forgot Sam got a real show. That might be a daily listen for me.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

The Sam show is pretty good because he actually has a bit of fun with his guests because they are either Z-listers or friends of his so he doesn't care about offending them.

BigPoot
Jan 16, 2013

Tr33 posted:

Dan Perlman still sucks.

Yeah, I could never really get too much into Ron & Fez, but Bennington has been great. Just the right level of silly absurdity. I'm still a sucker for Norton's characters, but without them O&J is nothing to me.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.

JFC posted:

Ron, your shirt has buttons on it for a reason.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

suddenlyissoon posted:

Ron, your shirt has buttons on it for a reason.

The irony is how I've heard him rant against grown men wearing shorts and saying you aren't a child anymore, men wear pants. Yeah, but leave your chest showing like you're still 25 and it's the 80s.

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

Anybody hear this morning's Beach Boys vs. Beatles discussion? Opie (and to a much lesser extent, Jimmy)'s lack of musical knowledge was on full display, with Opie throwing out comments like Pet Sounds "doesn't hold up" and only had a few good songs. Jimmy, meanwhile, listened to (some version) of Smile, hated it, and said the Beatles were in a different class than the Beach Boys, which is definitely a valid, if debatable, opinion.

Troy and Sam actually argued for the other side. It's one of the few times I've ever ever agreed with those two.

Paul Kersey fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jun 8, 2015

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

The Beach Boys loving suck.

We get it.

Good times at the loving beach.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
I didn't listen to the thing this morning, but if you don't like Pet Sounds please kill yourself

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I don't even get it, didn't they just sit and talk and talk about how amazing Brian Wilson was when John Cusack came into the studio? You know, the interview they've been repeating over and over on the channel? Are they really this bluntly two-faced?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Tom Scharpling was on Bennington and that's fuckin amazing

• Locked thread