Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Thyrork posted:

Remove(The two conflict, so do it!) CoFHTweaks-[1.7.10]0.1.0B2-30 from the mod folder, replace it with Fastcraft and see if that fixes it.
from the server thread, which I follow even though I don't multiplayer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Acne Rain posted:

from the server thread, which I follow even though I don't multiplayer.

Yeah, that's what my friend did earlier and he can play fine again now. I guess I'll do the same for now to remove the weird rendering artifacts.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Wolfsbane posted:

I never found Thaumcraft that bad to start up in. It's mostly just that people can't be bothered to read the book properly (which is fair enough, it's wordy as poo poo) and miss the part about mixing whatever it is to create the life essence.
Ars Magica on the other hand is a loving nightmare. The unlocking bit of the book doesn't seem to include everything you need to get started, and I'm still not sure exactly how to get power into my spell creation thingy.

On the server i am playing on (Crackpack from AT Launcher) I was just kicked out of the base i was sharing with someone else,

I logged on to find i had no perms in the claim and a sign placed down saying "I dont want thaum in my base, all your thaum stuff is outside to the right in a chest, this is why i don't base with anyone, bye"

So my ender quarry, other machines, ores and stuff and all the stuff i brought to the base is now his (including all the mob spawners and reactor stuff.)
and I have had to start again.

Why are so many people scared of Thaum?

I mean i have since heard that his base was covered in Flux and taint as he broke the Energised Nodes spilling flux everywhere.

As for ars, you have an obelisk next to the altar, then use the magicians staff (or whatever its called) to link the obelisk to the altar, then flip the switch when you need it for the recipe.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

TheresaJayne posted:

On the server i am playing on (Crackpack from AT Launcher) I was just kicked out of the base i was sharing with someone else,

I logged on to find i had no perms in the claim and a sign placed down saying "I dont want thaum in my base, all your thaum stuff is outside to the right in a chest, this is why i don't base with anyone, bye"

So my ender quarry, other machines, ores and stuff and all the stuff i brought to the base is now his (including all the mob spawners and reactor stuff.)

I mean i have since heard that his base was covered in Flux and taint as he broke the Energised Nodes spilling flux everywhere.

As for ars, you have an obelisk next to the altar, then use the magicians staff (or whatever its called) to link the obelisk to the altar, then flip the switch when you need it for the recipe.

One one hand, he kicked you out of your base (depending on the policies of the server and how the mods/admins feel you could get help.), on the other hand, he doesn't know what thaumcraft is and did all that crap without as much as telling you (and his base is now tainted) you are probably better without him.

TrenceJ
Jul 2, 2007
Mmmmm, Pac Dots
Hey Guys,

I've been out of the server running game for a fair few years now since Work requirements forced me to shut down my Technic server.

I now want to start up a small server for Family use (currently just using the open to lan feature), but since the whole Bukkit dmca issues, i'm at a loss for what to use.

I'll be running a modded OMP-i, and would like to run Bukkit plugins also, But cauldron seems to have stopped, and dos'nt support the latest versions of Forge.

My google-Fu seems to be failing me, but I know that OMP-i can be multiplayer, im just struggling to find the files,

Could one of you helpful chaps point me in the right direction? Got a 12core, 24gig ram HP server sitting here gathering dust at the moment.

Cheers

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

SugarAddict posted:

One one hand, he kicked you out of your base (depending on the policies of the server and how the mods/admins feel you could get help.), on the other hand, he doesn't know what thaumcraft is and did all that crap without as much as telling you (and his base is now tainted) you are probably better without him.

Admittedly I was new to thaum and another player gave me his knowledge tome without explaining about the warp issue - so now i keep getting chased by eldritch warriors - luckily my Healing axe and Imbued sword is always to hand.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

botania is a really great mod and i'm glad i decided to be the one to get into it on the server i'm playing on. also, i've been going through the twilight forest junk and i've gotten to the point where i have the lamp of cinders and can reach the castle in the middle of all the thorns. is there any way to actually get the achievement for doing that and/or is there anything actually in the castle? i've seriously been looking it up and either people are talking about the older versions with no castle or have literally no idea. it'd be disappointing if i went through all of that just to be stopped right at the end.

e: also why the gently caress did the tinker's construct guy hammer the 'spawn a million loving slimes in the twilight forest' button a lot

Johnny Joestar fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jun 1, 2015

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

TrenceJ posted:

Hey Guys,

I've been out of the server running game for a fair few years now since Work requirements forced me to shut down my Technic server.

I now want to start up a small server for Family use (currently just using the open to lan feature), but since the whole Bukkit dmca issues, i'm at a loss for what to use.

I'll be running a modded OMP-i, and would like to run Bukkit plugins also, But cauldron seems to have stopped, and dos'nt support the latest versions of Forge.

My google-Fu seems to be failing me, but I know that OMP-i can be multiplayer, im just struggling to find the files,

Could one of you helpful chaps point me in the right direction? Got a 12core, 24gig ram HP server sitting here gathering dust at the moment.

Cheers

You do not have PMs. So I'll just ask outright, do you just want an exact copy of the main OMP-i server I run, bukkit plugins, configs and all (disregarding ops, perms and such)?

TrenceJ
Jul 2, 2007
Mmmmm, Pac Dots

StealthArcher posted:

You do not have PMs. So I'll just ask outright, do you just want an exact copy of the main OMP-i server I run, bukkit plugins, configs and all (disregarding ops, perms and such)?

That would be great. I'd have to strip quite a bit out, but that would work fine. I removed a lot of mods to make it run at a decent pace on my kids Laptops you see. I run the full pack myself, Great work. Trying to balance that out must have been a chore.

How do you suggest getting the files over, Dropbox or such?

Thanks

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

TrenceJ posted:

That would be great. I'd have to strip quite a bit out, but that would work fine. I removed a lot of mods to make it run at a decent pace on my kids Laptops you see. I run the full pack myself, Great work. Trying to balance that out must have been a chore.

How do you suggest getting the files over, Dropbox or such?

Thanks

Hah, dropbox. Nah, I have three VPS's running for this poo poo, one for music files for better Records, one for solder, and one for the server itself. I'll get it all ready and just throw you a straight download link. Hopefully not here, but if necessary. (Add me on steam, same name.)

Incidentally I was hoping you would try it with everything, but only because we've been having endless timeout problems on my poor VPS, and I wanted to see if throwing more power (and a dedi in your case) would solve the problem, as I'm tapped out expenses wise for this.

E: Got work overnight off to bed, I'll get this to you tomorrow.

StealthArcher fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jun 1, 2015

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

TheresaJayne posted:

Sounds like he stole your poo poo and used Thaumcraft as an excuse.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
Is there an easy way to reset my player position in 1.7.10? Getting stuck logging into a dimlet world and need to stop trying to laod to there :(

TrenceJ
Jul 2, 2007
Mmmmm, Pac Dots

StealthArcher posted:

Hah, dropbox. Nah, I have three VPS's running for this poo poo, one for music files for better Records, one for solder, and one for the server itself. I'll get it all ready and just throw you a straight download link. Hopefully not here, but if necessary. (Add me on steam, same name.)

Incidentally I was hoping you would try it with everything, but only because we've been having endless timeout problems on my poor VPS, and I wanted to see if throwing more power (and a dedi in your case) would solve the problem, as I'm tapped out expenses wise for this.

E: Got work overnight off to bed, I'll get this to you tomorrow.

Thanks for that. Added on steam (Same name here also)

I'll give it a go full out, as I prefer playing single player on a server when I can anyway, and see how it goes. I probably wont throw the whole server at it though, as its running VMware. Let me know the Specs of your VPS, and ill start there, and ramp up if I have any issues.

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Falcon2001 posted:

Is there an easy way to reset my player position in 1.7.10? Getting stuck logging into a dimlet world and need to stop trying to laod to there :(

You can use an NBT editor to change your player.dat. Does the single player use that? If it doesn't then you can use the same program to directly edit the world.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

TheresaJayne posted:

Stuff like that reminds me it's still a game for children. They couldn't even try to have one of those "constructive confrontations" about it. What's the admin's take on that?

My rule of thumb is I don't base with somebody I couldn't punch in the face, or get punched in the face by, in real life. Paradoxically, this has lead to much more shenanigans because I usually have a better social contract with them anyways.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
Speaking of dumb questions:

Soooo...how do you kill an RFTools dimension and make a new one? Every time I try and code a random one I just get the same one over and over again.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Falcon2001 posted:

Speaking of dumb questions:

Soooo...how do you kill an RFTools dimension and make a new one? Every time I try and code a random one I just get the same one over and over again.

You have to use the number dimlets to get a new seed. Every dimension without the numbered dimlets just uses your world's seed.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Stuff like that reminds me it's still a game for children. They couldn't even try to have one of those "constructive confrontations" about it. What's the admin's take on that?

My rule of thumb is I don't base with somebody I couldn't punch in the face, or get punched in the face by, in real life. Paradoxically, this has lead to much more shenanigans because I usually have a better social contract with them anyways.

Well I have put Thaum to the back burner at the moment and am trying to get re-setup, (I swapped my aspect jars for a working ME system to help ) the biggest loss is the loss of the safari nets seeing as all blaze spawners in the nether are gone.
Luckily all non base dimensions reset on the 10th of each month so next week i get to look all over again - want to try and get some ghast tears before then though
only other problem then is that on the 10th the end resets :(
Another dragon fight - but hey, i have flux imbued armor (Redstone arsenal) - with every enchantment i could get for 1000 levels, and an imbued sword with soul stealer V

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Anyone experienced massive FPS loss involving Cryo-stabelized flux ducts? We had a big issue with them on OMP-i's server just now, with them killing FPS for everyone looking in their direction, even behind hundreds of blocks of dirt and stone. Trying to see if its a common issue, or some sort of interaction/bug.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

StealthArcher posted:

If you post the thing for me too, I'll be super grateful and also report back on if it runs fine on a vps with 96 gigs of ram and 20 cpus. :v:

Killer-of-Lawyers posted:

Anyone experienced massive FPS loss involving Cryo-stabelized flux ducts? We had a big issue with them on OMP-i's server just now, with them killing FPS for everyone looking in their direction, even behind hundreds of blocks of dirt and stone. Trying to see if its a common issue, or some sort of interaction/bug.

I don't have issues with them with fastcraft, but it is possible that's what was behind cofhtweaks running really lovely for us. Will research when I get home from work.

e: On second thought, that's probably not it, I think we built those ducts after the whole fastcraft thing. Will check it anyway as I'm not 100% sure, but it's unlikely.

Truga fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Jun 2, 2015

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Keep in mind you'll need 10 people on in the same area to really start noticing the time outs early on. Also, was that your base on OMPi?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Killer-of-Lawyers posted:

Keep in mind you'll need 10 people on in the same area to really start noticing the time outs early on. Also, was that your base on OMPi?

Welp, we only get 6-8 people online most of the time, can't help then, sorry. :(

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
You might still notice it. Who knows. It's such a hard to chase down fidling bug. I can't wait till mods move past 1.7.10

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Truga posted:

Welp, we only get 6-8 people online most of the time, can't help then, sorry. :(

That can still work, just have people be off doing their own poo poo the /tpall them to you. If 6 people can do that without a timeout on one person then its a power differential.

TrenceJ
Jul 2, 2007
Mmmmm, Pac Dots
My server was only going to to me and my two kids, and we all live in a village, but ill have no issue using offline mode, and chucking a fair few more people into the world for testing.

I always wondered if Minecraft treats CustomNPCS/Ancient warfare NPC's the same as player characters, meaning I could overload a server if I spawned too many. Might be worth testing.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

TrenceJ posted:

My server was only going to to me and my two kids, and we all live in a village, but ill have no issue using offline mode, and chucking a fair few more people into the world for testing.

I always wondered if Minecraft treats CustomNPCS/Ancient warfare NPC's the same as player characters, meaning I could overload a server if I spawned too many. Might be worth testing.

The errors we get are timeouts, not ticklags. NPCs would overload a server eventually like any entity with scripts and AI, but they don't consume bandwidth.

TrenceJ
Jul 2, 2007
Mmmmm, Pac Dots
Fair enough.

In any case, I have enough laptops/VM's that i can throw a fair few clients at the server to test.

I'll even connect some from work if need be to discount everyone being on the same lan.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

I'm playing singleplayer on the latest OMP-I and getting a lot of seeing-through-the-world issues. Most of the time they resolve quickly, but I've had a couple of times where the immediate area's blocks didn't return to being opaque until I left the area for a bit. I'm trying to finish clearing out a dungeon underneath my village and it gets pretty annoying.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

You have PM's blocked. Can you add me on steam, same as the guy above?

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

taiyoko posted:

I'm playing singleplayer on the latest OMP-I and getting a lot of seeing-through-the-world issues. Most of the time they resolve quickly, but I've had a couple of times where the immediate area's blocks didn't return to being opaque until I left the area for a bit. I'm trying to finish clearing out a dungeon underneath my village and it gets pretty annoying.

Update to 2.2.2_1FC, this is an issue with the old version of COFHTweaks we use, it's not useful for everyone. The FC variant adds fastcraft back in until i can get the newer version to work with our stuff.

mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

Insufferable measure of firewood

StealthArcher posted:

Update to 2.2.2_1FC, this is an issue with the old version of COFHTweaks we use, it's not useful for everyone. The FC variant adds fastcraft back in until i can get the newer version to work with our stuff.

I've also given up for the time being on CoFHTweaks, because it doesn't let Minecraft finish launching, and just sits there trying to initialize. Remove CoFHTweaks and suddenly minecraft launches.

Went with FastCraft instead.

Edit: Yes, there's a bug filed on this; you guys closed it as a Forge issue. Oddly enough CoFHTweaks was the only mod I removed and suddenly everything works.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

does anyone invested in botania know if the loonium flower is worth using? it sounds tempting to have a renewable source of dungeon loot, but i'm not sure if the mana to reward ratio is even remotely good.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

does anyone invested in botania know if the loonium flower is worth using? it sounds tempting to have a renewable source of dungeon loot, but i'm not sure if the mana to reward ratio is even remotely good.

I tried it out once, it produces a decent amount of loot per mana pool. I don't remember exactly how much, but if you have a good dungeon loot table it could be worth it. Just don't forget to pair it with some form of item retrieval, as it just drops all the loot on the ground.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
I was curious, did anyone make a tool for easy means of creating new 3D graphics for the game(characters, monsters etc)? I remember the only way for a long time was defining cubes directly in JS, but god, I don't wanna have to do that just to make something fancy.

Goncyn
May 20, 2005
headlight on a northbound train
Has anyone ever tried to write configs for AE2 that completely replace its world generation? That is, crafting recipes for the patterns normally found in meteorite chests and replacing all variations of certus quartz with regular old nether quartz?

I think the root cause of all the frustration around AE2 is that it's a mod whose primary feature is to mitigate a huge source of tedium in the vanilla game -- trying to efficiently store and access all your stuff -- and it does so with an incredibly slick, well-implemented solution, but it's incredibly expensive and complex to craft, which frustrates the desire to reduce complexity in the first place. I would love to try AE2 with some configs that drastically reduce the tedium and material requirements. I tried to poke around in Baby's First Space Race and OMP-i for relevant configs because I heard they tried to reduce tedium, but I can't find anything relevant among all the configs (nothing in the AppliedEnergistcs2 folder and no minetweaker recipes I can find). Can anyone point out what I'm missing about how these modpacks configure AE2?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Goncyn posted:

Has anyone ever tried to write configs for AE2 that completely replace its world generation? That is, crafting recipes for the patterns normally found in meteorite chests and replacing all variations of certus quartz with regular old nether quartz?

I think the root cause of all the frustration around AE2 is that it's a mod whose primary feature is to mitigate a huge source of tedium in the vanilla game -- trying to efficiently store and access all your stuff -- and it does so with an incredibly slick, well-implemented solution, but it's incredibly expensive and complex to craft, which frustrates the desire to reduce complexity in the first place. I would love to try AE2 with some configs that drastically reduce the tedium and material requirements. I tried to poke around in Baby's First Space Race and OMP-i for relevant configs because I heard they tried to reduce tedium, but I can't find anything relevant among all the configs (nothing in the AppliedEnergistcs2 folder and no minetweaker recipes I can find). Can anyone point out what I'm missing about how these modpacks configure AE2?
I run a small server for friends, and it's pretty easy to use Minetweaker and AE's own included recipe customizer to pass up the two major problems most people have with the mod:
1. Presses in meteors you have to hunt down. I remove meteors but leave the materials. Then I add a new way to get the inscription presses, four simple recipes in the inscriber using iron and a block of metal each. I have Metallurgy installed, so each of the four presses can be made with iron and a block of common Metallurgy metal, so stuff like prometheum and infoscolium. This way you still can't get it right away but the method seems fun and distinct.
2. Charged quartz is a problem to find. You can make a charger, which quickly turns regular certus quartz to the charged variety, but you need charged quartz to build it in the first place. Just add (or replace) a recipe that doesn't need charged quartz, maybe more expensive to make up for it.

Those are really the only two early obstacles, so once that's out of the way you're good to go.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

this hardcore ender expansion mod is cool as hell and makes me actually give a poo poo about the end now.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Goncyn posted:

I tried to poke around in Baby's First Space Race and OMP-i for relevant configs because I heard they tried to reduce tedium, but I can't find anything relevant among all the configs (nothing in the AppliedEnergistcs2 folder and no minetweaker recipes I can find). Can anyone point out what I'm missing about how these modpacks configure AE2?
BFSR does not do anything sustained playing to really augment it. It just mentions in the quest book that some of it is bullshit, and then gives you all the presses and some of the intermediate gunk. My issue was that there is not a universal simplification for the presses and processors. I had to assume people would play a pack afterwards that did not have everything.

Having played more, I have had less trouble with AE2, so long as the quartz generation rates are upped. Then it is easy to make a compass, and meteor hunting is okay if you consider chunk boundaries. Somebody in the thread--or last one--brought it up. When the compass goes wild, check if any other chunks go too. Then you know the meteor straddles boundaries. Otherwise you know digging down the center will find it.

You also need AE2Stuff for the dedicated growth accelerator machine.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Vib Rib posted:

I run a small server for friends, and it's pretty easy to use Minetweaker and AE's own included recipe customizer to pass up the two major problems most people have with the mod:
1. Presses in meteors you have to hunt down. I remove meteors but leave the materials. Then I add a new way to get the inscription presses, four simple recipes in the inscriber using iron and a block of metal each. I have Metallurgy installed, so each of the four presses can be made with iron and a block of common Metallurgy metal, so stuff like prometheum and infoscolium. This way you still can't get it right away but the method seems fun and distinct.
2. Charged quartz is a problem to find. You can make a charger, which quickly turns regular certus quartz to the charged variety, but you need charged quartz to build it in the first place. Just add (or replace) a recipe that doesn't need charged quartz, maybe more expensive to make up for it.

Those are really the only two early obstacles, so once that's out of the way you're good to go.
I've never had a problem with Charged Quartz, but in my OMPi solo map I've gone through 3 loving meteors and am still missing a Logic inscription. Like, make the recipe expensive if necessary for "balance", but man it's a pain in the rear end having it entirely depend on random chance that sees me spending multiple in-game days travelling and excavating across the map for a simple roll of the dice as to whether I get to do build a thing. To add insult to injury, failure means you get to spend ages digging out the entire useless meteor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

BFSR does not do anything sustained playing to really augment it. It just mentions in the quest book that some of it is bullshit, and then gives you all the presses and some of the intermediate gunk. My issue was that there is not a universal simplification for the presses and processors. I had to assume people would play a pack afterwards that did not have everything.

Having played more, I have had less trouble with AE2, so long as the quartz generation rates are upped. Then it is easy to make a compass, and meteor hunting is okay if you consider chunk boundaries. Somebody in the thread--or last one--brought it up. When the compass goes wild, check if any other chunks go too. Then you know the meteor straddles boundaries. Otherwise you know digging down the center will find it.

You also need AE2Stuff for the dedicated growth accelerator machine.

I think it was me, I play on a server and was told that all meteors had been cleared and raided, followed my rules with the compass, first small meteor gave me calculation press
second about 100m away gave me logic, silicon, engineering press and about 200 skystone