Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich

BigFactory posted:

I mean, Nuno Bettencourt and Jordan Rudess are loving D list rockstars, but sure.

D list in notoriety, but definitely not awesomeness.

So it's hard choosing my favorite Rush album, but probably my go to album is Grace Under Pressure. It's easily my favorite synth era album it has a really cold dark tone for a Rush album and even though Rush was a lot more poppy during this time I think a song like Between the Wheels is actually pretty heavy in its own unique way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The set list from the first show of the R40 tour is out, so expect these songs to be played in your neck of the woods:

Clockwork Angels
The Anarchist
Headlong Flight
Far Cry
The Main Monkey Business
One Little Victory
Animate
Roll the Bones
Distant Early Warning
Subdivisions
---------------
Tom Sawyer
Red Barchetta
The Spirit of Radio
Jacob's Ladder
Cygnus X-1
Closer to the Heart
Xanadu
2112 parts 1, 2, 4, and 7
----------------
Lakeside Park
Anthem
What You're Doing
Working Man

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
That's sort of a bummer. Oh well.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

The show here got sold out like instantly, wasn't able to do it on my current budget.

When you say Cygnus X-1, do you mean the whole thing, with Hemispheres included?

Also, holy gently caress, Signals to Presto gets exactly two songs?!?

Stutes
Oct 13, 2005

Tonight's the Night

Allen Wren posted:

When you say Cygnus X-1, do you mean the whole thing, with Hemispheres included?

Apparently only the intro

Prog Doctor
Feb 28, 2010
I was not expecting Cygnus X-1 at all, so that's a sweet surprise. But I'm disappointed that they're not playing at least one song from every album. Nothing from TFE, and they jump from GUP to RTB?

But if the past is anything to go by, they usually rotate about two songs in and out of the setlist every few shows, so hopefully a couple more gems find their way in during the tour. And I'm assuming at some point they'll film for a DVD.

Prog Doctor fucked around with this message at 18:02 on May 9, 2015

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Prog Doctor posted:

I was not expecting Cygnus X-1 at all, so that's a sweet surprise. But I'm disappointed that they're not playing at least one song from every album. Nothing from TFE, and they jump from GUP to RTB?

But if the past is anything to go by, they usually rotate about two songs in and out of the setlist every few shows, so hopefully a couple more gems find their way in during the tour. And I'm assuming at some point they'll film for a DVD.

Well, it looks like the set list will vary, because the next show has a few different songs, including the first performance of How It Is.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Liveposting from the Austin concert. The dryers are back!

E: "I feel bad for swearing at that puppet."

Edward Mass fucked around with this message at 05:14 on May 17, 2015

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

CaptainYesterday posted:

Liveposting from the Austin concert. The dryers are back!

E: "I feel bad for swearing at that puppet."

Twas a great show. How close were you? I was in the floor section myself.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

VH4Ever posted:

Twas a great show. How close were you? I was in the floor section myself.

I was WAY back up. Near the top of the amphitheater.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Just got back from the DC show. The crowd was singing along with every song.

If this wasn't the best concert I ever attended, it's definitely tied for the top spot!

Cloud3514
May 28, 2015
I've seen Rush twice. I doubt I'll see them on R40, but I would love to see them one more time before they retire.

EDIT: Also, it doesn't help that Chicago is the only place I could even feasibly make it to see them... and I work that day.

Cloud3514 fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Jun 5, 2015

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
Isn't this pretty much their final tour?

Cloud3514
May 28, 2015

internet inc posted:

Isn't this pretty much their final tour?

It's possible, but considering how "final" most established bands' "final tours" are, I think it's more likely this is their last big tour and will probably slow down since they've been more or less touring non-stop for years now.

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe
I went to the show in Buffalo last night, and it was pretty amazing. It was also my first Rush concert, so it was a memorable night. Whoever said it feels more like theatre than a concert, was spot-on. Still worth the money, though.

Imagine Party Babyz
Apr 5, 2004

Ron and Fez Show, Peez Howd.
I was at the Buffalo show, and It made me feel like a little cry baby.. My mom bought me Caress of Steel and Hemispheres right about when she was diagnosed with stage 3 pancreatic cancer.. Just hearing Cygnus & prelude turned me into a blubbering mess..

Edit: I wanted the Necromancer or Fountain of Lamneth, but I realized Geddy was stressing his voice on Cygnus..

Imagine Party Babyz fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jun 14, 2015

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Yeah, there's some stuff that's just not doable anymore---I remember watching the DVD of the Snakes and Arrows tour and Circumstances was just not very good. I got off lucky, in that that wasn't in the setlist the night I saw that tour, so the night was solid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Just got back from the local show. Xanadu live with the Moog and the double necks was a highlight, absolutely brilliant. That was worth the (absurd) price of admission.

• Locked thread