Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Haha I'm watching streams and I'm so glad that I can play single player. I wish that, somehow a smart designer or developer would come up with a way or reason or something that kept multiplayer survival games from just devolving into running around naked punching everything in the face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Reason posted:

Haha I'm watching streams and I'm so glad that I can play single player. I wish that, somehow a smart designer or developer would come up with a way or reason or something that kept multiplayer survival games from just devolving into running around naked punching everything in the face.

I can see in the beginning how it's like that, everyone spawns near eachother and stuff. you ahve like 36km2 to explore though, plus the underground and under water so hopefully it spreads out.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

There are pubbies already crying about being kos'd already on the steam forums and how raiding is immoral. :shrug:

loving with these guys is going to be the best source of tears.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

TwatHammer posted:

There are pubbies already crying about being kos'd already on the steam forums and how raiding is immoral. :shrug:

loving with these guys is going to be the best source of tears.

Riding a herd of raptors onto the beach and wrecking pubs is going to be cool and good. Or carrying them off over the ocean and dropping them to drown.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Riding a herd of raptors onto the beach and wrecking pubs is going to be cool and good. Or carrying them off over the ocean and dropping them to drown.

From what i've seen via streams is that you can drag people you've knocked out into the water and let them drown. You can possibly over-encumber them so they cant get out of the water to not drown.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Lirik headshotting people with the slingshot is hilarious.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

Seems a slingshot to the head is a insta KO

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

TwatHammer posted:

From what i've seen via streams is that you can drag people you've knocked out into the water and let them drown. You can possibly over-encumber them so they cant get out of the water to not drown.

Yeah, but I'm thinking snatching up (geared) pubbies with the flying dinosaurs and dropping them hopelessly far from shore.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
I wonder how long it's going to take for people to get to level 47ish so they are able to even make the saddle for the flyers. Also the parachute is a low level easy to make item that will soon become as standard as a pickaxe for active servers.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

Anyone got any plans for grouping up when this actually goes on sale? Nothing more fun than smashing pubbies with other goons.

Raioner
Mar 28, 2006

Strotski posted:

Jurassic Pork
Poop Squad
Goon Poop
I got nothing :effort:

Fake edit: Goon server will be up in a few hours by the name of "RAPTOR EXPLOSION: SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST" or by the ip 63.251.20.193
Just like RoK gonna advertise it everywhere I can, so we have a lot of pubs

Here you go Twat. heh.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

Oh neat. thanks. Must have missed that.

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

Givin posted:

I wonder how long it's going to take for people to get to level 47ish so they are able to even make the saddle for the flyers. Also the parachute is a low level easy to make item that will soon become as standard as a pickaxe for active servers.

i dunno but you can tame and ride trex

thats loving cool. On second thought, riding a trex will just make you a bigger target

Raioner
Mar 28, 2006

Is there a limit to the number of dino's you can have? cause I want to recreate the scene from Jurassic Park where the little foot tall dino's eat that dude.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

Raioner posted:

Is there a limit to the number of dino's you can have? cause I want to recreate the scene from Jurassic Park where the little foot tall dino's eat that dude.

I dont think there is a limit to how many you can tame, but more of a how to keep them all fed type of thing.

Strotski
Dec 29, 2013

quote:

The entire team is working on getting ARK up on Steam, it will be ready shortly! Hang on tight!
https://twitter.com/survivetheark/status/605845076204331009

Delamore
Jan 11, 2008

Monocle Man
Going to play dino-rust if it comes up tonight, streams made it look pretty hilarious

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

The streams have made it abundantly clear that im going to enjoy the living gently caress out of this game, very much so like legacy rust.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

TwatHammer posted:

The streams have made it abundantly clear that im going to enjoy the living gently caress out of this game, very much so like legacy rust.

What's wrong with new Rust?

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

Nothing wrong with new rust at all. Last time i played rust is what is now legacy. Its probably just as fun now as it was back then but never got around to playing it again.

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!
nice, 5 hours later and still no game

minchar
Feb 10, 2013

Early Access Game that was unknown until a few weeks ago with 120k people watching on twitch. These people are marketing wizards. These servers are going to blow up so badly when EA starts.

Raioner
Mar 28, 2006

Yea.... I don't think playing today will be possible at all.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

minchar posted:

Early Access Game that was unknown until a few weeks ago with 120k people watching on twitch. These people are marketing wizards. These servers are going to blow up so badly when EA starts.

I want to believe they played this smart and kept their mouths shut until they had a solid foundation with sufficient content, because that's what I think I'm seeing. They seem to have run into the inevitable issue of not having adequately prepared for release, though.

E: It might be coming soon? Servers are shutting down.

LuciferMorningstar fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jun 2, 2015

Strotski
Dec 29, 2013

http://www.twitch.tv/anti1460
Fake "q/a with devs of ARK", pretty good entertainment

Strotski
Dec 29, 2013

It's out, making a server as I type this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w-58hQ9dLk

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

Its out.

Monowhatever
Mar 19, 2010

I hope they post a break down of money made in the first hour/day. It'll be a pretty cool breakdown to see

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
gently caress every one of you

gently caress you all. every last little fucker, every loving little bitch alive with your nerd glasses and bacon flavoured suspenders, I'm going to buy this loving poo poo right loving now and it's all your fault you tiny dicked little turds.

im fuckin weak

go gently caress YOURSELVES

minchar
Feb 10, 2013

New Dino Dossier (sort of? no text on this one)

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

I'm out
For this game, see you on the server goons.

Monowhatever
Mar 19, 2010

minchar posted:

Really hoping these guys crawl on the walls and ceiling of the caves not to mention having a swarm of them tamed to hunt people down

PYROxSYCO
May 14, 2015

minchar posted:

I hate spiders let's hope they add Raid or a close second.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

I'll see you all on the server in a couple of hours. Slow download speed here.
Then i'll be completely up for getting smashed in the back of the head by other goons.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Re: Spiders - Apparently the glowy floating obelisks can be used to summon boss-type monsters, one of which is a spider. I'm not saying that's necessarily what that dossier is describing, but... Maybe?

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
This is a weird loving game, i'm gonna play it

you can't stop me

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
That's correct for what I saw on stream yesterday. You walk up to the center of the obelisk and if you have enough reagents you can summon a boss monster.

Reagents are like Megaladon teeth and T-Rex arms.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

I thought those obelisks were similar to rust airdrops and gave you loot if you walked up and opened it. Boss spawns are pretty cool too.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
Dinosaurs are so loving cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!

Rexicon1 posted:

Dinosaurs are so loving cool