Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Thump! posted:

Is anyone else not able to log onto RSSC at all? Tonight and last night it has given me this and bumped me back to Story Mode:

Social Club logs in automatically when I start the game up, but then when I'm in and attempting to open it through the game it gives me this:

I feel like the thread title is taking me for a ride now :(

Weird. A bunch of goons are online now. Try loading into story mode first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
I'm having a ton of funky issues, no lockon alert, getting dinged for insurance even on bounties, bounties not paying out after I kill someone and getting frozen in the swing animation while holding a hammer.

Tonight is like buggy loving shity mess, sucks since I was hoping to get some money for an armored karuma tonight.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Question: Does anyone have a site with a list of locked content? Specifically I am trying to find out what is locked away from PC users if they didn't own a lastgen version of the game, and also, what might be locked behind story missions (if anything is).

Every bit of info I've found is mixed with unnecessary crap, flame wars over what's accurate, or a sales pitch in the case of Rockstar's list.

Also I saw on the previous page that using the mod to restore that content is apparently safe? Can anyone confirm that it's been fine? I just want my drat Dukes.

Floppychop posted:

Trying to complete Prison Break with pubbies is something I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemy.

I pulled it off once but at the end I got on the beach and had to basically wait for nearly 15 minutes for them to lose their loving star rating.

It's a miracle it happened at all.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jun 3, 2015

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

Blazing Ownager posted:

Question: Does anyone have a site with a list of locked content? Specifically I am trying to find out what is locked away from PC users if they didn't own a lastgen version of the game, and also, what might be locked behind story missions (if anything is).

Every bit of info I've found is mixed with unnecessary crap, flame wars over what's accurate, or a sales pitch in the case of Rockstar's list.

Also I saw on the previous page that using the mod to restore that content is apparently safe? Can anyone confirm that it's been fine? I just want my drat Dukes.

I pulled it off once but at the end I got on the beach and had to basically wait for nearly 15 minutes for them to lose their loving star rating.

It's a miracle it happened at all.

It's Duke of Death I think and a few painted cars like Massacro I believe

Edit: Duke of Death spawning sets it on fire though and if anyone knows of a bypass that would be great if not then it's something I'd have to try myself. At least it shows that Cockstar knows how to handle SOME stuff and less incompetent.

theguybro fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jun 3, 2015

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

What a rude person

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
You can actually call people on the phone :eyepop:

I thought it was gonna be some lame dialogue box or automatically go to busy, but it actually works

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

theguybro posted:

Weird. A bunch of goons are online now. Try loading into story mode first

I tried that. I may try reinstalling the game to see if that does the trick :cripes:

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

Thump! posted:

I tried that. I may try reinstalling the game to see if that does the trick :cripes:

Holy poo poo 60 gigs of reinstall and then a 400mb patch that takes even longer to install than the 60gb. Hope you got this on disc

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

theguybro posted:

Edit: Duke of Death spawning sets it on fire though and if anyone knows of a bypass that would be great if not then it's something I'd have to try myself. At least it shows that Cockstar knows how to handle SOME stuff and less incompetent.

What about the regular Dukes?

I can't buy one from the store, but people who came from PS3/360 can. However, I've seen conflicting information that states the Dukes is unlocked in a single player mission.

If things are locked that way I can't find a checklist. It's driving me nuts.

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

Blazing Ownager posted:

I can't buy one from the store, but people who came from PS3/360 can. However, I've seen conflicting information that states the Dukes is unlocked in a single player mission.

The dukes work in singleplayer, even DoD but in MP the DoD will just go on fire as soon as you get in. Regular Duke won't do that. If any goon is kind enough to spawn a few DoD's for me in the next hour or two that would be cool. I want to try and find a workaround for this fuckery

Edit: Here are the last gen vehicles:

submersible2 = Kraken

duke regular

dod = (Duke O'Death)

buffalo =(Sprunk Buffalo)

dominator = (Pisswasser Dominator)

dodo

marshall = dunno

blimp = (Xero Blimp)

gauntlet = (Redwood Gauntlet)

stalion

stalion1 = (Burger Shot Stallion)

blista0 = (Blista Compact)

blista1 = (Go Go Monkey Blista)

Enjoy

Edit2: disregard this 2nd edit

Edit3: I just re-read and forgot to answer. I don't know about the story mode thing when they unlock but I do know spawning DoD in SP works and won't go paki on you whereas in online it does the whole "i blow u up" poo poo. I don't know if what I posted (the list of vehicles) is what you're looking for.

theguybro fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Jun 3, 2015

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

:laffo: That's me! In my defense you probably had a bounty on you.

EDIT: Wait no, that was when you wanted to do a one-on-one deathmatch. You're welcome.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

What's the best way to get levels quickly? I need gold cars and I need them now.

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003

VulgarandStupid posted:

What's the best way to get levels quickly? I need gold cars and I need them now.

Grind missions solo in a Kuruma. It's really boring but it's effective.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

theguybro posted:

I wonder why the Kuruma and Insurgent is perfectly fine, but the Duke of Death is just ~*too OP*~ or whatever.

Honestly I'd rather take it over the Kuruma so I can be all WITNESS ME as I explode en route to Valhalla :perfect:

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

kaxman posted:

I'm not even 100 yet, I'm in the 80s. You have more health, you take less damage from falling/melee/getting hit by cars. You have armor and can carry extras. You can actually take some punishment versus being made of tissue paper and being allowed to equip a sliver of armor. I think the difference is pretty marked.

You have more health, but you take the same damage from falls/melee/getting hit by cars. It seems like you take less because you have more HP. You have armor and can carry extras which is pretty useless in a fight against any competent human because the TTK in this game is really, really short. Even with full life you die in literally .1 seconds to a combat shotgun and only a second or so and most ranges to a competent AR that can be bought at level 1 if you work up some cash.

I can play my level 5 character and have no problems at all murdering the piss out of people.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Capn Beeb posted:

I wonder why the Kuruma and Insurgent is perfectly fine, but the Duke of Death is just ~*too OP*~ or whatever.

Honestly I'd rather take it over the Kuruma so I can be all WITNESS ME as I explode en route to Valhalla :perfect:

It sucks that both the new pack out next week and "part 2" coming over the summer both look to be stupid bling poo poo rather than something interesting.

Hopefully someone does a full mad max conversion pack with karuma style armor for every car and big exhaust pipes and spikes and stuff.

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

Powershift posted:

It sucks that both the new pack out next week and "part 2" coming over the summer both look to be stupid bling poo poo rather than something interesting.

Hopefully someone does a full mad max conversion pack with karuma style armor for every car and big exhaust pipes and spikes and stuff.

Im not sure but I think that it would require .rpf modding to do the karuma style armor for every car and big exhaust pipes and spikes and stuff. Doing that would disable playing online with us for you though.

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003
I've heard from multiple places that increasing the strength stat reduces the damage you take from survivable falls and my experience matches up. I haven't gotten in many fistfights but supposedly it reduces that damage as well. Yes, point-blank assault shotgun is going to have pretty much the lowest TTK that isn't being instantly killed.

Still, a very low level gets killed by say a three-round burst from a cop that hits them, and a high level player doesn't and that is a meaningful difference in missions and heists. It's less of a deal in PVP but if you're telling me there's no real difference between bringing a level 10 to a heist versus a level 100 then I dunno what to tell you.

Snacks also seem to be percentage based so, if they are, they're also scaling in power as you level up.

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

kaxman posted:

I've heard from multiple places that increasing the strength stat reduces the damage you take from survivable falls and my experience matches up. I haven't gotten in many fistfights but supposedly it reduces that damage as well. Yes, point-blank assault shotgun is going to have pretty much the lowest TTK that isn't being instantly killed.

Still, a very low level gets killed by say a three-round burst from a cop that hits them, and a high level player doesn't and that is a meaningful difference in missions and heists. It's less of a deal in PVP but if you're telling me there's no real difference between bringing a level 10 to a heist versus a level 100 then I dunno what to tell you.

Snacks also seem to be percentage based so, if they are, they're also scaling in power as you level up.

That's because when the health stat goes up you start with 200 hp (no health stats) and go up to 328 when you have the full 5 bars. For some reason Cockstar made it this way, oh and when you get to 100 hp you die lol what the gently caress R*

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

theguybro posted:

Found a new way to grief people who are "recording videos to report you to rockstar". This is the perfect solution.

I hope they enjoy recording black screens of full of alerts.

I was used in many ways this evening.

Some may call it being a lab rat, others, whoring.

Since I was handsomely rewarded, it is likely the latter.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Blazing Ownager posted:

It's exclusive to returning players. That random file that flips the switch should do the trick. It wouldn't be unlocked in a SP mission. I haven't played enough SP to even get Trevor and I can buy the Dukes.(returning player)

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.

kaxman posted:

if you're telling me there's no real difference between bringing a level 10 to a heist versus a level 100 then I dunno what to tell you.

I'm not sure anyone said this.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Starhawk64 posted:

We still doing that classic car rally? Just bought myself a Casco.

Hell yeah. Let's do this tomorrow. I have a few ideas for courses. I'll say mumble around 830 est.

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

hagie posted:

I was used in many ways this evening.

Some may call it being a lab rat, others, whoring.

Since I was handsomely rewarded, it is likely the latter.

Im sorry! I am having too much fun with this thing now I need to stop, I seriously can't believe they'd allow this poo poo to work.

Edit: I got a lot of poo poo fixed up in my thingy within the last few hours.

Edit2: I have it working where cars don't throw you out when you're in water. You can drive them but extremely slowly until you get out of the water. Then your car drives like it normally would.
The problem with this is that the car is still "destroyed" after doing this so even though you can still use it as if it isn't you have to call Mors to get it back in the event you decide to get out of it.
Also, if you flip over you can't fix that. I need to try to do something about that.
Hopefully this will allow me to finally drive the DoD. If not, I'm out of ideas until further notice.

theguybro fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jun 3, 2015

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

ninjahedgehog posted:

:laffo: That's me! In my defense you probably had a bounty on you.

EDIT: Wait no, that was when you wanted to do a one-on-one deathmatch. You're welcome.

Yep! Thanks for the deathmatch and the .gif opprotunity~

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

theguybro posted:

Im sorry! I am having too much fun with this thing now I need to stop, I seriously can't believe they'd allow this poo poo to work.

Edit: I got a lot of poo poo fixed up in my thingy within the last few hours.

Edit2: I have it working where cars don't throw you out when you're in water. You can drive them but extremely slowly until you get out of the water. Then your car drives like it normally would.
The problem with this is that the car is still "destroyed" after doing this so even though you can still use it as if it isn't you have to call Mors to get it back in the event you decide to get out of it.
Also, if you flip over you can't fix that. I need to try to do something about that.
Hopefully this will allow me to finally drive the DoD. If not, I'm out of ideas until further notice.

If you get DoD working online you'll be my best drat friend :h:

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

T1g4h posted:

If you get DoD working online you'll be my best drat friend :h:

Would you be able to get it spawned for me so we can test some things out with that poo poo later?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

theguybro posted:

Would you be able to get it spawned for me so we can test some things out with that poo poo later?

I can get it in singleplayer, but no clue how to go about glitching it to multi :v:

Hit me up tomorrow afternoon and we'll tool around and try to get it working. I'm about to zonk out here shortly.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

If anyone is bored, try my race out. I should have left the other car class options available for testing, but I forgot to.
http://rsg.ms/bff470c

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

VulgarandStupid posted:

If anyone is bored, try my race out. I should have left the other car class options available for testing, but I forgot to.
http://rsg.ms/bff470c

Are you on PC? I'll do this race with you right now if you want. Add me on SC - stopitb

Ok, more informations off topic: If you get money spawned on you, try not to deposit all of it at once (if you even do decide to bank it). Cockstar doesn't like anything being deposited over 100k. I seriously don't know why that's the case considering on PS3 I never banked poo poo until I was in like the 6 digits so that's weird.

You won't get banned or in trouble if you deposit ALL of it but from what I seen Cockstar does this little thing where they flag it depending on how much you deposited. Anything up to 15 mil at once should be "ok" but anything over that much I'd suggest doing in 100k deposits.

theguybro fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Jun 3, 2015

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003

TheDarkFlame posted:

I'm not sure anyone said this.

Wow really, you're not sure? Stunning. I wonder if that's why I prefaced my statement with "if."

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

kaxman posted:

Wow really, you're not sure? Stunning. I wonder if that's why I prefaced my statement with "if."

I'd rather a level 10 in my heist than a level 100 because a level 10 actually listens to poo poo and doesn't force people to freeze them in place til next objective, so you're welcome here any time.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

theguybro posted:

Are you on PC? I'll do this race with you right now if you want. Add me on SC - stopitb

Ok, more informations off topic: If you get money spawned on you, try not to deposit all of it at once (if you even do decide to bank it). Cockstar doesn't like anything being deposited over 100k. I seriously don't know why that's the case considering on PS3 I never banked poo poo until I was in like the 6 digits so that's weird.

You won't get banned or in trouble if you deposit ALL of it but from what I seen Cockstar does this little thing where they flag it depending on how much you deposited. Anything up to 15 mil at once should be "ok" but anything over that much I'd suggest doing in 100k deposits.

We're already RSC friends but I gotta go to bed. Hopefully I can test it with a bunch of goons tomorrow.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

kaxman posted:

Grind missions solo in a Kuruma. It's really boring but it's effective.

I would do this, but I have come to find out that a lot of missions are simply way too easy to do solo. So far I think the best mission I have found to do Solo is Defender since there really is no way to speed it up.

At this point, its fun to play contact missions with pubbies because I find it kind of fun to improvise when other people gently caress up and they inevitably will. Every once in a while, you get a good group that you can do strings of missions with.

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003
The question was "how can I level up fast?" and the fastest way I've found is grinding missions solo. Literally the entire point is that they are braindead easy.

theguybro posted:

I'd rather a level 10 in my heist than a level 100 because a level 10 actually listens to poo poo and doesn't force people to freeze them in place til next objective, so you're welcome here any time.

This is a really dumb thing to say.

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

kaxman posted:

The question was "how can I level up fast?" and the fastest way I've found is grinding missions solo. Literally the entire point is that they are braindead easy.

This is a really dumb thing to say.

You'll agree with me once you have enough people try to gently caress up heists you've paid for.

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003

theguybro posted:

You'll agree with me once you have enough people try to gently caress up heists you've paid for.

You don't know me like you think you do.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

level has nothing to do with intelligence or cooperation.

If a dude thinks he's Rambo, he's gonna run in shooting whether he's level 10 or 100.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

kaxman posted:

You don't know me like you think you do.

and that puts me in the biggest loss of my life

• Locked thread