Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Not Today Satan
Apr 18, 2007

vaginadeathgrip posted:

Also I made her this horrible thing and she has to come back to LA so I can give it to her

This is so awesome!

I haven't been keeping up with the social media trends but it doesn't surprise me at all that Pearl is ahead. I'm pretty much over Ginger; loved her at first but then her old lady habits got annoying. Here's hoping next season will be more entertaining and less canned drama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
My wife and i just caught up with the show this past weekend after watching the first couple episodes when they aired. We haven't been watching untucked, so maybe that's why, but we're both actually team ginger. Why does everybody dislike her so much?

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

BIG BOY EXPO 2K posted:

Why does everybody dislike her so much?

quote:

We haven't been watching untucked

There you go.

They're portraying her as a bitter old queen.

Midnight Sun
Jun 25, 2007

Fantastisk, you're right, season 1 isn't there any more. Strange, I was watching it this Saturday. Oh well, time to check out season 4 again. :)

Fantastisk
May 19, 2011

After a long night of hooking, trade didn't like the session, so he had gutted me and set me on fire, but, you know, I didn't die. I had crystallized, and now I'm a glamazon bitch ready for the runway.

BIG BOY EXPO 2K posted:

My wife and i just caught up with the show this past weekend after watching the first couple episodes when they aired. We haven't been watching untucked, so maybe that's why, but we're both actually team ginger. Why does everybody dislike her so much?

CaptainScraps posted:

There you go.

They're portraying her as a bitter old queen.

Pretty much. In Untucked, she makes a lot of excuses ("I can't sew!" "I can't dance!"), looks down on the younger queens for being inexperienced, tries to instigate drama, and is generally portrayed as bitter. It's a shame, because she generally seems pretty cool.
Also, you should go watch Untucked right now, if only for the Katya/Ginger smoke break hijinks. :allears:

In other news, I got my Katya Metal Queen T-shirt in the mail today! :neckbeard:

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?

Fantastisk posted:

Pretty much. In Untucked, she makes a lot of excuses ("I can't sew!" "I can't dance!"), looks down on the younger queens for being inexperienced, tries to instigate drama, and is generally portrayed as bitter. It's a shame, because she generally seems pretty cool.

I found this the most distasteful about the last full episode. Ginger and Kennedy putting on their makeup and telling Violet and Pearl how inexperienced and unprofessional they were. As if it is at all professional or mature to talk down to someone who appears to be minding their own business.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames
I think part of the Ginger irritation is that, at least imo, she seems to be political - like she was thinking about her edit the entire time. The stuff that she'd keep on saying like "I used to think you're a stuck up bitch but then I met the real you yadda yadda" to Trixie, Pearl, Violet etc, and then even after that not really changing how she interacted with them felt super off.

With the stuff graynull talks about in the last episode ... you can basically see Ginger click and realize how she'll be viewed in this fight and she tries to change it.

I think there are good moments with her, mainly the parts when she's out smoking and hanging with Katya, but she does seem willing to be a drama-stirrer and then abruptly switches to "but I LOVE YOU" at a drop of a hat. It's probably a bit of editing too.

Really Untucked is the main reason I think Ginger will probably lose to Violet. I'm not sure they'd show someone being that mean (and not in a Bianca mean way) who'd still win the crown?

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
This is interesting. Now logo's going to rebroadcast the best season (Season 4) with commentary from the queens.

http://www.newnownext.com/rupaul-br...d_facebook_rpdr

God I hope willam narrates. But poo poo. Latrice Royale, Willam, Chad Michaels, and Sharon talking about all the poo poo backstage? Yes, please.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

CaptainScraps posted:

God I hope willam narrates.

Willam would spill all the T. No way WOW would let him anywhere near Season 4 at this point.

But I'd like to be proven wrong.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
LOGO TV: We've got one show

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

It's time! Go Katya... oh wait... :argh:

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

angerbeet posted:

LOGO TV: We've got one show

Still better than most networks.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Pinwiz11 posted:

It's time! Go Katya... oh wait... :argh:
I actually have to wait until Wednesday (my friends made me promise not to watch it until we could all get together) so I'm going completely blank on all the medias, but I'm going to pretend it's going to be like the last shot in Lords of Salem, as Katya stands triumphant upon a pile of dead drag queens while "All Tomorrow's Parties" by The Velvet Underground blasts in the background while strobe lights go off.

Ru, there is still time to make this happen.

the popular kids
Dec 27, 2010

Time for some thrilling heroics.
I'm so glad is was Violet. She was my second choice after Katya.... her outfits have always been on loving POINT.

Yay :3

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

That fakeout. I wish I hadn't read the spoiler about it a week ago though.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Loved Bianca's makeup.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

That fakeout was unfortunately the best part of a really dull season. Does Violet actually like... do anything?

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I believe it was the great American painter Bob Ross who said, "The key to a swollen vagina is... courage."
The reveal when Ru said Katya's name I almost fainted. That was a mean fakeout. I really thought something was going to happen. :mad: So glad that K a t y a ~~~~~ won MC though.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
The top three each released a music video today:

Pearl- Love Slave

Ginger Minj- Ooh Lala Lala

:nws: Violet Chachki- Bettie :nws:

:eyepop::eyepop::eyepop:

Violet wins twice in one day

Fantastisk
May 19, 2011

After a long night of hooking, trade didn't like the session, so he had gutted me and set me on fire, but, you know, I didn't die. I had crystallized, and now I'm a glamazon bitch ready for the runway.
YESSS. Well deserved. I said earlier that I didn't care who won, but I'm really happy with the result.

I really liked the finalists' lipsyncs and that the songs were made for them. Perfect, really.

Raere posted:

That fakeout. I wish I hadn't read the spoiler about it a week ago though.

Yeah, same. I went into "Katya got eliminated and I dont care about any of the other queens so I don't give a poo poo anymore" mode and read all the spoilers. There was still a part of me that thought it might be real, though!

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Congratulations to Violet and Katya. I think Gnger will stand as a monument to the perils of ignoring the "Don't gently caress it up" mantra when her first interview question was 'do you regret being a bitch'

I think the catchphrase of the season is going to turn out to be "After a long night of hooking...", as "flazé daw" failed to capture the world's imagination and I cant remember another one as they spent so much time recycling the phrases of seasons past.

I hope now that they can do a high-stakes non-paired season of allstars and push someone's career into as near to mainstream as possible. The show really relies on past seasons contestants and it would be nice for that to really pay out for someone.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

shadow puppet of a posted:

Congratulations to Violet and Katya. I think Gnger will stand as a monument to the perils of ignoring the "Don't gently caress it up" mantra when her first interview question was 'do you regret being a bitch'

Yeah, I was actually surprised that Ru caught on to that.

I loved Ginger's response of, "Well, I'm from the south. That's just how we are." As a northerner who moved to the south 6 years ago, it's still shocking the level of shade that people will throw at each other. You just don't say those things in the north!

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Well, a friend blew it for me, so I would like to point out that after crowing the entire season about how Ru was clearly aiming for the first big girl win, crowning the tiniest waist in Drag Race herstery is delicious enough it might justify crowning someone who, while having changed throughout the season for the better, is still a pretty gross human being.

I mean, girl deserved it out of the three the most, I can't deny it. But I just can't imagine a scenario where $100,000 and a crown doesn't turn Violet into the worst demon.

Screw season 1, this has now become the lost season.

(it might just be. The general consensus seems to be digging it well enough.)

Elucidarius
Oct 14, 2006

caligulamprey posted:

Well, a friend blew it for me, so I would like to point out that after crowing the entire season about how Ru was clearly aiming for the first big girl win, crowning the tiniest waist in Drag Race herstery is delicious enough it might justify crowning someone who, while having changed throughout the season for the better, is still a pretty gross human being.

I mean, girl deserved it out of the three the most, I can't deny it.But I just can't imagine a scenario where $100,000 and a crown doesn't turn Violet into the worst demon.

Screw season 1, this has now become the lost season.

(it might just be. The general consensus seems to be digging it well enough.)

How do you figure that? I don't see that happening with her. I think she's self aware enough to not have that happen.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Bianca warming up the crowd before the show last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_g3mUKTeTzU

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames
Glad Violet won the crown and brought it home to Atlanta at least just to make this hilarious.

I think Ginger losing in the end will actually work out well for her. The other queens seem to really like her and she'll do well in the circuit - especially since what she did wasn't terrible compared to past villains or boring people who have faded away. I could see her doing a Battle of the Seasons, cracking some jokes and everyone will be good.

Not Today Satan
Apr 18, 2007

I think there's always that competition aspect that turns certain people into a villain of sorts. I imagine outside of this show she's probably a lovely Southern person who will tell you she loves your dress and then turn around and roll her eyes after like some of my southern aunts do.

To be fair, it seems like Katya really was a grounding point for her during the show and when she got eliminated Ginger didn't have that social support to kind of filter her or talk her down. With that being said, I don't hate her I just don't condone her angst towards the nonpagent queens. Seems like discounting the validity of someone's drag will only be a downfall rather than anything else.

Anyone want to talk about how rachet Max looked at the reunion? Wtf was that look, Drop Dead Fred at age 70?

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.
Well that was a finale.

At least Katya got Miss Congeniality. What an underwhelming season all around. I hope they get better with the next season.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

FadedReality posted:

The top three each released a music video today:

Pearl- Love Slave

Ginger Minj- Ooh Lala Lala

:nws: Violet Chachki- Bettie :nws:

:eyepop::eyepop::eyepop:

Violet wins twice in one day

pearls just makes me think of the Pinot noir music video from the unbreakable kimmy schmidt and I can't stop laughing it's so terrible and nonsensical

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Mouse Dresser posted:

Well that was a finale.

At least Katya got Miss Congeniality. What an underwhelming season all around. I hope they get better with the next season.

I actually stopped watching and read a book halfway through the finale. Maybe I'll finish it tonight. :saddowns:

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
The best part of this season was seeing the slightly chunky always funky Latrice Royal in the finale. :)

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

Yodzilla posted:

I actually stopped watching and read a book halfway through the finale. Maybe I'll finish it tonight. :saddowns:

I fast-forwarded through easily 85% of it. I watched the entrances, Katya, Miss Congeniality, and the crowning.

gays fashion
Dec 28, 2012

It's beyond me why they didn't incorporate the Bianca and Haus of Edwards warm-up routines, since they were far more entertaining than the actual show.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
The WOWPresents YouTube put out bonus clips for every single Untucked episode today. Seeing a little more behind the scenes is interesting but they really are just short clips. They also reinforced how mega shady Ginger is.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Perfect.

It might be worth losing the crown just for this art:

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Violet was good.

Just not $100,000 good.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Eh, Ginger? Pearl?

I'm just calling it a gas leak season and following the rumors about All Stars 2 - there's some vague indication it's happening, if you align the planets and some queen's dance calenders just right, plus I guess there's a page from the distributor suggesting 14 episodes available - so 8 new episodes.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Elucidarius posted:

How do you figure that? I don't see that happening with her. I think she's self aware enough to not have that happen.
To me, it just feels like crowning Violet could lead her into confirming for herself every move that she had made was the correct decision rather than reflecting on how she was received in the front half of the season and how she can continue to better herself.

But I never warmed up to her, so I haven't been following Violet's social media stuff. Maybe she's changed for the better, but I wouldn't be surprised if she got a whole lot worse.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Violet's very much a white Tyra Sanchez, what happened to Tyra after she won

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Ironic Twist posted:

Violet's very much a white Tyra Sanchez, what happened to Tyra after she won

I think she left drag for a while to try and be a better father to her son, and she became disillusioned with all the hate she took from her appearance on drag race. I hear she doesn't do much drag these days.

• Locked thread