Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

DrVenkman posted:

It's not bad, there's some things there that are entirely too nitpicky at times. But they already lost me when they claimed that JP3 is better.

It's absolutely better but like 2 is more than 0.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

JP3 is like half a movie. It just kind of stops.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

egon_beeblebrox posted:

JP3 is like half a movie. It just kind of stops.

Which is what 2 should have done.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Even after reading the Wikipedia page for JP3 I still remember none of it. I can remember bits of JP2. That's how much worse 2 is.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

weekly font posted:

It's absolutely better but like 2 is more than 0.

Even Spielberg sleepwalking, and supposedly not directing all of it, turned in something more memorable than JP3. Lost World is no great shakes, and has some awful moments, but it has a handful of great sequences.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

JP3 is mediocre at worst. And the pterodactyl scene is pretty fun. JP2 is just plain bad.

Nothing can redeem that gymnastics scene in JP2. Nothing.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I still get surprised when they drop references like "hunting him down like Lili Taylor in I Shot Andy Warhol".

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

I just absolutely lost it at work over the out-of-left-field conflation with "Do the Right Thing" in the Nukie episode, so this is as good a time as any to thank this thread for introducing me to the podcast. The cast's film knowledge (and the absence of bad guests) really elevates this over HDTGM.

For anyone else just starting in, I recommend Jack Frost and Mrs. Doubtfire as great places to begin.

Leatherhead fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jun 2, 2015

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
So is it safe to say next weeks will be Stealth?
Also John Hammond as Brendan Gleeson in Gangs of New York.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Jun 2, 2015

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I never listen to HDTGM at all anymore because the WHM guys are way more "the kind of people I hang out with already". HDTGM is only ever as good as the jokes they write, because as far as I can tell Paul Scheer and Jason Mantzoukas are really annoying guys.

e: my listener request is Star Trek 5. I rewatched that last night because my girlfriend has never seen it and holy poo poo, it's just so hilarious in ways I never really caught before or had forgotten, like the Uhuru scene (you know which one)

precision fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jun 2, 2015

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

bobkatt013 posted:

Does the 10 year rule still apply for Listener Request Month? Because apparently he was also in A Million Ways to Die in the West.

But my money is on Stealth. I remember liking Stealth but I was also like 13 or 14 when I saw it so I wouldn't be shocked if it's garbage.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

PUGGERNAUT posted:

Does the 10 year rule still apply for Listener Request Month? Because apparently he was also in A Million Ways to Die in the West.

But my money is on Stealth. I remember liking Stealth but I was also like 13 or 14 when I saw it so I wouldn't be shocked if it's garbage.

I am almost positive it is and million ways to die in the west would be in worst of 2015, and his scene in Million was just a cameo as Django. If the 10 years is ignored Amazing Spider-man 2 is also possible.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

PUGGERNAUT posted:

It's not Listener Request it's Summer Blockbuster Extravaganza which, I believe, 10 year rule still applies to.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Coupon code: HATE :black101:

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

bobkatt013 posted:

Also John Hammond as Brendan Gleeson in Gangs of New York.

I don't know what you're talking about, Stealth is great! :george:

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Stealth really should have had cameos by Steve Guttenberg and Fisher Stevens.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
I really should've started listening to Blame It On Outer Space earlier, it's hilarious.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

LORD OF BUTT posted:

When do they do their Listener Request Month? I want them to do Punisher: War Zone.

They do them a bit randomly, but I'd expect the next one will be after the summer blockbuster month(s).

And JP2 took a well respected and beloved movie, and then flushed it. JP3 is just another bland adventure movie.

Heteroy
Mar 13, 2004

:fork::fork::fork:
Yam Slacker
It was long enough ago that I may have forgotten it being a real attempt at a blockbuster, but I seem to remember Stealth's marketing push was somewhat lukewarm. Like the studio focus tested it, realized they were sitting on cinematic garbage, but since there was that much money levied, it couldn't be completely dropped. It just sort of limped into theaters.

Whatever happened, it came across to me at the time as a brainless middling action film that looked perhaps a bit too shiny for how it was positioned.

Looking at Foxx's IMDB page, a lot of his recent output could be WHM material in terms of being bad movies, although I know they shy away from unfunny comedies for obvious reasons. I totally forgot Bait was a thing, although it's definitely not a blockbuster.

Also, on IMDB one of the plot keywords for Any Given Sunday is "male pubic hair". :wtc:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Heteroy posted:

It was long enough ago that I may have forgotten it being a real attempt at a blockbuster, but I seem to remember Stealth's marketing push was somewhat lukewarm. Like the studio focus tested it, realized they were sitting on cinematic garbage, but since there was that much money levied, it couldn't be completely dropped. It just sort of limped into theaters.

Whatever happened, it came across to me at the time as a brainless middling action film that looked perhaps a bit too shiny for how it was positioned.I

Looking at Foxx's IMDB page, a lot of his recent output could be WHM material in terms of being bad movies, although I know they shy away from unfunny comedies for obvious reasons. I totally forgot Bait was a thing, although it's definitely not a blockbuster.

Also, on IMDB one of the plot keywords for Any Given Sunday is "male pubic hair". :wtc:

If you go to jupin's letterbox page it is Stealth

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I saw Stealth in theaters, and that thing became a beautiful hate-watch in a hurry. Imagine if the same disregard for facts and reality from The Core was applied to aeronautics, ballistics, artificial intelligence, the Korean DMZ and music piracy of all goddamn things. I've been meaning to rewatch it lately, maybe this'll be my motivating excuse.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

bobkatt013 posted:

I am almost positive it is and million ways to die in the west would be in worst of 2015, and his scene in Million was just a cameo as Django. If the 10 years is ignored Amazing Spider-man 2 is also possible.

I want to call in Amazing Spider Man 2 with a caveat that comic book expert Steve Sadjak is present and accounted for during the discussion.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Scratchman Apoo posted:

I want to call in Amazing Spider Man 2 with a caveat that comic book expert Steve Sadjak is present and accounted for during the discussion.

It's probably not ASM2, but I remember someone said it was a stay tuned episode.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I'm calling in Punisher War Zone just because it's absolutely bugfuck crazy, bombed at the box office, and is a lot of fun. It'd also be nice to have a podcast just straight-up look at the movie, the HDTGM on it is almost more of a behind-the-scenes. :v:

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I'd want to request The Stupids. Ridiculous Tom Arnold movie with horrid CGI, a Christopher Lee cameo, and a very awkward racist scene that adds nothing to the plot.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

LORD OF BUTT posted:

I'm calling in Punisher War Zone just because it's absolutely bugfuck crazy, bombed at the box office, and is a lot of fun. It'd also be nice to have a podcast just straight-up look at the movie, the HDTGM on it is almost more of a behind-the-scenes. :v:
Please do this, I really want to hear their reaction to Punisher casually blowing up the random parkour dudes.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Hey, the more people call it in, the more likely they are to do it. :v:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Ah the Foodfight method.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
All good suggestions. I also want them to do The Master of Disguise because them dismantling terrible "family" movies are some of my favorite episodes and hoo boy is that a movie that is ugly and offensive on just about every narrarive, structural, and moral level.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Sleeveless posted:

All good suggestions. I also want them to do The Master of Disguise because them dismantling terrible "family" movies are some of my favorite episodes and hoo boy is that a movie that is ugly and offensive on just about every narrarive, structural, and moral level.

Hasn't Dana Carvey suffered enough?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

MisterBibs posted:

Hasn't Dana Carvey suffered enough?

NO

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Love Guru 2 for him!

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
I will keep calling in Death Wish 3 until they at the very least do any Death Wish movie.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Tomahawk posted:

I will keep calling in Death Wish 3 until they at the very least do any Death Wish movie.

Same, but with Howling 2

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

Sleeveless posted:

It's on Netflix! I rewatched it recently because I remembered liking the turtle club scene. It is nearly unwatchable.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Master of Disguise is completely unwatchable.

You know that podcast where the Australian guys watched Grown Ups 2 once a week for a year? Well now they're doing Sex and the City 2. If they do it a third time, they should do Master of Disguise. Unless it drives them to suicide.

fake edit: It's called "Worst Idea of All Time", which only cements that Master of Disguise is the movie they really should be doing.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

precision posted:

You know that podcast where the Australian guys watched Grown Ups 2 once a week for a year? Well now they're doing Sex and the City 2. If they do it a third time, they should do Master of Disguise. Unless it drives them to suicide.

fake edit: It's called "Worst Idea of All Time", which only cements that Master of Disguise is the movie they really should be doing.

Oh man do I have the blog for you

http://themasterofthemasterofdisguise.tumblr.com/

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

precision posted:

New Zealanders, aren't they?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Well how bad could it...

quote:

The best implication of seriously out there sex poo poo is the creepy minute long scene at the end where an executive of “Black Markebay” auction house asks Devlin about whether a Master of Disguise could dress up as Britney Spears and other “hot” celebrities. This sick gently caress even asks about his ability to dress up as the Olsen Twins who were just 16 at the time. THIS MOVIE IS PG AND A GROWN rear end MAN IS INQUIRING ABOUT HAVING A THREESOME WITH MAN ROLE PLAYING AS TWO SIXTEEN YEAR OLD GIRLS. These characters are animals whose robust sexual appetites can only be satiated with carnal knowledge found within the depths of our very being! They probably get down in ways that Michel Foucault couldn’t even fathom.

:yikes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

LORD OF BUTT posted:

I kind of hope this is not the case because I want to get a whole lot of people to call in and ask for a movie that they'll never do, and if they did select it I'd feel kind of bad for preventing someone else not getting their suggestion in.