Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

:rip: go town, get dat scum :rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:ghost: is this game still going, wow :ghost:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Dammit. I was so sure now i dont know what to do. :(

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

How many scum are probably left? Are we at lylo now?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Im not sure maybe 1, more likely two.

Wasnt there some additional deaths saying there might be an SK?

If there is its probably 1 scum and an sk left.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
If there was an SK he's been really loving restrained, which is odd - either that or thr SK is a lurker who keeps loving up the deadlines.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Epsilon Plus posted:

either that or thr SK is a lurker who keeps loving up the deadlines.

Given the deadline n3 got stretched out massively, it seems unlikely, as we had only one kill that night as well.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Good point.

After thinking the most likely explanation is that town got off some nightkills that were not claimed. A SK wouldn't hold off killing this many nights. If we had a jailer stopping it, they would have claimed when we had a night with just one kill.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Epsilon Plus posted:

Good point.

After thinking the most likely explanation is that town got off some nightkills that were not claimed. A SK wouldn't hold off killing this many nights. If we had a jailer stopping it, they would have claimed when we had a night with just one kill.

This makes no sense because we've had flips primarily with no masks, haven't we? If anyone has been killing people, they'd have to be alive.

I've been stupid busy and a lovely player this game. I am sorry. I am going to catch up tonight. I know I've said that before, but I'm gonna make some time.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Quidnose posted:

This makes no sense because we've had flips primarily with no masks, haven't we? If anyone has been killing people, they'd have to be alive.

... yesss, I'm saying that someone right now may be the nightvig or SK, and that someone else may have had a jailor mask?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Quid, seeing as it's probably LYLO, could you go into detail on this?

Quidnose posted:

Hey Somber is there a reason why I wasn't able to give you a mask last night

Quidnose posted:

Somber I keep trying to give you masks and it keeps failing, what's the deaaaallll

With a flipped enabler and wall monitor claiming back up enabler, I'd like to know your deal.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Mithross posted:

With a flipped enabler and wall monitor claiming back up enabler, I'd like to know your deal.

Holy poo poo, how did I miss this

Quid, explain

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Mithross posted:

I had one mask to give and I tried to give it to Somber twice. It didn't work.

This is an odd question to me since I gave you the mask N3. Were you not told it was from me? Have you used it?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Quidnose posted:

I had one mask to give and I tried to give it to Somber twice. It didn't work.

This is an odd question to me since I gave you the mask N3. Were you not told it was from me? Have you used it?

I was not told it was from you. I assumed it was, but wanted you to actually say so, not just blurt it out and give you a claim if something else had been going on.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

So with Quid and WM both having viable mask granting claims (quid gave me a mask, I am not scum. WM gave BN a mask, he was not scum. Enabler flip said "may target"), that leaves me with EP or CPig for today.

d1:

CapitalistPig posted:

I thought we were still joking with the WM/WWM thing so I guess thats over now

##unvote

Thought the WM/WWM thing was still a joke (it was)

CapitalistPig posted:

I pretty much agree if I'd have to say Mithross looks scummiest right now of everyone followed by Gulag (who always seems scummy to me so thats whatever)

##vote mithross

Four minutes later: voting me as scummiest for my part in that joke, which he just said he understood as a joke.

CapitalistPig posted:

That's believable . I feel a bit better about wallmon

Believes Wall monitors enabler claim

CapitalistPig posted:

BN: is giving terrible reasons to vote people (if even giving reasons at all) and is now, after lurking for a good portion of the game, asking questions and getting reads, but still isnt really explaining his votes or dropping real cases. Preferred lunch.

Mithross: Not really sure, I'd give him a pass because he's been sick , he did bus WWM pretty hardcore for no reason D1 if he's a scum so he has that going for him. Not going to vote.

EP: Suspicious, has had weird cases and comes across as scummy. would vote.

WM: Unsure still, has a believable claim but could be scum. would vote.

Quid: Probably town, wouldnt vote.

Foo: If anything maybe the SK MAYBE, might vote if it came down to no lynching or him.

So, I'd rather Lynch BN than anyone, followed by WM/EP.

Wall Monitor is his second lynch choice.

It's not a ton, but neither EP or CPig (or any of us, with Foo dead. RIP Foo) have all that much to go on

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

EP has less that stands out.

Epsilon Plus posted:

Also, just a brief point: it is possible but unlikely that Somber could be a scum godfather? We've had non-vanilla town and although I don't know enough about Hotline Miami's characters to really guess what the flavor would be, it's not mechanically impossible. I consider Somber town enough based on his content so far, but I just wanted to throw this out before we all get too far into talking confirmed town.

Epsilon Plus posted:

I'd like to state that I wouldn't raise the possibility of Somber being a godfather and then allow him to be killed, proving the flip. That would be the stupidest play imaginable. There's no possible scum team that would back me up on that.

Not that that affects you voting BN or no-dunking I guess.

You says this, but it doesn't scan. Why would it matter? You hedged enough when you brought up the possibility. Also, he did survive two nights as a confirmed town, until it was clear he'd been given a mask. If he'd died the night you brought it up, then it would have been the stupidest play. A couple nights later, it might be risky, but it's still killing someone you know has a power, since any enabler is going to target a confirmed town for sure.

I think CPig is the best way to go today.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

mafia edit/extension: I think CPig is the best way to go today, EP is suspicious, but I feel best about Pig.

Quid... I know I'm basing a lot on the fact Quid gave a townie a mask, but he really just has nothing else. He just keeps popping into the thread and asking for a summary. If he's playing a super lurky scum game, then he's calling attention to it himself, and doing so in a super cheap way. I'm going to believe he was busy, and if it was a scum lie, just vote him every game I play he gives that excuse from now on.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Thats all pretty stupid.

So you are saying i'm scum because of things I do in pretty much every game I'm in?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I wouldn't say it's stupid, per se.

Mithross, can you find anything even remotely scummy about Quidnose? Or are you thinking he's 100% town at this point?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I am not going to do a meta argument on you, I've played with you in all of one other game. But nobody has much to go on, look at these post counts.

CPig 50
Quid 17
EP 40
WM 28
Mithross 37

Looking again at wall monitor (I did everyone else), his only real town cred (outside of his claim) comes from being one of the first on WWM, for a stupid reason, and sticking to his guns. After that, he got quiet, and his posts have little content. His claim has less value now, but he did give a token to BN, then stick to his guns and not vote him.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

(that last post was aimed at CPig, it just took me a long time to type)

Epsilon Plus posted:

I wouldn't say it's stupid, per se.

Mithross, can you find anything even remotely scummy about Quidnose? Or are you thinking he's 100% town at this point?

He has two "me too" votes, one on GG was in the middle of his actually posting and makes sense. The other was scummier, the next day on slamburger, but consistent with the way he's been all game. He did openly announce he was giving out masks twice in thread and survive, but if scum are dependent on townies for masks, that isn't the craziest thing. He claims he targeted somber, who confirmed he couldn't receive a mask at that point. He then did give a mask to me, as he claimed. And it was given in a non-enabler way (I was given a specific mask, no choice in the matter)

I'm not saying he's 100% town, but since his mask story checks out, I think CPig is the better vote.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

This game is deader than a pile of Russians. I'm going to post some final thoughts/reads when I get home, then if that doesn't spur any discussion I'm going to put down my vote.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Deadline is in 7 hours, but I'm starting to think you all died awhile back. Am I already the last Russian? Do I win? ...is there at least plenty of vodka?

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Oh dear. Alright, let me think.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Does anyone want to claim having the last unclaimed mask, Don Juan, before I post?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Epsilon Plus posted:

Does anyone want to claim having the last unclaimed mask, Don Juan, before I post?

wall monitor posted:

Oh dear. Alright, let me think.

I've got work in about an hour, so I'm going to drop a vote then probably. If you have something pressing to say, now is the time.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

I'm gonna go with Quidnose, I think. Something about his power claim seems off to me.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

wall monitor posted:

I'm gonna go with Quidnose, I think. Something about his power claim seems off to me.

I can attest that I got a mask the day he said he gave one out, and it wasn't a token drop. I got Ted, or nothing. The only reason he isn't higher on my list (since he's done nothing else all game) is that he didn't seem forced to give it to someone, as he tried somber... twice? Ok, that part is off putting, but maybe he just thought someone interfered.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Mithross posted:

I can attest that I got a mask the day he said he gave one out, and it wasn't a token drop. I got Ted, or nothing. The only reason he isn't higher on my list (since he's done nothing else all game) is that he didn't seem forced to give it to someone, as he tried somber... twice? Ok, that part is off putting, but maybe he just thought someone interfered.

It could be a scum power, given to him as a smokescreen...?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

wall monitor posted:

It could be a scum power, given to him as a smokescreen...?

It's certainly possible. Outside that one interaction, he is the definition of a lurker

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Well, win or lose, here goes nothing. Probably my last mafia game for a while either way, I'm kinda burned out.

##vote Quidnose

:v:

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I'm so tired of this game.

##vote Quidnose

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
##vote quidnose

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

:redhammer:...?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Dugong hasn't posted anywhere in 4 days...

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
this game should just be sent into the sun imho

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I guess I will claim victory as the only person who ever cared about this game

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

how about we not post in an open game post-hammer for at least a few more days until our mod returns or is presumed dead

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Okay, our mod actually hasn't posted in like seven days now. Do the remaining living players want to post their flips and we can call it a day regardless of who wins/loses? Or should we wait a bit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I'm willing to do a flip and accept what may. At this point my desire to just know is way greater than my desire to win.

• Locked thread