Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001
So the vault dweller will be voiced now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I was surprised to see this is a current gen game. I thought I would see 360/PS3 logos after the footage finished. That didn't look like a current gen game at all. I was kinda underwhelmed to be honest.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Vault number looks to be 111.
Looks good, different in so far as "holy poo poo is that guy talking?" and "wow, look at all these colours, hot drat."

I'm excited.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Those animations. Gamebryo I've missed you baby.

SonnyVasquez
Oct 17, 2012

El riesgo siempre vive!

FillInTheBlank posted:

Looks like rear end but hopefully fun.

This. I mean, sure, it looks better than Fallout 3 & NV but... I can't say I'm all that hyped. Sorry to be a buzzkill but the engine and the animations seem like the big buzzkill here IMO :S

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

ChetReckless posted:

Wait, so that one screenshot wasn't representative of the entire game as a whole?

Dog looks terrible in the trailer too. :colbert:

Also, the first comment on the trailer is "gently caress todd" :allears:

VV: In the end, he speaks to the dog.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

TheBuilder posted:

So the vault dweller will be voiced now?

Why do you say that? Did I miss something?

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Well that was a dissapointment. Back to wanking off over the Xcom2 trailer.

Chamale posted:

He talked to the dog.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

That was pretty underwhelming.

willjbish
Nov 8, 2011
ew voiced protagonist

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Fallout: Now featuring the colors "red" and "blue"!

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

ohrwurm posted:

I could see this being a location/setpiece: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bunker_Hill_Monument

Is that what's shown at 1:37 of the trailer?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
with all the crazy city stuff and the fact that the logo looks way less like a rusted piece of poo poo than 3/NV I wonder if part of the theme of the game is going to be the world actually getting its poo poo back together

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001

Chamale posted:

He talks to the dog at the end of the trailer.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Man what a snoozer

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Blockhouse posted:

part of the theme of the game is going to be the world actually getting its poo poo back together

That's something I'd honestly like to see.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Mons Hubris posted:

It looks pretty much exactly like the other Fallout games but I guess there's nothing wrong with that.
Bethesda seems to actually be learning what their limitations are, going with flat-shaded, somewhat pastel clay people so they wouldn't have to spend much resources squeezing detail out of their lovely Gamebryo fork.

Which is pretty reminiscent of the art style in the first two games! :haw:

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Radioactive talking dogs, that's pretty cool.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Looks bright and colourful, skintight vault suits are returning, not a bad trailer. The starting "surprise it's a house after a nuclear war" gimmick was dumb but that's probably a Fallout Tradition at this point.

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008
Bethesda or not I really, really want to play that. if only to have a fresh coat of paint on various fallout playthroughs.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Prequel

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
No vehicles on display :(

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Blockhouse posted:

with all the crazy city stuff and the fact that the logo looks way less like a rusted piece of poo poo than 3/NV I wonder if part of the theme of the game is going to be the world actually getting its poo poo back together

Looks to me this is a prequel, why'd they have all those flashback scenes otherwise?

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Blockhouse posted:

That would be a really cool theme for Bethesda to not do as well as Black Isle and Obsidian did.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

That was a pretty nice trailer.

Blockhouse posted:

Possible. The flashback bits really hammered home that the old world is gone forever, so maybe we'll see something new emerge from the ashes.

EDIT: That radio announcer is pretty awful though. Cripes.

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Jun 3, 2015

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
graphics look dated already

this console generation is gonna be the shortest lol

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

p. much what I expected, still looks like dollhouse poo poo which is lol but I'm guessing the interesting bits will be for their hourlong presentation in a week or so

sout
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/BethesdaStudios/status/606100168195375104

More stuff hooray!

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

That would be great.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Guys can you remember when games looked better than this 8 years ago?

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
lol they said war never changes again it really is deep

AngrySquid
Apr 16, 2012

Looks like Fallout 3 with a texture swap and a couple of tweaks to the lighting....

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Lmao the glitchy arm at the end when he pets the dog is hilarious, never change Bethesda animators.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

maev posted:

lol they said war never changes again it really is deep

I bet the new Star Wars starts with "A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away"

Fuckin lame i m h o

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Kurtofan posted:

Looks to me this is a prequel, why'd they have all those flashback scenes otherwise?

Maybe Vault 111 is the one that got the cryogenic freezing tubes I don't know

I definitely don't get "prequel", the Boston area probably did not have actual cities and loving airships up and running years before the DC area's hot choices for civilization included "hanging out around an unexploded bomb"

sout
Apr 24, 2014

AngrySquid posted:

Looks like Fallout 3 with a texture swap and a couple of tweaks to the lighting....

Well duh.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I liked the trailer... I want to ride that zeppelin thing

From what I remember of F3 release trailer it was just a fuckin bombed out bus and nothing else. This trailer shows so much more

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

I legitimately can't remember a single countdown timer style announcement that actually did what it was supposed to when it hit zero. It's great that it's up on YouTube though.

Thoughts:

So the animations still look like poo poo. I like how the ghouls jumping over the shopping cart and pushing it aside was cleverly done in a way that almost hides this fact, but it's really nothing that couldn't happen in Fallout 3 or New Vegas. The environments look to be immersive though, and that's what I look for.

What time period does this take place in? I remember reading something about Bethesda decreeing that all games must advance the timeline; no going backward. The flashbacks to the nukes and the dog that looks like maybe it lived in that house make me think maybe it can't be more than twelve years or so... but then the Brotherhood of Steel have airships, so who knows.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

RBA Starblade posted:

I like how I knew it was in Boston entirely because I played The Last of Us and recognized the gold dome.
It was the Paul Revere statue for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

sout posted:

Well duh.

Personally, I am shocked--SHOCKED--that bethesda did not build a brand new engine for FO4 and instead is using the same one as their previous successful games dating all the way back to Morrowind