Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Can I make a ghoul character yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Honestly I refuse to believe we play as a character that can talk. So I think the dog is who we play as.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Notorious QIG posted:

I'm assuming the tutorial is the day the bombs drop, which would explain why they created all these pre-war assets.

This is probably true.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

This + Mods = fun.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Bholder posted:

Hey guys, did you know, character creation is out, you cannot customize your character at all, you are stuck with short hair white guy.

Cannot even change armor, other than power armor at the end.

100% truth!

In fact, the game is a rail shooter

Coming this winter to an arcade near you

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

Blockhouse posted:

There's a goddamn "NOW LEASING" sign on that building

finally, the real estate market has returned

This is something I saw from fallout 2 as we slowly advance in time civilization will slowly rise back, for what we saw in NV and this trailer we are back at the equivalent of the beginning at the industrial revolution.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
If there is one thing, ONE thing I expected Bethesda to deliver on it was superb and beautiful graphics and animations. Literally all their other titles, every single one, has had cutting edge graphics and superb animations. But this??? THIS??? OH IM SO UPSET AT THIIIISSS

individual865
Mar 26, 2007

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.
Fenway is in, fortified, at 1:50, btw.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Catpiss Neverclean posted:

Game looks fine, quit bitching you goddamn nerds. Nobody with half a brain plays Fallout games for the SIK GRAFIXX.
Games nerds do apparently

I'm going to get a kick out of the artstyle because it's adorable and it looks closer to Fallout 1/2 in some ironic twist :allears:

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Zzulu posted:

If there is one thing, ONE thing I expected Bethesda to deliver on it was superb and beautiful graphics and animations. Literally all their other titles, every single one, has had cutting edge graphics and superb animations. But this??? THIS??? OH IM SO UPSET AT THIIIISSS

They could at least measurably improve somewhat, like they did with their other titles in the meantime.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Michaellaneous posted:

Good Av+Post combo.
Oh wait.

Better than yours buddy

Still no

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008
I wouldn't mind a little pre-war segment to kick the game off but I'm a sucker for doomsday stuff

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

individual865 posted:

Fenway is in, fortified, at 1:50, btw.

this is all that matters

david ortiz supermutant

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
From reveal to petulant whining at each other in less than 10 minutes. Is that a goon record?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Someone should probably have created a new thread for Fallout 4 like 7 pages ago.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Bholder posted:

Better than yours buddy

I am very proud that a goon paid for my redtext thank you very much :colbert:

Mierenneuker posted:

Someone should probably have created a new thread for Fallout 4 like 7 pages ago.

There is one in GBS.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Bethesda will reintroduce paid mods and let the community re-texture the game.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Zzulu posted:

Yeah, I also expect a company to never improve or hone their craft and, instead, remain the same forever. Change is bad and I fear it.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
can't wait to get my poopsocks ready

willjbish
Nov 8, 2011
pre-war dude with the baby looks like the protagonist. cryogen confirmed.

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008

counterfeitsaint posted:

From reveal to petulant whining at each other in less than 10 minutes. Is that a goon record?

Par for the course I'd say

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

Maybe Vault 111 is the one that got the cryogenic freezing tubes I don't know

I definitely don't get "prequel", the Boston area probably did not have actual cities and loving airships up and running years before the DC area's hot choices for civilization included "hanging out around an unexploded bomb"

I'm not getting the prequel thing either, but what's to say that the Boston BoS hasn't made contact with the BoS in DC? Or vaults opened earlier? Didn't Fallout 3 mention somethign about a group called "The Institute" and how they had a whole lot more tech / things were allegedly a lot less messed up?

Evil_Urna
Aug 16, 2004
Bunch of vidya game hipsters ITT

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Scyantific posted:

This is probably true.

That's what Van Buren did for its tutorial section so the idea has precedent.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
So, wait a sec

Wasn't that Fallout 3 quest with the android all about how MIT was pumping out realistic robot men

e: dangit oxyclean

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011

Catpiss Neverclean posted:

Game looks fine, quit bitching you goddamn nerds. Nobody with half a brain plays Fallout games for the SIK GRAFIXX.

And that's coming from Obsidian lovers rofl. I mean, I AM a huge Obsidian fanboy but the way this thread reacts to the trailer is just awkward.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
y'all haven't played Fallout 3 in a while if you think that looks exactly the same.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

computer parts posted:

y'all haven't played Fallout 3 in a while if you think that looks exactly the same.
predicting "by Fallout 3 I meant Far Cry 3" grade backpedaling

AngrySquid
Apr 16, 2012

Whatever happens I will be attaching ENB to do the graphical legwork anyway, just be glad its not another MMO.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Blockhouse posted:

I definitely don't get "prequel", the Boston area probably did not have actual cities and loving airships up and running years before the DC area's hot choices for civilization included "hanging out around an unexploded bomb"

Fallout 3 pretty much implied that the MIT area had its poo poo together, so this wouldn't be too much of a stretch.

Besides, Fallout 3 was really, really dumb and I don't think Bethesda really picked up on the fact that people were quite capable of rebuilding civilization instead of scavenging crap for hundreds of years.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I don't see any Brotherhood of Steel in the trailer, did I miss something? I would imagine they're in somewhere because Bethesda is bad with ideas but I'm assuming all that crazy tech and airships and poo poo is the Institute.

And I guess to be fair the Brotherhood would want to take over the Institute if they knew about it. Maybe they'll actually be dicks in this game like they're supposed to be.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

The lightning and effects look great but the textures are low res.

But that's the easiest thing to fix

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I didn't see a single Super Mutant in that trailer, so Bethesda hitting the ground running here.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

computer parts posted:

i have no idea what youre talking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4L53V2sa-0

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Zzulu posted:

Expecting something to be bad doesn't mean that it being bad isn't worth commenting on.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Grand Fromage posted:

I don't see any Brotherhood of Steel in the trailer, did I miss something? I would imagine they're in somewhere because Bethesda is bad with ideas but I'm assuming all that crazy tech and airships and poo poo is the Institute.

And I guess to be fair the Brotherhood would want to take over the Institute if they knew about it. Maybe they'll actually be dicks in this game like they're supposed to be.

Well there is that suit hanging in the garage in the middle of bumfuck nowhere.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Bholder posted:

The lightning and effects look great but the textures are low res.

But that's the easiest thing to fix

I would not be surprised to see an official high res texture pack shortly after release like they did for Skyrim.

Vulpine Complex
Apr 13, 2007

How do we know they're the DC BoS at all? With the cutting between the post-war house and the pre-war it doesn't look like too much time has passed. A couple of decades, max.

Prequel where we see how The Institute starts and everyone in power armor is actually US Army remnants?

also game looks great people just wanting to hate

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Michaellaneous posted:

There is one in GBS.

Oh, indeed: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3723658

Probably too late to herd the hyperbole cattle thataway though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Looks cool.