Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

The best part is that you can also watch the same posters complain about misleading CGI trailers the next time a big game is about to come out

People who play videogames are dumb and bad and i'm dumb and bad

That's why I'm creating my video game studio after I take a nap today. Cargo Cult Games; our mission is to make as much money as possible as fast as possible with as little work as possible. We will lie and make promises we never intend to keep as long as it furthers our goal of making money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

achillesforever6 posted:

Because I like the Fallout games and want to explore another area after playing New Vegas like 10 times.

I wish there were some other video games to play.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

achillesforever6 posted:

Because I like the Fallout games and want to explore another area after playing New Vegas like 10 times.

Fallout 3 had many shortcomings, but it was pretty great for exploration, so yeah you'll probably be able to do that at least.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

cthulhoo posted:

why would anyone really need a trailer for a bethesdagame 2015 is perplexing

everybody knows what their gimmick is either you like it or not trailer aint gonna change poo poo
You could probably check their post history to find unironic gushing posts about Souls games

The :irony: is overflowing

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

2house2fly posted:

I wish there were some other video games to play.

Hotline Miami 2 and Bloodborne already came and went so the only good game to look forward to besides this is Barkley 2...

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I totally got confused and thought I was in the XCOM2 thread for a moment. What with all the people judging gameplay from a prerendered trailer.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

khy posted:

I totally got confused and thought I was in the XCOM2 thread for a moment. What with all the people judging gameplay from a prerendered trailer.

well it's not prerendered

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

what I love about this art direction is that it's deliberately (and probably practically) reminiscent of the original two fallout games and people are already giving it poo poo for not looking like Fallout 3 :allears:

The thing I like the most about Fallout is the goofy 50s science fiction aesthetic, and skintight jumpsuits are all up in that.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Sharkopath posted:

you dont like it because its a clean, skintight jumpsuit is what you mean, thats a more subjective statement to make.

Perhaps, but I don't buy a clean, skintight jumpsuit in a post-apocalyptic wasteland. It doesn't really match. I don't really buy that someone fresh out of a Vault would be dressed like that, either; I'm not sure about the canon of where the suits come from, but I can't imagine they're very crisp and clean after lifetimes of living in a Vault.

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

not gonna kinkshame your apparent jumpsuit fetish, bro :justpost:

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Cleretic posted:

Perhaps, but I don't buy a clean, skintight jumpsuit in a post-apocalyptic wasteland. It doesn't really match. I don't really buy that someone fresh out of a Vault would be dressed like that, either; I'm not sure about the canon of where the suits come from, but I can't imagine they're very crisp and clean after lifetimes of living in a Vault.

Jumpsuit extruders. Presumably in Vault 111 the extruders are still working perfectly.

Read up on 'Vault 70' for more information.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

cthulhoo posted:

fallout is all about postapoc usa so that would be kinda stupid tbf

I agree. People have been wanting a non-U.S. Fallout for a long time, but I feel like it would defeat the point of Fallout. The series builds around itself as a satire of American culture, juxtaposing the pre-war versus the post-war. The settings are also usually built around the idea of exploring, unaware of what's over the next hill, or if anyone is even alive a mile away, let alone on a different continent. I think a Fallout in China or Russia would almost retroactively cheapen the experiences of the other games.

That said, I wouldn't mind getting little hints of where humanity as a whole is, or getting some new scenery besides dirt and deserts (Point Lookout was my favorite DLC).

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Plan Z posted:

That said, I wouldn't mind getting little hints of where humanity as a whole is

I'm afraid its mostly dead. :(

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Has anyone talked about paid mods yet? Because that's totally coming back and probably is going to re-launch with Fallout 4.

Nulity
Sep 26, 2010
oh no we gonna get nuked, quick, to the vault guys *does the gamebryo jog* *pivots mid-run with no blended animation or inverse kinematics upon making a turn in the path*

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

can't wait to pay $20 for a waifu body replacer

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

KakerMix posted:

Has anyone talked about paid mods yet? Because that's totally coming back and probably is going to re-launch with Fallout 4.
I think everyone warmed up to the donation button the Nexus had after the collossal fuckup that happened for Skyrim, so we're probably gonna see something like that in place of actually paying 100 dollars for brahmin vaginas

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
How the gently caress is Tenpenny in America? Dude came from the UK how?? Great loving job Bethesda.

Laughing Man
Feb 11, 2008
I thought what I’d do was pretend I was one of those deaf mutes, or something...
whats up?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE2BkLqMef4

lol super late nm

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood

Groovelord Neato posted:

Hotline Miami 2 and Bloodborne already came and went so the only good game to look forward to besides this is Barkley 2...

barkley 2 is vaporware

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Just checking in to say that this game, like every bethesda game before it, will be pure rear end and anyone who likes it is worthless and should not be alive, forever.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Whoa dude thanks. Didn't know there was a fourth game.

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Clean, skin-tight jumpsuits ruin my immersion in this realistic, post-apocalyptic simulation that I love so much. Retro 50s robots and energy weapons, on the other hand,

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Just checking in to say that this game, like every bethesda game before it, will be pure rear end and anyone who likes it is worthless and should not be alive, forever.

indeed :frogon:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yaos posted:

That's why I'm creating my video game studio after I take a nap today. Cargo Cult Games; our mission is to make as much money as possible as fast as possible with as little work as possible. We will lie and make promises we never intend to keep as long as it furthers our goal of making money.

You're not going to do very well competing against EA Games.

Mr. Kerstbal
Sep 2, 2011

ORIGINAL MONKEY FUCKER

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

You could probably check their post history to find unironic gushing posts about Souls games

The :irony: is overflowing

stfu

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
graphics dont really matter much, there are plenty of pretty games that are garbage and vice versa... it's about features, gameplay, story and immersion graphics is all that matters I can't believe that doge didn't have realtime fur physics

uaciaut
Mar 20, 2008
:splurp:

AlternateAccount posted:

Eh, it just didn't do it for me, but I can see why people who liked FO3 REALLY liked NV.

Also, HOLY loving poo poo, look at the texture on that fence:

:cmon:

I liked F3 when it came out, then again i had just got a new PC and it was the first time i was playing a game with F3's caliber of graphics (for that time) and was somewhat new to the fallout universe (i had played F2 for a bit before).

I couldn't really replay it after finishing once. I remember trying to go through it again like a year ago, quit after 5 minutes.

I can still play NV today and i've finished it 3 times and know the world thoroughly.

There's a good reason for that and it's because Obidian has a basic understanding of how a game is supposed to relay a story, good writing and creating an interesting world. Bethesda is good at creating really big worlds that you can explore but that's where it ends.

Trailer makes me think they managed to suck the atmosphere out of the game so most of the fans of the series will hate it, and outside of open world i don't see it having a lot of redeeming qualities.

cthulhoo posted:

why would anyone really need a trailer for a bethesdagame 2015 is perplexing

everybody knows what their gimmick is either you like it or not trailer aint gonna change poo poo

Better summed up than i did/could.

uaciaut fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jun 3, 2015

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

video games are bad stop being excited for them and stop playing them

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I find it ironic that the flashbacks have advanced robots in a 60s style house since the game is on current gen hardware but looks 10 years old. At least it's achieved a colour palette.

Mr. Kerstbal
Sep 2, 2011

ORIGINAL MONKEY FUCKER

Oxyclean posted:

video games are bad stop being excited for them and stop playing them

no

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Shneak posted:

I find it ironic that the flashbacks have advanced robots in a 60s style house since the game is on current gen hardware but looks 10 years old. At least it's achieved a colour palette.

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Beach
Dec 13, 2004

No sign of intelligent life on this planet.
I love that the interior of Fenway Park is a little fortress called Diamond City. I hope radiation infected ghoul David Ortiz is mayor.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.
Anyone who was expecting anything more than graphics on-par or slightly improved from Skyrim's was deluding themselves.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
I'm surprised the dog and the humans got so much screen time, considering the way they look and move. More power armor, robots, and Nuka Cola machines would have been better.

e: i will still buy this.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
They announced Fallout 4 and not Fallout The MOBA or Fallout Mobile or Fallout MMO so I'm pretty satisfied.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

the game will likely be better than skyrim but worse than new vegas; and thus i'll probably have better things to do

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

QuoProQuid posted:

You play as a Pre-War soldier whose brain was accidentally implanted into a dog. With your quick wits and the help of your trusted interpreter from Vault 111, you will have to explore the Wasteland, track down your descendents, and figure out how to shoot a laser cannon with your paws.

Actually you'll get a gun strapped to your back

Like this.

Also play Metal Saga it owns.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

StashAugustine posted:

the game will likely be better than skyrim but worse than new vegas; and thus i'll probably have better things to do
same

I just will choose not to do those better things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
This looks like a game I'll be spending countless hours on for sure