Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

I think it's okay for her health bar to be shorter in exchange for her being faster and having other benefits. It's an understandable balancing factor.

(I admit that I almost never got hit so it didn't matter much to me either way so YMMV.)

Yeah I've been playing so much I never really get hit anyway as any character, it just always bothered me for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Medium Cool posted:

The only thing that really annoyed me about Catwoman is that her health bar is separate from the other playable characters, and it's smaller. I hope they've changed that in Arkham Knight.
I didn't mind it, and it makes sense--she's not heavily protected, and shouldn't be able to shrug off a hail of gunfire, for example.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Harley DLC trailer

Now this is bullshit, Harley gets a full minute to showcase the gameplay and Red Hood had only five seconds due that stupid live action segment :argh:

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Harley DLC trailer

Now this is bullshit, Harley gets a full minute to showcase the gameplay and Red Hood had only five seconds due that stupid live action segment :argh:

Link doesn't work for me, but I found it on Youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtxlxMW8d6M

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

ImpAtom posted:

I think it's okay for her health bar to be shorter in exchange for her being faster and having other benefits. It's an understandable balancing factor.

(I admit that I almost never got hit so it didn't matter much to me either way so YMMV.)
I think the problem is you had to personally go out of your way to upgrade Catwoman while playing the game to unlock her special combo moves or give her more armour/hp.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Sober posted:

I think the problem is you had to personally go out of your way to upgrade Catwoman while playing the game to unlock her special combo moves or give her more armour/hp.

Yeah, honestly this was way more annoying than the fact that it was shorter, it felt like a waste of upgrade while playing the main game considering you spent the vast majority of the story playing as batman. With so many playable characters this time around I can't imagine it will work the same way in Arkham Knight, but I guess we'll see how that goes.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Medium Cool posted:

Yeah, honestly this was way more annoying than the fact that it was shorter, it felt like a waste of upgrade while playing the main game considering you spent the vast majority of the story playing as batman. With so many playable characters this time around I can't imagine it will work the same way in Arkham Knight, but I guess we'll see how that goes.

I think they're shooting themselves in the foot marketing wise, because all these other players are only going to be "playable" in individual DLC missions, like Robin in City. Other than that, it seems like it's solely gonna be "Batman goes into a room full of bad guys, Catwoman/Robin/Nightwing is there, you can switch to them occasionally during the fight, and then once it's over, they disappear to go do something and you're back to Batman".

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I hated Catwoman because she was really embarrassing but mostly because she couldn't fly around the city and then drop onto a group of chumps like Batman could which was half the fun of the game

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Crappy Jack posted:

I think they're shooting themselves in the foot marketing wise, because all these other players are only going to be "playable" in individual DLC missions, like Robin in City. Other than that, it seems like it's solely gonna be "Batman goes into a room full of bad guys, Catwoman/Robin/Nightwing is there, you can switch to them occasionally during the fight, and then once it's over, they disappear to go do something and you're back to Batman".

To clarify, I don't expect to be able to run around Gotham with 7 different character but I would expect that in combat they'll share the same upgrade tree as batman like robin and nightwing did in city, and deathstroke did in origins.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

This is not the Riddler haircut I was expecting.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

He just gets dirtier and dirtier every game. Riddle me this, Eddie, what is a bath?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
dude's spent a year digging underground racetracks man dont got time for a bath

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

redbackground posted:

apparently he gets more and more grotty as the game goes on,

Veotax
May 16, 2006

CuwiKhons posted:

Frankly if any of the DLCs are like the Catwoman DLC from City, you'd probably prefer to get the game without them. The Catwoman DLC was incorporated into the story and unskippable depending on the version of the game. It was also loving annoying and I haven't replayed Arkham City in awhile just because I don't want to play as Catwoman.

I highly doubt any of the DLC is going to integrate into the main game like Catwoman did. It'll probably all be stuff you select from the main menu like the Epilogue DLCs for City and Origins.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Arkham Riddler needs some serious help. He's set up, like, 700+ trophies and multiple challenges just so he can say "Haha, I'm smarter than you."

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Arkham Riddler needs some serious help. He's set up, like, 700+ trophies and multiple challenges just so he can say "Haha, I'm smarter than you."

dont forget he now built massive driving challenges in the Gotham sewer/underground probably blowing millions just to try to "gently caress over"(slightly inconvenience) the batman. Also all his assorted jigsaw-esq traps.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

If the DLCC is an adaptation of Under the Red Hood, it would be pretty ballsy to face Batman at the end as a boss.

Hey if it were really based on that story, does that mean the Joker is back? :v:

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

redbackground posted:

Stephen Colbert? :crossarms:

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I am super disappointed right now because before I clicked on that image it looked like the Riddler was holding an electric guitar and that would have been great. I do like how he's gone from the question mark suit to just a Hawaiian shirt though, guess all the construction changed his outlook on life.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Instead of triangulating the riddler's position or stalling him for the police to get there Batman instead dumps him into a vat of sudsy, warm water

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

HD version of the Red Hood trailer

:allears:

EDIT: Goddamn, the amount of preorder bonus/retailer exclusive content for this game is insane :stare:

Something about his jacket just looks off to me, maybe its the bat logo on the back or just the grey but i kinda hate it, hope he gets alternate skins

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
Every picture of The Riddler from Arkham Knight makes him look completely different. Like, not even the same face.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I really hope the red hood and harley quinn stuff is stronger than a thinly veiled set of challenge maps.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

Mogomra posted:

Every picture of The Riddler from Arkham Knight makes him look completely different. Like, not even the same face.

He hired a cheap lookalike to obfuscate that he's secretly the one in the Arkham Knight getup.

I'm joking, but that does fit his MO a little too well.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Mogomra posted:

I know, right?

This is not the same dude at all:

I still can't get past that amazing man-perm he has in that photo earlier up.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
The catwoman in arkham city felt a little tacked on. It was a nice break but eh.

The issue is I expected more

Medium Cool posted:

To clarify, I don't expect to be able to run around Gotham with 7 different charactersbut I would expect that in combat they'll share the same upgrade tree as batman like robin and nightwing did in city, and deathstroke did in origins.

If you're going to make it a sandbox why not?

I don't see why it's too much to ask. They can't get into little gated areas that need batmans touch, sure thats fine but otherwise who would it hurt?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SectumSempra posted:

If you're going to make it a sandbox why not?

I don't see why it's too much to ask. They can't get into little gated areas that need batmans touch, sure thats fine but otherwise who would it hurt?

The game's movement is designed around Batman. Designing the city so every character can get around is a disaster unless you make them all interchangeable in movement. (And they're unlikely to so. See even the gap between Catwoman and Batman in AC.)

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

ImpAtom posted:

The game's movement is designed around Batman. Designing the city so every character can get around is a disaster unless you make them all interchangeable in movement. (And they're unlikely to so. See even the gap between Catwoman and Batman in AC.)

Catwoman made it around fine, and most used similar methods to batman for the predator maps for positioning.

I mean I'm not expecting nightwing to glide around, or the exact same ways to travel for everyone. But maybe it's too much to ask.I just figured at 8 bucks a pop they'd be in more then a few rooms.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SectumSempra posted:

Catwoman made it around fine and most used similar methods to batman for the predator maps for positioning.

I mean I'm not expecting knightwing to glide around.

Catwoman was significantly more awkward in a smaller city than Arkham Knight is going to have. Predator Maps aren't the same thing because you don't have to traverse long distances. Also we don't even know how the Batmobile is going to impact city design aside from making it even more likely you need fast transport .

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I really, really want the ability to free-roam with someone other than Batman. It would be one hell of a cocktease to let us play portions of fights or entire levels as Nightwing, Robin et al. and not have the ability to dick around Gotham city.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

redbackground posted:

I know, right?

This is not the same dude at all:

I still can't get past that amazing man-perm he has in that photo earlier up.

And then theres this guy:

But looking closer, this one does pretty much look like the dude with the perm.

I guess they didn't iron out everyone's design for that first trailer.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Dapper_Swindler posted:

This is what I love betwene the games, chronologically. In Origins he was quite attractive and well groomed, in Asylum he'd gone with the gimmick and looked a bit grotty, and in City he looks as if he's close to losing his poo poo completely and hasn't changed in forever.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

In City it was pretty understandable that everybody was filthy because hey, they're locked up in a huge prison complex where everything is hosed up and dangerous. He very well might not have had a change of clothes at all. In this it looks like he's lost his marbles so completely that he hasn't bathed or slept or eaten in however long it's taken him to build all the poo poo he's using to gently caress with Bats this go around.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Why cant Robin or Nightwing move around exactly like Batman? Batman's the one who taught them to do it. Lore-wise they should all move exactly like Batman. Cape isn't even required, Batman Beyond skin in Arkham City didn't need one.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Why cant Robin or Nightwing move around exactly like Batman? Batman's the one who taught them to do it. Lore-wise they should all move exactly like Batman. Cape isn't even required, Batman Beyond skin in Arkham City didn't need one.

"So... moving to disarm and disable for armed enemies... you don't need to know that"

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
Does anyone have a story-complete steamworks save for City I could use? I want to do the NG+ but lost my save when the game ditched GWFL.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
My problem with Catwoman was that I couldn't skip her parts in subsequent playthroughs. After having done it once, I really never had the desire to do it again. But you can't undownload her DLC to the best of my knowledge and you shouldn't have to. Her gameplay is okay, definitely my least favorite of the 4 in City, but it wasn't an abomination. I just really couldn't stand that I got pulled out of being Batman to go dick around with Poison Ivy.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Terminally Bored posted:

Does anyone have a story-complete steamworks save for City I could use? I want to do the NG+ but lost my save when the game ditched GWFL.

I have a 100% complete hard save (100% complete story, anyway. all trophies and sidequests complete for batman and catwoman) on my home pc, but I've already started NG+. I'm not sure if there is any easy way to restart that or not.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
Just checked and there isn't. drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Terminally Bored posted:

I don't have Arkham City installed right now to check but I'm pretty sure this is a 100% save. I don't know if you need to change the name on it or anything.

• Locked thread