Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Terminally Bored posted:

Does anyone have a story-complete steamworks save for City I could use? I want to do the NG+ but lost my save when the game ditched GWFL.

Here is my file; Story and most sidequests beaten, far from completion with the Riddler. Barely touched Challenge rooms.
You'll need Gamesave Manager for it, but it's a very very good piece of software I recommend to people gaming on their pc anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
Thanks guys, will try these.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

hiddenriverninja posted:

"So... moving to disarm and disable for armed enemies... you don't need to know that"

This bothered me so much about Arkham City. :argh:

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Zedd posted:

Here is my file; Story and most sidequests beaten, far from completion with the Riddler. Barely touched Challenge rooms.
You'll need Gamesave Manager for it, but it's a very very good piece of software I recommend to people gaming on their pc anyway.

Thanks. I was extremely happy that GFWL got scrapped, and unhappy at the cost of my saves.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
This is getting ridiculous

Flashpoint Batman is a Season Pass exclusive. I'm not sure if is also Xbox One exclusive though

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
WB wants a bigger, more elaborate DLC spreadsheet than watch_dogs

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

Sober posted:

WB wants a bigger, more elaborate DLC spreadsheet than watch_dogs

Even though there's already a bunch of DLC I don't think they can top that monstrosity. So many SKUs...

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Aiden Pierce's iconic cap

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
the dedsec edition didn't include the dedsec dlc pack

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

I was thinking about pre-ordering but this has gotten just ridiculous so I think I'll wait for the GOTY

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

This is the first alternate costume that doesn't look awful.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Booted up Arkham Origins and was ecstatic to find that I can play as Red Son Comrade Batman. A+.

Less ecstatic was the discovery that my ps3 is quite literally running on fumes - even when I put in Arkham City I was getting some serious texture pop-in and texture loading while playing. Nothing unplayable but hugely distracting.

Ah well.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

"Dasvidanya, comrade."

Seriously, though, this costume is the best one from Origins.

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

Why are his arms always too short

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

bassguitarhero posted:

Why are his arms always too short

Let's see your arms, rear end in a top hat.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
The Flashpoint and Red Son Batman both look really fuckin cool imo. In fact they look way better than all the skins presented thus far.

Certainly better than Anime Batman:

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jun 5, 2015

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Should've picked the other Anime Batman that at least had that outrageous design.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Number of skins is getting ridiculous.

Hoping for sexxi batman.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Burton Batman goddamnit! :argh:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

The Human Crouton posted:

Number of skins is getting ridiculous.

Hoping for sexxi batman.

And yet still no Zur-En-Arrh skin

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Dicking around with old Arkham games, I'm actually kinda impressed with how little we know about Arkham Knight. I mean, we've seen a good chunk of pure gameplay - but its all super early stuff. Wouldn't be surprised if there's a few huge gameplay curveballs we know nothing about.

Also, holy jesus Arkham Origins plays like dogshit on the ps3.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

The Flashpoint and Red Son Batman both look really fuckin cool imo. In fact they look way better than all the skins presented thus far.

Anime Batman looks embarrassed.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Is this real? Jesus christ.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

That's what I think of when I hear the phrase "Anime Batman" all right.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
I'm playing some Origins as well and I know its been said but jesus the collectibles feel like a slog. Especially with the super linear and restrictive interior design.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer
So "anime" is just another word for poorly drawn, right?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

FadedReality posted:

I'm playing some Origins as well and I know its been said but jesus the collectibles feel like a slog. Especially with the super linear and restrictive interior design.

Watch the LP for some breakdowns. It's a carnival of bad design decisions- but remember, AO was a different team, operating under a different set of resource, schedule and oversight burdens. It's not likely to indicate anything about AK; Rocksteady's reputation remains virtually untarnished.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Jun 5, 2015

G-Prime
Apr 30, 2003

Baby, when it's love,
if it's not rough it isn't fun.

ToastyPotato posted:

Burton Batman goddamnit! :argh:

Bat-nipples. We need Bat-nipples.

What really would be best for the series, IMO, is calling up Adam West and getting him to re-record literally every line of Batman's dialogue and having it switch to that audio track when you're using the 60s skin. I think it would pretty much make this the best game ever made.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

FadedReality posted:

Why are bothering with them anyway?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Lurdiak posted:

That's what I think of when I hear the phrase "Anime Batman" all right.

Medium Cool posted:

So "anime" is just another word for poorly drawn, right?

Is based on one of the Batmen from the Gotham Knight animated movie.

Mind you, on that version Bruce looked like this

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jun 5, 2015

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Does the GMG code still work? I may grab the game on Monday when I get payed if it's still working then.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Why are bothering with them anyway?

I already beat Asylum and City twice each and am keeping my AK hype at manageable levels with it :shrug:

Origins tries so hard to be a game worth standing up to the Rocksteady ones but fails so miserably at it. I think I will check out that LP

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Is based on one of the Batmen from the Gotham Knight animated movie.

Mind you, on that version Bruce looked like this

And the silly collar thing is some experimental AT field bullet reflector generator that he stops using because one of the bullets bounces off and hits a gunman

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I'm replaying the arkham series and I'm grabbing the riddler trophies in Asylum and City... but never again for Origins.

They're just kinda vomited onto the map with supremely half-baked puzzle design. The ones in interiors are even worse - I remember spending a literal two hours trying to get one in the sewers under the police department - and the eventual answer was to approach the sewers using a totally different and unmarked entrance on the map

Origins has its moments, I played the first half of Cold Cold Heart and really enjoyed it. But christ allmighty, avoid the enigma challenges as best you can.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Origins feels like an expansion pack. It isn't bad but it's way more half-assed in a lot of areas. The enigma things are basically the biggest example of that. I 100%ed the Riddler Trophies in both previous games and I think I got like.. 5 of them in Origins.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
new arkham insider. things confimered. thugs dont dodge well cars well. also closer quick look at firefly. also the gamer is longer the both city and asylum.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffQrFevUtu4

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
I honestly couldn't tell you at this point who the most annoying Rocksteady employee is.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Yeah, I've never been a fan of the ERMAGAWD LOOK HOW COOL THIS IS commentary.

Batman knocking out that guy in the holding cell was fantastic, though. :allears:

Edit: I think Firefly's burns are more exposed in this new costume. Wouldn't you want to not expose those to air?

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jun 5, 2015

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Edit: I think Firefly's burns are more exposed in this new costume. Wouldn't you want to not expose those to air?
Counterpoint: He's a loony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

That video was only viewable on mute...

Rocksteady makes great games but has annoying employees. Holy poo poo.

• Locked thread