Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

I spent most of my time sneaking around at night with a spear, looking for campfires, and then murdering all the inhabitants of said campfires when they had their backs turned or were doing something and took all their poo poo. Was pretty fun.

One of the few good things about how Stomping Land turned out was that night was pitch loving black and you could belly right up to the edge of a campfire and then murder all the people cooking around it in a hot second because of the spear damage. Anything like that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Drinkfist posted:

That is what "Professional" streamers are.

The Requirements to go pro are:

- Be bad at all video games
- Be stupid bad at video games
- Act like a child
- Talk about topics you have no loving clue about

Can anyone vouch that this is online and we are playing here?

Yeah, that's where we're on until we get our own private server.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
loving hate listening to those streamers, have to turn sound off

Strotski
Dec 29, 2013

Like I said on mumble - have to bail (for now) on making private server, it consumes 4.5gb of ram empty with no one on
My vps only has 3gb

And if you use 3rd party server solutions it's 30$ for 30 slots/month

If someone can host one for us - please do

Strotski fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Jun 3, 2015

Monowhatever
Mar 19, 2010

Another goon and I traveled all the way to the blue obelisk (which turned out to be way farther away than we thought) but it looked pretty cool

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

nightwisher posted:

Yeah, that's where we're on until we get our own private server.

Cool.

Here have this.

steam://connect/5.189.181.254:27015

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009
Just saddled up my Parasaur and my friend's server crashes. loving hell. Game seems a hell of a lot of fun if you have childhood fantasies of dino bros, but the XP walls between some bits of the tech tree feels a little tedious.

LordTraktor
Nov 12, 2012
So how the gently caress does saving your character work? Sometimes I get to play with my old character but most of the time when logging in to a server I'm required to create a new character

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

I love the local voice chat in this, makes coming across people so awkward. Both are just like ...sup... and then awkwardly stare at each other wondering if the other is going to shank you.

Gamesguy
Sep 7, 2010

Drinkfist posted:

Cool.

Here have this.

steam://connect/5.189.181.254:27015

Unfortunately that server is behind on updates, you can't join if you have the newest update.

We should probably find an official server that keeps up with updates before we get too invested in that one.

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Orv posted:

One of the few good things about how Stomping Land turned out was that night was pitch loving black and you could belly right up to the edge of a campfire and then murder all the people cooking around it in a hot second because of the spear damage. Anything like that?

It is pretty dark, at least dark enough that if you want to creep about you're unlikely to be seen. I started my murder spree when people started encroaching on my "area" where I wanted to build. A group of 2 started a camp nearby. They were talking around the campfire and one of them mentioned they left some meat by the coast and would be right back... That's when I maneuvered around the edge of the light to get the drop on the remaining one...

After that I decided that it was a lot more satisfying being the bad guy from horror films than building. My wife called me a sociopath.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

After that I decided that it was a lot more satisfying being the bad guy from horror films than building. My wife called me a sociopath.

Gear having is fear having.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
I assume the whole Server List not working is a thing. Right?

edit: There's a button to take a poo poo..?
edit2: Don't alt tab from windowed mode, it locks up the game.

Stringbean fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Jun 3, 2015

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Why do i have to be at work, i want to be killing dinos and shanking people.

El Cid
Mar 17, 2005

What good is power when you're too wise to use it?
Grimey Drawer

Drinkfist posted:

I Like these guys.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4o1ED0xMiw

I don't know if BroTeamPill is doing a run at it yet but they are another comical group.

Ha, did these guys just happen to run across Esteban Winsmore of Second Life fame out in the wild?

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

I'm still a little confused on characters.

the server we played a little bit last night on (an unofficial server) does not transfer our data to others? I tried going to another server and had to create a new character.

John Capslocke
Jun 5, 2007

dominoeffect posted:

I'm still a little confused on characters.

the server we played a little bit last night on (an unofficial server) does not transfer our data to others? I tried going to another server and had to create a new character.

By default, only official servers download data from one another.

Supposedly there is a setting to have your own server download data, but it is not uploaded to be shared to other unofficial servers/private servers for obvious security reasons.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

Gamesguy posted:

Unfortunately that server is behind on updates, you can't join if you have the newest update.

We should probably find an official server that keeps up with updates before we get too invested in that one.

I know there were two teams of goons running there last night. I didn't realize they were spitting out updates that fast. This was my first real experience with a survival game and I had a lot of fun watching everything progress. Our team went from fumblefucking around blind in the dark looking for each other or raiding some poor dudes shack out by a secluded oasis.

Some of the team focused on taming beasts. I decided to try and be the groups house decorator. So if you logged out last night in a thatch hut trailer on that Yoshi server, don't be scared when you wake up.

Somehow our pack dinos got away as well. I don't know if someone took them out but I had built a two car garage that we can park them in.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

I'm on the new update so I can't connect, in the meantime is there an official server goons are on? I just loaded into #24.

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

YANSEE posted:

I'm on the new update so I can't connect, in the meantime is there an official server goons are on? I just loaded into #24.

I'm #33 but we should find an official server to start building on

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
I was loving around with a gamepad last night, could use some improvements but it works well enough outside the menu

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
I wasn't able to join a server earlier, has performance improved at all with 1.60? I was getting 3FPS on Low with a 660 Ti

John Capslocke
Jun 5, 2007

VarXX posted:

I wasn't able to join a server earlier, has performance improved at all with 1.60? I was getting 3FPS on Low with a 660 Ti

Nope. So far all they've done to "optimize" the game, is downsample all the textures from 4000x4000 to 2000x2000 (which did nothing)

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

drat murderbirds. They just fly directly at you and then kill you in 2 hits

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

If a server is a showing 70/70 it still allows you to connect it just sits on the loading screen until a spot opens? Is that right? Not sure if I'm wasting my time trying to get back into the server I started on this morning.

edit: I can't leave the loading screen hmm

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Poop with Z

Koala Cola
Dec 21, 2005

I am the stone that the builder refused...

YANSEE posted:

If a server is a showing 70/70 it still allows you to connect it just sits on the loading screen until a spot opens? Is that right? Not sure if I'm wasting my time trying to get back into the server I started on this morning.

edit: I can't leave the loading screen hmm

I always get server full messages

also this game really wants me to upgrade my computer :sigh:

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
hello. m,y character model is completely black, unlit, in my inventory and also the select screen. whlat.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
So general consensus would be wait until the fix private servers?

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

It is an early access game that the devs have stated is about a year away from being ready. If you cant stand unoptimized (re: slow) engine and tons of bugs then you should probably wait. If not, it is a ton of fun and gorgeous if you have a beastly PC.

Do we have a goon tribe on any of the official servers?

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

It is an early access game that the devs have stated is about a year away from being ready. If you cant stand unoptimized (re: slow) engine and tons of bugs then you should probably wait. If not, it is a ton of fun and gorgeous if you have a beastly PC.

Do we have a goon tribe on any of the official servers?

I'm playing on Official #33.

Gamesguy
Sep 7, 2010

Goons on mumble says they're on official server 40.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

I've just been screwing around on Local a bit until there's a relatively stable goon server up. Not point in wasting a ton of time on progress that for-sure won't matter.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Gamesguy posted:

Goons on mumble says they're on official server 40.

this

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Gonna start up on this server I think then. Had some fun on official 4 but its been full constant since release.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

queeb posted:

Gonna start up on this server I think then. Had some fun on official 4 but its been full constant since release.

This one fills up too but slots open up fairly quickly.

Hoping some official servers pop up closer to australia at some point, sucks to play with 300 ping.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

if anyone sees any complaining about slenderman on server 40, that's me.

jestest
Feb 12, 2014

Ancient Aliens: Closer Encounters

queeb posted:

if anyone sees any complaining about slenderman on server 40, that's me.

pics? stuck late at work and can't play

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

jestest posted:

pics? stuck late at work and can't play

Me and stanley having a camp fire

queeb fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jun 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Has someone made a tribe yet?

I am enjoying this game some what. I like that it is easy to get yourself started in this.