Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

between DBD and Kleedrac, there is really only one choice. ab eing that radiates pure kingly evil

##vote cpig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

GulagDolls posted:

between DBD and Kleedrac, there is really only one choice. ab eing that radiates pure kingly evil

##vote cpig

Please explain your vote to its full reasoning.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
How can you possibly know that gulag, he didn't even answer your interrogation!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Hm. My new deck is cat themed and I geeked out too much over it being cute af to divine the king's identity

I think hunting the king himself is the wrong play, as we really need to be capping guards and looking at *their* interactions

I will try to do that this morning

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
In the words of the American Tolkien: "Do Or Do Not, Just Make Some Actual loving Reads Already Christ"

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
that is now my official mafia catch phrase because it annoys gulag just btw everyone

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
God you guys are picky, I check out for some of yesterday and its all "Where is cpig" and "Lets vote cpig"

anyway

##vote gulag OMGUS hah!

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

BottleKnight posted:

Oh really? Because this:

feels exactly like a guard bussing the king in order to throw off heat later and help confirm DBD. You didn't even remember to put your vote until the next post, and then this:

sounds much, much different than the tone of DBD's other posts. This is because it is a post where he forcibly acknowledges GG's accusation, and then dismisses it. He talks about setup spec, but not what he thinks of the fact that GG is accusing him. He's said several times in this game that GG pings him but does not call him out on anything. He is not trying to find alignment at all, because now he's found it and he just needs to very quickly swipe it away. He's actually been cooperating with GG quite a bit, despite mildly casing him. It seems like they know more than I do.

Looking back, this is a huge red flag, from D1:

It's a breadcrumb. I'm pretty damned sure it's GG telling DBD covertly that he is a guard.

I'm going for the win. Calling your bluff, GG.

##vote DBD

I think that between DBD being pushy as hell and constantly trying to use setup spec to add content he's a good lynch candidate regardless. I'm not a fan of breadcrumbs in any form for or against people - and this is part of the reason - if the only reason you're voting DBD is this weak breadcrumb interaction I'd say you're voting the right candidate for the wrong reasons.

BottleKnight posted:

If you win this game while only posting poo poo like this, I am going to be pretty salty. I feel like night actions are the only way to deal with you gulag, because everyone just kind of agrees that you're gulag and brushes poo poo off.

This is the most true post in the entire thread - loving Gulag.

On another note I'm really not happy with CPig lurking until called out and then making a joke - if you're not contributing to the game you may well be scum :P

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Kleedrac posted:

On another note I'm really not happy with CPig lurking until called out and then making a joke - if you're not contributing to the game you may well be scum :P

I dont really know who is scum and no one is actually making any good cases so :shrug:

Sorry if my not posting for one rl day sent you guys into fits.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

MC Eating Disorder posted:

GG my question for you is would you be willing to vote for BK over DBD?

With a compelling enough case maybe. I mean I definitely think he's a guard, but shouldn't we be going for the king? He can jump on my vote in a weird way like he has calling it a bluff, but his argument feels forced.

CapitalistPig posted:

I dont really know who is scum and no one is actually making any good cases so :shrug:

Do you have any picks at all? What's your case?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

Do you have any picks at all? What's your case?

You literally quoted the answer to this question right above it.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CapitalistPig posted:

You literally quoted the answer to this question right above it.

...but I mean like do you have any reads or feelings about players or interaction ITT so far?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Kleedrac posted:

constantly trying to use setup spec to add content

What does this mean?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Ghastly Gangsta posted:

...but I mean like do you have any reads or feelings about players or interaction ITT so far?

CapitalistPig posted:

I dont really know who is scum

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Deadbeat Dad posted:

What does this mean?

You have an abnormally large number of posts wherein you discuss;
1) How the king would act
2) How the guards would act
3) How the king would react to the guards
4) How the guards would react to the king

I've said this before but I often see scum try to make as many posts that can't be called out as possible so they can simultaneously avoid being lurkers and getting lynched for that. If you make an opinion post on another player you can get called out on it - if you make a post talking about the king's knowledge or lack thereof it's a post in your favor that no one can really discuss or glean information from.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

thats not setup spec. its dabbling at human psychology and also perfectly possible for another person to argue with, although the conversation, much like this one, will go nowhere.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
+ kleedrac has a different reason for voting me every time. It's seriously some different reason every post. Your first vote on me was for basically getting the lynch wrong.

"Abnormally large" number of posts? All I see is a few from day 1 when there was actual setup spec discussion, I'd like to see in quotes what you consider discussion on those specific points, because now I'm curious. I feel like you want me out of this game because I'm on to your guardness

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

GulagDolls posted:

thats not setup spec. its dabbling at human psychology and also perfectly possible for another person to argue with, although the conversation, much like this one, will go nowhere.

This should prove DBD is bad - he's being defended by Gulag "Shitpost Inc" Dolls.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LISmPmdUhYA

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Deadbeat Dad (3): Kleedrac, Ghastly Gangsta, BottleKnight
CapitalistPig (1): GulagDolls
GulagDolls (1): CapitalistPig
Kleedrac (1): Deadbeat Dad

Not Voting (2): MC Eating Disorder, Tremendous Taste

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
If somebody else votes me, I will hammer myself and show you that I am rebel and we will be hosed because I am a threat to them (not that I'm playing well or anything, but it's obvious certain people want me out and refuse to look elsewhere in the game).

If you really want to vote a scum, vote Kleedrac.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

##vote dbd

##unvote
##vote kleedrac

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
##vote kleedrac

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Thanks for the support, friends.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
I'm just glad I'm not the only one who doesn't seem to get this. I'm trying - I'm making cases - DBD votes me. Cpig/Gulag have said gently caress-all and just dropped votes where King DBD tells them and that's OK.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Kleedrac posted:

I'm just glad I'm not the only one who doesn't seem to get this. I'm trying - I'm making cases - DBD votes me. Cpig/Gulag have said gently caress-all and just dropped votes where King DBD tells them and that's OK.

You've said I was guard this entire game and now I'm the king? That's a huge switch which completely changes your cases.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I think it's the pigman

##vote pig

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Tremendous Taste posted:

I think it's the pigman

##vote pig

That's what you get for thinking.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Tremendous Taste posted:

I think it's the pigman

##vote pig

How much of yourself do you see in "zero" from megaman x

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I actually preferred zero's abilities in X5

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I like this post

Kleedrac posted:

I don't wanna vote dbd though

Let's vote pig for this saying he doesn't have any good scum reads and then just dropping a vote on the party line

If pig flips guard I will vote DBD tomorrow with the rest of you no questions asked. If pig flips town you guys are gonna have to work harder on the DBD case because I'm still not convinced

##vote pig

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

I like this post

I don't wanna vote dbd though

Let's vote pig for this saying he doesn't have any good scum reads and then just dropping a vote on the party line

If pig flips guard I will vote DBD tomorrow with the rest of you no questions asked. If pig flips town you guys are gonna have to work harder on the DBD case because I'm still not convinced

##vote pig

spoiler alert: I'm a rebel

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Do you think Kleedrac is the king or a guard pig? Just curious

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Like people keep saying that they think the king is probably doing a lot of hard work scum hunting in this game and I think if that's true, the king is probably BK tbh. I don't know if you think Kleedrac is king or not since you haven't really been making any stupid-long effort posts about your feelings (which is normal pig play to not do I acknowledge that) but if you are going for him because he's the king I think that is insanely wrong. There is no way the king would play so fast and loose. The more kleedrac posts the more he feels like well meaning but completely off-base town. Maybe he's a guard, I haven't really noticed him making any effort to avoid acknowledging any good cases on anyone else though, which should be the absolute biggest scumtell on this game.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I think the king is probably mced, only kings talk so much.

##vote mced

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
MC to answer your question from earlier, no I don't think I'd vote for Kleedrac. I would vote for DBD or GG, and I'd have to think harder before anyone else.

Like people keep saying that they think the king is probably doing a lot of hard work scum hunting in this game and I think if that's true, the king is probably BK tbh.

Or, you know, DBD. Like, the fact that I am getting so little suspicion this game is weird, but the fact that people are soft casing me as soon as I vote for DBD is... odd.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Deadbeat Dad (3): Kleedrac, Ghastly Gangsta, BottleKnight
CapitalistPig (2): Tremendous Taste, MC Eating Disorder
Kleedrac (2): Deadbeat Dad, GulagDolls
MC Eating Disorder (1): CapitalistPig

Not Voting (0):

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

CapitalistPig posted:

I think the king is probably mced, only kings talk so much.

##vote mced

what do you think about BK as king? Lets say I get lynched today, I'm gonna flip town. Would you consider BK then?

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I still think its a huge mistake to go straight for the king because it makes sense that the king would disguise themselves as a strong town player. This means that people pushing for voting for the king are advocating pushing for the strongest town players. This is absolutely stupid and why I don't want to vote DBD. Lets nail some low effort posters first and see how they voted. If pig flips guard today I will absolutely believe DBD is king and vote for him today. If pig flips town, I think the DBD case has some merit to it, but its not worth potentially taking a good town player out of the game for it. BK, the only reason I mention you as a potential king is you have absolutely no poo poo on you today. That's very weird imo. Do you get what I mean by that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
just an aside, I absolutely love this format, even though its frustrating as hell and I would 100% play this style of game again, as long as I did not have anything stressful going on in my life because I'm rankled up as HELL and thats like 75% of what Ilove about mafia

• Locked thread