Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Dog tech confirmed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

sout posted:

Fallout 3: Vault 101
Fallout 4: Vault 111
Fallout 5: Name Vault Later

Vault 1111

World of Vaults.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

sout posted:

Fallout 3: Vault 101
Fallout 4: Vault 111
Fallout 5: Name Vault Later
101 -> 21 -> 111 -> 31

The social experiment in Obsidian's Fallout: Lone Star will involve ice cream

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Generic Monk posted:

Goons will be goons and Bethesda will be Bethesda. Honest, frank discussion will take place amid, and eventually replace, the apocalyptic 7 stages of grief that accompany the reveal of a dece trailer for a game that will realistically be at least pretty good.

That makes me feel a little better. :unsmith:

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Firstborn posted:

So you made a thread for shitposting? Can we expect another thread with less crying over a loving teaser trailer?

not on this website

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

SERPUS posted:

Why would you preorder this?

Because fallout is the best series of video games in human history. Fact.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

SERPUS posted:

The same reason I preorder anything: I am a massive hypocrite.

Still haven't actually bought a game for £50 yet, gotta be vigilant for better deals I suppose. If you are going to preorder there's no reason to not do it at the last possible minute, if you're on Steam at least.

Suicide Pacmen
Mar 26, 2002

Rabbit season!

DoctorStrangelove posted:

I will play this game and have some fun with it probably.

YOU MONSTER

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Vault 420

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Is this where people come to bitch? I thought all the bitching was pretty funny.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

when ubisoft or EA make bad games they are pissant garbagedumps of boredom

but when bethesda makes bad games i.e. fallout 3 and NV--both of which I played for like 30 hours---they are entertaining masterpieces of unintentionally hilarious glitches, fuckups, ugly doll people and ragdoll bloodmurder physics. what I'm saying is Fallout 4 will be hilarious and Good for Entertainment

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
ah yes, the bad game made by bad people for bad posters, i will play it

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Skeezy posted:

Vault 420

http://420.moe

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

War never changes. Or does it? No. Yes?

The war has changed.

...Has it?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

MinibarMatchman posted:

when ubisoft or EA make bad games they are pissant garbagedumps of boredom

but when bethesda makes bad games i.e. fallout 3 and NV--both of which I played for like 30 hours---they are entertaining masterpieces of unintentionally hilarious glitches, fuckups, ugly doll people and ragdoll bloodmurder physics. what I'm saying is Fallout 4 will be hilarious and Good for Entertainment

New Vegas was developed by Obsidian.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

The war has changed.

...Has it?

No, of course not. Is war.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Skeezy posted:

Vault 420

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

SERPUS posted:

Preorder DLC

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

SERPUS posted:

TBF I'm likely going to buy this no matter what. Not gonna preorder though out of principle unless I can get a baller discount.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

After playing Fallout 3 I have created a map of what approximately 70% of Fallout 4 will consist of

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I enjoyed Fallout 3. NV was better but I still had fun with FO3 and I suspect I'll have fun with FO4, even if it isn't as good as other games.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

:nod:

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Bolow posted:

After playing Fallout 3 I have created a map of what approximately 70% of Fallout 4 will consist of

It begins. Again.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xehgV6VcMT4

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

I don't even care if this game is horribly flawed like the previous generation of games, something about the Fallout/Elder Scrolls series of games just makes me sink enjoyable hours into them, while recognising that they aren't objectively great. I replayed some of the DLC for New Vegas recently with my horrible overpowered character, and despite the fact that VATS sucks, it's buggy, overly easy 99% of the time, the graphics look like someone smeared vaseline all over your monitor and everything is loving sepia or green, I still had a blast, and how many games can you say that about?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

feedmegin posted:

New Vegas was developed by Obsidian.

it still had the same realdoll physics and game engine crapshoots.

also not sure why people would preorder this when we don't even know a single thing about it, much less release date. Like at least I can see why you'd order Batman or even the new piece of poo poo AssCreed but man, at least wait til E3 to see if we get some news VATSLOGIC system for Fallout

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
I'm pretty stoked for fallout 3.1. Now still without ambient occlusion!

Gambryo never changes.

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

E: phone app broke my post

Republican Vampire fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jun 3, 2015

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

MinibarMatchman posted:

also not sure why people would preorder this when we don't even know a single thing about it, much less release date. Like at least I can see why you'd order Batman or even the new piece of poo poo AssCreed but man, at least wait til E3 to see if we get some news VATSLOGIC system for Fallout
make critical VATS headshots make the targets' eyes explode, even when shot from back or side of head = return of eyeshots

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I'm really confused as to why they're making a voiced protagonist. Feels like a decision made by the executives than something Bethesda came up with by themselves.

Also holy moly, Bethesda, make some new animations. That running animation was lifted straight from Skyrim and it still sucks.

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

lmao

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

Knifegrab posted:

I'm pretty stoked for fallout 3.1. Now still without ambient occlusion!

Gambryo never changes.

After almost a decade, we still get Gamebryo with those "running with a stick in your rear end underwater" animations. War etc. etc.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

I'm excited for Bethesda's new, totally not Gamebryo engine.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I'm willing to bet it is just generic voice lines, not so much as a fully voiced guy/girl or whatever, ie. PlayerVoiceMaleAfrican, PlayerVoiceMaleCaucasian, PlayerVoiceFemaleAfrican, etc.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

His gripes are literally "Bethesda is making another open world game on the gamebryo engine and changing nothing"

Well no loving poo poo dude

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm glad of this topic

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

I, for one, am excited to play a video game in my hometown. I look forward to living out my dreams of nuking all the Boston University T stops. I only hope the level cap is really high, because I stopped playing New Vegas once I hit the level cap and became a murdergod.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

make critical VATS headshots make the targets' eyes explode, even when shot from back or side of head = return of eyeshots

i'd love this. make it all even stupider and it's Day 1 for me. I love shooting a dude in the foot only to have the whole leg fly off like 40 feet behind him. I love having a whole town of retards come after me when I steal a fork from a diner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Fallout 1 is a good game

• Locked thread