Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Yaos posted:

You failed making good posts but that never stopped you.

:yikes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

Generic Monk posted:

that's one of my fave gamebryo bugs and I hope it makes a glorious return in this game. the games would probably be lesser w/o them.

http://imperialguard.ytmnd.com/

Well then I have a gift for you my friend:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDanX-beShQ

This happened to me like 6 years ago. I had almost a million views on it before it got turned into a gif. Love when it randomly pops up here on reddit.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Fallouta.com? More like falloutamyass.com

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001

Uh, so, is there going to be controversy if you can't choose your sexual preference and or identity with your prewar partner because this is looking a little too traditional for the internet's taste.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Propaganda Hour posted:

Fallouta.com? More like falloutamyass.com

I made that joke already. :colbert:

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Holy poo poo, A+ sperg rant going on in this. You can literally hear the little white pockets of spittle that form in the corners of his mouth... what an idiot.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

lol

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
ohno it's almost as if Fallout happens in super conservative super lovely 1950's world where you have to conform to all American standards.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I'm just gonna predict the beginning of the game. You start off just before the bombs land. You go through your army physical or something to set your stats, learn the controls by wandering around a bit, and interact with all your neighbors and wife or husband. Then the bombs start dropping, you run to the Vault with your family and then you enter a cryogenics pod and advance 200 or so years into the future. You wake up, but everyone else is missing, so your main goal is searching for where your family and neighbors went.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

AlternateAccount posted:

Also I wish Bethesda would acknowledge that their implementation of VATS in a 3rd person FPS is loving dumb and doesn't work and needs a pretty serious rethink. OH LOL I SHOT HIM IN THE DICK LOOOOLLLLL

I think I know the problem, but it is not with the game...

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Okay Troy, gunna need you to just speak a bunch of gibberish: surprised gibberish, angry gibberish, melancholy gibberish. We'll be back in a few hours.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

TheBuilder posted:

Uh, so, is there going to be controversy if you can't choose your sexual preference and or identity with your prewar partner because this is looking a little too traditional for the internet's taste.

Of course. And those people complaining about poo poo will be rock stupid because gently caress you it's a new Fallout game.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

I was just thinking the character models look like the Cims when you zoom all the gently caress way in in Cities: Skylines.

Which is to say, not good.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

RBA Starblade posted:

I made that joke already. :colbert:

Well excuse me princess

I really look forward to the completely mangled accents. "Wicked pisser."

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

TheBuilder posted:

I can literally, literally guarantee there will be. 100%.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Vault 404: textures not found.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So what's going to happen when we see the before and after pictures of the graphics and then have to deal with the "downgrade" for console plebs and then Utanyan comes and shits up the whole thread?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

There is a 0% chance that you won't be able to customize your character.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

AlternateAccount posted:

Also I wish Bethesda would acknowledge that their implementation of VATS in a 3rd person FPS is loving dumb and doesn't work and needs a pretty serious rethink. OH LOL I SHOT HIM IN THE DICK LOOOOLLLLL

playing the bethesda fallout/new vegas in third person is extremely indicative of systemic brain damage imo

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
I'm getting jiggled pretty hard by this Bethesda trailer. Might be time to see what those NMA people are up to.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

AlternateAccount posted:

What kind of brain-damaged failure plays 3 or NV in third person mode?

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

So what's going to happen when we see the before and after pictures of the graphics and then have to deal with the "downgrade" for console plebs and then Utanyan comes and shits up the whole thread?

You can't downgrade much more than the already in place graphics that would be right at home in 2007

Gentwise
Sep 12, 2003
Gentwise Bankfourthe, Esquire.
WHELP guys, they reused some animations, now there's no way I'll enjoy scavenging in this stylized post-apocalyptic wasteland video game.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Phil Tenderpuss posted:

Ahahahahahahaha

Haha yeah, I can't wait for the Fallout 4 Fr*king sucks! megathread

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Gentwise posted:

WHELP guys, they reused some animations, now there's no way I'll enjoy scavenging in this stylized post-apocalyptic wasteland video game.

It's not perfect therefore it is evil.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
The trailer made me think the dog was playable.

I want that and dickpunching.

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Saagonsa posted:

Haha yeah, I can't wait for the Fallout 4 Fr*king sucks! megathread

Gentwise posted:

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

It's not perfect therefore it is evil.

Lol how can you defend this poo poo

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Bholder posted:

I think I know the problem, but it is not with the game...

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

What kind of brain-damaged failure plays 3 or NV in third person mode?

Derp derp derp, I meant 1st/3rd. I don't know, I am sure someone out there does. Point is that VATS is shoehorned in and stupid.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Phil Tenderpuss posted:

I have had a lot of fun playing Fallout before and expect to have fun playing Fallout again

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

AlternateAccount posted:

Derp derp derp, I meant 1st/3rd. I don't know, I am sure someone out there does. Point is that VATS is shoehorned in and stupid.

Not really, it is surprisingly well done and works pretty well even though the concept was stupid

Phil Tenderpuss posted:

Have you looked at any video game ever?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Phil Tenderpuss posted:

I would assume based off Bethesda's long-running history of games that look kind of rear end and yet people still play for roughly seven thousand hours.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Phil Tenderpuss posted:

I literally don't give any amount of poo poo about reused animations or the fact the graphics in the trailer were derpy. It's a new Fallout game and I'm excited about it.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

instead of a wrist pip boy, a boot pip boy. look down and pip boy is staring up from your toes

stealth movement no longer possible

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

AlternateAccount posted:

IT's quite a step up from the combat in the first two games.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Fallout 3 didn't have good gameplay or story though.

BlackLaser
Dec 2, 2005

quote:

Pre-order Fallout 4 and get 20% off your next purchase on the Bethesda Store! (A 20% off code will be emailed to you after purchase. 20% off excludes games, pre-sale, deposit and sale items. Codes expire October 31, 2015.)

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

I literally don't give any amount of poo poo about reused animations or the fact the graphics in the trailer were derpy. It's a new Fallout game and I'm excited about it.

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

sout posted:

I have had a lot of fun playing Fallout before and expect to have fun playing Fallout again

I had a lot of fun playing Fallout, too. New Vegas at least. Its just incredible to me that they are still using the Gamebryo engine and all the animations, models, and assets that they've had in the engine since oblivion.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Ten bucks says they're gonna pull the "well Fallout takes place in a post-ALTERNATE REALITY 1950s, so they're probably actually really progressive" card. The fact this was not true in earlier iterations of the series will likely have no bearing on this decision.

:v: "Nrgh... sorry Elizabethmeat... I was just thinking of my husband.... huff....... he was the best man I ever met..... our son was so beautiful"
:dogge: <Weren't you alive in the 1950s Troy Baker?>
:v: "Yes Elizabethmeat I was...... but it was a different 1950s than the one most people know.... (wink and nod at the audience)... much more progressive for sure....."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

SunAndSpring posted:

Fallout 3 didn't have good gameplay or story though.

Agreed. I can't believe they're going back to in house development instead of letting Obsidian develop 4.

• Locked thread