Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

MC Eating Disorder posted:

What bugs me about your claim is it comes towards the end of the chain of miller claims. That in of itself isn't suspicious but the fact that you aren't looking at the other miller claims for your vote is. If you're actually serious, why aren't you looking harder at the other millers? Do you seriously think there are 3 (I'm not counting TT here because there's no way in hell anyone could have taken that seriously)

Well, Cpig claimed first, and I'm not convinced he's lying. My role is Miller, so if he's a miller as well, then that probably indicates something funky with the setup. I mean, he could also be lying, but we've already demonstrated we have a dayvig as well. I'm not about to throw out the idea of a hilarious setup. I mean, the setup was said to be full of power roles, after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Any particular reason why you think pig isn't lying?

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
If I'm right, and we do have a ton of millers, his initial claim is pretty safe, unless the mafia somehow already knew that there were a ton of millers. I'm not going to add multiple layers of complexity to this right now, so its safe (for me) to assume that he's telling the truth. If he's not, we'll probably find out, which will dash all the other miller claims to pieces. Considering I'm one of the miller claims, well, obviously that means I'd be lying too, right?

Its easier for me to believe he's a miller after the other miller claims lining up with the fact that I'm a miller. It makes... sense, I guess.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Hazdoc posted:

Well, Cpig claimed first, and I'm not convinced he's lying. My role is Miller, so if he's a miller as well, then that probably indicates something funky with the setup. I mean, he could also be lying, but we've already demonstrated we have a dayvig as well. I'm not about to throw out the idea of a hilarious setup. I mean, the setup was said to be full of power roles, after all.

And Apostate was a Hider. On the other hand I genuinely am vanilla, and it would be decidedly odd if I was the only one, so don't throw out the idea that at least some of them are lying just yet. In fact I think we should lynch someone who has claimed Miller today to test the water.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Scum can claim miller out of the blue for no reason even if there were absolutely none in the setup to begin with though! That's kind of the whole thing with miller claims, sometimes scum just do them because its convenient. If you're town, I guarantee either Pig or Illuen are scum because in a role heavy setting like this, no scum is dumb enough to pass up that kind of opportunity. It makes them effectively immune to cops excluding any extremely niche or specialty roles and it saves them the hassle of formulating an actual role-claim later if that ever becomes necessarily. There's absolutely no good reason for you to believe pig if you're telling the truth. At least one of the miller claims is scum and I still think its you, although I'd really like Pig to weigh in as well.

Illuen
Feb 18, 2011

All comedy is derived from fear.

Jedit posted:

And Apostate was a Hider. On the other hand I genuinely am vanilla, and it would be decidedly odd if I was the only one, so don't throw out the idea that at least some of them are lying just yet. In fact I think we should lynch someone who has claimed Miller today to test the water.

You see, this doesn't set right with me. Not that I don't believe you, but it seems odd to me that we'd have so many Millers and then have Vanilla. With the flavor of this game I can easily see a full powers game. Of course, at that point, it comes down to are you lying about being Vanilla or are some of the Millers lying. I know I'm not lying about being a Miller, so I have to look between the other people making the claim. I'm rusty, so I'm not going to accuse anyone, but it is definitely something we should be taking into consideration.

Illuen
Feb 18, 2011

Scum can claim miller out of the blue for no reason even if there were absolutely none in the setup to begin with though! That's kind of the whole thing with miller claims, sometimes scum just do them because its convenient. If you're town, I guarantee either Pig or Illuen are scum because in a role heavy setting like this, no scum is dumb enough to pass up that kind of opportunity. It makes them effectively immune to cops excluding any extremely niche or specialty roles and it saves them the hassle of formulating an actual role-claim later if that ever becomes necessarily. There's absolutely no good reason for you to believe pig if you're telling the truth. At least one of the miller claims is scum and I still think its you, although I'd really like Pig to weigh in as well.

For what it is worth, I agree with whoever (I believe it was Gridlocked) pointed out that based on the roles we've been exposed so far (Nova and Azmodan), flavor does seem to factor into this game's role selection. I've been open in stating numerous times what my character is, and why I feel it makes sense that that particular character was given to a Miller. Why don't the other Millers share the flavor of their roles?

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I don't think DGK ever claimed his flavour if that's what you're referring to with that Azmodan thing, unless I'm missing something.

Illuen
Feb 18, 2011

I don't think DGK ever claimed his flavour if that's what you're referring to with that Azmodan thing, unless I'm missing something.

Ah, in that case I must've misread. Still, between Nova, my flavor, and what others have said RE: their role, it is firmly what I believe this point, which is why I'm so curious as to what flavor these other claimed millers have.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Well judging from who my person is, I'm pretty sure my power is an inversion of what is expected of them.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

We should either no lynch or just lynch miller claims

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Why wouldn't you claim your flavour if you already roleclaimed?

That goes for every other miller claim as well

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

One person claimed they were Murky, I remember. I actually find that kind of suspicious, because it's the most obvious flavour for a Miller possible, but then again Nova was the most obvious Hider so :shrug:

Illuen
Feb 18, 2011

SirSamVimes posted:

One person claimed they were Murky, I remember. I actually find that kind of suspicious, because it's the most obvious flavour for a Miller possible, but then again Nova was the most obvious Hider so :shrug:

That was me. I'll stand by it until I die, at which point I won't actually be standing, but I will be Mrglrgling.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah I don't know enough about hots yet but if it's good flavour for the claim it's dumb to say it's suspicious because of that

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

SirSamVimes posted:

:eng101: Zera could have been a hider as well due to being the other stealth character. Tyrande's ult (one of them) is also able to grant stealth to allies, thus could have been a good hider candidate. :eng101:

I belive Murky's claim of being bulletproof though; Murkeys ability to only be worth 0.25 of a kill and respawn instantly if his egg is alive is a good basis for bulletproof.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Jedit posted:

Is anyone else completely vanilla?

Because I don't believe this.

I think this is a game where everyone has some sort of role.

##vote Jedit

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

Is anyone else completely vanilla?

Because I don't believe this.

I think this is a game where everyone has some sort of role.

##vote Jedit

As usual, you're wrong. My role PM describes several things my character can do in the game, but then specifically tells me I can't do them. I'll provide specific wording for how it says so if that doesn't break the rule on posting your PM in the thread.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Jedit posted:

As usual, you're wrong.

:allears:

Illuen
Feb 18, 2011

Jedit posted:

As usual, you're wrong. My role PM describes several things my character can do in the game, but then specifically tells me I can't do them. I'll provide specific wording for how it says so if that doesn't break the rule on posting your PM in the thread.

On the one hand, I don't believe you exactly that you're vanilla, but I can understand why you wouldn't want to put what you can do out there for scum to know. It is suspicious, but then I find c-pig very suspicious as well.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Jedit posted:

Apostate was Nexus-aligned. I am also Nexus-aligned, but I don't know who my teammates are and I have the Town win condition. I therefore feel safe in assuming that Nexus are the Town team and anybody who is not Nexus are the scum. If imgay was Nexus-aligned, he wouldn't think it was cool to kill a teammate. Thus: imgay must be scum or 3P.

##vote imgay

This is still a really weird justification for a vote and I don't like it. Not much else to say about random dayvig. But I can chalk it up to bad day 1 shenanigans.

Jedit posted:

Three points.

1) In promoting the passive lynching of lurkers TT is ducking the responsibility of having voted for them.

2) Voting for a lurker might conceivably push them into posting. If TT is scum then he knows if the bottom person is Town or not. If they're Town he as scum wouldn't want them to post more and get out of the danger zone.

3) It should be a given that Town need to hunt scum; encouraging us not to do so is anti-Town.

Note that I am not (yet) arguing that TT is scum because he's doing this. I'm saying that discouraging active pursuit of the scum is not a move we should be accepting at this time. We need content. What he's offering is weaker than even a policy lynch.

This logic train though derails it every time.

##vote Jedit

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

dscruffy1 posted:

This is still a really weird justification for a vote and I don't like it. Not much else to say about random dayvig. But I can chalk it up to bad day 1 shenanigans.

##vote Jedit

Me: maybe we should hunt scum?

You: That's so scummy!

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man
I'm nexus, if that helps anyone.

The only people that seem reasonably scummy are the ones who are trying to convince us with these weak rear end claims.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Yeah, and the people who are just sitting back and deciding the claimers are scummy are surely spotless townies. Your "nexus" claim is great and all, but everyone is going to claim it. Unless you want to claim miller too, that'd be cool.

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man
Well I'm not a miller, I'm even more useless.

But knowing imgay, he hasn't exhibited any scummy behavior at all. So for example someone claiming hes scum because he was excited about a random dayvig either just doesn't know him or is trying to deflect from their own scumminess.

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man
So to suggest something useful.

Hazdoc posted:

Well judging from who my person is, I'm pretty sure my power is an inversion of what is expected of them.

This is very much in line with the flavor of my role PM. So I believe you are nexus and a miller because that is a jake thing to do and also matches up with what we've seen so far.

Maybe we should be focusing on identifying who we all are seeing as there is obviously a pattern of some sort.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I don't think a mass claim on Day 1 is ever a good idea

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Meh i dont even care its not like im going to be high on the list of kill targets.

I'm Thrall, a Miller / Mason Recruiter.

Who wants to Join the Horde tonight?

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.

Tremendous Taste posted:

We should either no lynch or just lynch miller claims

Hey cool, welcome to the scum list!

This is the second or third time you've advocated for a no lynch. You know who like no lynches? Scum, because it's easier than trying to scumhunt.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.

SirSamVimes posted:

Oh my god please stop with the "flavor = role" talk, you're not JakeP, you don't know what roles he would assign to a character, this is useless speculation.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

At this point we don't really have much to go on beyond the mass of Miller claims, so it's about as useless as most of the speculation here.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

dscruffy1 posted:

##vote Jedit

Nah, when I read Jedit's votes, I get new-bad-townie vibe.

Your vote, on the other hand, is really pretty opportunistic. It's easy to swipe at newbies who don't know what they're doing. I don't even fully get your justification for a vote here.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Obstacle2 posted:

I'm nexus, if that helps anyone.

The only people that seem reasonably scummy are the ones who are trying to convince us with these weak rear end claims.

Nope, doesn't help. Don't buy it, you're not even scumhunting, you're just pointing at people that have claimed and going ":derp: scum :derp:"

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Jedit ain't new

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

WHICH WAY MADNESS posted:

Hey cool, welcome to the scum list!

This is the second or third time you've advocated for a no lynch. You know who like no lynches? Scum, because it's easier than trying to scumhunt.

Don't be stupid

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Also in this game a no lynch offs a lurker, which is Cool and Good. It'll be better later on though, because right now we need information more than anything and a lurker lynch (lurker no-lynch?) is bad for giving info

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Obstacle2 posted:

Well I'm not a miller, I'm even more useless.

But knowing imgay,
As in outside of the forums?

quote:

he hasn't exhibited any scummy behavior at all.
:objection: Please point out in what way he has been townie this game. Because not "exhibiting any scummy behavior at all" has another term, and that is flying under the radar. Which is exactly what he's been doing by not doing anything to put forward any sort of scumhunting this game. He's the #2 poster in this game, and these are the closest he's come to actual effort this game: 1 2
Seriously, read his post history, and tell me I'm wrong.

quote:

So for example someone claiming hes scum because he was excited about a random dayvig either just doesn't know him or is trying to deflect from their own scumminess.
Nope.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Obstacle2 posted:

Maybe we should be focusing on identifying who we all are seeing as there is obviously a pattern of some sort.

It is DAY loving ONE

Please do not advocate for a mass claim, that is an objectively terrible idea.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

CapitalistPig posted:

Who wants to Join the Horde tonight?

Hell to the yes.

Zug zug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

WHICH WAY MADNESS posted:

Hell to the yes.

Zug zug.

This means that tomorrow you can confirm Pig's claim, right?

• Locked thread