Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Eonwe posted:

man im glad i dont have to go into a store anymore to buy a game and deal with those shitlords

I was only in the store because I had to buy the playstation 4 to play a single video game that I was also buying right then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Commissar Of Doom posted:

Rope Kid make a new fallout game plz

Just use kickstarter to make off-brand Fallout the way Pillars is off-brand D&D. Off-brand Fallout made by Obsidian would kickstart like $1,000,000,000 dollars.

(Actually, I'd rather you did a fresh setting with the spirit of the Fallout/Arcanum style rpgs, but I'll settle for off-brand post-apocalypse.)

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
So who's porting NEw Vegas to 4's new engine thing?

Mr. Kerstbal
Sep 2, 2011

ORIGINAL MONKEY FUCKER

Eonwe posted:

man im glad i dont have to go into a store anymore to buy a game and deal with those shitlords

Yeah! gently caress those guys!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

How come no super nerds remade FO1 and 2 with GECK or whatever.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Fintilgin posted:

Just use kickstarter to make off-brand Fallout the way Pillars is off-brand D&D. Off-brand Fallout made by Obsidian would kickstart like $1,000,000,000 dollars.

(Actually, I'd rather you did a fresh setting with the spirit of the Fallout/Arcanum style rpgs, but I'll settle for off-brand post-apocalypse.)

It's called Wasteland 2

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

I certainly hope they aren't secretly using Gamebryo like they did in Skyram.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Groovelord Neato posted:

How come no super nerds remade FO1 and 2 with GECK or whatever.

Because FO1 and 2 still look and play better than FO3. Trailer/game looks terrible btw.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

The Flying Milton posted:

I certainly hope they aren't secretly using Gamebryo like they did in Skyram.
Nope. They're openly using Gamebryo like they did in Skyrim.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Commissar Of Doom posted:

Rope Kid make a new fallout game plz

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

J-Spot posted:

Nope. They're openly using Gamebryo like they did in Skyrim.

I just threw up a little.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Rinkles posted:

So who's porting NEw Vegas to 4's new engine thing?

It's already done! The mod is called Fallout New Vegas!

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

this game is going to be poo poo that was poo poo out of an rear end, shoved back in the rear end, and poo poo out a second time

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
I just hope the gore system is incredibly silly.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I look forward to the next several months of this thread.

It is good.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Bholder posted:

It's called Wasteland 2

I liked Wasteland 2. I backed Wasteland 2. It's not in the same league as an Obsidian off-brand Fallout would be.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

£50 on Steam in the UK, that's ridiculous.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Wachepti posted:

Because FO1 and 2 still look and play better than FO3.

No no they don;'t

Commissar Of Doom
Apr 21, 2009
All I wanna do is a zoom-a zoom zoom (in a Chryslus Highwayman) and a boom-a boom boom (with a nuclear warhead slingshot)

Commissar Of Doom
Apr 21, 2009
Let's port Fallout 1 and 2 to the unity engine!

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

I will remain cautiously optimistic that they've learnt how to make a game with more depth than a puddle, but it's not likely.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

megalodong posted:

I will remain cautiously optimistic that they've learnt how to make a game with more depth than a puddle, but it's not likely.

They won't

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

megalodong posted:

what the hell is wrong with you

Eonwe posted:

They won't

and you

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

enraged_camel posted:

and you

What

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I heard this game is good so you people need to chill the gently caress out with that negativity, it's NOT needed here.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I heard this game is good so you people need to chill the gently caress out with that negativity, it's NOT needed here.

Yea

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

I know it's not a popular opinion, but Fallout 3 was absolutely amazing, hats off to Obsidian Entertainment. That weird east coast spinoff Bethesda did before it was hot garbage though, and this latest disasterpiece looks just as bad.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

enraged_camel posted:

and you

Neither skyrim nor FO3 had any depth whatsoever to them. Even with goons and their love of overreacting to things, the npcs in new vegas create far stronger reactions in people than anything in those two games, as do the choices you're required to make. As opposed to skyrim's "be everything all at once" design style, or 3's "save the orphan kitten or skin it alive" decisions.

I could just post the transcript of 3's original ending if you'd prefer though.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I can already predict there will be a DLC expansion for Fallout 4 set in the fictional city of Arkham and/or Innsmouth and it's basically the Dunwich building from Fallout 3 as well as that one quest from Point Lookout all over again but it's an entire DLC this time.

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I shall play the game

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I can already predict there will be a DLC expansion for Fallout 4 set in the fictional city of Arkham and/or Innsmouth and it's basically the Dunwich building from Fallout 3 as well as that one quest from Point Lookout all over again but it's an entire DLC this time.

Sounds awesome, can I pre-order that too?

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
I hope we finally get to go to China

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

I was born 87 years ago. For 65 years I've ruled as New Boston's mayor. But for all these years I have never been the ruler of my own dreams. I have seen the Gates of Vault 111, beyond which no waking eye may see. Behold, in Darkness a Doom sweeps the land. But war..... War never changes.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Mr. Fortitude posted:

That would be fun, neat.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I hope the aliens come back again too, the alien rayguns were really cool.

Commissar Of Doom
Apr 21, 2009

Mr. Fortitude posted:

If I can fight a giant radioactive octopus man and his fish-man drones I'm all for this.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

This is actually a lot more civil than when Fallout 3 was announced and everyone was bitching about "IT'S OBLIVION WITH GUNS AND YOU CAN'T KILL CHILDREN!".

gently caress the goons from 07-09 that Helldump purged.

Cerebulon
Mar 29, 2010

Destroyer of Worlds*
(*No worlds were harmed in the making of this title.)

Player character turns out to be an android created by the Institute in Big Twist Climax.

buri-chan
Jun 2, 2015

Pretentious Idiot
Oh dear, it seems they got confused and accidentally posted an unused trailer from Fallout 3 instead.

(day one preorder)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akoogly Eyes
Apr 27, 2010

cheesy anime pizza undresses you with pepperoni eyes
This game is gonna be tight as hell. Can't wait to play it on my XBox One! I wonder what kind of preorder bonuses I'll get from GameStop?

• Locked thread