Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Day 3 Vote Count

Met (5): Gridlocked, GulagDolls, Tremendous Taste, Opopanax, -GulagDolls, The Ninth Layer, CCKeane
MEDS CURE SCHIZOS (3): QuoProQuid, GulagDolls, Somberbrero
QuoProQuid (2): The Ninth Layer, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, GulagDolls, -GulagDolls, -The Ninth Layer, dscruffy1, -MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS
Gridlocked (1): Met

ETA to deadline: 8 hours, 43 minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Meds' case amounts to bad therefore scum.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

Somberbrero posted:

Case on meds or case belonging to meds?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Somberbrero posted:

Somberbrero is bitter about previous games therefore bad vote.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Look Under The Rock posted:

Case on meds or case belonging to meds?

The case Meds made. I don't know whether it's bad-scummy or bad-wrong but it's definitely bad.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I believe the Meds vs QPD will be unfruitful either way it swings. Neither of you come across as disingenuous in your scum hunting despite claiming the other, in fact, is disingenuous.

On the other hand, Griclocked and Ninth Layer are terrible. Vote them for a better tomorrow.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Met posted:

I believe the Meds vs QPD will be unfruitful either way it swings. Neither of you come across as disingenuous in your scum hunting despite claiming the other, in fact, is disingenuous.

On the other hand, Griclocked and Ninth Layer are terrible. Vote them for a better tomorrow.

I haven't noticed anything specifically terrible about Ninth, what are you seeing

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I haven't noticed anything specifically terrible about Ninth, what are you seeing

Same reason for everyone else Met thinks is scum, they voted for him

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Opopanax posted:

Oh hey you're in this game

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

So deadline is tonight right?

I have class at 7, expect me back around 9:30.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Opopanax posted:

I happen to know his target is townie.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Met posted:

Oh, you.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Met posted:

You just shot a townie.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

The Ninth Layer posted:

You just shot a townie.

I'm only human.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Opopanax posted:

I don't recall calling out CCKeane, Tremendous Taste, or you. Those two I did call out just don't seem genuine to me.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Met posted:

I'm only human.

And I'm not?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

##vote mcs

i don't know if he's scum but i know i don't want to play with him

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Met posted:

I don't recall calling out CCKeane, Tremendous Taste, or you. Those two I did call out just don't seem genuine to me.

You literally called me out immediately after I voted for you, for no reason other than I voted for you

Met posted:

addendum: and consider Opopanax.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh sorry no, I hadn't voted for you yet. I just cast a tiny bit of suspicion on you at that point, so you called me scum

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
1000YearsOfAttitude has replaced ChaosLord
Ixtlilton has replaced Mills

4 hours until deadline!

Quandary fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jun 4, 2015

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Opopanax posted:

You literally called me out immediately after I voted for you, for no reason other than I voted for you

My mistake. You're correct. You did make a poor choice there that I felt warranted consideration.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Impressions as I read through:

CCKeane posted:

I'm not going to be around for deadline because I have my DODGEBALL PLAYOFFS.

That said, I'm going to lay out a non-joke case and propose Met or Ecco for today, in order to avoid PETTY SQUABBLING.

Pmom later points that Keane is just champing at the bit to go after 2 people specifically. One turns out to be scum. Also, I've played with a lot of lurky scum Keanes as of late and I'm inclined to believe that's his average scum behavior. A a vote for lurking Keane is not a lurker lynch, it's a scum one.

His general posting history backs this up, even if I got the impression super early on.

The Ninth Layer posted:

With this view of the game you should be voting lurkers. Every time scum posts they are drawing attention to themselves.

To be fair I like killing lurkers as town or scum. They just drag down the game.

Opopanax posted:

Merk fear

Not a bad reason to be fair.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

QuoProQuid posted:

look man, i couldnt do another twelve hours of joke posting and thought the town needed an injection of the bleeding obvious to move it forward which seems to be working, so yay

my posts might not have been exceptional, but i prefer weak casing to shitposting

And what a thin line it is between this and white noise posting. This falls into what I so often call the incredibly frustrating 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' mindset of mafia. Some people will never be happy with anything you do. It's how I'm finding the cat-fight between MCS and QPQ. Just hissy and pointless, I don't think it makes one more scum than the other.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Oh hey you're in this game

I have an issue with Opop making a seemingly easy vote, and yet at the same time I feel we could re-name Occam's Razor to Opop's Razor since his good town play seems to embody that.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Pinterest Mom posted:

##vote mcs

i don't know if he's scum but i know i don't want to play with him

This worked for you once. Will you get lucky one more time? Still even though he's being a dick but I don't think he's scum.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I have an issue with Opop making a seemingly easy vote, and yet at the same time I feel we could re-name Occam's Razor to Opop's Razor since his good town play seems to embody that.

I support that.

Besides, it's only an easy vote because met is obvious scum

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Opopanax posted:

I support that.

I don't think I'd of volunteered to do it but I know when I play scum-team merk's often a target because he's merk. I mean Met does have a point. It is a very obvious thing to do and in a game like this scum would like to remain hidden, but the pay off seems to be much higher I think: lose one scum and potentially lose no more afterwards. And in a game this large scum can stand to lose one or two members without much difficulty.

I think we can only trust Pmom's alignment at this point but they're Ecco vig was a very lucky shot taken on pretty rash decisions and it doesn't give us much outside of that context.

##vote met. It's an easy choice but either we're overwhelmingly right or we're wrong. And if we're wrong you can be sure that there're scum in on this easy vote.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Also I really need to get to bed so I won't be able to partake in any more discussion tonight. Keane's playing his lurky scum game as far as I can tell and I'm going to look into his case more clearly tomorrow and see if I can't find something more concrete. I also need to re-read individual post histories to have a better grasp of things. Tomorrow, as long as it's not too nice outside. Goodnight!

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Whoa, I'm Mills. I'm gonna have to take a second to become Mills here. Bear with me.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Okay, so Mills has one post and its the signup post, I can see where he was coming from with that. Brainslugs seem p. cool and alright, really.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Opopanax posted:

I support that.

How do you plan to rationalize it when I flip town?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Okay, so I didn't read a single QPQ post or that long one by MCS but otherwise I'm caught up. Seems like we should kill the guy with d1 in his name. Really though, both Gulag and Opop were on him early D1 for some weird gut or joke stuff, that's a strong D1 case.

##vote dscruffy1

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Ixtlilton posted:

Okay, so I didn't read a single QPQ post or that long one by MCS but otherwise I'm caught up. Seems like we should kill the guy with d1 in his name. Really though, both Gulag and Opop were on him early D1 for some weird gut or joke stuff, that's a strong D1 case.

##vote dscruffy1

Rude!

Met posted:

Every time you say this I get increasingly uneasy. I've never seen a town player try to shame players into unvoting them. It's almost always a scum strategy.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Met posted:

Really haven't considered it. I'll probably go with "Oh, I guess he's just an idiot then"

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

100YrsofAttitude posted:

This worked for you once. Will you get lucky one more time? Still even though he's being a dick but I don't think he's scum.

I'm not proposing it as a scum hunting strategy, I'm proposing it as a "let's not have a guy calling people names in every post" strategy.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

QuoProQuid posted:

Every time you say this I get increasingly uneasy. I've never seen a town player try to shame players into unvoting them. It's almost always a scum strategy.

Lynch away, but if my death is going to accomplish anything, people need to actually try and explain it away.

Opopanax posted:

Really haven't considered it. I'll probably go with "Oh, I guess he's just an idiot then"

This guy is going to come into this thread in two hours and say, "Guess he was just an idiot then." rather than doing the rational move and thinking, "I read his actions incorrectly and made the wrong call." The former choice is scummy.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Met posted:

Lynch away, but if my death is going to accomplish anything, people need to actually try and explain it away.

This guy is going to come into this thread in two hours and say, "Guess he was just an idiot then." rather than doing the rational move and thinking, "I read his actions incorrectly and made the wrong call." The former choice is scummy.

lol if you think that's indicative of alignment from Opop.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Gridlocked, Opop, and The Ninth Layer's justifications are what read scummy.

I don't see Meds particularly as scum so I see no reason to vote for him to try and save myself.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hey remember when you called me scum, forgot, and then had me remind you and you suddenly started calling me scum again? Yeah I'm not going to feel bad if you somehow flip town

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Met posted:

Gridlocked, Opop, and The Ninth Layer's justifications are what read scummy.

I don't see Meds particularly as scum so I see no reason to vote for him to try and save myself.

I still don't see how offing someone who randomly wastes a perfectly good stab on a personal argument and then proceeds to justify people calling him out on it as "look at these scum" scummy.

• Locked thread