Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

Met posted:

My mistake. You're correct. You did make a poor choice there that I felt warranted consideration.

You know this logic really only works if you're super townie right?

On my way home y'all, also I'm on cloud nine because I may or may not have just turned in a perfect scoring math test, hallelujah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Met posted:

Gridlocked, Opop, and The Ninth Layer's justifications are what read scummy.

I don't see Meds particularly as scum so I see no reason to vote for him to try and save myself.

Your entire game has been throwing suspicion against people who voted you. You even killed merk more or less because he voted you.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Ixtlilton posted:

Okay, so I didn't read a single QPQ post or that long one by MCS but otherwise I'm caught up. Seems like we should kill the guy with d1 in his name. Really though, both Gulag and Opop were on him early D1 for some weird gut or joke stuff, that's a strong D1 case.

##vote dscruffy1

ixt it isn't d1 anymore. he is invulnerable now

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Oh gently caress I thought I had a vote down. ##vote MEDS CURE SCHIZOS

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

That ties things between Met and MEDS in case anyone wants to break that tie

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

There's no case on Betrayer besides "he's a jerk" so I don't know why people are voting him.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

he's a jerk, tnl. do you want a jerk on this ship

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Look Under The Rock posted:

That ties things between Met and MEDS in case anyone wants to break that tie

Well then, that makes poo poo pretty loving simple.

##vote Met

The Ninth Layer posted:

There's no case on Betrayer besides "he's a jerk" so I don't know why people are voting him.

Somberbrero's upset that he vig-killed me in World War 1 and ended up dying in return, mostly because I didn't trust him in the slightest.

Other people are upset that I'm actually in the Mafia game despite the fact that they signed up after me. Oh well. Their fault, not mine.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Hello, vote met.

Hello 100yrs, I have more posts than the overwhelming majority of players, please tell me how I am lurking, thanks.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

If you don't believe I was playing dodgeball I can take a picture of the trophy we won when I get home.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Who is actually here right now?

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Me, although I haven't eaten since lunch and would like to make dinner soon

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Me, although I haven't eaten since lunch and would like to make dinner soon

You already threw down a vote, you can leave. If Met gets lynched, you can wash your hands of it and say that you did all that you could but just couldn't be around for the deadline.

If I get lynched, you can say that you were voting me because I'm an rear end in a top hat, thus justifying your implication in getting rid of a townsperson.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Met is the right lynch today regardless of how people feel about The Betrayer. Just based on the way he killed merk he will never be a player that can be trusted alive in the endgame.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

oh, so you're gonna trust a guy named betrayer

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

You already threw down a vote, you can leave. If Met gets lynched, you can wash your hands of it and say that you did all that you could but just couldn't be around for the deadline.

If I get lynched, you can say that you were voting me because I'm an rear end in a top hat, thus justifying your implication in getting rid of a townsperson.

You know, I feel like it was less than a page ago that Met got called out for trying to guilt people into unvoting him.

Do you have a better alternative than you or Met? Because you're bellyaching an awful lot for someone who has done nothing in this game except slapfight and whine.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

##vote met

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
:mod:

In which I learn MCS is actually The Betrayer, learn something new every day.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

This guy is speaking sense.

##vote LUTR

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Day 3 Vote Count

Met (7): Gridlocked, GulagDolls, Tremendous Taste, Opopanax, -GulagDolls, The Ninth Layer, CCKeane, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, GulagDolls
MEDS CURE SCHIZOS (4): QuoProQuid, GulagDolls, Somberbrero, Pinterest Mom, Look Under The Rock, -GulagDolls
Look Under The Rock (1): Met
QuoProQuid (1): The Ninth Layer, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, GulagDolls, -GulagDolls, -The Ninth Layer, dscruffy1, -MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, -MEDS CURE SCHIZOS
Gridlocked (0): Met, -Met

ETA to deadline: 27 minutes

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Met, do you have any last minute claims/reads/whatever that you want to throw out before the timer runs out?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

QuoProQuid posted:

Met, do you have any last minute claims/reads/whatever that you want to throw out before the timer runs out?

...claims?

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

GulagDolls posted:

oh, so you're gonna trust a guy named betrayer

for real

like on one hand I agree with you, Ninth -- Met needs to not be alive at endgame and pretty much everyone is aware of that

On the other hand Meds does not play mafia to win, he plays to amuse himself. If he thinks it's funny to gently caress the town over, he'll do it.

Met will do it because he's easily manipulated, Meds will do it for shits and giggles.

I'm happy with either dunk but Met's more pleasant to have in thread

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
On mobile and cooking, so I can't go quoting, but I think it's all in there. Opop, Ninth, LUTR are pretty scummy to me.

Meds and QPD don't seem as bad.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Quandary, I have a dumb question: Does the game "day" end prematurely if the town reaches a majority on someone before the timer runs out or do we literally just have to wait until 11:00 PM every day? I assume the former, but want to confirm.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Met posted:

This guy is speaking sense.

##vote LUTR

lol

"people were voting me because I only think people are scum if they vote me, I should vote someone who hasn't voted me," says a dude who is about to agree with the most likely lunch candidate besides himself because that makes any kind of logical sense

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

You know, I feel like it was less than a page ago that Met got called out for trying to guilt people into unvoting him.

Do you have a better alternative than you or Met? Because you're bellyaching an awful lot for someone who has done nothing in this game except slapfight and whine.

Not trying to guilt anyone here, just pointing out that you're clearly inconvenienced by the burden of having to pay attention to the game when you could just as easily disappear until after the deadline since you've already thrown a vote down on one of the vote leaders.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

I forgot there were no power roles here.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

yeah wow

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

GulagDolls posted:

ixt it isn't d1 anymore. he is invulnerable now

Why would you lie to me like that, Gulag? I went back and checked and everything.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

lol

"people were voting me because I only think people are scum if they vote me, I should vote someone who hasn't voted me," says a dude who is about to agree with the most likely lunch candidate besides himself because that makes any kind of logical sense

You sure are panicking. I'm very certainly the lynch. Does me calling you out concern you?

If I wanted to Survive, voting Meds would certainly be a better choice than you.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Hey guys, I have an idea.

Let's just all switch to Look Under the Rock, that way she can get lynched dinner and we can all sleep better knowing that she is now dead fed.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Met posted:

You sure are panicking. I'm very certainly the lynch. Does me calling you out concern you?

If I wanted to Survive, voting Meds would certainly be a better choice than you.

Why don't you want to survive, this is what's confusing me. The only way your vote on me makes sense is as a gambit.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Why don't you want to survive, this is what's confusing me. The only way your vote on me makes sense is as a gambit.

I'm town and would hinder the rest of the town if I made it to the end game at this point. Better to go out here than at final 3 or somesuch.

You, on the other hand, broke pretty handily with a vote from Met. There's some irony.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Met posted:

You, on the other hand, broke pretty handily with a vote from Met. There's some irony.

:aaa: He speaks in the THIRD PERSON. He is the prophet that was foretold! :aaa:

##vote Look Under the Rock

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

QuoProQuid posted:

Quandary, I have a dumb question: Does the game "day" end prematurely if the town reaches a majority on someone before the timer runs out or do we literally just have to wait until 11:00 PM every day? I assume the former, but want to confirm.

I hadn't really thought of that happening because I know how good mafia players are at getting a majority, but sure if a majority votes someone we can lynch them then and just have the next day deadline at the same time.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

???

lol

Weirdly defensive response to someone who is ten minutes away from death.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

QuoProQuid posted:

???

Weirdly defensive response to someone who is ten minutes away from death.

I thought it was a funny post and wanted to share the humor of it

Do you not find it funny?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Hey Quo, you can redeem yourself if you do the right thing and help Look Under the Rock step away from Mafia so she can make dinner.

It's like a humanitarian mission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

What kind of gambit do you think Met is trying to play right now? How is he promoting his survival with a vote on you.

• Locked thread