Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

:aaa: He speaks in the THIRD PERSON. He is the prophet that was foretold! :aaa:

##vote Look Under the Rock

what prophecy was this, that foretold this prophet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Ahhh, I'm still a spectator, that's why my vote didn't count, that was so confusing.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

QuoProQuid posted:

What kind of gambit do you think Met is trying to play right now? How is he promoting his survival with a vote on you.

If Met finally caught onto how bad it looked that he was only suspicious of people who were voting him, a last ditch vote on another player could be a desperation gambit like "hey guys look I can totally vote people who aren't voting me"

tbh now that I'm typing it out again it's not as hilarious as I originally thought, I am going to eat a handful of almonds and the world will make sense again

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO9d2PpP7tQ

Somewhere in the world, a woman sits in front of her computer, compulsively pushing the F5 key. She is going without food today, because there is Mafia to be played.

If you don't help, this poor woman will go without food for at least ten more minutes.

You can help stop her suffering. You can help pull this woman away from the abusive situation of Mafia.

Vote Look Under the Rock.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

How the gently caress is met not dead yet Jesus Christ.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

CCKeane posted:

It's not 11 yet.

I'm walking away.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Look Under The Rock posted:

If Met finally caught onto how bad it looked that he was only suspicious of people who were voting him, a last ditch vote on another player could be a desperation gambit like "hey guys look I can totally vote people who aren't voting me"

tbh now that I'm typing it out again it's not as hilarious as I originally thought, I am going to eat a handful of almonds and the world will make sense again

There were no votes on you when I voted you. There were 5 on Meds.

You think I made a last ditch effort to get you lynched a half hour before deadline? :allears:

Keep trying to explain this. Tomorrow is going to be a fun read.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Day 3 Final Vote Count

Met (7): Gridlocked, GulagDolls, Tremendous Taste, Opopanax, -GulagDolls, The Ninth Layer, CCKeane, 100YrsofAttitude, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, GulagDolls, -MEDS CURE SCHIZOS
MEDS CURE SCHIZOS (4): QuoProQuid, GulagDolls, Somberbrero, Pinterest Mom, Look Under The Rock, -GulagDolls
Look Under The Rock (2): Met, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS
dscruffy1 (1): Ixtlilton
QuoProQuid (1): The Ninth Layer, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, GulagDolls, -GulagDolls, -The Ninth Layer, dscruffy1, -MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, -MEDS CURE SCHIZOS
Gridlocked (0): Met, -Met

Inevitable, human nature kicks back in and people start feeling downright murderous. After what seemed like an eternity since merk and EccoRaven were killed, the town had made a consensus. Met had stabbed one of them just because of a disagreement, why would he do that so indiscriminately if he was innocent? Besides, the only people he seemed to think were mutineers were the people who had called him out. It appeared only logical that Met was a mutineer, so, with that in mind, the crew forced him to walk the plank.

Unfortunately, the crew was wrong, as hiveminds so often are. Met claimed innocence until his last moments. and a search of his things revealed nothing incriminating. On the upside, unlike merk, he didn't seem to have a family, so you can at least rest a little easier.

Met, sailor, was lynched Day 3.

15 members of the crew are currently alive. Day 2 beings now, and will end tomorrow at 11 PM EST.

Quandary fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jun 6, 2015

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

met forever alone

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1fyqO-kqLs

Goodbye, sweet prince. You weren't long for this world.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

100YrsofAttitude posted:

This worked for you once. Will you get lucky one more time?

I want you all to look at this response to me voting betrayer and ##vote 100yrs with me tia

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh, I guess he's just an idiot then

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Pinterest Mom posted:

I'm not proposing it as a scum hunting strategy, I'm proposing it as a "let's not have a guy calling people names in every post" strategy.

I know it's not a scum hunting strategy but I'd rather we have a better kill ratio on them before we off ourselves for being rude. If it's any consolation any reputation MCS gets for himself will probably just make it so people do let him join their games.

Pinterest Mom posted:

I want you all to look at this response to me voting betrayer and ##vote 100yrs with me tia

You take everything (I say) at such face-value. It's unbelievable.

CCKeane posted:

If you don't believe I was playing dodgeball I can take a picture of the trophy we won when I get home.

I believe you, but it's just been a thing in a recent games.

CCKeane posted:

This is the Keane I like seeing around.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

QuoProQuid posted:

look man, i couldnt do another twelve hours of joke posting and thought the town needed an injection of the bleeding obvious to move it forward which seems to be working, so yay

my posts might not have been exceptional, but i prefer weak casing to shitposting

I never liked this post from the get go. Effort for effort's sake.

QuoProQuid posted:

Yes. I am a literal alien and my unnatural tone gets mentioned a lot.

I wouldn't go that far. You and I both get called out for this tonality stuff but I've seen you so much more clearer and direct. Here you seem to be purposefully obscuring your words.

MCS case on you seems pretty apt and in the end your posts don't really seem to amount to much if you go through them.

##vote Quidproquo

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

100YrsofAttitude posted:

You take everything (I say) at such face-value. It's unbelievable.

I'd like to correct myself here. I want to make this a negative. You can't take anything I say at face-value. That's what I wanted to say. I don't know if you think I was trying to imply anything in my comment but I certainly wasn't.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Quandary posted:

Day 1 Final Vote Count

Met (7): Gridlocked, GulagDolls, Tremendous Taste, Opopanax, -GulagDolls, The Ninth Layer, CCKeane, 100YrsofAttitude, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, GulagDolls, -MEDS CURE SCHIZOS
MEDS CURE SCHIZOS (4): QuoProQuid, GulagDolls, Somberbrero, Pinterest Mom, Look Under The Rock, -GulagDolls
Look Under The Rock (2): Met, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS
dscruffy1 (1): Ixtlilton
QuoProQuid (1): The Ninth Layer, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, GulagDolls, -GulagDolls, -The Ninth Layer, dscruffy1, -MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, -MEDS CURE SCHIZOS
Gridlocked (0): Met, -Met

Where would've scum voted here? For the town band wagon or elsewhere to avoid that? I wish I could make something out of this but it'd be too hypothetical. I forget what the acronym we use to describe those sort of arguments is.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Where would've scum voted here? For the town band wagon or elsewhere to avoid that? I wish I could make something out of this but it'd be too hypothetical. I forget what the acronym we use to describe those sort of arguments is.

WIFOM - wine in front of me.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I'd like to correct myself here. I want to make this a negative. You can't take anything I say at face-value. That's what I wanted to say. I don't know if you think I was trying to imply anything in my comment but I certainly wasn't.
If you weren't trying to imply anything with the post, why did you make it? Why comment on my vote idly asking "are you sure it's a good idea", looking like you're trying to get me to switch over to Met without actually trying to convince me?

It looks the world to me like false engagement.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Pinterest Mom posted:

WIFOM - wine in front of me.

You know I regret asking that question about the acronyms now.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Pinterest Mom posted:

If you weren't trying to imply anything with the post, why did you make it? Why comment on my vote idly asking "are you sure it's a good idea", looking like you're trying to get me to switch over to Met without actually trying to convince me?

It looks the world to me like false engagement.

Making conversation. Honestly I think you're fine and you're doing fine. I was commenting on posts that I found interesting or had something to say about, but a cigar is sometimes just a cigar.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
met was a ridiculously easy vote and equally easy to make a case on later rather than right now if we really wanted to go down that route.

Why did we vote for met. Why was this a thing.

Second question, why is QPQ still alive.

##vote QuoProQuid

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

dscruffy1 posted:

met was a ridiculously easy vote and equally easy to make a case on later rather than right now if we really wanted to go down that route.

Why did we vote for met. Why was this a thing.

Second question, why is QPQ still alive.

##vote QuoProQuid

"this guy was really scummy and could have been lynched anytime, why did we lynch him now"

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah. that post caught my eye, too

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Tremendous Taste posted:

"this guy was really scummy and could have been lynched anytime, why did we lynch him now"

Yes, that's literally my logic. Instead of grabbing someone we (everyone who voted for him you hivemind rats) were not sure about why did we take the dumb easy option everyone would have voted for later on a nightless game.

But seriously that vote was dumb.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Actually I'm kind of curious why now. Like legit want to get better at Mafia curious.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Also please scum only respond so I can figure out who the bad guys are tia

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

dscruffy1 posted:

Yes, that's literally my logic. Instead of grabbing someone we (everyone who voted for him you hivemind rats) were not sure about why did we take the dumb easy option everyone would have voted for later on a nightless game.

But seriously that vote was dumb.

If you've identified a player as likely scum, you want to either kill the scum or get the flip.

If for example we assumed Met was scum but kept him alive that would incorrectly color our impressions of future interactions

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Tremendous Taste posted:

If you've identified a player as likely scum, you want to either kill the scum or get the flip.

If for example we assumed Met was scum but kept him alive that would incorrectly color our impressions of future interactions

Hmmmm. Yeah. Okay. I can see that. If you give them time to wiggle out then you might change your mind about someone who was actually gross.

On the other hand it encourages tunnel vision which I don't think is super good either. Yet.

Still think it was a dumb vote.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

dscruffy1 posted:

Still think it was a dumb vote.

Met pretty much forced it with his actions. It wasn't a great vote but it was necessary

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Also Quandary can we get the OP undated with the new people who replaced in?

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?
There's one reason to keep scum alive and that's to try and get them to rat out their peers, presumably accidentally.

It's still not a good idea because as my last game showed, everyone can latch onto that idea that a person is effectively confirmed scum, even if they're not, and then make other assumptions around that about other people than don't really hold up true.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Shanakin posted:

There's one reason to keep scum alive and that's to try and get them to rat out their peers, presumably accidentally.

It's still not a good idea because as my last game showed, everyone can latch onto that idea that a person is effectively confirmed scum, even if they're not, and then make other assumptions around that about other people than don't really hold up true.

That seems incredibly risky and foolhardy.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Can someone give me a short version of the case on QPQ?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Reviewing the last hour from yesterday.

for real

like on one hand I agree with you, Ninth -- Met needs to not be alive at endgame and pretty much everyone is aware of that

On the other hand Meds does not play mafia to win, he plays to amuse himself. If he thinks it's funny to gently caress the town over, he'll do it.

Met will do it because he's easily manipulated, Meds will do it for shits and giggles.

I'm happy with either dunk but Met's more pleasant to have in thread

This is a profoundly bad post because it says and commits to nothing. If MCS had been lynched, you are absolved of guilt because your vote was to remove a player who does "not play mafia to win... [but] to gently caress the town over." You simultaneously give yourself room to maneuver in the event that you need to flip over to Met. You seem to agree with TNL and leave space to follow up on his call.

lol

"people were voting me because I only think people are scum if they vote me, I should vote someone who hasn't voted me," says a dude who is about to agree with the most likely lunch candidate besides himself because that makes any kind of logical sense

As I mentioned before, this is a weirdly defensive post from someone only previous interaction with Met is a vote made to express agreement with merk (1). If LUTR believes Met is scum, why is he so defensive when faced with his accusations? Wouldn't he dismiss them as the raving of a dying mafioso?

Tentatively dropping a #vote: LUTR for now. I haven't had the chance to look over his earlier content (and probably won't until this evening) with any depth. However, I remember his contributions being fairly scant.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I never liked this post from the get go. Effort for effort's sake.

I wouldn't go that far. You and I both get called out for this tonality stuff but I've seen you so much more clearer and direct. Here you seem to be purposefully obscuring your words.

MCS case on you seems pretty apt and in the end your posts don't really seem to amount to much if you go through them.

##vote Quidproquo

100YrsofAttitude posted:

And what a thin line it is between this and white noise posting. This falls into what I so often call the incredibly frustrating 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' mindset of mafia. Some people will never be happy with anything you do. It's how I'm finding the cat-fight between MCS and QPQ. Just hissy and pointless, I don't think it makes one more scum than the other.

That's a pretty substantial shift to make over an evening. What exactly caused that? You quote the exact same post as part of both reads.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

QuoProQuid posted:

That's a pretty substantial shift to make over an evening. What exactly caused that? You quote the exact same post as part of both reads.

S'good point.

##vote 100

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

I'm kind of surprised that my post is being read as defensive. I thought Met's post was funny and I guess the humor didn't really translate. I didn't flip over to Met because he was pretty comfortably leading the votes and with it being a deadline plurality I didn't think my vote was needed.

And yeah, I think having toxic douchebags who intentionally break games and use personal attacks to harangue other players into doing what they want is pretty harmful to general enjoyment of games and I will gladly policy dunk chumps like that regardless of alignment. Sorry not sorry. If you think that makes me scum then idk what to tell you.

As far as today goes: Shanakin is the harmful kind of lurking -- posts about twice a day, saying nothing helpful or original. There's been a bit of bellyaching over how the game isn't holding their interest but they don't seem to be actually following it. They are aggressively inactive and I want them either posting more or gone, ##vote shanakin

Quandary can we get replacements added to the OP?

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Quandary can we get replacements added to the OP?

Done. Apologies for taking a bit.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

QuoProQuid posted:

The way you quoted that makes it looks like he voted you first then made that post not voting you. That's not the order it went in. Also it's pretty obvious he didn't like the post in the first one but held back on calling it outright scummy vOv

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Gridlocked posted:

I still don't see how offing someone who randomly wastes a perfectly good stab on a personal argument and then proceeds to justify people calling him out on it as "look at these scum" scummy.

Also what he just described the dude getting offed as doing is town af, this dude is a cum man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ew

• Locked thread