Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

This week's Nintendo Direct had some stuff for BX in it.
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm26384308

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
The 2800 yen or however much it is pack on the PSN store for Tengoku is all the DLC right, so if I buy that I get all the stuff and all the bonus items?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

AradoBalanga posted:

Looks like we're getting both the Clanche Custom and Clanche. Considering the pilots for the latter that probably means we can save Shabadoobie or whatever her name is.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

AradoBalanga posted:

AGE-3 Orbital confirmed as well.

EDIT: Nevermind, for some reason I thought the Orbital had a unique head, turns out they're all the same.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I'm assuming that palette swap of Knight Gundam there is a canonical one of him. Is that correct?

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Jun 2, 2015

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I finally restarted my game of Tengoku, this time making sure to have multiple saves so I don't screw it all up again.

I got the Multi-Crush trophy on Stage 7. The Double-X is amazing.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

I finally restarted my game of Tengoku, this time making sure to have multiple saves so I don't screw it all up again.

I got the Multi-Crush trophy on Stage 7. The Double-X is amazing.

Yeah they finally made the Double X really usable.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I think Confuse might be the single most broken Spirit Command in the series.

Especially when you have five or six squadmate pilots that can cast it.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Dr Pepper posted:

I think Confuse might be the single most broken Spirit Command in the series.

Especially when you have five or six squadmate pilots that can cast it.

The sheer number of Confuse ready characters in Z2/3 basically means that by endgame, enemies will always be under a 50% penalty unless they have Strike or something. It's beautiful.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

That also applies to Z1.

Katz, Mizuki, Gauli, Birin, a Gekko Go subpilot whos name I can't remember but not like he's using his SP for anything better.

In a game where the average stage is five turns at most.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

TARDISman posted:

The sheer number of Confuse ready characters in Z2/3 basically means that by endgame, enemies will always be under a 50% penalty unless they have Strike or something. It's beautiful.

By the end of the game you have a whole squad of wizards who can chaincast confuse and exhaust. It's wonderful

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I went into Space on the second route split in Saisei-hen and now Reika from Aquarion is my top ace at over 100 kills (this is an all-female run). I wonder if I'm the first person that's ever actually happened to.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Jun 10, 2015

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

New scans for BX:

There's also going to be an event on the 19th, starring Gai (Shishioh)'s VA and Cham's VA.

Also, have a Project X Zone 2 trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV7yTJav_0o

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
It's kind of weird how PXZ2 has cut out literally every female character so far.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
The Mazinger Army don't even get to be real units in a handheld game, ouch.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
I like how even the X-Zone trailer shows how much of a slog the games are. They are doing next to no damage to those enemies, even if they are all bosses.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

EGSunBro posted:

I like how even the X-Zone trailer shows how much of a slog the games are. They are doing next to no damage to those enemies, even if they are all bosses.

I was really looking forward to X Zone 1 too, but reading about what a slog it turned out to be discouraged me from buying it. What a shame.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

EGSunBro posted:

Which is kind of hilarious, because the PxZ2 staff said the battle system would be reworked so it wouldn't be like NxC or PxZ1's slogfests.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Kinda sad that the VC3 crew will probably not make it, but I fear the slight chance they replace it with the VC2 crew.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Justin_Brett posted:

The Mazinger Army don't even get to be real units in a handheld game, ouch.

I highly doubt even in the Alpha days of getting everything that they'd be playable. IIRC don't they only appear in the episode with the 100 rocket punches and their pilots show up that once? And each of them only has the one weapon they use on them anyways.

I'd certainly not want three mediocre never-used units over one of the main characters having a really strong finisher move that helps them not just be the weak medic all the time.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

Gyra_Solune posted:

I'd certainly not want three mediocre never-used units over one of the main characters having a really strong finisher move that helps them not just be the weak medic all the time.
They should do them like that one unit in NEO and the Squad system in OE if they were going to do these kind of units IMO.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Gyra_Solune posted:

I highly doubt even in the Alpha days of getting everything that they'd be playable. IIRC don't they only appear in the episode with the 100 rocket punches and their pilots show up that once? And each of them only has the one weapon they use on them anyways.

No they appeared a fair few times.

They didn't ever really accomplish much, but they were there.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuUV_vy2K5w
The special event I mentioned earlier, which runs about an hour long. Notable times (approximate):

--35:40 Noboyuki Hiyama screaming
--36:11 PV 1 gets reshown
--41:35 Additional new content (not PV 2, though)
--49:45 The website special 170 Morale promotion item is revealed: SRW 2 released on the Virtual Console as a download

Some of the other content shown:
--Gekiryujin, Dividing Driver
--FA Unicorn (still looks clunky, even on the 3DS)
--Dark Hound
--Marida (as an opponent)
--Goraon
--Yuji Ueda letting everyone know his Akito voice has....not aged all that well. Or at least his "Akito screaming loudly" voice.
--Gorg has boulders
--No originals shown; however, there will be new stuff released on the 26th

AradoBalanga fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jun 19, 2015

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

quote:

--49:45 The website special 170 Morale promotion item is revealed: SRW 2 released on the Virtual Console as a download

I am whelmed by this news.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Whoever is behind the 3DS games REALLY REALLY likes SD Gundams. Seriously, look at the Knight Gundam's animations, even in these short PVs, and tell me they don't have a lot more love put into them than basically everything else.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
Years after buying it I finally got around to beating OGS. Is 2.5 worth playing or should I just go straight for OGG?

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

MarsDragon posted:

Years after buying it I finally got around to beating OGS. Is 2.5 worth playing or should I just go straight for OGG?

Go to OGG. 2.5 is the first half of it but is also much harder.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The fact that Mazinkaiser SKL and AGE-2 Dark Hound are in the same game just makes me imagine Asemu desperately trying to convince the Age System that he needs to copy that ridiculous badass Mazinger while everyone just stares at him.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
To be honest I was kind of hoping they'd use Macross 30's plot (wormholes to various periods of time) to get all three generations of AGE going at once. That would have been really neat, if only to see Flit and Asemu's reactions to their future selves.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"

Brunom1 posted:

Go to OGG. 2.5 is the first half of it but is also much harder.

Hm.

On one hand, that sounds annoying as hell. On the other, extra cash and I feel like if I don't do this now, I'll never bother. Back on the first hand, does it really matter if I never bother? (not really) But the completionist in me is bugged by it.

Who's the priority for upgrading in OGG, anyway?

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

MarsDragon posted:

Who's the priority for upgrading in OGG, anyway?

Folka, you don't get him till the half way point but his units could very well solo the game.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Ryoga posted:

Folka, you don't get him till the half way point but his units could very well solo the game.

Folka
CompiKaiser
Soulgain
Any Shura God really.

You get so many crazy powerful units that mainstay combo attacks like Alt/Weiss and Falken/Burger are a bit out classed.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008
The extra cash for 2.5 -> Gaiden is really tiny.

On the other hand, at least you can use the Mironga before they nerfed it to poo poo.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Good news is they have all the AGE secrets they need in Gen 1 and 2 variants. Not like you'd ever need to use Double Bullet over Dark Hound but it'd be neat.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TARDISman posted:

Good news is they have all the AGE secrets they need in Gen 1 and 2 variants. Not like you'd ever need to use Double Bullet over Dark Hound but it'd be neat.

Double Bullet would kick the poo poo out of Dark Hound in SRW mechanics. It has giant beam-wing things and tons of weapons that Dark Hound doesn't have. Dark Hound mostly relies on having the best pilot in the setting to carry it through since it actually has a fairly crap weapon lineup. Asemu just does a lot with wire hooks and a flash bulb.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Double Bullet would kick the poo poo out of Dark Hound in SRW mechanics. It has giant beam-wing things and tons of weapons that Dark Hound doesn't have. Dark Hound mostly relies on having the best pilot in the setting to carry it through since it actually has a fairly crap weapon lineup. Asemu just does a lot with wire hooks and a flash bulb.

Fair point, I was more just thinking pirate Gundam>Double Bullet. I love the Double Bullet so much but Dark Hound has an eyepatch and that still makes me giggle.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It does make me wonder how ridiculous Asemu's stats are going to be. I mean within the setting he is in he really should have like Max Jenius/Amuro level combat stats, especially since he doesn't actually have a Newtype level to carry him. (Though I bet he gets a unique Super Pilot character skill.)

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

The website special Morale Gauge campaign got completed, so SRW 2 is getting a Virtual Console release.

Also, the website updated the character stuff with PV 1.5 content.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
Hey guys, got a question about DLC for Z3.1 and Z3.2. I can't recall if this was covered in the thread.

I (finally) made a Japanese PSN account to redeem my Rengoku-hen code, but only on PS3 since I use a NA account as my main one. And I redeemed the SRW HD one that game with Z3.1, but that also gave me that First Print Suzune DLC.

I got both Z3.1 and Z3.2 on both PS3 and PS Vita (physical), so say if I get the DLC on PS3 and play the DLC on the PS3, will the save still work on the PS Vita? I understand that you just get bonus items at the end of the scenarios, but it doesn't flag anything like this save requires DLC now or something like that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodofDiscord
Sep 5, 2013

Not the strongest, but the cutest.
Hello everyone, I would like to ask a question regarding the Aquarion unit in Z3.1. I am on my third playthrough, trying to finish the scenario chart, and I finally managed to get all of the aquarion pilots to Ace at the end of my second playthrough. I have just acquired Aquarion again, and I wish to know what is the optimal way to use the mech? I'm not very familiar with the Element System and as such I have no idea what skills to get for the pilots, or whether I should just use EVOL only? In any case, how do I spec it? Any advice you guys can give?

• Locked thread