Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

That is odd. Is there a good reason for banking cash? I thought you could get mugged or something, but whenever I die I only seem to lose $2k to $3k. I usually bank only when I at least have 6 figures.

I can't even think of a reason why I bank at all. Maybe role playing?

Fishstick posted:

Also, having several millions cash on your person - non-banked - can get lost if you drive into a LSC. It may be a one time fluke or just some dumb rockstar script, but a friend had exactly that happen - it stripped his 50+ mill cash when entering and was left with his banked deposits.

I don't see reasons to bank either but Fishstick seems to have a good reason about what happened to his friend.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

theguybro posted:

I don't see reasons to bank either but Fishstick seems to have a good reason about what happened to his friend.

All advice is better with a british accent that is not actually british :v:.

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

Fishstick posted:

All advice is better with a british accent that is not actually british :v:.

:v: the thing from earlier

Also I fixed a whole bunch of other poo poo that was either broken or not working properly.

Still need someone to spawn me a DoD. Gonna see who's on right now. I'd love to get it working.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

Buck Turgidson posted:

You can actually call people on the phone :eyepop:

I thought it was gonna be some lame dialogue box or automatically go to busy, but it actually works

Yes! When you're playing with at least two other friends this is how you covertly plan a hilarious prank on one of them.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

theguybro posted:

:v: the thing from earlier

Also I fixed a whole bunch of other poo poo that was either broken or not working properly.

Still need someone to spawn me a DoD. Gonna see who's on right now. I'd love to get it working.

Hopping online now. Like I said, not sure how to go about getting it from singleplayer to Online but i'm down to help.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Am I leet leik jeffk enough?

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

T1g4h posted:

Hopping online now. Like I said, not sure how to go about getting it from singleplayer to Online but i'm down to help.

Ill be on in 30 minutes, I see improvements that can be made to the race thing

Edit: Some goon also recommended that the horn is always being pressed when driving around killing people which is the case now but I can't figure out why it's only spamming like the first second of the horn and not the whole thing. Need a new method for that too :/ I wanna drive around killing people with my 50k horn, and also so that they know they are about to die as soon as they hear the sound.

Edit2: Does anybody know the amount of XP needed in total for rank 999?

theguybro fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jun 4, 2015

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
So I got stuck in a hacker trap.

A literal trap. I drove past a guy in passive, magically got pulled out of my Insurgent, and placed in a radio tower that was like 6 inches into the ground causing my character to glitch and stumble.

I don't like this kind of modding.

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

hagie posted:

So I got stuck in a hacker trap.

A literal trap. I drove past a guy in passive, magically got pulled out of my Insurgent, and placed in a radio tower that was like 6 inches into the ground causing my character to glitch and stumble.

I don't like this kind of modding.

Doesn't beat my black screens but this sounds cool and interesting and something I'd want to add to mine not to use on goons of course, everything I have has checks for crew members/friends/and members of other crews im in.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

theguybro posted:

Edit2: Does anybody know the amount of XP needed in total for rank 999?

Alleged formula

Don't have the time to check it but several places have claimed this.

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

The Duke of Death thing works, thanks a shitload Spoch.

For some reason though the car goes slow, so I'm going to have to friend of the family rig a method to make that specific car go fast.

Glad it's working though and doesn't blow up upon entering. Good car, just has no speed at the moment.

Edit: For anybody making their own stuff, Cock* got this part right. They destroy the car upon entering as I mentioned a few posts ago. Also, the speed is like 15 mph on that poo poo, so if you make a workaround make sure to also add speed to the car.

Also, why did cock* even do this in the first place? What makes this car so special?

K8.0 posted:

Alleged formula

Don't have the time to check it but several places have claimed this.

Thanks for the link!

theguybro fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jun 4, 2015

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

theguybro posted:

Doesn't beat my black screens but this sounds cool and interesting and something I'd want to add to mine not to use on goons of course, everything I have has checks for crew members/friends/and members of other crews im in.

I'm the unfriendly neighborhood skull head in center. The character to my left is a NPC pedestrian oblivious that the tower is in the path.

I tried to blow myself up, burn, rocket, and even menu suicide, and each time I would spawn, take 3 steps and be put in this radio tower room. The only thing that freed me was leaving the session entirely.

Again the room is set so that your character can never really stand fully upright so it makes aiming and moving around a chore and a half because your character is having seizures. I should have gotten video..,

Kerosene19
May 7, 2007

hagie posted:

Man in the box

Ha, I got stuck in one of those the other day, the glass on the windows is the same swedish glass in BF4.

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times
Despite it saying the upload failed, it actually didn't. Good job I didn't spend an hour getting back up to 3% again this morning before curiosity got the better of me.

Anyway here you go. At least 6 goons in here and aside from Asmodai in the jet, I can't remember anyones names, sorry. Also it's a bit long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh5y4bZ3nRI

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe

Your flying ability has improved imperceptibly

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHuTAQvg2JQ

Got duke of death working so I drove this around with Spochucker for a good 40 minutes.

As you can see, the car tries to blow itself up when there are people in it in multiplayer, which is why the smoke is coming out.

Duke of Death isn't so deadly

Edit: here is part 2 of the dukester being driven and acting retarded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emcdW81fqMw

I don't understand why this car isn't allowed. It's nothing special.

theguybro fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Jun 4, 2015

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Well that loving blows. My tricked-out Romero hearse disappeared from my Del Perro Heights garage.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Today I learned: The jazz loop horn gets faster the faster you drive, hearing it Doppler down the highway is pretty funny.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Can you mod a Technical?

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Pound_Coin posted:

Today I learned: The jazz loop horn gets faster the faster you drive, hearing it Doppler down the highway is pretty funny.

Try using it while going backwards next time.

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

CitrusFrog posted:

Well that loving blows. My tricked-out Romero hearse disappeared from my Del Perro Heights garage.

Did you get it back? Need help?

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

theguybro posted:

Did you get it back? Need help?

I filed a support ticket (lol like that'll help) but no I haven't got it back yet. I'll be on again some time tomorrow if you or some other wonderful fellow would like to help.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

Can you mod a Technical?

No, it's a pegasus vehicle.

Church Ladyboy
Oct 11, 2007

SQUAWK

Powershift posted:

No, it's a pegasus vehicle.

Yeah, I messed up buying the wrong Insurgent, I hadn't realized the difference between the vehicles. Now I am stuck with the pickup until I get enough cash to buy the other one. RIP ;(

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lznbBeM1e94

Finally I can spawn this poo poo

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
I'm still getting mumble setup but if any goons wanna add me on RSC, my name is jackogk and I'm playing on PC, usually late nights EST.

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

frankenbeans posted:

Despite it saying the upload failed, it actually didn't. Good job I didn't spend an hour getting back up to 3% again this morning before curiosity got the better of me.

Anyway here you go. At least 6 goons in here and aside from Asmodai in the jet, I can't remember anyones names, sorry. Also it's a bit long.

Nice!

That loving billboard came out of nowhere.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Amazing. It's like the world's best roadblock :v:

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

T1g4h posted:

lol using this car in online has sparked so much poo poo talk between Russians and pubbies.

Oh it also makes cheaters follow you around and message you wondering why their duke explodes if they have one.

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

Any goons on multiplayer on PC right now?

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Well, we didn't really get down to an epic impromptu series last night but robobalboa crushed it with a race track built for it. That was fun!

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times

theguybro posted:

Any goons on multiplayer on PC right now?

Trying to join your session now, but it's full. I'll be in the queue (dalplatinum).

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

T1g4h posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T69852eCWt4

Better roadblock I just had with dalplatinum and jose

VulgarandStupid posted:

If anyone is bored, try my race out. I should have left the other car class options available for testing, but I forgot to.
http://rsg.ms/bff470c

Going to try your race right now

theguybro fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jun 4, 2015

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times

theguybro posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T69852eCWt4

Better roadblock I just had with dalplatinum and jose

I just switched sessions and it was still there. Lost the UFO hat though.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

It's a real dick move that Cockstar won't let us have the Dukes of Death in Online because it is such a sweet ride.

Squido
May 21, 2005
Ask me about being a paedophile.

frankenbeans posted:

Ahaha Thankyou that's amazing, was kinda embarrassing seeing all my failed attempts to jump onto the train in the background, got there in the end though :v:

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Pound_Coin posted:

I bought the sad trombone "waa-waa-waa-waaaaaaaaa" horn and was delighted to learn that it plays automatically if you die in your car.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Brosnan posted:

I bought the sad trombone "waa-waa-waa-waaaaaaaaa" horn and was delighted to learn that it plays automatically if you die in your car.

Only if you die in such a way that your corpse had his head resting on the steering wheel hitting the horn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Brosnan posted:

Not always, and it happens with all horns. It's just the weight of your lifeless head hitting the horn button on the steering wheel.

E: fu bitbasher

• Locked thread