Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Cantorsdust posted:

What are my options for getting rid of liquids in OMP-i? I used to use void pipes on ender quarries with the pump attachment so I could get rid of all the unneeded water, but OMP-i doesn't have those. Any equivalent?

Thermal expansion has a Nullifier that you can pump either items or liquids into to void them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Goncyn posted:

Looks like it's under active development to me? I was watching a recent Forgecraft2 episode, and the developer was on voice talking about his plans and how much work he's put into getting the basic features rock-solid.
https://github.com/pahimar/Equivalent-Exchange-3/commits/master

It's been "under development" for like 2+ years, and he constantly talks about features and new crazy things, and then never does them. He never actually makes progress, just talks a lot.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Taffer posted:

It's been "under development" for like 2+ years, and he constantly talks about features and new crazy things, and then never does them. He never actually makes progress, just talks a lot.

Wrong.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Goncyn posted:

This sounds exactly like EE3 as explained in a recent direwolf20 mod spotlight. How is it different?
I haven't played EE3 in a long time but the last time I did, and for like a year before that, it was basically just the philosopher's stone with a handful of transmutations (iron to diamonds, e.g.) and nothing else. I included it in Sky Den back in the day because it wasn't able to turn anything into anything, just work with metals.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
Okay, next question. I have my ender quarry with pump upgrade feeding water via tesseract to a nullifier. I'm all ready to pump the water out of the ocean patch I want to build in. Problem is that the water keeps filling back in. Is there any way to get the water to stay gone? I know the ender-thermic pump should replace it with stone, but I don't know how to restrict the pump to just the patch I want to clear out.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Yes, you are. Both here and in the bone thread

mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

Insufferable measure of firewood
GregTech has gotten so bad it creates issues with mods in modpacks that don't even include it.

https://github.com/CoFH/Feedback/issues/574

vibur
Apr 23, 2004

Taffer posted:

So it's XYCraft?

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

vibur posted:

So it's XYCraft?

Pretty much. But people still take it more "seriously" than xycraft because super bare-bones versions of it exist.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Cantorsdust posted:

What are my options for getting rid of liquids in OMP-i? I used to use void pipes on ender quarries with the pump attachment so I could get rid of all the unneeded water, but OMP-i doesn't have those. Any equivalent?

If it has Thermal Expasion, pipe all your crap into a nullifiyer.

edit: Beaten.
edit2: Content

mechaet posted:

GregTech has gotten so bad it creates issues with mods in modpacks that don't even include it.

https://github.com/CoFH/Feedback/issues/574

I guess we should start praying for Minecraft 2.

SugarAddict fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jun 5, 2015

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

StealthArcher posted:

Yes, you are. Both here and in the bone thread

I have no idea what you're talking about, but Pahimar has stepped up his game and EE3 is in release candidate stage with almost every feature that he wanted in it except the retarded dark matter weapons and tools.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Anyone having trouble making a Twilight Forest portal in OMP-i? I am a couple versions behind, but I put the water and flowers down and throw in the diamond and nothing happens.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Light Gun Man posted:

Anyone having trouble making a Twilight Forest portal in OMP-i? I am a couple versions behind, but I put the water and flowers down and throw in the diamond and nothing happens.

P sure default configs have it set so that only server ops can make portals to cut down on fuckery.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

vibur posted:

So it's XYCraft?
I miss xycraft tanks. They were fun and cool.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Cantorsdust posted:

P sure default configs have it set so that only server ops can make portals to cut down on fuckery.

Yeah you'll have to reenable them in the TwilightForest.cfg.

B:AdminOnlyPortals=false

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Surprising that somehow worldgen is STILL broken in BoP with the endless oceans. You can fix it with simple config tweaks so I can't understand why it doesn't come with the tweaks already having been performed.

Goncyn
May 20, 2005
headlight on a northbound train

Goncyn posted:

I'm tempted to remove all the stock recipes and go through and write my own, simpler recipes for every item in the mod, but then I think, that's silly, why go to so much effort for something you don't like because it's too much effort.

I couldn't stop thinking about this, so I did it. Here's my first pass at a set of custom recipes for AE2. I got rid of the inscriber, the grinder, and certus quartz entirely while keeping the quantity of materials required for everything almost the same. I still have a little work to do -- it's not possible to craft Quantum Entangled Singularities without another mod (EnderIO) that adds Ender Dust, and I still think some of the recipes could be simplified further, but I'm already pretty happy with how it turned out.

https://github.com/wjrogers/ae2-reduced

If you use EnderIO, you might want to put this in config/enderio too:

https://gist.github.com/wjrogers/f0d47792b14d710a62ed

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
So FTB Infinity doesn't seem to have modular powersuits. What's does it have that's the best equivalent?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

StealthArcher posted:

That can still work, just have people be off doing their own poo poo the /tpall them to you. If 6 people can do that without a timeout on one person then its a power differential.

Well, I, too, am getting random timeouts at times. They're not very common because we don't have many players, but it happens at times.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Goncyn posted:

I couldn't stop thinking about this, so I did it. Here's my first pass at a set of custom recipes for AE2. I got rid of the inscriber, the grinder, and certus quartz entirely while keeping the quantity of materials required for everything almost the same. I still have a little work to do -- it's not possible to craft Quantum Entangled Singularities without another mod (EnderIO) that adds Ender Dust, and I still think some of the recipes could be simplified further, but I'm already pretty happy with how it turned out.

https://github.com/wjrogers/ae2-reduced

If you use EnderIO, you might want to put this in config/enderio too:

https://gist.github.com/wjrogers/f0d47792b14d710a62ed

AE2 removes redundant materials by itself, so if you don't have EnderIO, AE2 end dust will magically appear.

Goncyn
May 20, 2005

Taffer posted:

AE2 removes redundant materials by itself, so if you don't have EnderIO, AE2 end dust will magically appear.

Right, but there would be no way to create it with the grinder removed. Easily fixed with another custom recipe; was just pointing it out as something I'd forgotten to handle.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Why remove the grinder at all?

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
What's worst for servers these days? EnderIO's ender energy conduits, or Thermal Dynamics' Cryo-Stabilized Fluxduct? Thinking lag / fps / tps fuckery.

Goncyn
May 20, 2005

McFrugal posted:

Why remove the grinder at all?

Mostly because I thought of it as part of the crystal-making steps I was chopping off the bottom of the crafting process.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Truga posted:

Well, I, too, am getting random timeouts at times. They're not very common because we don't have many players, but it happens at times.

Pretty easy answer then, it's 1.7.10 and Cauldron. Unless you want no Bukkit plugins and absolutely poo poo TPS you can't remove Cauldron, and well, 1.7.10.

Goddamn this version has lasted way too long.

mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

Insufferable measure of firewood

StealthArcher posted:

Pretty easy answer then, it's 1.7.10 and Cauldron. Unless you want no Bukkit plugins and absolutely poo poo TPS you can't remove Cauldron, and well, 1.7.10.

Goddamn this version has lasted way too long.

Not a problem we experience on our AgSkies2 server or on Modderation Official. I suspect the modpack may be at fault here.

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008

mechaet posted:

Not a problem we experience on our AgSkies2 server or on Modderation Official. I suspect the modpack may be at fault here.

We were getting similar issues regardless of cauldron, forge or mods. Seemed to be entirely related to the number of players and entities (have 10 or so players in a given area and spawn 15 or so zombies and players start to drop like flies), but I've touched on this before.

So I got a question, where would you guys think I'd be best off asking if someone would be interested in developing a 1 .8 mod under commission? I got a list of requirements I'm working on (mostly ore gen and custom crafting interfaces and recipes that overwrite vannila recipes) that I'd be providing textures and models for. I might have someone willing to do it, but if that falls through, I'd like to know my options.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
Is chat formatting plugins not fully working in Cauldron in 1.7.10 just A Thing? Chat names aren't being formatted on my server with their prefixes and suffixes, but announcements (like 'so-and-so is AFK') use the formatting correctly.

Essentials Chat, ChatEx, and Towny chat all do this. I have no idea what the problem is. Is there a chat plugin that's known to work with Cauldron?

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Goncyn posted:

Mostly because I thought of it as part of the crystal-making steps I was chopping off the bottom of the crafting process.

Fail.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Hi, so a couple weeks ago I made a thing that fixed a pretty bad bug in HQM. We found another one, where someone joining your team when you have a repeatable quest on cooldown and they have that same quest ready to claim will sometimes get the quest stuck so it never comes off cooldown. I updated the thing so it fixes both bugs.

https://github.com/CannibalVox/NoTimeFix/releases/tag/2.1.0

Enzer posted:

We were getting similar issues regardless of cauldron, forge or mods. Seemed to be entirely related to the number of players and entities (have 10 or so players in a given area and spawn 15 or so zombies and players start to drop like flies), but I've touched on this before.

So I got a question, where would you guys think I'd be best off asking if someone would be interested in developing a 1 .8 mod under commission? I got a list of requirements I'm working on (mostly ore gen and custom crafting interfaces and recipes that overwrite vannila recipes) that I'd be providing textures and models for. I might have someone willing to do it, but if that falls through, I'd like to know my options.

Getting paid to make mods is the majority of my job these days. I haven't done 1.8 yet though. I guess the existing mods that do the things you're trying to do haven't been updated yet?

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008

30.5 Days posted:

Hi, so a couple weeks ago I made a thing that fixed a pretty bad bug in HQM. We found another one, where someone joining your team when you have a repeatable quest on cooldown and they have that same quest ready to claim will sometimes get the quest stuck so it never comes off cooldown. I updated the thing so it fixes both bugs.

https://github.com/CannibalVox/NoTimeFix/releases/tag/2.1.0

Getting paid to make mods is the majority of my job these days. I haven't done 1.8 yet though. I guess the existing mods that do the things you're trying to do haven't been updated yet?

Nothing that has been done strikes really what I want to do mainly because the mod is tailored for the server I moderate and do texture work for. During 1.7 I was using the CustomStuff2 mod to write a javascript plugin that essentially did what I want to do, but in a limited fashion. CS2 isn't updated to 1.8 and I'd rather things be done properly than my hacky workaround. I'm currently working with another of our moderators on a mod for the server that simply just adds like 120 additional decorative blocks, and while he knows what he is doing I don't know if he wants to tackle this project. :v:

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Seems like the agskies 2 version on Platform could use an update. It's like ten versions behind.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

30.5 Days posted:

Is that why you're reverse-engineering HQM to make these fixes? I could never imagine getting that far into it unless somebody was stroking a pile of money under my nose.

lolmer
Jan 21, 2014

McFrugal posted:

Seems like the agskies 2 version on Platform could use an update. It's like ten versions behind.

Last I heard, mechaet was refraining from updating AgSkies on Technic Platform as JadedCat doesn't care that any further updates wipe your HQM progress. :) If there's something you need from the updates (e.g. a bug fix), feel free to state so and that might increase interest in an update.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Is that why you're reverse-engineering HQM to make these fixes? I could never imagine getting that far into it unless somebody was stroking a pile of money under my nose.

I work full-time for technic. We make the platform and launcher but we also release official packs. We're working on officializing blightfall and this new version is gonna be absolutely killer. Probably the best thing we've released. We're not going to let a little thing like the lynchpin mod being an unmaintainable dumpster fire get in our way.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

lolmer posted:

Last I heard, mechaet was refraining from updating AgSkies on Technic Platform as JadedCat doesn't care that any further updates wipe your HQM progress. :) If there's something you need from the updates (e.g. a bug fix), feel free to state so and that might increase interest in an update.

I thought that was just about the server? I mean, you can specify a specific version of the pack to play in that case.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug

30.5 Days posted:

I work full-time for technic. We make the platform and launcher but we also release official packs. We're working on officializing blightfall and this new version is gonna be absolutely killer. Probably the best thing we've released. We're not going to let a little thing like the lynchpin mod being an unmaintainable dumpster fire get in our way.

Out of curiosity, was just about to start playing Blightfall - how far out is that update?

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Falcon2001 posted:

Out of curiosity, was just about to start playing Blightfall - how far out is that update?

It's hazy, because it's going to be accompanied with hype, have a ton of new features, etc. I'm really serious about getting it out by the end of June. Talonos is killing himself clearing out a ton of bugs and I've got a couple tasks left for it but new stuff pops up every day as he realizes one of his bugs isn't really HIS bugs, so I step in to ASM something. The new version is going to have a lot of cool stuff, like an end-game taint-cleansing machine, a real end to the game that feels awfully satisfying and is probably the most satisfying ending of any "story" minecraft ANYTHING I've seen, a brand new botania questline with some custom junk I contributed, a WAY better food integration with a new hunger overhaul falloff curve, new foods, and golem compatibility for HO wheat/barley, some map improvements like making taint not ruin deserts, better ITT compatibility, fixed extraTiC bow stats, totems of dawn catch up to where they should be when they reload after being unloaded for awhile, a brand new death punishment system that drops your mission outlook rep instead of using HQM's life system, and on and on and on.

The game is definitely in a really good spot to play right now, as long as you're cool with JUST having a great thaumcraft & blood magic quest lines. If you don't want to wait, you shouldn't. But if you're interested in playing it through all the way to the end, and ESPECIALLY if you want to play with friends, I'd consider waiting until the official release, it's just too good. On the other hand, if you're the kind of person who played ag skies a couple times or whatever, the different starting locations adds some replayability to the pack, so that + the new stuff might make you want to play it twice. I'm not real big on replaying packs myself, though, so I wouldn't.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Falcon2001 posted:

I started it and it was buggy and terrible and finding specific metals was loving impossible, This was like a month or two ago, so yeah, I would really like to know if I should give the current version a shot or hold out for the new technic hotness.

edit: oh, whoops, there you are.

Ash Rose fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Jun 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
I tried out the FTB Departed modpack because I felt like playing a freeform adventurey type modpack, and I was interested in all those dimensions Advent of Ascension has. AA turns out... not to be a terribly fun mod. The modpack starts you out with a book that warns you to avoid certain biomes and get a weapon and some armor asap, talking about how best to set up a base so that mobs don't spawn in it. I was like "ok well let's see how this goes". Mobs sure do spawn in daylight, but they aren't super OP or anything in the Forest biome I was in, and they at least look like they belong in minecraft... that was until I ran into a high-hp mob that kept dropping lit TNT. Which spawned during the day. Also there are these aggravatingly loud sound effects for things as common as getting bonus drops from mining blocks, or night falling, or getting random essence drops or something from breaking plants.