Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Accretionist posted:

It's telling that conservatives failed to find an equivalent outside and had to settle for projecting all over a d-list dilettante.

She is the CENTRAL figure of the democratic outreach to YOUTH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
i'm watching Dogtooth and i feel like I understand this family better than ever, hth

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Haier posted:

This is everything David Icke preaches, except the diddling is a core function of the process. He went on about how there's weird ritual molestation dungeons under the major LDS temples and the Vatican and other places. Also the media leaders and the governments all over the world do it too.

Source: Am reptilian.

every year icke gets more believable

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

"Hacksaw" Jim [Bob] Duggar

Chafey
Jun 14, 2005
http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/bristol-palin-compares-josh-duggar-to-lena-dunham-double-standards-201546

This is a really really funny article, and also what makes this especially funny to me (Full disclaimer: I am a Caucasian male born in Hawaii with Caucasian family in Alaska) is the reference to Bristol Palin as an "Alaska native"

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Harald posted:

i'm watching Dogtooth and i feel like I understand this family better than ever, hth

Dugtooth

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Dugtown & J-Bobs

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

Clochette posted:

I don't know much about the Duggars, are any of their kids disabled?

Yeah one of them is a child molester.

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

Jonny 290 posted:

striped polos: for when you've just Given Up

*is wearing a striped polo*

gently caress

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Their last kid was born at 25 weeks weighing only a pound

You would think that would have been a sign that you might want to stop having kids but nope Michelle went to a fertility clinic

http://www.today.com/parents/duggars-visit-fertility-doctor-we-would-love-more-children-parents-2D79685068

Catch?

"We would love more children if God saw fit to give us more, I just want to make sure that I am ready to catch a baby if that would happen"

If God is snuffing out your children before they can manage to escape your clown car of a womb, maybe he doesn't see fit to give you any more.

I'm kind of impressed that they made it to 19 without any confirmed severe health problems. I'm just waiting to hear about that one Quiverfull family where half the kids are autistic though.

Clochette fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jun 5, 2015

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Chafey posted:

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/bristol-palin-compares-josh-duggar-to-lena-dunham-double-standards-201546

This is a really really funny article, and also what makes this especially funny to me (Full disclaimer: I am a Caucasian male born in Hawaii with Caucasian family in Alaska) is the reference to Bristol Palin as an "Alaska native"

quote:

"We had no fear because everything was taken care of," the Duggar family patriarch told the show host. "That was actually a sealed juvenile record. And they had told us that all this stuff was done as a juvenile, this was all stuff that was sealed, and this is stuff that under law there is no way that this could ever be brought out."
well Jim Bob I guess we're supposed to feel sorry that you took your pedo cop buddy's word for it instead of taking the time to learn how freedom of information laws work?

also wow i thought after being exploited by her mom, failing to see through a farcical marriage, and being a real-life example of someone getting run over by backwards abstinence-only sex ed Bristol had maybe developed some sense of humility or moderation but no she's loving crazier than ever lmao

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I'm guessing he is talking about this blather from Sarah Palin?

quote:

Remember reports of the pedophile billionaire our former democrat president has been friends with and hung out with on the pedophile's "orgy island” full of underage girls?
...no? what the gently caress is she talking about? Between this and Lena Dunham conservatives sure have a weird encyclopedic knowledge of obscure sex scandal rumors

also reading these statements never gets old:

Sarah Palin posted:

I’m not an apologist for any sexual predator, but

Hazo fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jun 5, 2015

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Experience (Jim) Bij

Dammit_Carl!
Mar 5, 2013
Wow. Near the same skin tone too.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
What I'm curious about is this:

Why not take the stance, "He is a horrible pox on our family, and must be Cast Out!" I mean seriously? How hard would it have been to paint him as the 'bad seed' in the family? They could go on claiming they are so righteous, and isolate him?

Make no mistake, if one of the Duggar children comes out as gay/trans that is what they would do. So why rationalize one of their own molesting his own sisters and a family friend?

Also, how come the father of the girl that was not related to them hasn't made some huge deal about this? I thought that generally these types of dads are the dads that are all like, "If anyone TOUCHES mah daughter, I'll use mah smitin' shovel to bury their body". So why hasn't the family of the 'friend' come forward to give their side of the story?

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

Hazo posted:

well Jim Bob I guess we're supposed to feel sorry that you took your pedo cop buddy's word for it instead of taking the time to learn how freedom of information laws work?

also wow i thought after being exploited by her mom, failing to see through a farcical marriage, and being a real-life example of someone getting run over by backwards abstinence-only sex ed Bristol had maybe developed some sense of humility or moderation but no she's loving crazier than ever lmao
...no? what the gently caress is she talking about? Between this and Lena Dunham conservatives sure have a weird encyclopedic knowledge of obscure sex scandal rumors

also reading these statements never gets old:

Reminds me of when I used to hang out on the IMDb politics forum and people would try to prove that either conservatives or liberals were either by producing a list of serial killers who voted Democrat or Republican. It got to the point where they'd respond to each other with the opposing lists in order to prove... something.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Panfilo posted:

Also, how come the father of the girl that was not related to them hasn't made some huge deal about this? I thought that generally these types of dads are the dads that are all like, "If anyone TOUCHES mah daughter, I'll use mah smitin' shovel to bury their body". So why hasn't the family of the 'friend' come forward to give their side of the story?
Possibility of being ostracized from the cultchurch where according to Jay Biggz this is totally normal

(and tons of hush money)

Depressio111117
Oct 18, 2014

A whole world of imagination beyond the oompah band.
i dated a guy once whose family was very conservative and religious. his mom always gave me the creeps because she was super soft spoken and always kept her eyes downcast. she's the spitting image of michelle, down to that 80's hair. anyway this whole incident has reminded me that the guy once drunkenly confessed to me that his mom molested him when he was a kid so michelle's probably in on all of it too.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Chafey posted:

well idk maybe todd palin got cucked by a built aleutian dude with a fine rear end back in the 90s

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Panfilo posted:

Why not take the stance, "He is a horrible pox on our family, and must be Cast Out!" I mean seriously? How hard would it have been to paint him as the 'bad seed' in the family? They could go on claiming they are so righteous, and isolate him?

Make no mistake, if one of the Duggar children comes out as gay/trans that is what they would do. So why rationalize one of their own molesting his own sisters and a family friend?

because jesus forgave him and it was heteromolestation and women are objects for men to gently caress babies into so really josh was just getting a head start at being a good patriach

also josh bob duggar worked at the FAMILY RESERACH COUNCIL where CULTURE WARRIORS go to fight WORLDY JEW LIBERALISM

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.

Panfilo posted:

Because they're all members of the same church...which JimBob runs on property he owns. The huge majority of these families are poor as poo poo because the women aren't allowed to work, so they've got enormous families on one income and here's JimBob with a big old checkbook, running the church you're a member of to align with his own personal agenda. The father isn't piping up for multiple reasons...it's likely a combination of hush money, fear of being cast out from the church, and a deep need to keep hiding that his daughter was a horrible slut who made that poor sweet innocent boy touch her (thereby making her unmarriageable because she's a big slutty sinner, after all ATI teaches that if girls are molested or raped, it's their fault for making the men want them). Likely the only reason the Duggar girls can still be sold off to the highest bidder is because the Duggars hold the biggest purse strings in the movement.

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

Panfilo posted:

Their reasoning is this: Josh molested those girls, but he's not doing it anymore (ostensibly) and he apologized for it. Being gay or trans is something you're doing in the present, not something you did in the past and repented for.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

quote:

And, for what it's worth, "Welcome to my world; believe me - what doesn't kill you makes you stronger!"

- Sarah Palin

Makes Palin Stronger.
Someone who went from nearly 2nd most powerful person in the US, to standing in front of a man killing turkeys, to having a fist fight at a family birthday party, to cant even get a solid slot at Fox anymore.
Stronger, sure.

Tacos Al Pastor
Jun 20, 2003

Unless there were a few C sections thrown in, I shudder to think what a vagina looks like after 19 kids.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

how do they know jesus forgave him? maybe jesus said gently caress that and is in the long process of planning a horrible torturous punishment for josh

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

spiralbrain posted:

Unless there were a few C sections thrown in, I shudder to think what a vagina looks like after 19 kids.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

cumshitter posted:

WORLDY JEW LIBERALISM

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Jim Bob Jones University

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Million Ghosts posted:

Jim Bob Jones University

Thats where I got my Doctorate in Joshology.
And where I could gently caress kids.

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

spiralbrain posted:

Do not, and I mean this with all sincerity, look up "vaginal prolapse."

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

wizard's sleeve

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I am the 20th Duggar child, Jay Nothing.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

happyhippy posted:

Makes Palin Stronger.
Someone who went from nearly 2nd most powerful person in the US, to standing in front of a man killing turkeys, to having a fist fight at a family birthday party, to cant even get a solid slot at Fox anymore.
Stronger, sure.

the incredible rise and fall of sarah palin was the best thing to happen to american politics in decades

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Jim Bobbin Threadbare

Threadbare? Quiverfull!

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Jim "The Bob" Johnson

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lolling how conservative media keeps on repeating the lie on how the records were "leaked" to the media.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
I would be shocked if Josh wasn't molested himself. I would be double shocked if Josh hasn't molested his daughter. And I would be triple shocked if the seven times he was outed for molesting that the family knew about were the only times he did it. If I had to bet money on it Id say he probably did it regularly and only got caught 7 times which is already a hilariously high number of times to be caught molesting without being in jail.

Also I highly suggest reading the released police report. Then when you are done rewatch the interview. Make sure you have a bottle of liquor near by when you do.

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
oh yeah it's only a matter of time before we hear about the other cases. theres no way in hell josh is the only duggar molesting children

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001

Phoon posted:

every year icke gets more believable

He's actually a very nice man in person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
:siren: sarah palin :siren:

• Locked thread