Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I only have two strong town reads and that makes me sad :(

I will not vote LUTR or Gulag today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

what about me makes you think i'm town

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

The way you trolled me yesterday.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I do not know if I buy that answer

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

sorry, I mean, I do not know know if I buy that answer, yar, matey

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

GulagDolls posted:

GulagDolls posted:

sorry, I mean, I do not know know if I buy that answer, yar, matey

scumslip spotted

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

GulagDolls posted:

Why?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

why would that be indicative of alignment

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Because it was to get a response out of me, or so I though.]

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i had actually forgot it was still d1 because two people were dead

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
Hey Gulag, what do you think of Shanakin?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Oh, I thought you were trying to see if I had info from the scumdoc or something.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Ixtlilton posted:

Can someone give me a short version of the case on QPQ?

For me the big thing is that I find a lot of his casing to give the impression of being super well done and thought out but is in fact pretty flimsy which he admits in his first couple of posts. MCS did a big post on him that is pretty good, but I'm actually not sure what MCS opinion on QPQ is/was, he could've just as easily been antagonizing him as making an actual case.

QuoProQuid posted:

That's a pretty substantial shift to make over an evening. What exactly caused that? You quote the exact same post as part of both reads.

There were two things that changed it for me. The first was I read it this morning with a clearer mind as opposed to last night where I read the 12 pages in one go at around 2 am. Also, I read the individual post histories as opposed to reading the thread in itself. I don't actually know if that's better or worse but I prefer it personally, not only because it's a way easier and less dense way to read up on people. Doing so like that you don't get the antagonism of MCS posts and his case seems a bit more solid. Also, for me, it pointed out the sort flimsy fabrication I'm getting from your posts.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

1st thought: who is that

upon reading post history: i dont think he's taken a s tance on anything this whole game. bad guy??? new?? both?? probably a good candidate for stab

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Ixtlilton posted:

Oh, I thought you were trying to see if I had info from the scumdoc or something.

This is some really twist-your-neck kinda logic yo

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

You use someone's who's just replaced in an skimmed the game is 12 minutes' reaction to that to see if they looked in the scumdoc and saw there were no night actions/someone told them their vote didn't count. It's pretty simple.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Ixtlilton posted:

Also what he just described the dude getting offed as doing is town af, this dude is a cum man.

I.... what?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

you heard him

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

GulagDolls posted:

you heard him

I really don't like picturing it though.

Also deadline is 3 days? What the hell?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I don't have any strong suspicions at the moment, may need to do a reread sometime. I'm not as suspicious of QPQ as I was earlier, his play looks about the same as what I've seen from him in other games (links in all his posts and all) and he's one of the few players I feel is really trying to contribute.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I think there is probably something to the idea that Ecco would have worked up an early case on his scumbuddy LUTR to punch the ticket on distancing. Their exchange looked more like friendly sparring than any real suspicion behind it.

I'll hold my vote until I can do a reread though.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Day 4 Vote Count

100YrsofAttitude (2): Pinterest Mom, Somberbrero
QuoProQuid (2): 100YrsofAttitude, dscruffy1
Shanakin (1): Look Under The Rock

ETA to deadline: 1 hour, 51 minutes

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

gently caress it, let's kill the person with like four posts.

##votw Shanakin

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

CCKeane posted:

gently caress it, let's kill the person with like four posts.

##votw Shanakin

thank you

although you might want to fix that, unless votefinder can handle typos

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Typo...OR FAKED DAY ACTION?!

##vote Shankakin

This person has like a post a day.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CCKeane posted:

Typo...OR FAKED DAY ACTION?!

##vote Shankakin

This person has like a post a day.

This is my case.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Having gone through LUTR, his content is just as as unexceptional as I remembered. He has lots of jokevotes (1), (2) but that's not exactly noteworthy in this game. His only major contributions until Met's lynch is his defense of Gridlocked (4) (5) which is only weird because of his previously laid-back demeanor, and his sparing with Ecco (6), (7), (8) which I had initially used in LUTR's benefit. Now, I'm not entirely sure. As TNL says (9), the exchange comes off much less extreme than I remember.

The crux of my suspicions still boil down to the last moments of yesterday. I really don't like how defensive he gets when Mets and MEDS cast suspicion on him (10). His explanation for this behavior, and his thoughts on why Met was pulling a gambit seem weak to me (11).

Also, I dislike the Shanakin lynch (12). I won't mourn his passing if it happens, but it comes off to me as an exceptionally lazy play. The Ecco Gambit, which seems to be LUTR's reasoning for the lynch (Ibid)works more in theory than in practice, where it can act as smokescreen for scum looking for an easy target.

##vote: LUTR

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Yeah, I'm down for this. I don't need a reason.

##vote LUTR

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

QuoProQuid posted:

The Ecco Gambit, which seems to be LUTR's reasoning for the lynch (Ibid)works more in theory than in practice, where it can act as smokescreen for scum looking for an easy target.

i found scum with the ecco gambit :v:

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Pinterest Mom posted:

i found scum with the ecco gambit :v:

Obviously the exception that proves the rule!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

QuoProQuid posted:

Having gone through LUTR, his content is just as as unexceptional as I remembered. He has lots of jokevotes (1), (2) but that's not exactly noteworthy in this game. His only major contributions until Met's lynch is his defense of Gridlocked (4) (5) which is only weird because of his previously laid-back demeanor, and his sparing with Ecco (6), (7), (8) which I had initially used in LUTR's benefit. Now, I'm not entirely sure. As TNL says (9), the exchange comes off much less extreme than I remember.

The crux of my suspicions still boil down to the last moments of yesterday. I really don't like how defensive he gets when Mets and MEDS cast suspicion on him (10). His explanation for this behavior, and his thoughts on why Met was pulling a gambit seem weak to me (11).

Also, I dislike the Shanakin lynch (12). I won't mourn his passing if it happens, but it comes off to me as an exceptionally lazy play. The Ecco Gambit, which seems to be LUTR's reasoning for the lynch (Ibid)works more in theory than in practice, where it can act as smokescreen for scum looking for an easy target.

##vote: LUTR

Haha okay DFW.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

CCKeane posted:

Haha okay DFW.

Imagining him as the ghost of DFW condemned to play Mafia games actually improves my opinion of him and makes his play seem more natural.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

With CCKeane's vote resolved, we're at a four-way tie. I'd rather if we put our heads together to get a bit more consensus. I'll reread 100 Yrs and Shanakin to see if there is something exceptional that I missed.

As with before, who is here right now and will be around for the deadline?

CCKeane posted:

Haha okay DFW.

I don't know what that acronym means, CCKeane!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Sharkakin is a non entity, 100 is playing and I'll give him a pass.

I'd really like to get rid of Sharkakin.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

QuoProQuid posted:

With CCKeane's vote resolved, we're at a four-way tie. I'd rather if we put our heads together to get a bit more consensus. I'll reread 100 Yrs and Shanakin to see if there is something exceptional that I missed.

As with before, who is here right now and will be around for the deadline?

I don't know what that acronym means, CCKeane!

David Foster Wallace is an author who was known for his love of footnotes.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

CCKeane posted:

David Foster Wallace is an author who was known for his love of footnotes.

I'll put him on my list of authors to read.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

QuoProQuid posted:

I'll put him on my list of authors to read.

Infinite Jest is one of the great American novels. It gets talked about a lot, but that it because it is quite good. I recommend it!

In exchange for this book recommendation, please vote Sharkakin.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

CCKeane posted:

Infinite Jest is one of the great American novels. It gets talked about a lot, but that it because it is quite good. I recommend it!

In exchange for this book recommendation, please vote Sharkakin.

You should probably start with the short story collection Oblivion first as Infinite Jest is pretty hard to get into if you have no knowledge of his style before starting. f'real don't get me started on Wallace rants in this thread.

btw I don't even know what the Ecco gambit is?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

A few brief thoughts on 100 Yrs: I remember liking her content yesterday and for her Her opening bout of impressions, that remains true (1), (2). I like the rapid fire attempt to catch-up and very little about those first few posts trip me up. Where I start to have a problem is with her retort to Pinterest Mom, which comes off as oddly menacing (3). I've noted the flip-flop on myself, and while 100 Yrs explanation for this shift makes sense, the event still reads to me as off. I also have an issue with this post (4) which gives me really bad ~~vibes~~. I am not sure if I can entirely articulate why this post gives me such a bad feeling, except by saying that it accomplishes nothing but bemoaning yesterday's lynch. It also seems obvious to me where scum were, likely supporting Met's lynch, but for 100 Yrs this is apparently an issue of contention.

Overall: Started off with good town vibes, which slowly eroded as I went through her posts. Still would prefer to lynch LUTR, but I see 100 Yrs as a good alternative candidate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Anyone who hasn't been active today is a chode

• Locked thread