Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I have no idea how to play this game tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq

Tremendous Taste posted:

like any kingmaker game, we lynch people who deserve it and end the game in ten minutes, everyone else is playing it worng

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

CapitalistPig posted:

Bottleknight is scum.

He's being really weird and he's defending me and I'm acting scummy, anyone currently defending me is pretty scummy because I'm not playing well so you should all be suspicious of me.

Is it sad I find this oddly compelling? I still think DBD is the best chance we have for a non-rebel flip - but this makes a lot of sense.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

BottleKnight posted:

For whatever reason,

People I think are probably scum: DBD, GG, Klee

This would mean at least one person is bussing the other since I've been suspicious of both, GG's vote is on me, Klee's vote is on me. Weird 3 choices.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

GulagDolls posted:

i have third most posts in this thread and am confirmed town due to dong joke

dong joke was good but its a stretch to say that confirms you

thanks for turning up though everyone

my lynch order is

Tier 1: Gulag > TT > Pig (this order is more or less arbitrary tbh and gulag tops it now just cause I think maintaining that the dick joke confirms him is suss)

Tier 2: BK + GG > Kleedrac (I like BK as king the best, but I dont wanna gun for da king just yet. Kleedrac is either a town who is just not thinking super-hard about his posts which is probably fine or a guard who is struggling with the format, I dont know which, GG could be a guard who realised lurking is a scum tell in this game but now that its obvious nobody cares about that he's happy to fade into the background)

Tier 3 DBD (could be king but if he isn't its gonna be poo poo for the game if we lynch one of the more engaged players)

Tremendous Taste posted:

yeah fair cop its pretty radically different to what people are used to but I think its a really cool stripped back essence of the whole point of the game, but I get how no night actions is annoying for a lot of peoples playstyles

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
GG has also been super quiet lately, busy?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Kleedrac posted:

Is it sad I find this oddly compelling? I still think DBD is the best chance we have for a non-rebel flip - but this makes a lot of sense.

You're allowed to look at other people you know.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Deadbeat Dad posted:

You're allowed to look at other people you know.

I have, I truly believe that you've been super-bossy and flat shat on any opinion you didn't start all game - this is scum behaviour as far as I'm concerned. I keep trying to empathize - I'm a rebel - I know all of one player's alignment (mine) and I'm not that confident of anything else (even your alignment!) But I can't see myself posting the way you have unless I had more to go on. You're railing me to the gallows and the only way you're absolutely sure of my alignment is if you know I'm a rebel and that doesn't factor into it.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
To be fair one of the opinions dbd has 'shat on' is me defending him so I can't really get on board on you tunnelling him at all

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Also nobody in this game regardless of their alignment can be certain somebody is a rebel unless they are a guard and that person is king

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Deadbeat Dad posted:

GG has also been super quiet lately, busy?

Drunk at dinner with my boo, who is getting some dental work done maņana. ##VOTE BoTtle

He feels like a stronger target than DbD, upgrading him to King Status, I also think pig might be a guard instead of taste. Second guard, maybe DbD or gulag.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

MC Eating Disorder posted:

Also nobody in this game regardless of their alignment can be certain somebody is a rebel unless they are a guard and that person is king

This feels like a pointless and very obvious thing to point out. Perhaps to substantiate a weak case. I'll rraf this thrrad at home under the influence of sobriety.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Kleedrac just implied that dbd knew he was a rebel hence why I pointed it out

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
GG absolutely gets a pass for now tho cause what kind of idiot scum would drunk post

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Kleedrac posted:

I have, I truly believe that you've been super-bossy and flat shat on any opinion you didn't start all game - this is scum behaviour as far as I'm concerned. I keep trying to empathize - I'm a rebel - I know all of one player's alignment (mine) and I'm not that confident of anything else (even your alignment!) But I can't see myself posting the way you have unless I had more to go on. You're railing me to the gallows and the only way you're absolutely sure of my alignment is if you know I'm a rebel and that doesn't factor into it.

And I keep asking you to show proof where I've been super bossy and poo poo on opinions, I showed you that Gulag was the one pushing Mouse's lynch (which you attributed to me) and then you keep saying I'm some big bully.

show

proof

please

otherwise this is me minding my business and you trying to say i'm the bully

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I can get down with a Bottle vote because his votes have become stranger and stranger as the days have went on, although he's tugging on my heart strings since I convinced him to change his vote and said he liked my style.

I like your style too, buddy

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
er not votes, I mean reasonings. Like I don't get the GG/Kleedrac/me triangle he has going on for top scum.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Kleedrac is a good lynch.

MC, would you vote for Kleedrac? Do you think his lynch would be bad for town?

Cpig, why am I a better lynch than Kleedrac? Is it really just the one thing where I said I think you're town?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I can get down with a Bottle vote because his votes have become stranger and stranger as the days have went on, although he's tugging on my heart strings since I convinced him to change his vote and said he liked my style.

I like your style too, buddy

This is fine, but I want everyone to say why they're going to vote me instead of just saying "he defended pig, he posts like a king." Otherwise we will get nothing from my flip.

also :glomp:

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I can also stay on Kleedrac, like I've loving stayed on it this long there's no reason to get off until he starts answering my questions.

He still hasn't answered how I bullied/influenced the Mouse vote so hard like he's accused me of

He hasn't acknowledged the post that made Bottle change his vote where he said I had nothing on him when I showed 2 instances of him calling me guard and then saying I'm the King

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

BottleKnight posted:

MC, would you vote for Kleedrac? Do you think his lynch would be bad for town?

The answer to this is ~in my posts today~

Well the first part anyway but I feel you can infer the second part from the answer to the first

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

we have to lynch bottle. it's unavoidable. i can feel dark ki radiating from him

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

MC Eating Disorder posted:

The answer to this is ~in my posts today~

Well the first part anyway but I feel you can infer the second part from the answer to the first

You said me and Kleedrac are both second-tier votes. Is your vote going to stay on gulag, then? That's your #1?

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Kleedrac is an ok vote because if he's town at least we haven't lost someone making strong posts and I think out of all the active people in this game he's most likely to be a guard. His votes are hella tunnelly which I don't like in this game but he's time and time again demonstrated he doesn't quite get the format so that's by no means a great scum tell. If he's a guard his flip will be reasonably valuable but I think he's a higher chance of being town than pretty much anyone except dbd

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
If that post seems contradictory think of it this way: I think he has a high variance in his alignment to me but if he's town I don't mind losing him as much as a lot of people so I'll switch to him without a fight but I think there are way better votes and the only reason I want to vote him is if he's the alternative to dbd

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

but dbd is....on your tier 3...

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

GulagDolls posted:

but dbd is....on your tier 3...

Don't rap yr accusations at me

State them clearly

Or I'm gonna be

Sufficiently

Irate like woody Guthrie

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I don't know enough about WGs personality to know if that last part is really accurate I'm just trying to keep up with the flow

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Is this worded really weirdly or am I just :tinfoil:

Deadbeat Dad posted:

man I REALLY hate kleedrac's post the more I read it. what else would we be looking for besides liars without a night? it could be an earnest question but he's been in quite a few games

I'm going to sleep though
Picking on me for a poorly worded post

Deadbeat Dad posted:

This post is almost as bad as Kleedrac. I understand D1 sentiments but this isn't overly jokey and there is no night action to go on so I mean just post and bounce off of people and call things out that are scummy.

You did nothing in this post besides say you have no idea on Gulag and point out the obvious on TT.
Picking on someone else for a poorly worded post

Deadbeat Dad posted:

there are certainly some gaps in logic but I don't believe he believes that's the most likely scenario, if he does, that is really dumb. which lends me to believe he is a rebel. The way he elaborated and explained his thinking seems town. It would be odd play from a guard or king - I still don't like certain statements from Mouse, Kleedrac and GG but I think GG rubbed me wrong the last game I played with him so it might just be a playstyle thing but more than that, he reads like I did my first year of playing mafia when I was scum trying to fit in, I was just eager and really helpful and tried to be too safe. I also think he entertained TT far too much than he deserved to be entertained. A weird vote. Mouse is white noise at this point. Kleedrac's one wording thing might be a slip.
Picking on multiple people's posts

Honestly do you want me to go on? Your entire post history reads like a grade school bully.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Oh My God That Is Called D1 Mafia Where Scum Slip Up And Word Things Strangely And I Do A Thing Called Scumhunting And See What Posts Are Strange And What Is Not

If you think me calling your post strange is mafia-bullying.. well.. I honestly don't know what to say.

Again, you clearly said I drove a lynch towards Strong Mouse and bullied people into voting him. You still haven't proven that.

D1 - 0 night actions, what kind of scumhunting would you prefer me to do? "Is this worded weirdly or am I crazy" is not bullying, dude. Sorry if you feel that way.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Like I thought you were going to pull out something I forgot I said like "oh my god you stupid fucker why did you do this this is poo poo honestly vote this idiot" but all you did was quote posts of me actively scumhunting and said it's bullying. If we're not lynching people D1 on their actions and posts, what do you want me to look for in players?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I'm still honestly in shock you quoted me playing mafia as a case against me. Cmon Kleedrac! I like you! You've played 29 games of mafia.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
You said earlier that you think I hold you as more of a competent player and I do. This is why your posts seemed odd early on because I felt you were asking questions that didn't need to be asked, as if you were a first time player and didn't have 28 games under your belt, you also had a scumslip where you phrased something like you were scum.

I voiced my opinions on yours (and other peoples posts) sternly, but I don't think saying "Man, I REALLY hate this post it just doesn't seem right and isn't very towny" means anything besides taking a stance on certain posts.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I have a bad feeling about Pig and a suspicion of Bottleknight. I'm not sure how to place my vote between the two given the voting

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
##vote pig

Does that help?

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Hey every one help TT make up his mind and vote pig and we can get d3 underway before you know it!

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Oh My God That Is Called D1 Mafia Where Scum Slip Up And Word Things Strangely And I Do A Thing Called Scumhunting And See What Posts Are Strange And What Is Not

If you think me calling your post strange is mafia-bullying.. well.. I honestly don't know what to say.

Again, you clearly said I drove a lynch towards Strong Mouse and bullied people into voting him. You still haven't proven that.

D1 - 0 night actions, what kind of scumhunting would you prefer me to do? "Is this worded weirdly or am I crazy" is not bullying, dude. Sorry if you feel that way.

I'm sorry but no, that's not day one mafia. You weren't pointing out lies or making a case for buddying up - you said you didn't like the wording of my posts! That's not scumhunting that's pointing out clumsy wording - it's not the same thing.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I'm finding it hard to believe that this is real

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

GulagDolls posted:

I'm finding it hard to believe that this is real

:chanpop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
We're going to go around and around. Either lynch Kleedrac or provide a better reason for me to switch and I'll possibly do it, but I don't see a way where Kleedrac staying in the game is not going to make me suspect him the way he's been playing.

• Locked thread