Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I'm trying to play Xenoblade Chronicles. It worked on one of my older Dolphin builds, but when I updated to 4.0.2, and then to 4.0 - 6084, the game starts with Dunban falling forever.

edit: Disabling DCBZ or whatever helped, but now the game runs like poo poo.

Processor: AMD FX 6100 six core processor, 3.30 GHz
RAM: 8 GB
System Type: 64-bit

v Guess I'm just out of luck, then.

Butt Ghost fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Apr 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

The developers do not recommend using AMD Processors with Dolphin.

Nokiaman
Mar 2, 2013

Mill Village posted:

This pretty much. In FAQ they state it's due to low IPC performance.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
You should submit a bug report though, it shouldn't outright break like that

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Mill Village posted:

It should still work. Optimization has gotten good enough that even some of the faster AMD processors should be able to run a good amount of games at full speed.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

an article about rachelb

:(

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Mill Village posted:

No one recommends using AMD Processors. Ever.

Yes. I sure wish AMD could actually create proper products that would compete with Intel and Nvidia, but that will never happen and it's bad for all of us since no healthy competition leads to lovely monopolies and shittier products from the established companies.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Just looked up a bunch of articles that she contributed a ton of work to Dolphin. She was really cool. :(

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Don't make fun of people y'all. :(

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

What a terrible thing. She had so much to deal with :(.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

quote:

She was turned down for Social Security disability benefits last year.

quote:

They learned it was after that disability rejection that Rachel made her first suicide attempt from the George Washington Bridge.

What the heck is the point of these programs if we don't provide people like this with more help? This is shameful.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Too much bureaucracy results in people falling through the cracks. You can't use elevators if the capacity is exceeded.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

I am just shocked that she was denied given her medical history.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
It's not even just a capacity thing, people who are eligible are intentionally denied multiple times to discourage them before acceptance into the program

/derail

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Please stop having lfchat in the Dolphin thread over a person's suicide. Thank you.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
lol

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-unofficial-ishiiruka-dolphin-custom-version?page=216

Wind Waker with screen space ambient occlusion

Twilight Princess with depth of field

Super Mario Sunshine repainted: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-jdP0ymYKY

Luigi's Mansion repainted

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Eh, that Wind Waker screenshot kinda looks like rear end.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Because he's stretching it to 16:9 like some kind of lunatic.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Does anyone know if there is more than just the 4 digit code that Dolphin reads to identify what game a save belongs to? I'm trying to load an NTSC save on a PAL game but even after changing the four digit code to the PAL version of the game (in this case from RFEE to RFEP) when I import the save in Dolphin it reads it as belonging to the NTSC version and places the save in the NTSC version's folder (in this case 52464545 instead of 52464550). Even manually moving the save won't be recognized as the PAL version so I'm assuming there is at least one other location that identifies the save as NTSC. I realize that it's unlikely that the only differences between the two formats is a few characters but I would at least like to get the game to recognize the file at all even if it considers it corrupt before I give up.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
There is, but it's effectively a new version of the game and might not load correctly. If you're curious, you can use a hex editor and edit the first bits of the .gci file.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Because he's stretching it to 16:9 like some kind of lunatic.

Also because depth of field is an idiotic feature that intentionally makes parts of the scene blurry because real world, physical cameras are imperfect.

E: oh, right, you were talking about the other Zelda screenshot. I still think DOF implementation is a waste of time.

pun pundit fucked around with this message at 06:11 on May 20, 2015

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Yeah, that's horrible. Both Zelda shots are horrible.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Don't know if anybody cares, but I gave this custom build a try last night and was getting an extra 5-10 fps in Rogue Squadron on my old q6600. Might/probably would be a good boost for other games I'd imagine.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
that build is loving trash lmao don't use it

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Oh bummer. What's wrong with it?

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
it's forked from a super old version of dolphin and works by basically special-casing every single popular game and writing code for that

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Ah, gotcha. It was linked in the RS thread and it said last updated like 5 days ago so i figured it'd be somewhat up to date. Too bad whatever it did actually seemed to work :/

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
the dude updates it sporadically and fairly regularly, you're still effectively running a version of dolphin from well over two years ago without any of our recent fixes, with per-game hacks on top

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
IMO it still has utility as a lower overhead build if your CPU isn't up to the task.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
drat, that's pretty old lol

Thanks for the head's up.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

If it's faster for the game you want to play, use it. What do you care if it has per-game hacks vs more pure emulation that doesn't run as well on your machine?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
lol yeah fair enough. I can just keep this build around for RS for now.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
May Progress Report is in. Dolphin gets relicensed as GPLv2+ to avoid future issues, rounding errors get sorted out, Bounding Box is disabled outside of games that actually need it to increase performance, EFB pokes get merged for speed, and HD texture packs get preloading support to reduce stuttering. Busy busy!

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Grabbed an xb1 controller to use for GameCube emulation and stuff but the right stick has awful drift that makes a lot of things unplayable. I wanted to just hook up a PS3 controller until I got a replacement, but MotionInJoy's site is 404ing. Am I out of luck here?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Don't use Motioninjoy ever unless you really want BSODs and malware.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

What's the equivalent of pointing your wiimote down with the mouse What do you need to do with the mouse to approximate the instructions "point your wiimote down"? I tried pointing the mouse cursor pretty much everywhere on the screen, including the toolbar, and the game simply won't recognize what I'm trying to do.

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Jun 5, 2015

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Thanks for the link! Sorry if this is super obvious, only scanned the page for a second (on my phone at the moment) - is this specifically for Bluetooth connections or will it work for USB as well?

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Ryoshi posted:

Thanks for the link! Sorry if this is super obvious, only scanned the page for a second (on my phone at the moment) - is this specifically for Bluetooth connections or will it work for USB as well?

It will work for USBs as well. USB is comparatively easy compared to Bluetooth. This also holds for USB-to-Classic-Controller adapters and DualShock 4s with DS4Windows.com for Xinput support.

And even Bluetooth is pretty okay unless it's Wiimotes, in which case gently caress it get the Mayflash sensor bar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Nate RFB posted:

This combination lets me use a DualShock 2 in my current Windows 7 PC:

1). Adapter: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001AATQ0Y/ref=oh_o04_s00_i01_details

2). PSX-to-USB Game Adapter with Vibration Driver: http://support.radioshack.com/soft.htm

• Locked thread