Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Resdfru posted:

So I got an email today

I've never hacked, installed mods, bullied or quit in progress games. The only thing I've done is use a ton of money hackers have thrown my way.

Anyone know how long this will last?

How much were you given? Did you deposit it into bank all at once? Were they ridiculously huge transactions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

theguybro posted:

How much were you given? Did you deposit it into bank all at once? Were they ridiculously huge transactions?

according to the social club website a total of 25m from jobs and 850k from pickups. Some of that is legit, but only around 2-3 mil.

It was in chunks of 10m from one guy, 5 from another, etc. I deposited the whole amount when I got it usually (this was before I read your post about not depositing large amounts).

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

Resdfru posted:

So I got an email today

I've never hacked, installed mods, bullied or quit in progress games. The only thing I've done is use a ton of money hackers have thrown my way.

Oh boy, here we go! I'm gonna assume that pretty much everyone is going to get one of these if they are flagging hacker monies. That being said, this definitely goes against the link posted earlier about Rockstar's response to people inquiring about hacked money...

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

Resdfru posted:

according to the social club website a total of 25m from jobs and 850k from pickups. Some of that is legit, but only around 2-3 mil.

It was in chunks of 10m from one guy, 5 from another, etc. I deposited the whole amount when I got it usually (this was before I read your post about not depositing large amounts).

What level are you?

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

theguybro posted:

What level are you?

hellfaucet posted:

Oh boy, here we go! I'm gonna assume that pretty much everyone is going to get one of these if they are flagging hacker monies. That being said, this definitely goes against the link posted earlier about Rockstar's response to people inquiring about hacked money...

I'm going to spam myself with millions

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

theguybro posted:

What level are you?

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Had my friend I usually roll with tell me today he felt guilty for getting the money and then spending almost all of it.

I told him I didn't, mainly because it's a game. On top of that it is a game about being able to choose to ignore your conscience. The game made 15mil available and I bought everything I would have had it been IRL money in a similar function. I spent a grand total of $40 in Shark cards, and that's all I was ever going to allow myself to spend.

I have yet to play single player. In fact I'm only at the part after the intro heist where Franklin and some dude steal some cars and joy ride them around. If I get banned (likely won't) from multiplayer for receiving a ton of cash, then I'll play Single, or move on to whatever other game is out there.

Hell, I'll even go back to Warframe.

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

hagie posted:

Had my friend I usually roll with tell me today he felt guilty for getting the money and then spending almost all of it.

I told him I didn't, mainly because it's a game. On top of that it is a game about being able to choose to ignore your conscience. The game made 15mil available and I bought everything I would have had it been IRL money in a similar function. I spent a grand total of $40 in Shark cards, and that's all I was ever going to allow myself to spend.

I have yet to play single player. In fact I'm only at the part after the intro heist where Franklin and some dude steal some cars and joy ride them around. If I get banned (likely won't) from multiplayer for receiving a ton of cash, then I'll play Single, or move on to whatever other game is out there.

Hell, I'll even go back to Warframe.

Check that trap thing and tell me if it's similar and how it can be improved

Also, I also doubt you'd get banned, I don't understand what's getting people in these situations?

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
I dunno, its weird. I never even got around to installing that returning players thing yet.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I wonder if hackers could randomly add data to people's GTA Online saves that appear to be evidence of hacking. I don't mean deliberately, just as a side-effect of spamming random commands in the trainer. Like "give this person Forbidden Item X in their inventory or wardrobe and then Rockstar scans for it and they get flagged".

Because I don't think it's anything to do with money if you spend all of it. Unless maybe they also have records of money spent.

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

King Vidiot posted:

I wonder if hackers could randomly add data to people's GTA Online saves that appear to be evidence of hacking. I don't mean deliberately, just as a side-effect of spamming random commands in the trainer. Like "give this person Forbidden Item X in their inventory or wardrobe and then Rockstar scans for it and they get flagged".

Because I don't think it's anything to do with money if you spend all of it. Unless maybe they also have records of money spent.

No because those items disappear when you go to another session, and yes there are stats for everything including money spent. If you open the GTA rpf files in OpenIV you can take a look at:

mpstatssetup.xml in GTAV > common.rpf

This will show you literally every recorded stat.

theguybro fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jun 5, 2015

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

King Vidiot posted:

It doesn't seem implausible to me, I've had hackers change my clothing and cars before and I had to go and change them back the long way, it didn't reset after the session. I'm sure that stamped some kind of data on my logs.

It's also completely plausible that R* has literally no good way of identifying hackers at all except for the player reporting system and maybe some rear end in a top hat just dinged you because he's a baby?

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

The object I was in was locked into the ground.

It was like a jail. Shaped like a +. My truck was shut off, Wheelow and I were removed, and then it popped around us. The glass was bullet proof, and seemed to be externally impervious to explosives. Internally explosives were just plain deadly, as there was no where to really avoid the blast.

If I chose menu suicide, or blew myself up I spawned outside the structure, but once I went to take a step, it spawned on me again. Wheelow suicided and was free immediately.

NPCs were oblivious to the structure, as the walked into it, and when cops came after me they just tried to shoot me.

Hackers don't like to be shot at it would seem. That's what starts it most. I'm wanting to do hood rat things with my friends, some dude cruises too close and gets some AP pistol. Then your vehicle cuts off and you get pulled out so you can get shot by them.

hagie fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jun 5, 2015

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

hagie posted:

It was like a jail. Shaped like a +. My truck was shut off, Wheelow and I were removed, and then it popped around us. The glass was bullet proof, and seemed to be externally impervious to explosives. Internally explosives were just plain deadly, as there was no where to really avoid the blast.

If I chose menu suicide, or blew myself up I spawned outside the structure, but once I went to take a step, it spawned on me again. Wheelow suicided and was free immediately.

NPCs were oblivious to the structure, as the walked into it, and when cops came after me they just tried to shoot me.

Hackers don't like to be shot at it would seem. That's what starts it most. I'm wanting to do hood rat things with my friends, some dude cruises too close and gets some AP pistol. Then your vehicle cuts off and you get pulled out so you can get shot by them.

Which is why I'm going to soon start working on "defense" sort of things. For now I can only delete attached objects to me, so I'm not effected by those.

Extraordinary physics by Cockstar displayed here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXZoygPs4SY

A great example of why dedicated servers need to appear as soon as loving possible: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb4Ufu7KzGo

^ This should not be a thing. Garages with n amount of spaces should not be zoned in the same region.
This makes it so that it spawns in every single persons garage, as well as rendering it impossible to exit your garage. This also explains why teleporting to others while they are at home or in their garage spawns you in your own personal garage.
Someone who has a dad who is the CEO of Cock* or a lead developer tell them they need to get on this and fix this poo poo.

tl;dr get your poo poo together Cock*

Also, I've never seen the 2nd video thing happen before, but now that it's been done in a public session I can guarantee that you'll see a shitload of loving noobs doing this.

theguybro fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jun 5, 2015

Kerosene19
May 7, 2007

hellfaucet posted:

:ohdear:

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Haha Cockstar, that's so funny! Fresh and original.

Meh, I can't feel sympathy for anyone actively using trainers/etc for hacking the online experience. I do feel bad for the ones getting dinged by Rockstar Cockstar for the actions of script kiddies.
If you're being a dick to other players by crashing their game, locking them in jail, making the game generally unplayable, you're an rear end in a top hat.
On the other hand, I do think the single player hacks and mods are pretty spectacular and add a lot to the gameplay experience.

ChiralCondensate
Nov 13, 2007

what is that man doing to his colour palette?
Grimey Drawer

hagie posted:

I got put in a literal cage, like those at the airport baggage area. I was pretty amused. Then after I got out, the guy put a canoe around my waist, and a canoe + safe around my friend. Then 747s were falling out of the sky everywhere, and I was in an indestructible helicopter and had to dodge them. The modders I've run into have had good senses of humor, so I'm lucky I guess.

Hikaki
Oct 11, 2005
Motherfucking Fujitsu Heavy Industries

Resdfru posted:

So I got an email today

This is pretty much what I'm afraid of.

Rockstar: Don't contact us if you were given hacked money. No worries if you spend it either, we'll fix it later.

Me: Oh OK well I guess I'll spend a litt-

Rockstar: We have detected suspicious activity, banned.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

theguybro posted:

^ This should not be a thing. Garages with n amount of spaces should not be zoned in the same region.
This makes it so that it spawns in every single persons garage, as well as rendering it impossible to exit your garage. This also explains why teleporting to others while they are at home or in their garage spawns you in your own personal garage.
Someone who has a dad who is the CEO of Cock* or a lead developer tell them they need to get on this and fix this poo poo.

Why? If you play the game as intended none of this is an issue. It is literally because you are modding that it might be an issue, at that, just rejoin a new session. I'm not seeing a problem than the game isn't working as intended after you already have it working as not-intended.

Unless I am missing something here, it seems no different from back in the GTAVC days that using a ton of cheats and the game loving up is exactly what should happen.

You're entitlement attitude is also pretty lol as is calling them cockstar, because you know, it is their fault for pc gamers being vile cheaters!

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

Scyron posted:

Why? If you play the game as intended none of this is an issue. It is literally because you are modding that it might be an issue, at that, just rejoin a new session. I'm not seeing a problem than the game isn't working as intended after you already have it working as not-intended.

Unless I am missing something here, it seems no different from back in the GTAVC days that using a ton of cheats and the game loving up is exactly what should happen.

You're entitlement attitude is also pretty lol as is calling them cockstar, because you know, it is their fault for pc gamers being vile cheaters!

You'd think after like what 5+ years of development the game would actually be pretty ok, considering it's been on consoles for almost 2 years.

Even SAMP has an anti cheat and it's not made by AAA game developers.

Can we agree that they should atleast put modders in one lobby and non-modders in another?

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

theguybro posted:

Can we agree that they should atleast put modders in one lobby and non-modders in another?

All the more reason for TRUE private servers.

Like back in CS1.6, you had the vanilla hardcore gamers, then you had ones with hosed gravity, or no money.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

theguybro posted:

You'd think after like what 5+ years of development the game would actually be pretty ok, considering it's been on consoles for almost 2 years.

I think it is okay. I haven't had an issue with the game on PS3 or PS4. Granted I did abuse some glitches but I don't think R* has ever punished anyone for something like that.

Maybe R* should have punished people, and made more examples out of those that get around their shark card money system. I get I would be at fault, but that was a risk I was willing to take, much like the current hackers.

Maybe having a police force that monitors online and bans people more readily would be nice, but that sounds like living in fear or possibly being wrongfully accused/punished.

Or maybe, just maybe, Rockstar doesn't give a poo poo about pc since it was released last, delayed, and when it did launch appeared to have a slew of issues. Maybe they think, "well, someone can just pirate another CD key if we do ban that player, so why bother"? Maybe they are just sitting back in their chairs watching some of this poo poo, laughing at what the community is doing, all while bathing in their $100s that rain down on them.

I get what you are saying, but I guess, I wouldn't expect anything from a company. I stopped expecting anything that resembles decent support for a game after launch, since like 2008.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Scyron posted:

someone can just pirate another CD key

no

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
I've got $2 billion listed as my "Other" income amount on the Social Club site and I've never had an email from Rockstar telling me I'm on the naughty step.

Nearly all of that dates back to the halcyon days of PS3 hacks too, so I guess I must be lucky. Perhaps they only care about PC players at the moment.

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

Pork Pie Hat posted:

I've got $2 billion listed as my "Other" income amount on the Social Club site and I've never had an email from Rockstar telling me I'm on the naughty step.

Nearly all of that dates back to the halcyon days of PS3 hacks too, so I guess I must be lucky. Perhaps they only care about PC players at the moment.

I could just be unlucky but I really have to think its because I was reported. Normally when modders are in my session and they're cool I'll jump in their car and hang out because funny stuff happens. Sometimes they kill people and I since I'm in the car at the time or around them or w/e maybe I got reported when someone was reporting. Who knows.

I submitted a ticket saying hey all I've ever done was get money from exploiters and I just read an article on your site that says I shouldn't worry about that. They replied,

Rockstar posted:

Thank you for contacting Rockstar Support.

We are sorry to hear that you are having a problem related to banning in GTA Online.

To keep the gameplay environment as fair as possible for legitimate players, we routinely do sweeps to separate out cheaters and modders, and to reverse any illegitimate transactions. These sweeps are based on in-game automated detection, examination of suspicious gameplay statistics, and also manually-reviewed evidence submitted by the Community. If you were not engaged in any willful cheating or exploiting yourself, you do not need to worry about getting caught up in our work to separate out cheaters from the rest of the population.

If you believe that you have been banned in error, and you would like to try to appeal your ban, please supply the following information:

I'm gonna do the unban request and see.

The only good thing is its not an actual ban, it looks like its gonna be cheater/exploiter sessions. So hopefully I get sessions with cool ones and not blow you up/set you on fire every 5 seconds ones.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Pork Pie Hat posted:

What's up old gen hacks buddy!

:rip: Glory Days :rip:

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Now I feel like a GTAO poor

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Interested I looked up my stats. I have probably literally earned $2-10mil in jobs

You can tell when I started I religiously looked for cars to sell...

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
:lol:

How do I get on that list? I want that hat. I bet having a crew and friends to join sidesteps all that isolation stuff?

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Maybe guilt by association?

Maybe think next time you get in that car?

Isn't that only for a few days or something?

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

did you blow up too many peoples cars?

Pogue Ma Hoon
Oct 17, 2013

I like a nice pair of slacks.

Resdfru posted:

So I got an email today

Oh bummer. I just got 14 million from a goon.

e: By the way, thanks for the loot goonbro!

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

:madmax:

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

theguybro posted:

did you blow up too many peoples cars?

wait you can get in this cheater thing for blowing up too many cars?

I don't think I blew up that many...but I did try my damndest to blow up anyone in a kuruma who killed me when I was minding my own business. Sometimes I would do so with a expertly placed (pure fuckin luck) remote bomb while they were chasing me so I guess it could look hackery.

I guess main thing to keep in mind is I seem to be the only person banned so far here on SA and plenty of people have received money so it probably wasn't the money so no need to freak out.

The dunce cap thing is funny.

hagie posted:

Maybe guilt by association?

Maybe think next time you get in that car?

Isn't that only for a few days or something?

thats what I'm thinking. and no idea how long it lasts, I appealed it and since I've never cheated hopefully it will be reversed. Hopefully they won't also take away my cars and houses. That would suck :<

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Resdfru posted:

wait you can get in this cheater thing for blowing up too many cars?

I don't think I blew up that many...but I did try my damndest to blow up anyone in a kuruma who killed me when I was minding my own business. Sometimes I would do so with a expertly placed (pure fuckin luck) remote bomb while they were chasing me so I guess it could look hackery.

I guess main thing to keep in mind is I seem to be the only person banned so far here on SA and plenty of people have received money so it probably wasn't the money so no need to freak out.

The dunce cap thing is funny.

That alone shouldn't do it. I have blown up person after person in Kurumas and I have never even been a dodgy player. It takes tank or jet rampage numbers to kill enough cars to go Bad Sport.

It looks like you are in Cheater though, not Bad Sport. As far as I always thought Bad Sport and Cheater lobbies were two different things. I could be wrong.

Postmastergeneral
Jan 11, 2005

hagie posted:

All the more reason for TRUE private servers.

Like back in CS1.6, you had the vanilla hardcore gamers, then you had ones with hosed gravity, or no money.

Lambert 1. Before wall hacks, there were players using custom models that had huge spikes extending off in all directions. Or bright green and blue models. This dawned in the era of game cache verification. Shortly thereafter came vac.

As for gta v, relying on the Eula as an anti cheat system must be very laborious for cock*. Reviewing all those riports and so forth.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Also, I've just seen my GTA:O Play Time and.... I really need to re-evaluate my life choices.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Zigmidge posted:

:lol:

How do I get on that list? I want that hat. I bet having a crew and friends to join sidesteps all that isolation stuff?

Just a quick reminder that we actually do have a crew for those in the fun bad sport lobbies:

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/the_bad_sport_bears

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

I like driving up to people, giving them the finger while peeling out in front of them and then riding off. A fresh change of pace from the usual drive-bys.

• Locked thread