Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.
"Do you know what you don't get to bring on your mission to Dinosaur Island? A loving Walkman and headphones"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Yeah, this episode was fantastic. Especially when they talked about what should happen to Hammond now.

"He should be in chains!"
"He should be at The Hague!"

"The dinosaurs started the job. And this pillow will finish it."

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
HE KNEW THEY COULD FLY! THERE'S A loving AVIARY!!!!

Also, Blame it on Outer Space is really good, it's a lot more mellow and dry humor-ish which makes it great for late night. It's better than Coast to Coast AM has been since, like, 2003.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

precision posted:

Also, Blame it on Outer Space is really good, it's a lot more mellow and dry humor-ish which makes it great for late night. It's better than Coast to Coast AM has been since, like, 2003.

Don't forget, two of the episodes feature Wilford Brimley! And one has Abraxas...

BlameSpacePod
Feb 24, 2015

precision posted:

Thank you. That's very kind of you to say. I know some folks had checked the show out before and weren't feeling it. I'd recommend they give it another shot since the show has entered a new era of no longer having in person guests and rather making Rich a permanent fixture starting with the Water Fluoridation episode but I'd say Pigman is a good place to start.

The show will have a "season finale" sometime the week of June 15th with an all call-in episode that won't be streaming live but it'll focus on individual calls and topics they bring up, one after another. I'd love for some of you SA kids to join in since you all know Slender men and whatnot. 718-593-4619 or Skype BlameSpacePod. It'll probably be Thursday the 18th from 7:30 EST to 9:30 EST. Follow the show's twitter for more up to date info as it becomes available @BlameSpacePod

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

BlameSpacePod posted:

Thank you. That's very kind of you to say. I know some folks had checked the show out before and weren't feeling it. I'd recommend they give it another shot since the show has entered a new era of no longer having in person guests and rather making Rich a permanent fixture starting with the Water Fluoridation episode but I'd say Pigman is a good place to start.

The show will have a "season finale" sometime the week of June 15th with an all call-in episode that won't be streaming live but it'll focus on individual calls and topics they bring up, one after another. I'd love for some of you SA kids to join in since you all know Slender men and whatnot. 718-593-4619 or Skype BlameSpacePod. It'll probably be Thursday the 18th from 7:30 EST to 9:30 EST. Follow the show's twitter for more up to date info as it becomes available @BlameSpacePod

Pigman episode is a good one! The one about vaccines was also great. Really I don't think I've heard a bad episode.

I'll have to think of a case file to call in about, there's so many choices...

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

BlameSpacePod posted:

So uh, which of the WHM dudes are goons?

BlameSpacePod
Feb 24, 2015

PUGGERNAUT posted:

Really I don't think I've heard a bad episode.

I disagree!

Okay, SA only WHM hype machine post: BIOOS fans will get a kick out of WHM next week.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Jose Oquendo posted:

So uh, which of the WHM dudes are goons?

Going out on a limb here....thinking BlameSpacePod is probably the one who runs the Blame It On Outer Space podcast.

It's Eric.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

thrawn527 posted:

Going out on a limb here....thinking BlameSpacePod is probably the one who runs the Blame It On Outer Space podcast.

It's Eric.

The others could be as well, I think was more his question.

I'd love to hear Andrew's and Chris' take on SuperMechaGodzilla reviews and analysis. :allears:

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

kalensc posted:

The others could be as well, I think was more his question.
Ohhhhhh. My mistake. You're totally right.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

BlameSpacePod posted:

I disagree!

Okay, SA only WHM hype machine post: BIOOS fans will get a kick out of WHM next week.

The show comes up a lot in this thread as well.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3527978

BlameSpacePod
Feb 24, 2015
The other guys have never used this site. I had to google what a goon was in relation to these forums so that shows you how much I know too. Okay guys, check ya later.

Keep on rockin' in the free world.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I knew it!

Vakal
May 11, 2008

BlameSpacePod posted:

I disagree!

Please let it be Spaced Invaders.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Vakal posted:

Please let it be Spaced Invaders.

Sorry, but they only review bad movies.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I like to think the guys are reading this thread and going, "poo poo, they're all going to call in Master of Disguise this year, aren't they?"

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Evil Mastermind posted:

I like to think the guys are reading this thread and going, "poo poo, they're all going to call in Master of Disguise this year, aren't they?"

Time to start programming the Chris Cabin Suicide Playlist. It's not as long as you'd think til the next listener request month.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

BlameSpacePod posted:

The other guys have never used this site. I had to google what a goon was in relation to these forums so that shows you how much I know too. Okay guys, check ya later.

Keep on rockin' in the free world.

You guys are all doing a great job, keep it up!

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Evil Mastermind posted:

Master of Disguise is just legitimately too awful. If the 10-year rule doesn't apply to Listener Request Month I'm standing by Punisher War Zone (because I just remembered that it's from 2008 and not earlier in the decade :smith:)

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Master of Disguise is just legitimately too awful. If the 10-year rule doesn't apply to Listener Request Month I'm standing by Punisher War Zone (because I just remembered that it's from 2008 and not earlier in the decade :smith:)

It does not apply

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Punisher War Zone is a legitimately wonderful slaughter-as-comedy movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g0bmCPFsi8

Also the accents, Jesus Christ the trainwreck of inappropriate accents in this movie. Protip: it's set in NEW YORK CITY. :allears:

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jun 6, 2015

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
This actually happened to me today: friend of my girlfriend calls her up, wants to go shopping, I tag along, she mentions how much she likes Dana Carvey's stand-up comedy and wonders why he hasn't been up to much, I say "probably because he made the worst movie ever", the friend claims she's watched it a dozen times and it's one of her favorite movies.

So there you go, fellows. :stare:

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

precision posted:

This actually happened to me today: friend of my girlfriend calls her up, wants to go shopping, I tag along, she mentions how much she likes Dana Carvey's stand-up comedy and wonders why he hasn't been up to much, I say "probably because he made the worst movie ever", the friend claims she's watched it a dozen times and it's one of her favorite movies.

So there you go, fellows. :stare:

When I was 9 years old I watched Master of Disguise twice on DVD and made sure to check all the special features and deleted scenes (of which there were a ton, beyond what you saw at the end of the movie). There was even an alternate ending, where Pistachio's dog turns out to be his grandpa in disguise.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

sean10mm posted:

Punisher War Zone is a legitimately wonderful slaughter-as-comedy movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g0bmCPFsi8

Also the accents, Jesus Christ the trainwreck of inappropriate accents in this movie. Protip: it's set in NEW YORK CITY. :allears:

Yeah, it's a total hoot, don't get me wrong. In fact, that's why I'm suggesting it, because I'm pretty sure they're gonna fall in love with it. :getin:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Corek posted:

When I was 9 years old I watched Master of Disguise twice on DVD and made sure to check all the special features and deleted scenes (of which there were a ton, beyond what you saw at the end of the movie). There was even an alternate ending, where Pistachio's dog turns out to be his grandpa in disguise.

Ok, that is legitimately a funny joke

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah, this episode was fantastic. Especially when they talked about what should happen to Hammond now.

"He should be in chains!"
"He should be at The Hague!"

"The dinosaurs started the job. And this pillow will finish it."

The dinosaur pillow case was just the most magnificent cherry on the top of that part.

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

We're not playing paddy cake here!
Soiled Meat

precision posted:

Master of Disguise is completely unwatchable.

You know that podcast where the Australian guys watched Grown Ups 2 once a week for a year? Well now they're doing Sex and the City 2. If they do it a third time, they should do Master of Disguise. Unless it drives them to suicide.

fake edit: It's called "Worst Idea of All Time", which only cements that Master of Disguise is the movie they really should be doing.

I just want to thank you for this. I'm four episodes in and I'm really looking forward to their descent into madness.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeGmrqLN_CU

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

Oh jeez, I just remembered the Scooby-Doo live-action movie exists and there isn't an episode on it yet. I know what I'm calling in next listener request month.

It's just there is a Scooby-Doo movie where there are soul-stealing demons and yet I can't hear the WHM gang be baffled by it.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

Scooby Doo movie owns though.

If you want a genuinely terrible kids movie from around that time, I recommend the Jason Lee Underdog film. It's unsettling.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

PUGGERNAUT posted:

Scooby Doo movie owns though.

If you want a genuinely terrible kids movie from around that time, I recommend the Jason Lee Underdog film. It's unsettling.

You could probably fill a whole year of just bad movies with talking dogs, CG or otherwise.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

At one point I downloaded a movie called You Don't Mess with the Love Guru: Dark Side of the Moon Mix which was you don't mess with the zohan and the love guru overlaid on top of each other at 50% opacity with pink floyd playing until the album runs out, then a bunch of NWA and maybe the hulkamania song? I'd rather watch that on repeat till the end of time than watch Master of Disguise again.

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jun 6, 2015

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

A Meat posted:

You could probably fill a whole year of just bad movies with talking dogs, CG or otherwise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf4S8z6496w

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I forgot about Zohan. Wasn't that movie a success? I'm amazed he never sequel'd it.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I decided I should watch Stealth tonight because I'm a loving idiot, and there came a point where I was wistfully remembering how Master of Disguise was only 80 minutes long

121 god drat minutes aka As Long As Star Wars

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

DoombatINC posted:

I decided I should watch Stealth tonight because I'm a loving idiot, and there came a point where I was wistfully remembering how Master of Disguise was only 80 minutes long

121 god drat minutes aka As Long As Star Wars

There is no way that Stealth hurts as much as Master of Disguise does.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
What other movies do people have in mind for the next stretch of call-ins, besides the later output from everyone involved in Wayne's World?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I was actually thinking Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey just so they could put a button on all the "STATION!" callbacks.

Which they haven't done in a while, now that I think of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Evil Mastermind posted:

I was actually thinking Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey just so they could put a button on all the "STATION!" callbacks.

Which they haven't done in a while, now that I think of it.

They have said its a stay tuned.