Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

if I had a giant list of people, a lumpen list, f you will, i would probably end it with who I thought was scum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

Somberbrero posted:

My point being that it almost reads like obfuscation. I admire the effort, but if you were going to review every single living player in the game in detail, wouldn't you have more of a point?

It looks to me as if Grid did those posts by reading individual player histories and as I said about 100yrs' catch up post, reading player histories in a vacuum strips away the majority of context that helps to form opinions.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Yeah, he definitely did that, otherwise he would've realized my post with two people had those two people in it and was discussed right after.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Look Under The Rock posted:

It looks to me as if Grid did those posts by reading individual player histories and as I said about 100yrs' catch up post, reading player histories in a vacuum strips away the majority of context that helps to form opinions.

Right, do you think that's value neutral or scummy? It's definitely forced, I'm just having trouble deciding what that means.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Somberbrero posted:

Right, do you think that's value neutral or scummy? It's definitely forced, I'm just having trouble deciding what that means.

I am too, I was hesitant to make an alignment call on it when it was 100yrs. I think at the very least it's lazy, and when 100yrs did it at least they had a few solid opinions at the end iirc. It's scummier if you get nothing out of it except a neat little recap post. I would still rather dunk a scummy vet than a scummy newbie, but I'm gonna have to do my own catchup to see who my first pick is for the day. Gut is still saying Shanakin tbh.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

We could always kill Opop. He doesn't even have a cop result on him.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Wouldn't matter, I'm a godfather

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

deadline is in four hours and there is one vote on me. and it is the only vote. looks like i'm gonna have to stab a guy

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
I'd vote for you to give you a 50/50 but I can't tell what you're doing ever. So maybe that's a good reason. No casing, no input, mostly white noise. Might as well be lurking I guess!

##vote GulagDolls

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

sounds like someone wants to get stabbed

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

##vote lutr

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Just stab whoever has the lowest post count.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Day 5 Vote Count

GulagDolls (2): Tremendous Taste, dscruffy1
Look Under The Rock (1): Pinterest Mom

ETA to deadline: 4 hours, 11 minutes

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Everyone wants to kill the towniest people in the game :(

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Actually, that vote makes me want to kill Pmom.

##vote pmom

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Ugggghhhh I just want to eat sausage and eggs today uggghhhh.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

CCKeane posted:

Side of Shanakin with that?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Ixtlilton posted:

Actually, that vote makes me want to kill Pmom.

##vote pmom

why?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

CCKeane posted:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I agree with QPQ.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Because it's a bad vote.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

keane, tell me who you think we should vote for and why

i think lutr, scruffy, and maaaaaaaaaybbbbeeeeeee shanananananananananananananannananananananananananananananannanananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananakin.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Ixtlilton posted:

Because it's a bad vote.

in what way do you think its a bad vote

how are you reconciling that vote with pmom's kill on ecco? do you think she intentionally killed her partner?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

QuoProQuid posted:

keane, tell me who you think we should vote for and why

i think lutr, scruffy, and maaaaaaaaaybbbbeeeeeee shanananananananananananananannananananananananananananananannanananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananakin.

What's your reasoning for each?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

QuoProQuid posted:

in what way do you think its a bad vote

how are you reconciling that vote with pmom's kill on ecco? do you think she intentionally killed her partner?

I forgot that was her, it's still a bad vote though. And it's possible.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Also I have sausage but I don't think I have eggs, I'll go check.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Not around for deadline I'm at a show xoxo

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

LUTR -

QuoProQuid posted:

Having gone through LUTR, his content is just as as unexceptional as I remembered. He has lots of jokevotes (1), (2) but that's not exactly noteworthy in this game. His only major contributions until Met's lynch is his defense of Gridlocked (4) (5) which is only weird because of his previously laid-back demeanor, and his sparing with Ecco (6), (7), (8) which I had initially used in LUTR's benefit. Now, I'm not entirely sure. As TNL says (9), the exchange comes off much less extreme than I remember.

The crux of my suspicions still boil down to the last moments of yesterday. I really don't like how defensive he gets when Mets and MEDS cast suspicion on him (10). His explanation for this behavior, and his thoughts on why Met was pulling a gambit seem weak to me (11).

Also, I dislike the Shanakin lynch (12). I won't mourn his passing if it happens, but it comes off to me as an exceptionally lazy play. The Ecco Gambit, which seems to be LUTR's reasoning for the lynch (Ibid)works more in theory than in practice, where it can act as smokescreen for scum looking for an easy target.

##vote: LUTR

Addendum: I was originally thinking that LUTR looked better for not supporting the 100 Years lynch yesterday, but I am beginning to second guess that assumption. Given that I have generally been supportive of his death, my death would have eliminated some of the pressure against him. I also find it odd that he frames his vote as "one of survival" (1) and then to goad PMom into voting Shanakin (2) when he was effectively doing the same.

D1Scruffy:

QuoProQuid posted:

Largely agreed. He's a new player (1) and I am very much getting a newbie scum vibe from his content. His latest post (2) rings as very off to me, like someone excusing themselves for not contributing. His post history is lacking in substance and awkward.

Addendum: He hasn't really done anything of note since I last posted about him. I don't really see his sole "content post" (3) as anything to rave about. He presents obvious facts as casing, and I am not too thrilled about it. His questioning of my continued survival also reads as off, like he is regurgitating what CCKeane said earlier in the thread (4), (5). It doesn't feel like genuine exasperation. I'm a little nervous that this behavior might just be new player awkwardness but I haven't felt good about Scruffy all game.

Shanakin:

QuoProQuid posted:

Thoughts on Shananananakin: Lurky and lacking in content. I called him out on this problem and was convinced he was newbie scum in Coins of Kerm (1), (2) and he ended up flipping town. I'm a little edgy to lynch him for that reason. Admittedly, the case on him is not because he is suspicious but to make the game more enjoyable by eliminating a lurky player. Still worried about this justification being easily exploitable for scum.

Addendum: A little less nervous about scum exploiting his lynch than I was last night; I think I might have overstated that risk. I would still probably only pursue his lynch if content remained low leading up to the deadline and were at risk of lynching a player who I don't think is scum, like PMom.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Ixtlilton posted:

I forgot that was her, it's still a bad vote though. And it's possible.

Of course it is possible, but do you feel as though it is a likely scenario?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

QuoProQuid posted:

Of course it is possible, but do you feel as though it is a likely scenario?

It doesn't sway me either way tbh.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Somberbrero posted:

Yes it is forced, I realized how little attention I was paying to the game and how I was getting lost every time I tried to do something. The summary helps me think. I have a few people I am sure am town and a few I am unsure of which gives me some ideas on who to trust and who to go over with a fine tooth comb. I worked hard on that. :colbert:

Look Under The Rock posted:

Would be better if people knew what the quote button was.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Ixtlilton posted:

I guess it kinda does, but killing your scumbuddy d1 then coasting in a no PR game seems like a thing.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Vigging a scumbuddy d1 is an easy way to gain cred, but

You could see that Ecco and Taste were about to get into a ridiculous and personal argument and as scum I think I'd like to get out of the way of that and let them poo poo up the thread.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Pinterest Mom posted:

Vigging a scumbuddy d1 is an easy way to gain cred, but

You could see that Ecco and Taste were about to get into a ridiculous and personal argument and as scum I think I'd like to get out of the way of that and let them poo poo up the thread.

Eh, I buy it. I don't think we should kill LUTR though.

##unvote

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Ixtlilton posted:

Why not? Do you think it is likely that a scum player would vig one of their own partners within hours of D1?

I guess I am just struggling to understand why you are discounting one of the biggest points in this game. I have very serious doubts that P_Mom would kill her own teammate and haven't considered her a viable candidate for that reason. The fact that you are only justifying your vote with "this vote is bad" seems weird to me.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I'm not sure who the right vote is for, but I know I don't want to vote for QPQ or Pintrest. I think both of them are good.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

QuoProQuid posted:

Why not? Do you think it is likely that a scum player would vig one of their own partners within hours of D1?

I guess I am just struggling to understand why you are discounting one of the biggest points in this game. I have very serious doubts that P_Mom would kill her own teammate and haven't considered her a viable candidate for that reason. The fact that you are only justifying your vote with "this vote is bad" seems weird to me.

It was a v. bad vote.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

QuoProQuid posted:

Also that took you over 5 minutes to write?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Oh, missed those last few posts.

Who do you think we should kill, Ixt? I know you've just recently replaced in, but the only read we have from you is on dscruffy (1) and PMom (2)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

And the town reads I corrected you on earlier.

• Locked thread