Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

donkey salami posted:

Wasn't the original tipoff a letter a family member put in a bible that a church member found?

For something the family keeps saying was so forgettable has anyone asked them about this?

This is gonna make a great Lifetime Channel movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
no information is being held in higher secrecy than the identity of that 61 year old person. seriously i've dug and i can't find poo poo

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Jesus Christ

Some of transcript is out

http://www.people.com/article/jill-duggar-jessa-duggar-josh-duggar-not-pedophile-fox-news-megyn-kelly-interview

"but, really, the extent of it was mild – inappropriate touching on fully clothed victims, most of it while [the] girls were sleeping."

"but, really, the extent of it was mild – inappropriate touching on fully clothed victims, most of it while [the] girls were sleeping."

Can someone who's already taken one for the team and read the police report explain how close this is to what actually happened?

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

I honestly wonder if Josh told his parents first just to get the jump and make it look like he was repentant. Then when that worked he went back to raping/molesting his sisters, confesses again, and the cycle continues until he finally gets married. Him snitching on himself first meant it looks like his sisters were total 'whores' and asking for it and such. Poor girls. Can't catch a break.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

donkey salami posted:

Wasn't the original tipoff a letter a family member put in a bible that a church member found?

For something the family keeps saying was so forgettable has anyone asked them about this?

Sure they've been asked, but they've never been given the opportunity to answer frankly and candidly. And I'm not even sure that they're coached into giving the responses they do so much as they're kind of subconsciously browbeaten into that line of thought, so they probably believe it's no big deal because they don't know otherwise :smith:

~seriouspostin' in GBS~

vvv exactly, and that's loving tragic

root beer fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jun 5, 2015

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
yeah you don't really need to coach them when you've just been telling them women are evil and deserve all evil that happens to them their whole lives

it wouldn't surprise me to learn that these girls feel worse about leading their brother into temptation and the resultant fiasco it has caused than anything else. Like when Cheney shot that dude in the face and then the dude had a press conference at the hospital to apologize to Cheney. Some next level poo poo.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
Wasn't Oprah involved somehow? If you don't know any hardcore conservatives, you don't realize how much they already hate her

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Idiot Kicker posted:

Wasn't Oprah involved somehow? If you don't know any hardcore conservatives, you don't realize how much they already hate her

duggars wanted to get on oprah, anonymous person told oprah about what had happened, and she filed a report to the police, which kinda get the whole police investigation going

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Titus Sardonicus posted:

~seriouspostin' in GBS~

here's a seriouspost: I yearn for the firebombing of Duggersden

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

wanna see someone ask the girls how much responsibility they feel for causing Josh to molest them

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Hazo posted:

wanna see someone ask the girls how much responsibility they feel for causing Josh to molest them

if they're like any other hardcore "christian" family I know, the response will be something like something something god did it tests trials lol

I knew an unfortunate number of people like this growing up

e. not people who got molested thankfully just people that deflected everything to them being tested by god

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Code Jockey posted:

if they're like any other hardcore "christian" family I know, the response will be something like something something god did it tests trials lol

e. not people who got molested thankfully just people that deflected everything to them being tested by god

post that picture of the "if abused not at fault" but with the focus on "would you rather have your spirit grow or not be abused?"

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

Panfilo posted:

Anxiously awaiting Kate Gosselins sage opinion about the matter.

Pshh, she's mother of the year compared to Michelle Duggar.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Broenheim posted:

post that picture of the "if abused not at fault" but with the focus on "would you rather have your spirit grow or not be abused?"

hnfghh I'd rather pretend it didn't exist

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Code Jockey posted:

hnfghh I'd rather pretend it didn't exist

im sorry

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Code Jockey posted:

I mean like in a widely-broadcast interview. Maybe yeah that's what they're supposed to say, but their pre-interview coaches would have to know that would seriously ick out the majority of the few people remaining on their side, so they'd have to either torpedo the rest of their support by giving the "the molestation we brought on ourselves was just a test" answer, or betray their cult teachings.

this is all a fantasy though because lol the idea of a real journalist getting withing a thousand feet of them

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

i'm still trying to figure out if this thing is trying to tell me that my body combined with god's body makes some bales of ground beef

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

nooo

Hazo posted:

I mean like in a widely-broadcast interview. Maybe yeah that's what they're supposed to say, but their pre-interview coaches would have to know that would seriously ick out the majority of the few people remaining on their side, so they'd have to either torpedo the rest of their support by giving the "the molestation we brought on ourselves was just a test" answer, or betray their cult teachings.

this is all a fantasy though because lol the idea of a real journalist getting withing a thousand feet of them

Yeah p much

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Code Jockey posted:

here's a seriouspost: I yearn for the firebombing of Duggersden

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Yeah but the people that support them hardcore would probably still eat up that whole "God's just testing us" angle.

The Duggars' favorite old testament story is probably the one where Lot's daughters get freaky with him though.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I guarantee you that Josh touched his sisters way more than they are letting on. They are trying to downplay it big time. No chance he just did it once or twice in a short period of time.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Wondering what kind of training the counselors had who worked with Josh and the girls

http://gawker.com/the-truth-about-josh-duggars-sham-cult-center-counseli-1709335574

Specifically look at the red text

"Who trained you to pilot commercial aircraft?"

"Jesus!" :catholic:

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Murderion posted:

inshallah

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Murderion posted:

With God all things are possible!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Anyone watching the interview. I missed the first 15 minutes

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
"We are big on family values. So to keep our children safe we have blocked Internet access and only let them read one book that is filled with violence, rape, slavery, and self help techniques. Works like a charm"

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

"we dealt with it as a family and moved on"

"Friends of our family knew what happened as they helped us move forward"

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Diddling is often harder on the diddlee than the diddler

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Catholic church should have known construction work for a family friend was the cure!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

"there was some hokey poky going on with the police report, some agenda against our family"

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Jessa says there wasn't any anger there because Josh was "sly" about "copping a quick feel"

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

"Josh was humble before God so we did not feel charges should be pressed"

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

"Josh was humble before God so we did not feel charges should be pressed"

I was also 5 and didn't know what police are

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Duggars to lock their kids away
http://thestir.cafemom.com/celebrities/186602/duggars_reveal_the_drastic_safeguards

quote:

Four years after Jim Bob and Michelle learned about what Josh did to Jessa, Jill and two other daughters (not to mention a babysitter), the Duggars built a 7,000 square foot home in Arkansas with some very telling design features: Not only are the girls' and boys' bedrooms located at opposite ends of the floor, the girls' room is "blocked" by the parents' master suite -- and is only accessible by a highly visible catwalk over the living room. (So, basically, if any of the boys want to get to the girls' room, they have to cross the catwalk and walk past their parents' bedroom and Michelle's office.)

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

"there was some hokey poky going on with the police report, some agenda against our family"

The police are notorious for their liberalism

"Darn those police and their agenda for investigating crimes!"

Jessa says there wasn't any anger there because Josh was "sly" about "copping a quick feel"

wait what

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

"We built a new house that was specifically designed to prevent Josh from molesting. But we think he was cured."

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

the females must be defended from their male siblings lest they breed

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Meghan Kelly is going off on that this was happening because they have christian values

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Meghan Kelly is the worst human being alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McStabby
Jun 26, 2007

LANA!!! CRUUUUUSH!
At least the boys are spared from hearing the fellowshipping going on in their parents' room.

• Locked thread