Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Is based on one of the Batmen from the Gotham Knight animated movie.

Mind you, on that version Bruce looked like this

Why would they base it on the absolute worst short in that entire collection. I know the rest of them all use the standard Batsuit but they could've used one of the weird designs from the short with all the kids telling stories about The Batman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Since the GMG code isn't working for me now, is there another place to get the Premium edition cheaper?

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

ThermoPhysical posted:

That video was only viewable on mute...

Rocksteady makes great games but has annoying employees. Holy poo poo.

I wonder if they're actually that obnoxious or if marketing told them to act that nutty.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

redbackground posted:

I honestly couldn't tell you at this point who the most annoying Rocksteady employee is.

Doesn't really matter, most will be sacked in 10 weeks time.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

happyhippy posted:

Gotta keep him around to help pimp out that 6 months of season pass content. Sorry.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

happyhippy posted:

My understanding is that this isn't really something Rocksteady does.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

As much as I'm nervous about chunks of the game being scraped off to be sold as DLC (lego batman 3 style), Rocksteady and their publisher have largely done a good job.

Giving them four years to develop the title is really goddamn remarkable in today's age of Assassins Creeds and Call of duty annual "events".

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

We put up with Origin to get this game :v:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Narcissus1916 posted:

As much as I'm nervous about chunks of the game being scraped off to be sold as DLC (lego batman 3 style), Rocksteady and their publisher have largely done a good job.

Giving them four years to develop the title is really goddamn remarkable in today's age of Assassins Creeds and Call of duty annual "events".

WB is great publisher. shadow of mordor was good, all of the arkham games have been good, witcher 3 is amazing. mortal kombat is published under them. and i think the published some of suda 51s games. and the mad max game made by the just cause 2 devs looks fun.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

WB has a solid track record for publishing, they just have a garbage fire when it comes to how they handle DLC.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

One thing i like that i have picked up that i liked from the gameplay shown was that thugs dont seem to be stationary anymore. In all the other previous arkham games, they would basicaly form a story circle and bitch at each other and occasionally kick something. now they are running around, throwing stuff, looting, fighting each other, running away and smashing poo poo. It makes it feel more alive.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Edit: I think Firefly's burns are more exposed in this new costume. Wouldn't you want to not expose those to air?

He has had them for like 10 or so years at this point. They are just scars. Also he is crazy as hell.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

CuwiKhons posted:

I wonder if they're actually that obnoxious or if marketing told them to act that nutty.

Holy poo poo you were not kidding this community manager is insufferable.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Chasiubao posted:

Holy poo poo you were not kidding this community manager is insufferable.

Yeah, that's why I think it's probably put on. If he acted like that on a regular basis, I feel like he would have been murdered by now.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Or sedated.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Dapper_Swindler posted:

new arkham insider. things confimered. thugs dont dodge well cars well. also closer quick look at firefly. also the gamer is longer the both city and asylum.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffQrFevUtu4

Nothing is more annoying than fake hype. Especially when the person gets hype by turning into a spaz. "Classic new double counter!" How can something be classic and new at the same time drat it?! The Batclaw Slam isn't new either! Could the Batmobile be broken? When it pulled up I saw that it took out like 7 thugs just pulling up. Can I do that for stuff like Crime in Progress or side quests that involve beating up random mooks? Sounds like an easy way to cheese the game.

Batman KOing the thug in the holding cell was hilarious.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

SonicRulez posted:

Nothing is more annoying than fake hype. Especially when the person gets hype by turning into a spaz. "Classic new double counter!" How can something be classic and new at the same time drat it?! The Batclaw Slam isn't new either! Could the Batmobile be broken? When it pulled up I saw that it took out like 7 thugs just pulling up. Can I do that for stuff like Crime in Progress or side quests that involve beating up random mooks? Sounds like an easy way to cheese the game.

Batman KOing the thug in the holding cell was hilarious.

Agreed. the gameplay itself got me exited. I dont need some cokehead loudly commenting over it.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

The new Glide features like the 180 Grapnel boost and the Batmobile catapult look really cool though. Although it does beg the question why the bat car is needed when you're gliding much faster than you could in City/Asylum/Origins. Maybe it's for accessing places like the GCPD?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

The new Glide features like the 180 Grapnel boost and the Batmobile catapult look really cool though. Although it does beg the question why the bat car is needed when you're gliding much faster than you could in City/Asylum/Origins. Maybe it's for accessing places like the GCPD?
Based on all the videos released, the game is going to throw a whole bunch of scenarios at you where you have to use the car (i.e., transporting Ivy, fighting Firefly, taking out progress-blocking tanks). I just hope it's not an obnoxious amount :/

The car sliding into all those mooks, causing them to fly everywhere, was fantastic, but man, that is incredibly un-Batsman-like.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

BATMAN: ARKHAM KNIGHT: ARKHAM KNIGHT: ANIME BATMAN

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

jesus christ gently caress that bald guy and his hosed up acne scars and zit wounds

ImpAtom posted:

WB has a solid track record for publishing, they just have a garbage fire when it comes to how they handle DLC.

Mordor had the most boring DLC ever so I'm hoping they dial it back up for this one

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

redbackground posted:

The car sliding into all those mooks, causing them to fly everywhere, was fantastic, but man, that is incredibly un-Batsman-like.

Gonna be amazed if the game doesn't end up with Batman killing someone or getting killed.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Batman will save someone from being killed by vehicular homicide.

You'll then be able to shock/run over the near victim when you return to gameplay. :v:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
For an achievement! :haw:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Amazon has some preview peeks of the Arkham Universe: The Ultimate Visual Guide and one of them has an interesting allusion to the Knight's identity

It is Jason isn't it?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Amazon has some preview peeks of the Arkham Universe: The Ultimate Visual Guide and one of them has an interesting allusion to the Knight's identity

It is Jason isn't it?

I think its damian or a clone of bruce. hedging on clone.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Nope it will be Elliot Caldwell

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

It is Jason isn't it?

They're implying Jason so strongly that I almost think it's got to be a red herring. Maybe it's Talia. Now that'd be a twist I'd like to see.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I'm hoping it's like the post credit video in Asylum and that whoever is actually the Arkham knight changes depending on things you do in the game (but that there's enough motivation for it to be any one of a number of suspects).

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
It's going to be Thomas Wayne

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

CharlestonJew posted:

It's going to be Thomas Wayne

Or his stunt double :aaaaa: or just the devil? :shrug:

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

CuwiKhons posted:

They're implying Jason so strongly that I almost think it's got to be a red herring. Maybe it's Talia. Now that'd be a twist I'd like to see.
It can't be Talia because there isn't enough prominent boob plate on the Arkham Knight, because I know not even Rocksteady wouldn't be able to help themselves.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

CuwiKhons posted:

This is what I've been semi-expecting.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

its you, the player. sick as hell.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It's robo-joker

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

its you, the player. sick as hell.

no you get out of here Assassin's Creed 4

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

CuwiKhons posted:

Maybe it's Talia. Now that'd be a twist I'd like to see.

Pretty much my thoughts as well, and if they do manage to live up to their original character (do not steal) promise it'll just be someone from that family.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Opposite sex clone of the joker fathered by Electricutioner.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

poptart_fairy posted:

Opposite sex clone of the joker fathered by Electricutioner.
Goddammit the clues were there ALL ALONG!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Joker, or Alfred, or Alfred programmed by Joker.

• Locked thread