Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I don't think I was voting gulag for a serious reason

##unvote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

Gridlocked posted:

That isn't really what I was looking for

haaaaaave you met Gulag?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Who has the fewest posts itt

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

also, the knife is whispering in my ear. "kill tnl" it says. "drink his blood, become sea vampire" it also says.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Tremendous Taste posted:

Who has the fewest posts itt

shanakin has 19 and sombrero has 20

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

shanakin has made one vote this whole game, and it was joke vote

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?
Feeling kinda sick today/last night. Just woke up (at 12:25pm).

Anyway on thinking it over, Ninth Layer is still the person who I have the most doubts about.

Look Under The Rock posted:

I haven't changed my mind about Shanakin, still think he wouldn't be a bad lynch, and after a reread I'm amazed nobody's said anything about The Ninth Layer, who is hardly participating and saying a whole lot of nothing when he does. Dude has one page of post history and it's a lot of voting QPQ and shrugging.

and clearly I'm not the only one.

##Vote The Ninth Layer

As for Grid, I suspect that effort posts like that are what he thinks scum hunting is about and is mostly trying to mimmick QPQ from the end of the last game. He did some posts like that last game as well and we did indeed use the use the user-posts only view to sort through them. My gut feeling is he's either confused himself about who to vote, or lacks the confidence to make a call out.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

haaaaaave you met Gulag?

No...

GulagDolls posted:

also, the knife is whispering in my ear. "kill tnl" it says. "drink his blood, become sea vampire" it also says.

:v:

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

shanakin has still only made one vote

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Shanakin posted:

Feeling kinda sick today/last night. Just woke up (at 12:25pm).

Anyway on thinking it over, Ninth Layer is still the person who I have the most doubts about.

and clearly I'm not the only one.

##Vote The Ninth Layer

As for Grid, I suspect that effort posts like that are what he thinks scum hunting is about and is mostly trying to mimmick QPQ from the end of the last game. He did some posts like that last game as well and we did indeed use the use the user-posts only view to sort through them. My gut feeling is he's either confused himself about who to vote, or lacks the confidence to make a call out.

you gotta bold that, sweetie

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Isn't shanakin a newbie

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Shanakin posted:

I seem to remember being the one who did all the effort last game :colbert: You played tanks while I made that flow chart and everything. Then you killed yourself.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

yes. that is why i ha ve not brutally stabbed him

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Tremendous Taste posted:

Isn't shanakin a newbie

For real? I guess I missed that.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'll admit I haven't read as closely as I ought

Can anyone summarize somber case

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?

you gotta bold that, sweetie

Dammit. Thanks good catch. I did that last game accidentally.

##Vote The Ninth Layer

GulagDolls posted:

shanakin has made one vote this whole game, and it was joke vote

It wasn't a joke vote
:colbert:

Gridlocked posted:

I seem to remember being the one who did all the effort last game :colbert: You played tanks while I made that flow chart and everything. Then you killed yourself.

I made an effort post or two as well I just didn't care about referencing or going on for 15 paragraphs.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Tremendous Taste posted:

I'll admit I haven't read as closely as I ought

Can anyone summarize somber case

Lack of scumhunting, low post count, hardon to dunk a newbie, not aggressive or even active (which is basically the first two points again but as a meta argument p much)

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

Tremendous Taste posted:

Isn't shanakin a newbie

Sorta yeah. I used to play on another site like 10 years ago and thought I would try it out and suddenly there's new metas, automatic voting (it is awesome), a bunch of new jargon, and pretty much forgot a bunch of the rules (ie last game until right near the end I was pretty sure town lost when all its special roled characters died).

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Hello party people.

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

CCKeane posted:

Hello party people.

Just in time for a lynching in like 15 minutes I think.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Shanakin posted:

Just in time for a lynching in like 15 minutes I think.

I got 13.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Any other candidates?

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

let's all just lurk until two minutes before and then do weird poo poo right at deadline amirite

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##vote Ix Bad vote on Pmom, jumps to a bad vote on Scruffy when people start to mention it

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

##vote: Somber

Probably the best lynch candidate today.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Opopanax posted:

##vote Ix Bad vote on Pmom, jumps to a bad vote on Scruffy when people start to mention it

Although...

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I know this won’t make a difference at this stage but I wanna share my opinion with a ##vote MCS. As I stated in my big :words: vomit I find his “don’t need a reason to vote” stance to not be great; especially when it’s combined with tunneling on someone. Also I’m not worried we will be losing a knife over it because I believe MCS would have used in on LUTR by now if he did due to said tunneling.

Opopanax posted:

Has some good points though. I disagree entirely on the vote on Pintrest.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Somber it is

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Yeeeeees got in before deadline. Take that lactose intolerance. No elmo avatar for me today :v:

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

Somber will be quite acceptable too.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Day 5 Final Vote Count

Somberbrero (4): The Ninth Layer, Look Under The Rock, GulagDolls, QuoProQuid
Ixtlilton (1): Opopanax
Look Under The Rock (1): Pinterest Mom
MEDS CURE SCHIZOS (1): Gridlocked
GulagDolls (1): Tremendous Taste, dscruffy1, -Tremendous Taste
dscruffy1 (1): Ixtlilton
The Ninth Layer (1): Shanakin
Pinterest Mom (0): Ixtlilton, -Ixtlilton

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
"It has to be somberbrero! Everything he's done has been shady! Lets kill him today before he can do any more damage or mislead us anymore!"

This was the general consensus of the crew, or at least the crew that wasn't sleeping in the back, blissfully dozing through the chaos on board. This time, the crew got creative: hanging somber from the top of the sails would certainly be a sign that they wouldn't accept any more of this terror from the pirates! Unfortunately, a closer search showed that Somber's loyalty to the ship and the Captain were not in question. In his pocket was a very strange, yet beautifully written, love letter written to Captain Quandary.

The crew, moderately embarassed, removed somber's body from the sails. Somewhere, the mutineers snickered a little bit at this failed attempt at intimidation.

Somberbrero, sailor, was lynched day 5.

13 members of the crew are alive. Day 6 will end tomorrow, 6/6/2015, at 9 PM.

Quandary fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Jun 6, 2015

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Quandary posted:

This was the general consensus of the crew, or at least the crew that wasn't sleeping in the back, blissfully dozing through the chaos on board.

I like Salty Quandary.

Sorry Somber :(

Grid can we not hear about your bowel movements tia

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

##vote: Ixt

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yep ##vote ix

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
If you do not have at least 7 combined posts between the past day and this current day by the end of it, expect a grumpy message from me.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

I like Salty Quandary.

Sorry Somber :(

Grid can we not hear about your bowel movements tia

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

QuoProQuid posted:

##vote: Ixt

Opopanax posted:

Yep ##vote ix

That's awfully quick together, and awfully without explanation. I mean looking over his posts they have been pretty lovely and mostly lacking in any detail this still feels pretty off to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Shanakin posted:

That's awfully quick together, and awfully without explanation. I mean looking over his posts they have been pretty lovely and mostly lacking in any detail this still feels pretty off to me.

Are you the guy from memento and you can't remember anything that happened before the day started? I mean, even if you are, you could always just look up the page to when I vote him the first time with an explanation, and then QPQ agrees with me.

• Locked thread